The Football Managing Mercenary

• Thread starter Thread starter DerbyJack
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 749
  • Views Views 419K

Still haven't quite mastered that balance quite yet. Last time I enjoyed a European Cup run, I got sacked by Leicester. Good Omen.

November 2025

Nov25-z.png

1st November 2025
Juliper Pro League

Nov25-a.png

Standard are the most crest fallen club not just in little old Belgium but potentially the entire continent. The former table toppers have slipped to the opposite end of the table now sitting in the Juliper Pro Leagues sole relegation spot. A two goal victory went someway to ensure that our own mini collapse was at least postponed for the time being.

5th November 2025
Champions League - Group H

CL25-d.png

Having pulled off a shock victory over the might of Sporting, we made the trip to Lisbon brimming with confidence but it seems our fortunate victory only served to spur the group favorites on. With the damage done in the first half, a small come-back in the second half only served to help us return to Belgium with some dignity.

8th November 2025
Juliper Pro League

Nov25-b.png

Sint-Truiden remain towards the top of the table but seem a shadow of their former selves as they sit frustrated and distanced in third place. A one all draw however certainly showed us that last season over-achievers are still certainly not to be messed with. Our title race just slipped up once more...

22nd November 2025
Juliper Pro League

Nov25-c.png

...And more damage is done. Genk are certainly not to be underestimated but sitting just below Sint-Truiden we sure could have done with showcasing our title credentials but instead merely fell to a one goal defeat with another wasteful display in front of goal costing us dearly.

25th November 2025

CL25-e.png

The penultimate game of our Champions League campaign see's us once more up against our cross-border rivals, Ajax with the Belgians making the short journey home in style on the back of a convincing four goal victory. With a sensational four goal thrashing we all but confirm our place in the next round of the competition.

30th November 2025
Juliper Pro League

Nov25-d.png

With things in the Champions League going surprisingly well, it's time we set about repairing what has thus far been a rather sloppy start to our domestic campaign. A narrow victory over European chasing Charleroi, saw Felype finally make a return to the score sheet and certainly kept us at least in the running for the time being.

November 2025
Juliper Pro League

Nov25.png

Gent are looking firmly in command. With a game in hand following their own successful run in the Europa League and with a three point lead over us, it seems that it is going to take one **** of an effort to over throw the pretenders to our crown. Missing out on the title in my second season at the club would certainly be a worrying result.

November 2025

Nov25CL.png

Despite the disappointing loss we still sit at the top of the table. Just. With our goal difference keeping us out of harms reach and Sporting now needing to pull off an absolute thrashing against a worrying poor Ajax our destiny remains very much in our own hands...Perhaps the Juliper Pro League can wait.

December 2025​

Dec25-z.png

3rd December 2025
Croky Cup - 7th Round

CC25-b.png

The month kicks off with another giant step forward in my quest to finally nab some cup silverware. Once again Ndong saves his best up for one game as he unleashes a second half brace to see off Waasland-Beveren. With the squad seemingly saving some of their best performances for the cup competitions it seemed that my cup dream was well on course.

6th December 2025
Juliper Pro League

Dec25-a.png

Back to the league and once again the boys are a far cry for their formidable best. A hard-earned goal just past the hour mark was just enough to get us past the club struggling in the bottom half of the table. I need to work out just why the boys are struggling in the league and fast.

10th December 2025

CL25-f.png

Needing just a draw to ensure our place and not to humiliate ourselves to realistically make it into the next round, we pulled off one **** of a performance to make sure of our opportunity in Europe's biggest club competition. With the club seemingly thriving under the pressure of the cups its hard to try and focus on solving our league troubles.

13th December 2025
Juliper Pro League

Dec25-b.png

Well that's one way to make sure the Juliper Pro League is reminded of our dominating potential. Rivals Cercle Brugge are once again humiliated in the town as we romp to a four goal victory that saw the club ensure Brugge remains Black and Blue. So there's nothing to worry about then?

16th December 2025
Croky Cup - Quarter Final

CC25-c.png

...Maybe not. I'm sure that I might be cursed in cup competitions. With the hard work done in the previous rounds a tie against a low standing Liege should have gifted us with an easy route to the semi final and then a long awaited chance at finally lifting some all important silverware. It's just never that simple.

19th December 2025
Juliper Pro League

Dec25-c.png

With the entire team seemingly still in shock from our unexpected early exit from the Croky Cup we went back into our league campaign with grim determination. With the League now our only realistic route to silverware you would have thought the boys would have been more determined for the fight. A one all draw soon said otherwise.

26th December 2025
Juliper Pro League

Dec25-d.png

Following a weak run up to Christmas we do emerge from the festive period with a return to winning ways and a two goal victory over KV Melchen. Having ruined my cup hopes last season, I have developed somewhat of a personal grudge against our fellow top flight side. At least I can cling on to this result as some form of revenge.

December 2025
Juliper Pro League

Dec25.png

With a busy month of cup football, AA Gent have now caught back up to us as we head into the mid-season break and boy have they made the most of the opportunity. A huge eight point difference now separates us from the seemingly rampant Buffalos. With such a commanding lead the split into the Championship Group could be our only real option at catching them up. Nervy times in Belgium.

December 2025

Dec25CL.png

In stark contrast our Champions League group was made to look easy as we casually stroll into the next round of the competition at the head of the group. With the Dutch and Portugese champions both knocked out of the competition early, we alongside Schalke have truly deserved our place in the next stage...

CL25-1.png

...Our reward for smashing our way into the next round certainly wasn't a small one.

Bundesliga giants, Dortmund await us in the next round of the competition, having been constant runners up to both Bayern Munich and now Schalke in Germany, the Yellow Army seem determined to make a long awaited breakthrough in the most impressive of styles. This won't be easy.

Last edited:
Interesting that Sporting was originally the biggest challenge yet both them and Ajax didn't show!

A bit worrying about that 8 point lead Ghent has though, hopefully they hit a rough patch?

8points is a big gap but plenty of games, not seen AA Gents fixtures but it could be that they have had the easier half of the season.. potentially difficult games to come?

Shame about the cup run but champions league can compensate for that!

Certainly took them and myself by surprise it seems. Wasn't expecting anything other then a quick exit and a hopeful spot in the Europa League. The gap is certainly daunting.

The gap would normally be unbridgeable especially given Gents incredible form but with the total points being halved for the final stage of the season, its not a complete disaster. I'm just totally useless at cup competitions.

Thanks Gents.

Sorry for the delay again. Work life got in the way!

January 2026

Jan26-z.png

7th January 2026
Friendly

PreJan26-a.png

Previously my brief ventures across the border into Holland have seen the club pull off some impressive results, Heerenveen however had other ideas. A three goal thrashing was far from the most positive way to start a short mid-season set of friendlies. A humbling result certainly raised some unwanted questions of my defence.

12th January 2026
Friendly

PreJan26-b.png

With my morale in need of a much needed boost following the clubs humiliation in The Netherlands and our eight point gap between us and leaders AA Gent in the league, we turned to familiar faces Coxyde. Much like we did in the pre-season fixtures we jumped at the opportunity to showcase our skills against the Belgian minnows with a comfortable victory.

17th January 2026
Juliper Pro League

Jan26-a.png

Back to the league and we jump start our second half of the season with a spirited two goal victory over Westerlo. The rarely used Blanco certainly knows how to make a quick impression as another return to the starting lineup see's him quickly make his way onto the scoresheet, with the ever reliable Ndong sealing the deal. The chase is on...

25th January 2026
Juliper Pro League

Jan26-b.png

...and its quickly over again. We simply cannot afford to drop points given our precarious position behind the unstoppable AA Gent. With the club seemingly unable to string together any meaningful form to reclaim the title it seems our one last hope comes down to the Juliper Pro League's Champions Group Split. With the total points halved we might just have a chance.

31st January 2026
Juliper Pro League

Jan26-c.png

Despite our fate seemingly being out of our hands with two months of normal league football still remaining, we did still manage to make the time to put two second half-goals past a crest-fallen Anderlecht. What little fight the former Champions had, is seemingly fading at a rapid rate. Just two seasons into my time at Belgium and the clubs title threat has all but disappeared.

January 2026
Juliper Pro League

Jan26.png

Despite dropping the points we do manage to bring the intimidating gap down to a potentially plausible six points. With Gent picking up two draws this month the club have hardly shown a real sign of weakness but any kind of ***** in their armor is a welcome sign to the Black and Blue of Brugge.

February 2026​

Feb26-z.png

8th February 2026
Juliper Pro League

Feb26-a.png

Lokeren much like Anderlecht are a shadow of their former selves but the club now battling towards the foot of the table certainly made us work for the all important points, with the unflappable winger, Dembele eventually making the difference just six minutes from time with a clinical half volley from the edge of the box.

14th February 2026
Juliper Pro League

Feb26-b.png

A potential title decider between the table topping AA Gent and the former title holders, proves to be an absolute classic. In on the Juliper Pro League's highest ever scoring games, both clubs threw caution into the wind in their attempts at snatching the vitally important three points with Brugge eventually lucky to come away with a point thanks to Trezeguets late equalizer.

22nd February 2026
Juliper Pro League

Feb26-c.png

On the back of the thrilling draw against Gent we go up against the ever tricky Oostende. The plucky club are certainly not to be underestimated in the league but another goal for the determined Blanco ensured that we would reach the final whistle without suffering any potential upset.

25th February 2026
Champions League - 1st Knockout Rough - Leg 1

CL25-g.png

First blood to the Germans. In the battle between the Black and Yellows and the Black and Blues it was the home crowd in the formidable Westfalenstadion that would end the day on a high as an efficient performance saw the club sail into a comfortable two goal lead. Despite the near total domination, we did however manage to sneak what could prove to be a crucial away goal against the run of play.

February 2026
Juliper Pro League

Feb26.png

Another month and once again the gap comes crumbling down. With the boys in fairly good form we finally seem to be seeing some real dents in Gents title hopes. A rare loss at the start of the month could certainly prove costly for the Buffalos, we are most definitely back in the race.

Nice! That vastly superior goal difference could be a deciding factor by the end!

I hope so ejldude. Well actually I hope it doesn't come to that but at this rate its certainly going to be down to the wire. Thanks!

March 2026

Mar26-z.png

1st March 2026
Juliper Pro League

Mar26-a.png

With just three games left until the division splits in two, every single point matters at this stage as we look to make some last minute attempts at bridging the slim gap between us and AA Gent. A three goal victory courtesy of two of our seasons impressive stars ensures we keep the pressure high on Gent.

7th March 2026
Juliper Pro League

Mar26-b.png

Standards long term status as a one of Belgians top flight clubs now stands precariously on the edge. Despite both teams seemingly battling at opposite ends of the table, it didn't stop us from being made to work for the victory as Argentinian midfielder Castellano forced a breakthrough with a long range pile-driver.

17th March 2026
Champions League - 1st Knockout Round - Leg 2

CL25-h.png

With an away goal and home advantage behind us we welcome Dortmund to Brugge with hopes of pulling off a narrow victory to continue our Champions League dream, however the ruthless Bundesliga giants certainly put an end to those thoughts as they snatched a second half victory to secure their progress....All Eyes back onto the league.

25th March 2026
Juliper Pro League

Mar26-c.png

The final game of the season proper and we round it off with our third successive victory of the month. The disappointment of the Champions League certainly didn't dent the spirits of our newly determined squad. With Blancos heroics getting us back into the title race, the returning Felype ensured he was not to be forgotten with a game winning brace.

March 2026
Juliper Pro League

Mar26.png

The season comes to its premature close with Gents once supreme lead now reduced to just one solitary point. One thing to remember about the Juliper Pro League is it has a strange split to end the season. The top six teams will now all play each other twice with all points accumulated previously halved. Time to pip the Buffalos to the post.

28th March 2026
Juliper Pro League - Championship Group

Mar26-d.png

Having just seen them off in the previous game, we are thrown up against last-seasons runner ups, Sint-Truiden for the second time in a row and our hopes of making an instant impact in the Championship Group are delt a hefty blow. A one all draw ensures Gent remain on top for as we head into the penultimate month...

March 2026

Mar26CG.png

...but only just. The Juliper Pro League is a relatively random football league, with its own League Split, bizarre points system and now the complete disregard of goal difference. Truth be told I have no idea why Gent remain above us but I'm certainly determined to ensure they don't remain there for long.

April 2026​

Apr26-z.png

1st April 2026

Apr26-a.png

The opportunity we needed to overthrow Gent at our own stadium passed us by without so much as a sniff on goal with both teams either too nervous or under too much pressure to showcase their claim for the title. A lifeless game, leaves the title still very much up for grabs.

4th April 2026

Apr26-b.png

Sneaking into the Championship Group, Anderlecht have hardly lit the league on fire with their performances of late but a side devoid of confidence and a fan-base crying out for a return to former glories, almost had something to cheer about had it not been for Dembele's goal. A fine solo effort proved to be the only highlight of a game dominated by purple shirts.

12th April 2026

Apr26-c.png

Waasland-Beveren are never easy to predict and the club once again made sure they would not be underestimated again. With Gent and ourselves tied on points, another goal-less draw at the Club Brugge Stadium could prove to be extremely costly. With a half decade long spell of dominance on the line, it would have been nice to see some fight from the boys.

15th April 2026

Apr26-d.png

Sint-Truidens title hopes must seem like long distant memories but the plucky little club never know when to admit defeat. A one all draw between us, will not put them back into the running for a historic title but it certainly might have had a huge repercussion on our own.

22nd April 2026

Apr26-e.png

KRC Genk lie in a distant third place position and will be ruing the fact that they missed out on what has been one of the most wide open seasons for years. On the back of two draws, the boys needed to respond and a well placed finish from bruising midfielder Ndong ensured we would add a much needed three points to our tally.

26th April 2026

Apr26-f.png

In a frantic month we are soon back into action against the current leaders, with the nil-nil draw at the start of it now seemingly long forgotten. Our Argentinian duo of Blanco and Castellano combined to squeeze us past the impressive Buffalos as we claim what could prove to be a title winning victory in Gent.

29th April 2026

Apr26-g.png

Just when things seemed to be going our way out pop Waasland-Beveren once more to throw a spanner in the works. I don't know what it is about this club but they seemingly always managed to find someway of causing us all kinds of problems. A superb defensive performance from the club almost saw us throw away all the points before the ever determined Blanco fired home a clinical penalty in the final moments of the game.

April 2026

Apr26CG.png

Back where we belong. For now. We scrape through an incredibly busy month, unbeaten but certainly a far cry from our dominant potential, with an all important victory over Gent putting us back to the top with just one short month remaining. Just the small matter of seeing the job through. No pressure boys. Just five years of work on the line...

May 2026

May26-z.png

9th May 2026

May26-a.png

Needing to simply win our final two games of the season to retain the title, Anderlecht arrive at the Club Brugge Stadium seemingly determined to ruin the party. Another goal-less draw once again throws our hopes into danger, with Gent now gifted a route back to the top of the table. With one game remaining we can only hope to make amends...

23rd May 2026

May26-b.png

...Or you know. Just draw again. With the Championship Group presenting us with the perfect opportunity to make up for a sloppy season for the reigning title holders, I was hoping for some truly emphatic performances from the boys, in the end we round off the group stage with no less then seven draws, somehow though it proved to be just enough...
May26-23rd.png

May 2026

May26CG2.png

I'll take it.

With the title all but handed to Gent thanks to our inability to find the back of the net, it seemed my honeymoon period in Belgium was about to come to a humiliating end, however the Buffalos seemed to completely collapse under the pressure. With Gent collapsing in apparent panic, we stumbled our way to the title.

When I saw all those draws in this and previous post I thought you had lost the league. What a nice surprise to see you won it. :D

Who did Gent lose to in their final two games? Good job recovering from that earlier deficit, the solid defence clearly won it for you! :)

Should have probably lost it Deathball to be honest. Not sure how we managed to even be in the running given our mountain of draws. Thanks for the support!

I owe the title to Oostende and KV Kortrijk. On any other day Gent would have walked over these two. They really bottled it. Thanks Mercurial!

Two season into my three year contract and another top flight title is added to my collection.

The top three earners must be quaking in their luxurious and expensive boots.

[TABLE="class: cms_table_cms_table_cms_table_cms_table_cms_table_cms_table_cms_table_cms_table_cms_table_cms_table_cms_table, width: 800, align: center"]
[TR]
[TD]
Man15.png
[/TD]
[TD]
Man13.png
[/TD]
[TD]
Man14.png
[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]JF Hasselbaink[/TD]
[TD]Diego Simeone[/TD]
[TD]Roberto Martinez[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]Manchester City[/TD]
[TD]Chelsea[/TD]
[TD]Manchester United[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]£93,000 per week[/TD]
[TD]£91,000 per week[/TD]
[TD]£91,000 per week[/TD]
[/TR]
[/TABLE]

The highest earning manager in football, Jimmy Floyd-Hasselbaink certainly has made his mark at Manchester City and not just in terms of making a small dent in their vast riches. A Europa League title was joined by a Capital One Cup trophy and a promising third place finish in the league. Not a bad start by any means.

For Diego Simeone it was for once a season of disappointment. Finishing runner up in the Premier League and narrowly missing out on the all important Champions League trophy in the final for the third successive season in a row. It seems I'm not only one carrying a cup curse.
Meanwhile for the Spaniard who has taken the footballing world by surprise, he finally tasted the bitter taste of disappointment at Old Trafford. A fourth place finish, disastorous Champions League campaign and no end of failures in the domestic cups suddenly shone the spotlight back on the former Everton manager.

[TABLE="class: cms_table_cms_table_cms_table_cms_table_cms_table_cms_table, width: 265, align: center"]
[TR]
[TD]
Man0.png
[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]Derby Jack[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]Club Brugge[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]£20,500 per week[/TD]
[/TR]
[/TABLE]

In Belgium I remain once again locked on the same wage I have had for almost half a decade....Progress.

Despite my failures to close any distance on the Premier League's big earners I at least added another Juliper Pro League title to my painfully small collection, with a SuperCup trophy also sitting pretty in my rather dusty cabinet and it seems my recent success has not gone unnoticed.
2526-1.png

London is calling.

My recent exit from my home country could soon be over before I've even made a strong foothold in the continent.

Queens Park Rangers have developed into top half regulars in the Premier League following some impressive managerial work from French legend Zinedine Zidane. In recent times The "R"s have been sliding back into mid-table obscurity, apparently a manager gifted with two Juliper Pro League titles is the man to potentially stop the slide. Desperate times.

Thanks alot Iwabik!

Not going to lie Nnicod, I wouldn't really relish moving back to the Premier League so soon. My wounds have only just healed.

Cbru.png

With the previous season almost bringing an end to Club Brugge's dominance of their home country, we head into the pre-season transfer window eager to ensure that the clubs grip on the title is strengthened.

With a young team strung together with a handful of star players, there is certainly now some room for some improvement.

It's time to show the Juliper Pro League just what I can do in a window.

Tran26-OUT.png

A busy transfer window saw the space well and truly cleared to bring in some new talent., however not all the departures went according to plan.

Last seasons big money signing, Jimmy Kerkhof thrived in his home nation putting on defensive masterclasses from right-back. Unfortunately the former Atletico players fine form attracted the attention of Europe's finest with Diego Simeone splashing the clash to bring in one of his former prodigy's.

Joining Jimmy through the exit was our Russian play-maker, Andrey Komarov. A crucial player to our squad, as one of our main links between midfield and attack, Komarovs departure to Spanish behemoths, Barcelona will leave the massive dent in the squad. Fortunately eighteen million pounds should just about fill the hole nicely.

Following our star-bound duo out the door was one of last seasons key performers.

Gaston Blanco turned our season around as we headed towards the league split with Gent holding a seemingly unstoppable lead. The Argentine striker certainly made a name for himself with the Black and Blue faithful but as second string striker to Felype, he jumped at the opportunity for a well deserved starting point with Italians, Torino.

Tran26-IN.png

Tran26-a.png
Cost: Free

First arrival of the window see's us reach from some European experience in the shape of Swiss superstar Shaqiri. The former Bayern player, impressed following his shock transfer to Stoke City, earning a move to Klopp's Liverpool. Seven season of solid football at Anfield soon followed with the skillful midfielder coming to Belgium to round off his impressive career.

Tran26-b.png
Cost: £2.4 million

Finding defenders seems to always be a bit of a lottery through-out my entire career. Quality centre-backs seems to be almost as over priced and sought after as young English players, however Dortmunds, experienced defender, Benedikt Gimber could hopefully break the mold. A bargain signing for Brugge, the strong tackler could hopefully aid our already tight defence.<

Tran26-c.png

A product of Arsenals academy, Guillermo made a huge impact in his first season of first team football whilst on loan with Cardiff, netting nineteen goals in the process. Despite his efforts the Spaniard was deemed surplus to requirements at the Emirates stadium, with Brugge quickly snapping up the out of contract striker.

Tran26-d.png

Joining his compatriot, Shaqiri in the club comes fellow experienced Swiss midfielder Xhaka. Reuniting the two former Basel products in Belgium we now boast one of the most experienced and talented midfields in the entire country. They might both be well past their best but with them eager for some final success they could well make the difference this season.

Tran26-e.png
Cost: £200k

Africa has been an untapped goal mine throughout my entire career but winger Prince Gyan could well herald the start of an influx of young talent from across the Mediterranean. At just nineteen years old the right midfielder has six caps for the Black Stars first team already with a bargain signing sealing his long awaited break through into European football. 

Tran26-f.png
Cost: £2.4 million

With my on-going quest to bring home-grown talent back to their country of birth, I turned to France to find teenage sensation, Dirk Neyens. The seventeen year-old is set for a bright future in football, with his rapid pace and neat dribbling already making him stand-out for his age. A spell in our youth-team could hopefully see us develop the next Belgian superstar.

Tran26-g.png
Cost: £5.25 million

The final arrival of an incredibly busy window see's Italian right-back Colpo snatched away from the Inter Milan. The twice capped defender has grown frustrated with his lack of playing time in Italy, making himself very much available in the transfer window at a knock-down fee. A quick transfer to Belgium could hopefully get the Twenty-Three year old's career back on track.

Tran26-h.png

Cost: £600k

Romelu is home! The leading Belgian striker for nearly a decade Lukaku has grafted out an impressive career in the Premier League and the Bundesliga. Spells with Borrusia Mochengladbach, Arsenal, Manchester City and Bayern Munich saw the experienced finisher wrack up the silverware, with the bullish striker set for a swan-song in his home country to round off an impressive career.

I need a sit down.

A busy window, might have seen the club lose two of its former stars but with the arrival of two Swiss veterans, A home grown legend and a host of young talent, the club gears up for the coming season, eager to see their newly crafted squad set about reclaiming the all important Juliper Pro League title.

Good luck boys.

Last edited:

I sure hope he will. Its good to bring him back home for one last run out. Hopefully he will end his career on a high! Thanks Athers.

Preseason
2026/27

Before kicking a ball for the season and having completley forgot the fact that I had even had an interview in London as a dramatic season came to an end some unexpected but not entirley unpredicted news filtered in through the flurry of transfer activity.
2526-2.png

As I said previously, I wasn't all that thrilled at the prospect of a Premier League return after just two seasons of hiding my shame but do two Juliper Pro League trophies count for nothing?

Pre26-z.png

4th July 2026
Friendly

Pre26-a.png

The pre-season kicks off with a fairwell goal from last seasons blockbuster signing Jimmy Kerkhofs. The former Atletico right back bagged the winning goal of the game before jetting off for London himself and a place alongside former manager Diego Simeone at Stamford Bridge.

8th July 2026
Friendly

Pre26-b.png

In what has become a traditional warm-up game for the club, we roll out against Belgian minnows Coxyde and put on a midfield master-class as we cruise to a four goal victory with the entirety of our central midfielders getting a goal a piece to showcase our tried and tested Christmas Tree formation.

12th July 2026
Friendly

Pre26-c.png

With European football proving to actually be a rather welcome addition to Brugge's season we stretch our legs out for a quick jaunt into The Czech Republic for a run out against Slovan Liberec. With Dezan Petrak making the most of a rare venture into his home region of Eastern Europe with a well taken brace as part of another comfortable victory.

18th July 2026
Friendly Cup - Semi Final

Pre26-d.png

In what seemed to be a rather hastily organised Friendly Cup competition we barrel into our final run of pre-season games with a late victory over near neighbors Ajax. The Dutch Champions were humiliated by their Belgian counterparts in the Champions League two seasons ago but it seems any feelings of revenge have long been forgotten as we cruise into the final.

19th July 2026
Friendly Cup - Final

Pre26-e.png

Having knocked MLS side, Montreal Impact out in the previous game, Italian side Vicenza seemed to be in the mood to end their pre-season on a high, unfortunately new arrival Guillermo had other ideas. A superb run out for the Spaniard saw him smash home four goals as we pick up the bragging rights and a knock-off trophy to go with it.

A quick fire run of games has run into the start of the season on an impressive run of victories as our newly former team gears up for what should prove to be another testing season.

Last year saw us nearly slip up, with plenty of teams keen to pounce at any sign of weakness, a solid start to the season is going to be crucial.

July 2026

July26-z.png

16th July 2026
Supercup

SC26-a.png

Belgiums version of the Charity Shield once again gets the season underway officially and a tense game against Croky Cup winners, Genk certainly pushed the boys to the limit with a late Dembele goal securing the victory. Unfortunately the win was marred by a serious injury to club icon Bjorn Engels, with a somber dressing room set to miss their captain for the better part of a season.
SC26-1.png

SC26-2.png

26th July 2026
Juliper Pro League

July26-a.png

With the club suffering mixed emotions with their Cup victory, we head into the first game of the season with new skipper, Jordy Gaspar keen to seen the boys keep their heads. A narrow victory over Charleroi certainly got the job done with a debut goal from new signing Gimber improving the dressing room morale instantly.

July 2026
Juliper Pro League

July26.png

With just one game down and a narrow victory leading us into the season we sit just on the edge of the Champions Group split at this early stage. With the likes of AA Gent and KRC Genk getting their own season underway with solid victories, it seems we are set for a lengthy battle this time around.

Back