The Football Managing Mercenary

• Thread starter Thread starter DerbyJack
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 749
  • Views Views 419K

Another season comes to an end in sunny Newcastle and for once their has been some much welcome progress to my standings in the league and it seems I wasn't the only one to experience a change of fortunes...​

[TABLE="class: cms_table_cms_table_cms_table_cms_table_cms_table_cms_table_cms_table_cms_table_cms_table, width: 800, align: center"]
[TR]
[TD]
man6_1.png
[/TD]
[TD]
Man13.png
[/TD]
[TD]
Man14.png
[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]Joachim Low[/TD]
[TD]Diego Simeone[/TD]
[TD]Roberto Martinez[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]Barcelona[/TD]
[TD]Chelsea[/TD]
[TD]Manchester United[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]£94,000 per week[/TD]
[TD]£91,000 per week[/TD]
[TD]£91,000 per week[/TD]
[/TR]
[/TABLE]

It's another change around in the top of the earner listings as former Real Madrid, Laurent Blanc is shown the door following another trophy-less season for the most demanding club in football.

Taking his place comes a men truly deserving of his place at the top. Roberto Martinez. The current Manchester United manager, got off to a slow start at Old Trafford but how quickly turned the Red Devils back into a dominating force with Premier League titles and another Champions League trophy added to Sir Alex's mighty collection.

For Low and Simeone despite being reminded of their fragile place at the top of the standings, with Blancs untimely departure they both manage to increase their position at the club with a domestic title added to their growing reputation in the beautiful game.

With all three managers seemingly thriving at their respective clubs it is going to take one **** of an effort to muscle in on the money spinning trio.

[TABLE="class: cms_table_cms_table_cms_table_cms_table, width: 265, align: center"]
[TR]
[TD]
Man0.png
[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]Derby Jack[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]Newcaslte United[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]£20,500 per week[/TD]
[/TR]
[/TABLE]

With my contract just days away from coming to an end it seems I'm about to enter the perilously insecure world of a month by month contract.

Non the less with nothing holding me down to the club and a host of European teams once again left manager less come the end of the season, including the mighty Real Madrid I eagerly awaited to hear back from some of the biggest and best. Surely my mid-table finish will have impressed a host of Chairmen across the continent?
2425-1.png

2425-3.png

Or Perhaps not.

None the less with my name now linked to the Champions of both the Turkish and Belgian Champions, I can at least take some comfort in knowing that at least some parts of Europe will still consider recruiting me.

With the biggest leagues and the likes of Real Madrid and Schalke not even considering me worthy of an interview, I've soon realised that my mid-table finish might not have been quite as impressive as I had hoped...

What on earth has happened in your file for Martinez to be that successful?!?! Tough luck with some of the rejections, it was looking like Newcastle were finally going to come good for you at one point there.

In all honesty i have no idea.

Having taken over from Van Gall, he got off to a predictably appalling start but has managed to turn the Red Devils into an absolute force. Thanks alot Mercurial, they did me proud...for once.

With just two clubs showing any kind of vague interest in me at the end of the season I was essentially gearing up for another season with Newcastle, especially given my recent history of failing just about every interview possible.

My positively sunny outlook was soon rewarded...
2425-2.png

Well there goes a potential year of sun-bathing and kebabs in Turkey.

Truth be told I have no idea about Turkish football beyond the main clubs in the competition and those few European stars who disappear off to the Turkish Super Lig for an end of career swansong, so I can hardly blame the might of Galatasary for opting against such a risky appointment but it seems that careful attitude did not spread as far as the home of French Fries and waffles.

I'm finally free...
CbruCon.png

Belgium Awaits!

I'm not just out of Newcastle but I'm finally out of England as well!

Having spent nearly Twenty time-travelling years managing in my home country, a club has finally emerged to ****** me away from the punishing Premier League. With the contract signed and five years of obscurity in Newcastle behind me there's just enough time to have a look back at my achievements in the North East of England.

Newc.png

With my career in tatters following a mauling at the hands of the Foxes, a recently relegated Newcastle gave me a much needed life-line at one of the biggest clubs in the country.

And it all started off so well...

2019/20 Season
Championship

1920-Newc.png

May20_2.png

A brutal and lengthy season in Englands second tier should have been a walk through for the might of Newcastle but with a rapidly disappearing squad and a host of strong teams all battling for a return to the promised land, I was eventually forced to settle for a respectable second place finish. Non the less, the club and myself where back and ready for revenge in the Premier League.

2020/21 Season
Premier League
2021-Newc.png

May21.png

The Premier League soon reminded me, just how harsh it is. Fresh from an impressive failure at the Foxes, I was keen on rebuilding my reputation in the top flight but in a season that saw the club narrowly avoid the drop and my job on the line already I barely made it through with my dignity intact.

2021/22 Season
Premier League
2122-Newc.png

May22_1.png

With hopes of improving the squad in the transfer window I paid big to transform the squad from top to bottom and only managed to once again narrowly miss out on a return to the Championship. Having spent the majority of the season in the dropzone it was fair to say that by the end of this season I was certainly feeling the pressure at St James's Park.

2022/23 Season
Premier League
2223-Newc.png

May23.png

Once again in my desperation to escape another life shortening stress filled relegation battle I went to town in the transfer window, with a Twenty million pound transfer for a Russian teenager. Needless to say it didn't pay off. A third straight dog-fight at the foot of the table soon followed and my desire to flee for safety soon grew.

2023/24 Season
Premier League
2324-Newc.png

May24.png

Realising that I was actually going to need to make some kind of achievement at Newcastle in order to emerge from Newcastle with any kind of respect the boys finally put on the kind of performances that where long overdue. An impressive set of results and a mid-table finish finally saw me gain some momentum and ensured my longed for escape from Newcastle.

Truth be told, it felt a lot longer.

Five seasons at Newcastle and in not one did I manage to pull the team up to its lofty potential. No wonder I ended my spell at the club with more rejection letters then points.

Thankfully, as a money obsessed mercenary, I can hide my shame behind some new found wages.

Time to grab some Euros!

Last edited:
Personally one of the my favoruite stories keep up the good work man. Hope Belgium isn't hard on you

Thanks alot MrWisoman, as long as it gives me a route to some silverware I'll be happy! Truth be told I'm not all that familiar with the Belgian leagues...should be interesting.

My time in England has come to a long overdue end.

Having struggled my way from the basement of English football all the way to the foot of the Premier League, I finally get a shot at proving my worth over seas.

Cbru.png

It might not been the Bundesliga, Serie A or Liga BBVA but Belgium certainly is not to be overlooked.

With my bags packed, flights booked and a quick taxi booked from Newcastle, its time to kick start a new chapter of my career.

CBruCon.png

Big changes on the field. No Changes off it.

As it turns out Club Brugge can only just match the wages of Newcastle United but just a change of location alone was enough to see me quickly jump at the opportunity for some football in the continent.

With my excitement quickly building, its probably a good time to take a step back and take a look at just what I've got myself in to before I leap straight in...

CBruFix_1.png

CBruStand.png

Well that's a welcome surprise.

For the first time in my career I'm actually taking over a club at the top of their game. For the last four years, Club Brugge have claimed the title with former title rivals, Anderlecht seemingly slipping into obscurity. A simple stroll to the title was complemented with an impressive Croky Cup trophy to boot. Surely I've got to pick myself up some silverware here?

Based on the impressive supremacy that Brugge have over the Belgian league it begs one question.

Why have they hired me?

With the club already two competitive games into the season, the boards reasoning soon became clear...

CBruFix1.png

CBruStand1.png

With Seven years of domination, six league titles and five cup trophies to his collection, former manager Mario Been aimed to round off his career with one last piece of silverware.

Unfortunately for the club icon, his impressive career ended on a low with AA Gent spoiling the party and sending Been off from the club with an unfamiliar feeling of disappointment, missing out on Belgium's equivalent of the Charity Shield, the Super Cup.

No Pressure then.

With some mighty big boots to fill, my first taste of European football is going to be testing.

Time to get my globe hopping career truly under-way.

Last edited:

Cbru.png

The Black and Blue of Club Brugge is once again setting up to try and retain their title for the fifth consecutive year.

Its time to see who I've got at my disposal to do the job...

CBruTeam.png

With the squad swelling with pride, I actually take over a team where for the first time in years I don't have a host of players putting transfer requests on my table.

An experienced and strong line-up is at my disposal. It's clear that Brugge have set themselves up as an all out attacking force of late, with a number of players all eager to get themselves forward on the pitch and on the score-sheet at the same time.

The only thing missing from this strong team is a future. With just one player under the age of Twenty-Four the club is crying out for some potential. Non the less its a good opportunity to look at two players who are already at the top of their game.

CBruStar1.png

Formerly of Juventus, Iglesias has struggled for game time for the majority of his career before arriving in Belgium. With one season already under his belt the Argentinian defender has certainly proved his worth at this level, with his rapid pace and growing technical ability once again attracting the attention of some of Europe's best.

CBruStar2.png

The club is flooded with attacking midfielders and key to all of those is Croatian playmaker, Drazen Petrak. An incredible touch on the ball and the mental ability of a player with twice his experience makes him a force to be reckoned with in the Juliper Pro League. With plenty left in his tank, Petrak is certainly going to be a crucial player for years to come.

This just keeps getting better.

With a club at the top of its game, a squad pre-made to seemingly walk to the title and the clubs former closest rivals currently way off the pace, I should be well on my way to finally claiming a long awaited trophy or two.

Looking very good side and capable doing something in europe if not in UCL then in UEL!

Congrats on the new job!! Looks a pretty good squad - great chance to boost your reputation ready for a big job, even if you're not getting much more money right now. Have you got much of a budget to work with?

Sure is Nnicod, totally forgot about Europe to be honest. My Champions League debut awaits!

Cheers Mercurial, It's seriously almost setup so well here that it would be harder to fail. I wouldn't put it past me though. I did have a budget just under £30 million....its long gone now though.

Cbru.png

Having joined with the season already under-way, my moves in the transfer window where hardly going to be ground breaking but that's not to say I didn't do anything in my first transfer window outside of England.

Tran24-OUT_1.png

Just two departures from by brief spell at the club.

Goalkeeper Yanick Van Osch has held the fort for Club Brugge with ease over the years but a big money transfer from the might of Inter Milan soon had the Dutchman on his way to Serie A and a chance to really test himself. Joining him out the club is fellow Dutch player, Sandy Walsh. The defender makes a return to Ajax following a disappointing spell just across the border.

With two spaces to fill and time quickly running out I jumped into action...

Tran24-IN.png

Tran24-a.png

Cost: £4.1 million

There are going to many things that catch me off guard abroad. One of those quickly slapped in the face in the shape of a home-grown player rule for the Juliper Pro League. Needing to name atleast six players trained in the country for three years before their Twenty-first country, I quickly made moves to bolster our ranks with former Sint-Truiden trainee, Ramaekers returning to his home country from Turkey to add some depth to our back line.

Tran24-b.png

Cost: £22 million

I was still short on Home-Grown players and its fair to say I panicked. Smashing Club Brugges transfer record and matching my own personal one at the same time, I make a huge move to bring Jean-Jacques Richard back home from Serie A. Billed as the next Courtois, Richard will hopefully develop into a world class stopper for the club.

Just a few days into my tenure and I've already set the benchmark.

Splashing the cash on two home-grown players, including an absolutely ridiculous transfer for a Twenty-One year old goalkeeper. Its safe to say I've set about my time in Belgium in style.

No time wasted.

August 2024

Aug24-z.png

4th August 2024
Juliper Pro League

Aug24-a.png

My time in Belgium gets off to a flying start as my Brazilian striker, Felype bags a first-half brace to ease any pre-match nerves and ensure that the reign of Clu Brugge at the top of the table looks set to continue, despite the arrival of one of the least successful managers in the game today. This has got off to what will hopefully continue to be a smooth start.

11th August 2024
Juliper Pro League

Aug24-b.png

And it just gets better. Another brace for Felype as he proves just how crucial he will be to any future success but the key striker is just one of many as the boys go wild. With six goals smashed home against what should have been one of the leagues strongest sides, the club sends a strong message to anyone brave enough to try and compete against us.

14th August 2024
Juliper Pro League

Aug24-c.png

Anderlecht have struggled of late, with Club Brugge quickly becoming the leagues strongest team, however a nil-nil draw went someway to proving that the Paars Wit are on their way back to the top. With the club seemingly in a free-scoring mode before this game its certainly a worrying sign for an unproven English manager hoping for an easy ride to the top.

18th August 2024
Juliper Pro League

Aug24-d.png

Well this wasn't supposed to happen. Most of you will probably not have heard of Waasland-Beveren. I certainly had not until now but I am more then familiar with the small club from the North of Belgium. A one goal defeat condemned us to my first defeat in the country. With the club losing just twice last year this result is not to be taken lightly.

24th August 2024
Juliper Pro League

Aug24-e.png

That's more like it. Croatian prodigy, Drazen Petrak takes matters into his own hands, as he quickly leads the club back to winning ways with a five goal demolition job of the respectable, Lokeren. When this midfield hits it stride their really is no stopping them at this level. Just need to keep them in this fine form and everything will be A-okay.

31st August 2024
Juliper Pro League

Aug24-f.png

AA Gent are one of the main rivals for our title this season and the Buffalos certainly put one **** of an effort into making sure we would taken notice. A dominant performance saw them shoot into the lead before the club finally burst into life with just ten minutes remaining. A quick-fire comeback helped maintain mine and the clubs credibility in the league.

August 2024
Juliper Pro League

Aug24.png

Seven games down and I've already lost the top spot to surprise package Sint-Truiden. With plenty of the season remaining and the club certainly proving that they have what it takes to dominate this league already, their is little to panic about just yet however the Juliper Pro League is not the only thing for me to worry about. The Champions League approaches...

CL24Group.png

With the club qualifying automatically for the group stage through no effort of my own, it falls to me to hold up the clubs reputation in a relative tough group draw. Isreali side, Maccabi Tel-Aviv should prove to be the groups whipping boys, with Schalke and French giants Paris St Germain certain to provide a huge challenge for the Blue and Black of Brugge.

Nice move! This is your chance to get the attention of the big paying teams.

Thanks Raar, Taking over as the best club in the Country should give me the kind of advantage I desperately need.

Cheers Deathball. I sure hope so. Need to make the most of the continental competitions.

September 2024

Sep24-z.png

13th September 2024
Juliper Pro League

Sep24-a.png

Looks like we are not set to overthrow Sint Truiden any time soon. A goal less draw with Oostende saw our attacking play prove fruitless, with the minnows defending admirably against wave after wave of attacks. Somehow I don't think Been is going to need to worry about his legacy being obscured anytime soon.

18th September 2024
Champions League - Group E

CL24-a.png

My debut in the Champions League is upon us. My entire career has built up to this one moment and boy was it worth the wait. Tel-Aviv proved to be more a threat then first assumed as the jumped into the lead but my in form Brazilian striker, Felype was certainly not going to let points slip at this early stage, clawing us back to a hard-earned victory.

21st September 2024
Juliper Pro League

Sep24-b.png

Back in the league and Felype continues his run of goal scoring with the opener before Mouscron-Peruwelz gifted us with an easy route to the points with a clumsy challenge in the box that resulted in a straight red and a quickly converted penalty from our Portuguese winger, Toze.

24th September 2024
Croky Cup - 6th Round

CC24-a.png

The Croky Cup has been Brugge's for years now and in my first outing in the competition I very nearly ended the run before I even had a chance. Lowly Antwerp pushed us all the way, with another red card and Toze winner deep into extra time eventually proving just enough to see us through. It seems my good fortune in the cups has followed me to Belgium.

28th September 2024
Juliper Pro League

Sep24-c.png

Having scraped our way through to the next round of the Croky Cup we repeated the feat in the next league game, with Trezeguet this time saving our skin with just seconds the spare. KV Melchen should not have proven such a challenge for us in the league but it seems I've still not got to grips with my tactics.

September 2024
Juliper Pro League

Sep24.png

Sint Truiden have gone from being midly annoying to an outright threat. With ten games already done and dusted, the pre-season minnows now seem determined to take advantage of the most recent upheaval at Club Brugge and cling firmly on to their spot at the top for grim life. Challenge accepted.

September 2024

Sep24CL.png

We are top of the group! Admittedly we played just one solitary game...against the group minnows but non the less we sit just ahead of Schalke who pulled off an upset picking up a solid victory over the might of Paris St Germain. The French side have invested heavily in their squad but still seem woeful when it comes down to proving their ability when it matters.

October 2024​

Oct24-z.png

1st October 2024

CL24-b.png

Having taken advantage of a slow starting Paris St Germain, it seemed Schalke would have been eager to enforce their early advantage but the German side seemed to take victory for granted at the Club Brugge Stadium following an opening goal within just two minutes but a well converted corner, saw new arrival Ramaekers reclaim a point.

5th October 2024
Juliper Pro League

Oct24-a.png

Back to the all important league and its a dominating performance from the title holders as we cruise into a comfortable lead after just ten minutes with defender Engels, marking his return from injury with a game ending header just before the break, shattering Charlerois resolve and keeping the pressure ramped up on plucky Sint-Truiden.

22nd October 2024

CL24-c.png

Paris have acted quickly to make up for their sloppy start to the group and the French champions wasted little time in continuing their resurgent push to the top. A goal with just seven minutes from time gave us a brief hint of taking something from the game but Italian finisher, Parenti had already done enough damage to secure the victory.

27th October 2024
Juliper Pro League

Oct24-b.png

With the boys just about recovering from their impressive efforts in the Champions League, we return to action on the home front and are quickly given a rude awakening as Liege smash home a goal within just ten minutes. With an hour of the game gone it fell to Felype to get us back in the game with Ndong eventually ending our hopes of picking up all three points with a straight red card.

30th October 2024
Juliper Pro League

Oct24-c.png

With the disappointing draw behind us we have just two days to recover for a potentially tough game against an out of sorts KRC Genk. With Genk fully expected to be in the running for the title, the mid-table side are reeling from a disappointing start and a goal just minutes after the opening whistle quickly compiled their misery.

October 2024
Juliper Pro League
Oct24.png

Sint-Truiden are flying. With a two point lead over us and some of the finest form in the league we are in for a tough fight for the title and things are certainly about to get harder as Anderlecht make their long awaited return to the title race. With a game in hand we can just about keep them at bay but any slips are certain to be punished. This is not as easy as I thought.

October 2024

Oct24CL.png

With half the group now done and dusted, we have done well to remain in the running for a potentially surprising spot in the next round. Rather predictably for now though we remain behind both Paris St Germain and Schalke in our quest for the next round but with a small dose of good fortune we could pull this off.

November 2024​

Nov24-z.png

2nd November 2024
Juliper Pro League

Nov24-a.png

Zulte Waregem are just outside the race for the European spots but a four goal defeat soon demonstrated the gulf in class between the two squads. Influential play-maker Drazen Petrak led the charge with another two goals added to his already impressive tally with fellow midfielders, Toze and Castellano both adding to the one-way traffic.

6th November 2024

CL24-d.png

Back to back games against the French giants in the Champions League and at Parc des Princes we are quickly put to the sword. Having nearly slipped up at The Club Brugge Stadium, Paris St Germain seemed determined not to take any chances this time around as they cruised to a comfortable victory.

9th November 2024
Juliper Pro League

Nov24-b.png

The battle of the title contenders has come about and the Black and Blues certainly made no mistake in enforcing themselves upon the division as we cruise to a Toze inspired victory. Central midfield enforcer Ndong also added to the scoreline to ensure a much needed victory but it certainly came at some cost...

Nov24-9th.png

22nd November 2024
Juliper Pro League

Nov24-c.png

Without or all important play-making Croatian, we struggled to break down KV Kortrijk as we throw away our lead from the previous game by struggling to a goal-less draw in front of a frustrated home crowd. With last seasons title winning side, drawing just seven times on their way to the title, I've got a long way to go before I can claim to have replaced the mighty Mario Been.

26th November 2024

CL24-e.png

With Paris St Germain giving us a humbling defeat in our previous Champions League game, it was a welcome relief to welcome point-less Maccabi Tel-Aviv to our stadium and we quickly took advantage of the Isrealis poor standing with a second half victory putting us back in with a narrow chance of qualifying from the group.

30th November 2024
Juliper Pro League

Nov24-d.png

Standard should be doing far better then they currently are but the former ten time winners of the league seem a shadow of their former selves with another narrow one goal victory, pushing them yet further into the mire. A relegation dog fight beckons for the fallen Belgian giants.

November 2024
Juliper Pro League

Nov24.png

That's more like it. Having finally got our hands on the plucky up starts Sint-Truiden, we leap frog them into the lead and quickly go about building up a four point gap. On top of our recent success, it seems Anderlechts return to glory was short lived, losing every game this month and sliding straight out of the top five.

November 2024

Nov24CL.png

With one game remaining our fate is unfortunately no longer in our hands. On top of having to rely on win-less Tel-Aviv beating the might of France, we also need to pick up victory over the already qualified Schalke. It looks like we're heading for the Europa League unless we get some kind of footballing miracle.

December 2024

Dec24-z.png

4th December 2024

CL24-f.png

The final game of the group stage and we save our best for last. Having qualified already, it could be said that Schalkes heart wasn't exactly in this game but non the less an impressive result for Club Brugge, as substitute Musonda makes an instant impact from the bench to fire home the only goal of the game. We have done all we can try and progress.

7th December 2024
Juliper Pro League

Dec24-a.png

Back to the Juliper Pro League and our Champions League victory is soon forgotten following a disappointing defeat to former rivals, Anderlecht. Following a horror show of a month in November, Anderlecht are desperate to make up some lost ground and an unfortunate own goal for record signing, Richard gave them a much needed boost,

11th December 2024
Croky Cup - 7th Round

CC24-b.png

The Croky Cup seems to be my easiest route to a trophy and we make steady progress with a three minute spell of domination just quarter of an hour into the game. Midfield duo, Petrak and Castellano both combine to send us past Standard with ease. Nothing can stop me from claiming a trophy now!

15th December 2024
Juliper Pro League

Dec24-b.png

With the Anderlecht result fresh in our minds we head into the next league game eager to restore our pride. Fortunatley with both of our two in-form players getting themselves on the score-sheet we secure the victory with ease. Hopefully that Anderlecht result will continue to invigorate the squad.

19th December 2024
Croky Cup - Quarter Final

CC24-c.png

Having waited an age for the Croky Cup, two games come along in quick succession and we suddenly find ourselves in the Semi-Final. A late penalty however was the only thing that could separate us from Charleroi with Castellano holding his nerve to fire home a clinical spot kick in front of the booing home crowd.

22nd December 2024
Juliper Pro League

Dec24-c.png

We once again leave it until the second half to secure victory but with another goal for Petrak and a superb individual goal from right winger Trezeguet we ****** up another three points with relative ease. With the points rolling in our grip on the title grows ever stronger.

26th December 2024
Juliper Pro League

Dec24-d.png

..Or maybe not. With things seemingly back on track from the rare defeat earlier in the month, a high flying AA Gent ensure that we don't get too far ahead of ourselves, holding us to a hard earned draw. I'm know just one draw away from equaling the entire number of draws Club Brugge wracked up last season already. Instant impact.

29th December 2024
Juliper Pro League

Dec24-e.png

My first Brugge derby ends in victory as we fight back from behind to ensure bragging rights of the city. A goal within just two minutes of kickoff suggested I might be in for one **** of a rude awakening but a well converted set-piece maneuver from Engels and another Toze thunderbolt soon turned the tables.

December 2024
Juliper Pro League

Dec24.png

Despite the loss we do manage to hold on to the top spot in the league and even more positively we maintain our four point gap over the chasing pack. The only downside of an otherwise successful festive period see's Anderlecht make a return back into the top three and well into the race for the title.

December 2024

Dec24CL.png

Despite the impressive result over Schalke at the start of the month, Maccabi Tel-Aviv fail to pull off an upset as Paris St Germain romp to victory and claim the last remaining qualification spot to go with it. Despite missing out on the knockout round of the Champions League, we can take some comfort for our instant arrival in the Europa League...

EL24-1.png

Wolfsburgs awaits.

The German side have not only caused a stir in their Europa League group but they currently stand at the top of the Bundesliga, looking like a strong contender for the near complete domination of Bayern. This should be easy then. The inform efficient Germans against a English manager desperately trying to prove himself with a Brugge side worryingly used to victory.

January 2025​

Jan25-z.png

10th January 2025
Friendly

PreJan25-a.png

The new year in Belgium see's the club go through a short winter break but in order to keep the boys fresh and keen for my continued title push, I still put them through their paces with a quick friendly against minnows Coxyde. In ruthless fashion our two key players continue their impressive form guiding the team to a comfortable win.

13th January 2025
Engels Testimonial

PreJan25-b.png

Rounding off the brief winter holiday comes a testimonial game for long serving defender Bjorn Engels. A Club Brugge player for the entire length of his career, he practically bleeds black and blue and the boys certainly showed their respects with another comfortable victory against Polish side, Legia Warszawa.

19th January 2025
Juliper Pro League

Jan25-a.png

And with that we are back to action. Having frustrated us earlier in the season Oostende do the double with an inspired display at the Club Brugge stadium. Having shot into a two goal lead it seemed I was about to watch the club fall short of Been's impressive record last season with a third loss of the season but Brazilian finisher smashed home two quickfire goals to recover a point.

25th January 2025
Juliper Pro League

Jan25-b.png

With a sluggish draw, the boys seemed to be slow off the mark following the new year break but a clinical one goal victory at least showed some signs of the team returning to winning ways. Rarely used midfielder Castellano took advantage of a rare start to score the only winner of the game. It feels good having talent in depth.

January 2025
Juliper Pro League

Jan25.png

That one draw proves costly as the seemingly unflappable Sint-Truiden bring the gap down to just two points. With the plucky club intent on apparently ruining my debut in the nation, i can at least take some solace in the fact that Anderlecht have once again bottled it. A ten point gap now stands between us and the long forgotten champions.

February 2025

Feb25-z.png

1st February 2025
Juliper Pro League

Feb25-a.png

With the tiny but determined Sint-Truiden hot on our heels any slip ups are sure to be punished but the boys seem determined to see this season out. A four goal demolition KV Melchen keeps us in the lead and continues to showcase the impressive talents of Felype. The guy has certainly made my honey-period at the club an easy one.

4th February 2025
Croky Cup - Semi Final - Leg 1

CC24-d.png

The Croky Cup is back and with it comes my crazed desire for Silverware. Cross-town rivals, Cercle Crugg stand between us and the final and it seems they're not about to let an opportunity at humiliating their rivals pass them by as they hold us to a convincing draw at the Club Brugge Stadium.

9th February 2025
Juliper Pro League

Feb25-b.png

With my cup form seemingly reverting back to the same as it was in my home country, I returned to the league eager to ensure that I at least end this season with some kind of trophy. A two goal victory including yet another goal from the apparently lethal Felype helps me put one hand on the league title.

13th February 2025
Europa League - 1st Knockout - Leg 1

EL24-a.png

The Europa League is here. Having had a dabble in the competition with the Foxes before being unceremoniously sacked, I'm keen on making a strong impression upon Europes second biggest club competition but the might of the table topping Bundesliga side, Wolfsburg proved too much for the boys as a sloppy penalty proves costly in the first leg.

16th February 2025
Juliper Pro League

Feb25-c.png

The Europa League might not quite be going to plan but a return to the Juliper Pro League soon has us back to winning ways as a dominant second half performance has us cruise to victory over mid-table KRC Genk. With the club seemingly back to their unstoppable ways in the league we could have the title wrapped up before long.

20th February 2025
Europa League - 1st Knockout - Leg 2

EL24-b.png

Heads were hanging low before kick-off as the defensive brick wall that is Wolfsburg arrived at the Club Brugge Stadium but in one of the most impressive displays of the season we proved our might to the rest of the continent with a first half victory that saw us overthrow Wolfsburgs narrow lead and force our way into the next round. Time to see who we're going to face...

EL24-2.png

Not bad.

Italian side, Torino are by means to be taken lightly but with both Manchester United and Real Madrid in this years competition we certainly have been given a favorable draw.

23rd February 2025
Juliper Pro League

Feb25-d.png

Back to normality in the league and a two goal win has us eventually break down bottom of the table Liege. The seemingly doomed side, certainly proved harder to break down then expected but with exciting winger, Dembele eventually crafting a route to goal we eventually claimed the expected victory.

26th February 2025
Croky Cup - Semi Final - Leg 2

CC24-e.png

February has been one **** of a busy month but keeping our European success, league title and cup challenge all in balance apparently comes naturally to this group of players as a brace from Felype has us narrowly sneak past our bitter rivals and into my first ever cup final. The wait is almost over!

February 2025
Juliper Pro League

Feb25.png

Sint-Truiden have finally broken. The dream is finally over as a horrific month see's the club fall a massive eleven points behind. With the season just weeks away from ending this surely means that I am set to claim my first ever top-flight title. I should have moved abroad sooner!

great season so far. Belgium agrees for you. What were the boards expectations in Europe?

Good luck with the finish

Best story going on here. Awesome stuff, just powered through the whole lot

Back