The FM11 Editing Help thread

• Thread starter Thread starter tiraths
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 790
  • Views Views 158K
hi all, I want to create a continental competition similiar to UEFA Champions Leaague

I wanna ask about the final:
there are four choices for the stadium:
Home Team, National, Neutral, and Specific

which one to be chosen to make the Final stadium like UEFA CL? (I mean, the venue for the Final has been chosen several years before, just like the CL)

thanks in advance

sorry if its obvious, but how do u remove people off the game?

The Italian Serie D has a few less clubs this season. In real life, 9 clubs will be directly promoted from Serie E. However FM has made it so Serie D only relegates 5 clubs, and 9 clubs are promoted. How can I fix this?

In a country contains three active divisions and none inactive below these. One of the clubs have A team in highest division, B team in second highest division and C team in lowest division. Some day A or B team will be relegated to lower division, so is it possible that A and B or B and C team play together in the same division or will that cause an error? At least B team is not possible to promote if A team will be in the same division next season and same issue if A team relegate to division with B team.

Hi All,

I am trying to reduce the number of games for the scottish premier league. Now one problem i can see is the format in Scotland is not standard in that after 30 games the top six play off for the next 6-8 games to determine the top placings. However, within the editor, I cannot even see how to edit the basic number of games. Hoping there is an "edit" tick box or something I've missed as I dont really want to redesign the entire league (selecting all the teams etc). If anyone can help I would be most grateful.

Oh and one other thing - I edited a few of my players' names and attributes (pace, corners etc) but while the names changed the attributes havent. Is there something I'm doing wrong. I deliberately set a few of the low attributes (ie less than 8) to 20 just to see if it was a "potential" development thing but it would appear not.

Cheers

Last edited:
Hi All,

I am trying to reduce the number of games for the scottish premier league. Now one problem i can see is the format in Scotland is not standard in that after 30 games the top six play off for the next 6-8 games to determine the top placings. However, within the editor, I cannot even see how to edit the basic number of games. Hoping there is an "edit" tick box or something I've missed as I dont really want to redesign the entire league (selecting all the teams etc). If anyone can help I would be most grateful.

Oh and one other thing - I edited a few of my players' names and attributes (pace, corners etc) but while the names changed the attributes havent. Is there something I'm doing wrong. I deliberately set a few of the low attributes (ie less than 8) to 20 just to see if it was a "potential" development thing but it would appear not.
After loading the database in the editor, you have to click "Add Nation Rules" If you want to edit current active divisions like Clydesdale Bank Premier Division or divisions 1-3, you have to select "Create New Competitions and Rules". Then you need to create whole competitions which you want to Scotland. Unfortunately it's not possible to edit current active divisions bu tthat way you can do just what you want despite it's not always so easy.

Attributes should be increased a lot it way you did but every all skills can't be 20. Don't ask why, I don't know. Have you edited "Current ability" and "Potential ability" values? Select just the player you want and go to the "Player data" submenu frmo the left. I'm pretty sure you have to edit at least value of Current ability but because I've always edited both same time than I've edited skills, I'm not sure.

Last edited:
Thanks Henrip. I feared I might have to create the Scot Prem from scratch but at least I know now thats the only way to do it. Yes I did change current and potential ability - maybe not enough - will try it again.

Thanks again for your help.

Is it possible to make like 7-8 year olds?
no
youngest a player can be is 14

---------- Post added at 07:16 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:13 AM ----------

In a country contains three active divisions and none inactive below these. One of the clubs have A team in highest division, B team in second highest division and C team in lowest division. Some day A or B team will be relegated to lower division, so is it possible that A and B or B and C team play together in the same division or will that cause an error? At least B team is not possible to promote if A team will be in the same division next season and same issue if A team relegate to division with B team.
chances are that the higher team wouldn't be relegated regardless of league position to avoid the teams playing in same division, meaning one unlucky club would miss out on promotion

---------- Post added at 07:24 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:16 AM ----------

sorry if its obvious, but how do u remove people off the game?
click on people menu, search person you want to remove, highlight person from your search results and press 'remove' at the bottom right

---------- Post added at 07:25 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:24 AM ----------

hi all, I want to create a continental competition similiar to UEFA Champions Leaague

I wanna ask about the final:
there are four choices for the stadium:
Home Team, National, Neutral, and Specific

which one to be chosen to make the Final stadium like UEFA CL? (I mean, the venue for the Final has been chosen several years before, just like the CL)

thanks in advance
you deserve an answer but i honestly dont know

---------- Post added at 07:31 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:25 AM ----------

Is there any guides how to create new player or club step by step?
not on here that i can find - its not too difficult though..

on left hand side menu, click on either people or club (depending on whether you want to create a player or team) then click on 'add' at the bottom right of screen - this will bring up a new player/team for you to edit as you wish, fill in the boxes (the menu on the left will now be sub menus for your player/team and each menu will have tabs with different boxes to fill in across the top of the screen) - sounds difficult but its not, not everything needs to be filled in, have a try and if you need any help either post on here or you can PM me if you like

---------- Post added at 07:38 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:31 AM ----------

Quick question:

Who do the work permit rules pertain to? Anyone outside of the country? Outside of the EU?

I want to make a database with a 0 foreigner rule (very time consuming) but I just noticed that if you just go to Add nation rules > add lower divisions and cups to existing structures, you can edit the work permit rules. If I make the permit rule for both existing and income players that their salary has to be 99999999999 quid per week, than no foreigners would have work permits, correct? And they'd all have to leave? What about in the UK? Do Scottish players need a work permit to play in the EPL?

Edit: tried it, and nothing happened...why?

---------- Post added at 07:41 AM ---------- Previous post was yesterday at 04:49 PM ----------

I figured out a way around this whole thing. You go to each nation and where it says "players recognized as EU" remove the European Union. This way none of the players count as EU status. Then, you go to the work permit rules and make it impossible for them to get a work permit (by making the wage ridiculously high). This doesn't do anything for most players though because they already have work permits. So then you go to player data, and edit it so that each foreigner doesn't have a work permit.

I am testing this out in various countries to see if it works, and so far, it seems to be. But from what I understand, Scottish/Welsh/Northern Irish players don't have to apply for a work permit to play in England. Any way around this other than re-creating the Premier League?

---------- Post added at 07:46 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:41 AM ----------

It didn't work!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It did work for Vieira and Tevez. Since I edited them and clicked 'doesn't have a work permit' on their player data, neither of them had permits and couldn't play. But I signed Mexes, and at first the work permit decision was delayed, and I holidayed, and then it was accepted!!!!! This makes no sense. I set the minimum wage for a work permit on like 100000000 per week. His wage definitely wasn't that. So how come it didn't work???????

Also, I holidayed with another team in a different save. Premiership teams sign South American players without any problems, even though this should be against the work permit rule because their salary isn't high enough (not 100000000 per week). Also, Tevez just sits on the bench at Man City (because he doesn't have a work permit) and isn't even bothered by it.

Can someone please help? Are there any tricks you know of that can keep teams from signing any foreigners? Something in the advanced editor maybe? I would really appreciate some help on this.
chances are that the default wage limit by the game is lower than 100000000 per week so it probably doesn't recognize this command - try lowering this to just 1million pounds cos lets be honest nobody will get that much! and its likely to be within the games default limit

---------- Post added at 08:04 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:38 AM ----------

The Italian Serie D has a few less clubs this season. In real life, 9 clubs will be directly promoted from Serie E. However FM has made it so Serie D only relegates 5 clubs, and 9 clubs are promoted. How can I fix this?
find serie D and E on editor and remove them
go to 'competition' and 'add' - create your own serie D as it should be and serie E with correct promotion/relegation spots
then 'add nation rules' 'edit existing structure' 'italy' and you should be able to add your new leagues below serie C

Is it possible to have multiple season's per year? Like for example have divisions of 8 team's that play each other twice.

no - if set up a division with such small amount of teams/fixtures then you will either have ages between each match or ages between seasons depending on what you put the season end date as. Whatever date is chosen as the season start date will be the same every year and its not possible to have another start date set for any other 'seasons'

no - if set up a division with such small amount of teams/fixtures then you will either have ages between each match or ages between seasons depending on what you put the season end date as. Whatever date is chosen as the season start date will be the same every year and its not possible to have another start date set for any other 'seasons'

That sucks D: i was so looking forward to a fast paced World Super League

anyone know how to remove the rules from england that mean you cant sign under 18 players from, say, brazil? thanks!

Help!!!

On the editor when you select the Database it only has patch one? I want to modify Patch 2

Any help.

---------- Post added at 01:20 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:12 AM ----------

Anyone?

Do you have to download the game before you get on editor because i'm downloading it on my new computer and it wont let me go on editor ?????

Do you have to download the game before you get on editor because i'm downloading it on my new computer and it wont let me go on editor ?????

Pretty sure you need to install the game aswell, although it doesn't really make sense :P

---------- Post added at 01:36 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:33 AM ----------

anyone know how to remove the rules from england that mean you cant sign under 18 players from, say, brazil? thanks!

That's to do with Brazil, not England. Don't think you can edit it.

Help!!!

On the editor when you select the Database it only has patch one? I want to modify Patch 2

Any help.

---------- Post added at 01:20 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:12 AM ----------

Anyone?

What do you mean? Could you give a screenshot please (Alt + F9)

For some reason my computer wont take a screenshot

or just print screen it, save on paint and upload that file to a fileshare site and post a link

See i can only select default which is patch 1 and patch 1

or just print screen it, save on paint and upload that file to a fileshare site and post a link
yeah this:
press print screen on keyboard of the screenshot you want

then load up paint

then press ctrl+v and you screeshot will apper

them file: save as: (name of your choice)

once saved it will be stored in your pictures

---------- Post added at 01:50 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:48 AM ----------

See i can only select default which is patch 1 and patch 1
patch two definately been installed on your comp?

when you start a new game does it let you choose patch two?

Back