March 2018

Mar18-z_2.png

4th March 2018
Premier League

Mar18-a_1.png

As we barrel towards the end of the season we face a tough challenge against fellow potential European chasing club, QPR. With both sides eager to break into the race for continental football I expected a tough challenge but it seems that Rangers are running low on gas. An efficent display including yet another goal for Immobile puts us one step closer to breaking into the race.

10th March 2018
Premier League

Mar18-b_1.png

Stoke are another that could potentially rival us for a spot in the Europa League and with the leagues leading goal-scorer and former Fox, Jamie Vardy in their ranks they are not to be underestimated, however we once again made light work of the Potters, with the wingers again combining for the victory. The race is now well and truly on.

24th March 2018
Premier League

Mar18-c_1.png

Having seen off two of our nearest rivals a match up against lowly Norwich should have given us another chance at picking up maximum points but once again the Canaries upset the odds as they push us all the way to the final whistle. A late goal from German defender, Heintz helped us to ****** an undeserved point.

31st March 2018
Premier League

Mar18-d_1.png

The title race is charging forward at full pace and with a chance at reclaiming the title frustratingly close for Tottenham they certainly put on a display that would suggest they are eager to reclaim it as they defend admirably before a goal from young Spanish winger, Inaki Williams broke the deadlock and handed Spurs another three points to their impressive tally.

March 2018
Premier League
Mar18_1.png

We've climbed up a position and now look poised to ruin Hull's party. The Tigers have been in sensational form surprising most around the country but have completely collapsed of late, just in time for the Foxes to take over from where they left off. With Champions League bound Spurs scooping the League Cup earlier in the season there is now one more slot in the Europa League up for grabs. This could be on!

April 2018

Apr18-z_1.png

7th April 2018
Premier League

Apr18-a_1.png

Bournemouth are another side that much like West Ham always seem to save their best until they are up against the Foxes and once again the Cherries nearly spoil our end of season run in. Thankfully a penalty within the final five minutes of the game, gifted us with the perfect opportunity to ****** a point.

14th April 2018
Premier League

Apr18-b_1.png

United are the only club in between us and the automatic spot in the Europa League and we made a huge step towards over-taking Roberto Martinez's men with a dramatic victory at the King Power Stadium. Ciro made a return to the score-sheet after just five minutes but it seemed the victory had slipped through our fingers following Martial's late goal but a calamitous own goal from Chris Smalling threw the points back into our hands.

23rd April 2018
Premier League
Apr18-c_1.png

The ever struggling Newcastle are once again desperatley fighting against potential relegation and a comfortable victory for the Foxes forced the Magpies further into danger. Gray is developing into a really exciting player down the flank and has blossomed since being thrown into the deep end, whilst Immobile puts a gloss on the finish with a late goal.

28th April 2018
Premier League

Apr18-d_1.png

Everton are uncharacteristically low down the table and following an end to end battle between ourselves and the Toffees, neither club made any real progress in the League. Gray continues to grow as a player with yet another goal to his impressive tally but is soon cancelled out by former Madrid starlet Cheryshev as the Russian tucks home a superb individual goal of his own.

April 2018
Premier League
Apr18_1.png

With just one solitary game remaining in the season any hopes of automatically qualifying for the Europa League have now gone, now we are reliant solely on Tottenham finishing within the top four. With Spurs in one of the closest title battles seen for years there is no guarantees quite yet as City look to make a late break back into the Champions League spots. Fingers crossed for Mario.

Cheers Delano, I'll do my very best!

Thanks alot Godfish, much appreicated.

May 2018

May18-z_1.png

13th May 2018
Premier League

May18-a_1.png

Well that was a disappointing way to end the season. Chelsea are one of the four potential teams who could claim the title and in efficient fashion they wasted little time in ensuring they had done all they could, forcing an own goal from the unfortunate Ivan before Kenedy once again smashed a goal past the helpless Schmeichel. All eyes turned to Tottenham...

May 2018
Premier League
May18_1.png

Although it might not say it and I most definitely didn't get a message to congratulate me, we actually did it! Courtesy of Tottenhams League Cup victory we scoop the extra spot in the Europa League... all be it in the third qualifying round of the competition. Non the less Europe awaits! Time for a much needed boost to my reputation!

A huge step forward in my career as I finally prepare for my debut in continental football and my first competitive games outside of Europe, for the rest of my colleagues however things stayed altogether too similar.

man1.png
Man10.png
man6_1.png
Pep GuardiolaJurgen KloppJoachim Low
Manchester CityLiverpool FCBarcelona
£170,000 per week£96,000 per week£94,000 per week

No changes for the second season in a row.

Pep's time as the highest paid manager in the world still fails to bring in any rewards for Manchester City as he suffers from Arsene syndrome settling for a fourth place finish in the league that narrowly clinches Champions League football, probably saving his job in the process.

Meanwhile for our German duo languishing on nearly half the wages their careers took rather different paths this season.

Low managed to pick up a dominant domestic double with Barcelona, including an impressive route to the BBVA title, whilst Liverpool and Jurgen Klopp failed to build on their place as Premiership runner ups last season eventually settling for a fifth place finish and a place as runners up in the FA Cup.

For myself it looks like I will be joining Klopp in the Europa League for the forth coming season.

Man0.png
Derby Jack
Leicester City
£18,750 per week

Unlike Klopp, I wont be doing it on nearly One Hundred Thousand pounds a week...

Despite securing a long awaited place in Europe for the Foxes it seems the board still aren't quite trusting in their inexperienced, time-travelling manager they appointed three seasons ago, as I fail to claim a new contract with just one solitary year remaining on my current one.

I guess I need to prove myself in the Europa League before my Thai employers will dare to tie me down to the club any longer.

Cheers Death Ball! Good to be back!

Leicester.png

Europe awaits.

Having ridden our luck into a continental competition, an important transfer window awaits as we look to build on our good fortune.

Tran18-OUT.png

Three departures and not a single one from the first team, not to say there wasn't any interest however.

Defender Emmanuel Mammana drew the interest of some of the finest clubs in the Continent, with Pep Guardiola's Manchester City leading the way in their attempts at snatching up our Argentinian defender.

Having watched the likes of Jamie Vardy and Mahrez leave the club without so much as a fight I decided it was time to put my foot down and for once did all I could to keep one of the worlds most promising defenders in a Leicester City shirt.

Needless to say Emmanuel was non to happy with the dressing room split in their loyalty's between myself and the want-away star.

With the drama kicking off behind the scenes, I opted to distract myself with some new arrivals...

Tran18-IN.png

Tran18-a_1.png

Cost: £8 million

First arrival has German prodigy Nadiem Amiri arrive in the East Midlands. The young attacking midfielder arrives as a first team addition to replace Emmanuel Fernandes. The Swiss international has struggled to match the quality in the Premier League and with the impressive Amiri on sale I jumped at the opportunity to add some much needed depth.

Tran18-b_1.png

Cost: £15.75 million

My pride would normally have told me that having left the club when we where at our lowest ebb, the Algerian star, Riyad Mahrez doesn't deserve to join us on the cusp of European football but then again when all you care about is money, pride can wait. Having suffered a miserably short spell with Real, he makes a welcome return to the King Power stadium and a starting spot on the left flank.

Tran18-c_1.png

Cost: £10 million​

With Mammana currently doing his best to grab a Manchester City shirt, I had a urgent need to find a suitable replacement should the worst happen and in stepped Marc-Oliver Kempf. The German has all the technical ability of a defender with twice his experience and should make a solid addition to our defence in what is certain to be a testing season ahead.

So there we have it.

Three no-nonsense departures and the arrival of two promising young players and a returning club legend, yet somehow I still feel the window wasn't quite a success.

The dressing room is being turned by the frustrated Emmanuel Mammana. This should make things interesting.

Last edited:

Preseason 2018/19

Pre18-z_1.png

14th July 2018
Friendly​

Pre18-a_1.png

First game of the Pre-season has us go up against a team we could very well be matching up against in the Europa League. Croatian giants, Dinamo are not to be taken likely but a sensational display from the entire team ensures we run out comfortable winners.

21st July 2018
Friendly

Pre18-b_1.png

Oldham are next up for the Foxes and despite easing past an Eastern European Goliath in the previous game we struggle to even rise to a draw against the League One side. We'll need to have much more consistency if we are to manage our efforts between the league and our numerous cup competitions in the season to come.

25th July 2018
Friendly

Pre18-c_1.png

Back to European action and Bundesliga Two side, Union Berlin. The German side have a sound history but are well short of their previous heights. Ciro Immobile soon demonstrated the gulf in class between the two sides before new signing, Amiri reintroduced himself to his countrymen with a fine goal.

28th July 2018
Friendly

Pre18-d.png

And one last trip to the lower rungs of England to round off the pre-season. Accrington Stanley are surviving in the cut throat world of League Two currently and despite having the perfect opportunity to give themselves a huge boost going into another potentially difficult season they slumped to a convincing defeat.

So Another Pre-season done and dusted.

Despite half the dressing room already starting to question my methods, the boys maintain a Professional display to put on a relativley convincing warm up for the season ahead.​

Not sure if it's just me, but all of your images don't seem to be coming up :/

Where in FM16 can i find the list of managers earning the most?

Where in FM16 can i find the list of managers earning the most?
You can use the staff search for Managers and filter by wage. I haven't tried this but i think it would work.

Going well here. European competition ahoy! As an aside, a certain Leicester just bought Borja Baston in 2017 in my game. Get on it Claudio

You panicked me for a second then Patrick. Thought I had been uploading blank updates without knowing for quite some time.

Exactly as Seano said athomash. I search for staff, sort by current wages and make sure you turn off the realistic appointment filter and there they are. A few players wanting to take up a role in management will also show up just so you know. Cheers Seano!

Cheers Gozilla! Looking forward to getting stuck into Europe. Borja has broken my heart, Claudio should be careful!​

August 2018

Aug18-z_1.png

2nd August 2018
Europa League - 3rd Qualification Round - First Leg

EL18-a.png

The season gets under way with our first tastes of European football and its a positive one for the Foxes. Slovakian side Zilina greet us in our initial Europa League game and we soon give them a taste of what we can offer to the competition with a comfortable victory in front of an intrigued home crowd.

9th August 2018
Europa League - 3rd Qualification Round - Second Leg

El18-b.png

The trip to Slovakia wasn't exactly the perfect preparation to the start of the Premier League but a late goal from German defender, Heintz at least ensured that we passed into the Playoffs with ease. With the minnows now mainly knocked out of the competition, the real challenge will soon be on its way.

18th August 2018
Premier League

Aug18-a_1.png

Whether it be the distraction of the Europa League or the extra miles in their legs from the opening games we certainly didn't show up in our first game of the season as Everton leave it late to secure a cruel victory. The Toffees might not have dominated the game but we can't complain about the result as we struggled to amass any shots on goal. Disappointing.

23rd August 2018
Europa League - Playoff - First Leg

El18-c.png

French side, Toulouse are the only thing standing between us and the all important group stages of the competition. With the first leg being in the Ligue One clubs own backyard we certainly could have suffered some early jitters but the team certainly didn't show it, controlling the entire game in efficient fashion as we run out three goal winners.

26th August 2018
Premier League

Aug18-b_1.png

Despite being in fine form in the Europa League it seems that we are struggling to get to grips with the early stages of the Premiership. Former Leicester City icon, Jamie Vardy left it late to open the scoring before Christensen rubbed salt into the wound as the Potters secured a demoralising victory.

30th August 2018
Europa League - Playoff - Second League

EL18-d.png

Having taken a giant step into the group stages following a ruthless first leg in France, we welcomed Toulouse to the East Midlands knowing we only needed to hold them at bay to secure a reputation boosting spot in the Group stages. It might not have been exciting but we certainly acheived our goal as a bore draw sent us sailing into the next stage. Now to await the all important draw....

ELGroup.png

A respectable group awaits. Viktoria Plzen and Rosenborg are certainly not to be taken lightly but we should be able to see ourselves past them whilst the Bundesliga's Wolfsburg present the most stern test in the group as we aim to qualify into the knock-out stages.

August 2018
Premier League

Aug18_2.png

Despite the population of Leicester eager to see the group putting on their best efforts in the Europa League, it seems that our Premier League campaign is already showing some worrying signs at this incredibly early stage. With no points, no goals and a spot in the relegation zone we need to see a vast improvement to call this season a success.

September 2018​

Sep18-z_1.png

2nd September 2018
Premier League

Sep18-a_1.png

The returning Algerian marks his return to the King Power stadium with a familiar goal from the right wing. Unfortunately the early goal proved to not be enough as the Cherries pegged us back almost immediately as both teams opted to play for the point in what became an extremely lackluster first-half.

15th September 2018
Premier League

Sep18-b_1.png

The international break didn't offer us any relief as the club once again drop points following a game that should have been ours for the taking. The increasingly frustrated Ciro Immobile has voiced his concern about not wanting to play for such a lowly club any longer but at least the Italian is still able to find the back of the net.

20th September 2018
Europa League - Group A

El18-e.png

The group stage gets under way and we make the quick trip up North to visit Norwegian heavyweights, Rosenborg. Once again we save our efficient best for the continental competition and pick up a solid victory courtesy of another goal from our Algerian wizard on the wings. Why can't we do this in the league?

23rd September 2018
Premier League

Sep18-c_1.png

Just three days later and we're back into the action of the Premier League and another disappointing draw awaits. West Brom have been struggling in the Premiership of late, floundering near the bottom of the table but the Baggies certainly didn't seem like the team in a slump as we narrowly clung onto the point following a disappointing game in our own back yard.

26th September 2018
Capital One Cup - 3rd Round

LC18-a_1.png

Domestically is safe to say things haven't exactly got off to the best of starts and the League Cup certainly didn't let us have any rest-bite as we are tied up against Jurgen Klopp's Liverpool. The German manager hasn't exactly hit the ground running with the Reds but he certainly seems intent on dragging them to League Cup glory with a two goal victory helping them on their way.

September 2018
Premier League

Sep18_1.png

Well this certainly isn't getting better anytime soon. Still locked into Nineteenth place in the league with only a shockingly bad Leeds keeping us off the bottom of the table. Is the Europa League really affecting our performances this much or have I failed to keep the squad up to the level of the Premier League? Either way I'm struggling in the early stages right now.

September 2018
Europa League - Group A

Sep18EL.png

The Europa League seems to be the only place we can actually find some good fortune. Following our narrow victory over Rosenborg we now top the table, as Wolfsburg are surprisingly held to a draw by group minnows, Viktoria Plzen. If our luck holds in this competition our fate back home in England might not even matter...right?

October 2018​

Oct18-z_1.png

1st October 2018
Premier League

Oct18-a_1.png

Once again the Premier League punishes us. Winger Demari Gray has developed into a fine player since being thrust into the spotlight and the former Birmingham prodigy soon had us into the lead against Southampton but it once again became an afternoon to forget as the Saints fought back late into the second half to ****** away all the points. The mood soon plummeted...
Oct18-2nd.png

4th October 2018
Europa League - Group A

El18-f.png

With a split dressing the Europa League was there to once again comfort me as we once again save out best for the continental competition. With a first half goal gifting us a deserved but unexpected lead against group favourites Wolfsburg we seemed to be set for the victory before a controversial penalty in the final few moments of the game robbed us of the opportunity.

7th October 2018
Premier League

Oct18-b_1.png

Despite our recent turmoil behind the scenes we finally pick up a long awaited victory in the league as we ****** a fortunate victory over a Leeds side that seem to be well on course for relegation already. Despite Leeds appalling form it still took a calamitous own goal to gift us a much needed three points.

20th October 2018
Premier League

Oct18-c_1.png

Having had a relativley strong reign over the most succesful club in English football history I was relativley confident of making it back to back victories. The Red Devils however thought otherwise. A first half drubbing killed off the game before we even had a real opportunity to get into the game. Losing to United. Now things are truly bad.

25th October 2018
Europa League - Group A

El18-g.png

No matter how low it seems to be back in the league, the Continental competition has always got my back. A potentially tricky trip to Viktoria Plzen saw the down trodden Foxes pull off a superb performance, with Italian striker Ciro Immobile breaking a run of poor form to smash home a clinical hat-trick, to continue our unbeaten streak in the competition.

28th October 2018
Premier League

Oct18-d_1.png

In what is becoming increasingly predictable fashion we return to action back home and collapse in front of the despondent home support. Belgian winger Origi single handedly made a mockery of our defence, as QPR picked up an all too easy three points at the worryingly fragile King Power Stadium.

October 2018
Premier League

Oct18_1.png

Well this is uncomfortable. A quarter of the way through the season and with just one victory to our name we seem rooted to the foot of the table alongside the crest fallen Leeds United. I honestly don't know what has happened...Other then the dressing room turning against me, my tactics not working and the extra fixtures from the Europa League...This isn't going to plan.

October 2018
Europa League - Group A

Oct18EL.png

Meanwhile In the Europa League everything is going swimmingly. With Wolfsburg failing to make the most of their opportunites and Rosenborg and Viktoria Plzen appearing to be simply making up the numbers in the competition our place in the latter stages of the competition seems to be well on the cards.

November 2018​

Nov18-z_1.png

4th November 2018
Premier League

Nov18-a_1.png

Liverpool aren't exactly having a good time of it in the league either right now, with Jurgen Klopps job just as much under the spot light as my own, however unlike myself the Reds actually pulled out all their stops for their under fire leader as they cruised to a comfortable two goal victory putting me in an all too familiar position...
Nov18-6th.png

Nov18-6th1.png

8th November 2018
Europa League - Group A

El18-h.png

Ah the Europa League. My own bright light in these otherwise dark times. We tie up against Viktoria Plzen for the second game in a row and complete the double against them with another convincing display in the competition. The way this is going I'm not going to be around at the helm of the club to see us into the knock-out stages.

11th November 2018
Premier League

Nov18-b_1.png

The pressure is well and truly on and for once the gods of football took pity on me. Tottenham have well and truly established themselves as title contenders for the third season in a row but suffered a suprise victory as the out of form, Leicester shocked them with a very welcome display at the King Power Stadium. That should improve morale no end.

24th November 2018
Premier League

Nov18-c_1.png

Despite picking up all three points against arguably one of the best teams in the league we can't repeat the performance against lowly Watford. The Hornets are actually off to a fairly respectable start in the league and following an extremely late goal they remained well on course for a finish high in the rankings.

29th November 2018
Europa League - Group A

El18-i.png

The Europa League group stage is drawing to a close already and for the Foxes we required just a solitary victory to ensure our progress into the next round. Once again defying their domestic form the boys didn't let the pressure get to them as young winger, Demari Gray fired us into the knock out stages with style.
Nov18-29th.png

November 2018
Premier League

Nov18.png

I hate the Premier League right now. Despite picking up our second victory of the season we have actually managed to full yet further into rock bottom of the pile. Leeds have given us a superb display on just how to turn around a dire run of form but it seems we still have a long way to go yet before we can emulate their early escape.

November 2018
Europa League - Group A

Nov18EL.png

From bottom to top. The Europa League group stage is all but over with one game remaining as Wolfsburg and ourselves advanced to the next stage. With our place at the top of the table secured we can await the draw next month relatively confident on continuing our charge throughout Europe.

December 2018​

Dec18-z_1.png

2nd December 2018
Premier League

Dec18-a_1.png

Swansea are fighting it out in what appears to be a wide open battle for the Europa League spots but we finally pulled off a late game changer of our own as German attacking midfielder Amiri found the back of the net with just six minutes remaining. The former Dortmund players form has been a rare bright spot in this thus far disappointing league campaign.

8th December 2018
Premier League

Dec18-b_1.png

When Norwich opened the scoring on the half hour mark I feared the worst but a second half team talk certainly rallied the boys and they want back out on the pitch determined to prove their worth. Two goals within mere seconds of each other turned the tide of the game and saw the boys finally celebrate on the back of what has now become a four game unbeaten streak. Things seem to be on the turn and the board certainly took note...
Dec18-7th.png

13th December 2018
Europa League - Group A

El18-j.png

We round off what has so far been an incredibly successful Europa League campaign with a convincing away day victory over the initial favourites, Wolfsburg. With both teams already qualified for the next round of the competition and no league standings to play for we didn't need the victory but Ciro Immobile seems determined to drag this club to glory in the continent as we await another important draw...

El18-KO.png

The Russians await!
Much like ourselves since qualifying for the Europa League, Anji have suffered massively in the league. Sitting just above the relegation zone it seems we are set for a scrappy knock out game as both clubs look to salvage some pride.

22nd December 2018
Premier League

Dec18-c_1.png

With morale apparently on the increase and the club seemingly in the best form of the season so far, I kind of expected to be coming away from the Olympic Stadium with atleast a point but the Hammers certainly had other ideas. A Payet inspired victory saw the Londoners cruise past us ending our streak and sending morale plummeting once more.

29th December 2018
Premier League

Dec18-d_1.png

The last thing we needed after the demoralising defeat against West Ham was a match against the riches of Pep Guardiola and his Citizens but the boys are at least showing more of a fight of late as they bounce back to claim a point against one of the best clubs in the league. Getting some kind of consistency will be crucial to dragging us out of the mire.

December 2018
Premier League
Dec18_1.png

We're climbing out of trouble. Leeds are back into the mire, whilst Norwich who handed us three points this month have helped to give us a further boost towards finally breaking out of this surprising relegation dog fight. With two games in hand over the majority of the clubs around us we could be about to put this horrific start behind us.

December 2018
Europa League - Group A

Dec18EL.png

The Group stage has been kind to me. A superb performance from the boys in the continent helped massively to increase the lowly morale throughout the team and thus helped to keep me in the job for the time being atleast. With a cold trip to the land of Vodka and Bear skin hats now a month away its the perfect time to refocus our efforts on repairing our League campaign.