February 2028

Feb28-z.png

5th February 2028
Bundesliga

Feb28-a.png

Continuing to try and build upon my untested reputation in the Bundesliga the boys pull of an impressive second half fight back to claw back a point from a seemingly safe Frankfurt. Having gifted them with a two goal lead within the first twenty minutes of the game it seemed the club was about to make an immediate return to the automatic relegation spots before the encouraging fight-back.

13th February 2028
Bundesliga

Feb28-b.png

With our relegation escape essentially suspended following just one solitary point in the previous two games, we picked up a much needed victory over a mid-table Gladbach. Having shipped in nine goals in my previous games, the clinical one-goal victory courtesy of a solid defensive performance was a welcome boost to my battered back-line.

19th February 2028
Bundesliga

Feb28-c.png

On the back of the impressive victory in the previous game, it seemed we were set to make it back to back victories as two quick fire goals shot us into what should have been a commanding lead before a collapse just before the half-time whistle gifted the seemingly beaten Augsburg with a soft and unwarranted point.

27th February 2028
Bundesliga

Feb28-d.png

Despite just the one previous victory its safe to say that the month was actually going relatively well, with the boys going unbeaten in three matches until we came up against a Europe chasing Stuttgart. Despite fighting at opposite ends of the table we certainly made the match surprisingly competitive missing out thanks to a sublime second-half free-kick.

February 2028
Bundesliga

Feb28.png

With club just about managing to eek out enough points to keep our heads above water we remain in the still ever precarious relegation play-off position with Hannover and even Nurnberg keen to make the most of any opportunity that might drift their way should we slip up at any point. With just a couple of months remaining its going to be a tense time in Cologne.

March 2028

Mar28-z.png

4th March 2028
Bundesliga

Mar28-a.png

With our league status still very much up in the air after just two months in charge of the club, A match-up against Bundesliga giants Bayern Munich was hardly what I needed. Fortunately for me the former dominant force in Germany have suffered massively of late struggling to even keep up with the race for European football. A one all draw ensures Bayern remain long short of their former selves.

10th March 2028
Bundesliga

Mar28-b.png

Having snatched up a relatively fortunate point against Bayern, some much needed belief was returning to the squad in time for a crucial match against fellow strugglers, Freiburg, With the yo-yo club occupying the much craved for safety of fifteenth place. Unfortunately the previous unexpected point made no difference in this relegation six-pointer as we struggled to claim a draw.

18th March 2028
Bundesliga

Mar28-c.png

Having had one **** of a feud with Schalke whilst at the helm of Brugge, I was keen to continue my good fortune against the Bundesliga stalwarts but the table toppers wasted little time in putting me in my place in their stomping ground, with a first-half victory seeing them claim a comfortable win as Koln go down without any real attempt at a fight-back.

March 2028
Bundesliga

Mar28.png

A short but brutal month has us slip back into the automatic relegation spots as Nurnberg fire themselves up as we head into the penultimate month of the season. With a massive seven games to be crammed into those two months of football we are far from out of what appears to be an incredibly tight relegation dog-fight.

Its do or die time in Germany already.

April 2028​

Apr28-z.png

2nd April 2028
Bundesliga

Apr28-a.png

A truly remarkable month kicks off in rather quiet style as we narrowly miss out on a victory over Leverkusen thanks to a goal just ten minutes from time. With the team in desperate need of as many points as possible in the run up to the close of the season, the goal was a cruel blow but it a quick tactical change soon made all the difference...

9th April 2028
Bundesliga

Apr28-b.png

A match up against a high-flying Wolfsburg should have been an awful time to try a new style of play for the boys but giving them the option to control the game and stop sitting back awaiting the inevitable attacks finally saw them reach their true potential. A Koln dominated game eventually saw us make a break through on the hour mark as we signaled our charge for survival in style.

15th April 2028
Bundesliga

Apr28-c.png

Having only recently escaped the dog-fight themselves we quickly dragged poor Nurnberg back into their ever present battle at the foot of the table with a thrilling goal not just seconds after they had equalized but with essentially the last kick of the game as well. It might not have been the most impressive of wins but I'll certainly take the points.

22nd April 2028
Bundesliga

Apr28-d.png

The ever hated RedBull Leipzig have become a force in the Bundesliga with the backing off their energy drink riches but despite being on the brink of making a break through into European football they suffered a humiliating defeat in their own back-yard following a match fully controlled by the rejuvenated Billy-Goats.

30th April 2028
Bundesliga

Apr28-e.png

Rounding off a sensational month comes a five goal victory over fellow strugglers HSV. The former German heavyweights now seem set for a relegation scrap up until the final few games of the season as we push ourselves further away from the danger with our forth and most impressive victory of the month. The boys are on one **** of a roll...just in time.

April 2028
Bunesliga

Apr28.png

With a sensational month of football under our belts, we go unbeaten in five games and most importantly wrack up four wins in a row. With the clubs around us proving to be worryingly generous in dishing out the points the club rockets up the table, shooting miles out of the relegation dog-fight and finding that much craved anonymity of mid-table.

May 2028​

May28-z.png

6th May 2028
Bundesliga

May28-a.png

Having seemingly secured our safety the boys set about making the most of their late form, making it ten goals in the last two games as they slaughter Kaiserslautern. With just two games to increase their standing it seems the boys are determined to put this relegation dog-fight far in distance in style.

13th May 2028
Bundesliga

May28-b.png

Rounding off a relatively brief but certainly successful first spell in the Bundesliga, we make it six victories in a row as we end on a massive high courtesy of a goal just five minutes from time. It seems this narrow Christmas Tree formation has taken the Germans by surprise...and myself too. If I can keep Koln in this form in the coming season, the European big-boys are surely going to come knocking for my services.

May 2028
Bundesliga

May28.png

It ends with the boys sitting just shy of the mid-table place with Koln's final standing showing no signs of the bitter relegation dog-fight they were embroiled in for the majority of the season. I think this might be the first time I've made an instant impact at a club since Tranmere...Unless you include turning Leicester into relegation favorites that is.

Fantastic turnaround at the end of the season! Are you likely to have much money for rebuilding over the summer?

Thanks Dave. Fingers crossed but the club might be safe from relegation but it seems a cash strapped board might stop me from climbing any higher for now.

I have no idea Kubalionzzale. Apparently I've stumbled across something that works!

Cheers Mercurial, unfortunately not. For the time being it seems I'm going to have to sell before I can bring in.

Having made an instant impact in Germany my standing continues to build on the back of my Belgian successes.

With my first pay rise in nearly five years, a club seemingly on the rise and a tactic that might just give me a slender chance of one day winning a prestigious trophy, it is safe to say I'm feeling pretty good.

These three men should be worried...

Man13.png
Man14.png
Man16.png
Diego SimeoneRoberto MartinezHamit Altintip
ChelseaManchester UnitedReal Madrid
£91,000 per week£91,000 per week£84,000 per week

No change at the top of the earner standings as the Premier League duo holds on to the top two places with Hamit Altintip defying the odds to remain in charge of the Galacticos for more then one season.

Despite Altintip's fragile status, it is actually the usually reliable Diego Simeone that is currently under scrutiny. The manager with a golden touch has finally had a season to forget as the Blues struggle to a third place finish whilst totally flopping in the Champions League. Non the less the Argentine sensation still managed to continue his gold rush with a League Cup trophy.

The current Chelsea boss could take a lesson from his Spaniard counter-part Roberto Martinez. The defiant Red Devil's manager made the most of a disappointing previous season guiding the giants to the Europa League trophy whilst ending two disappointing years for the Old Trafford faithful as they return to the top of the league. Martinez is simply sensational.

For our much maligned Turk, a domestic treble, including the Liga BBVA title keeps him within his job but with the Bearnebau once again left without Champions League success, the ever impatient fans remain hot on their surprise manager.

Man0.png
Derby Jack
FC Koln
£25,000 per week

..Perhaps the Real Madrid President might have taken some notice of a little-known Englishman causing a stir in the Bundesliga?

...Definitely not but on the back of one impressive half a season with FC Koln my reputation has certainly recieved one **** of a boost. Who knew a relegation escape in Germany could increase my standing more then three Belgian titles?

Probably most people but despite my new found status in Cologne my name appears to be certainly a hot target throughout Europe...
2829-1.png

2829-3.png

2829-5.png

2829-6.png

2829-9.png

2829-10.png

It seems my stay with Koln could very well be up already.

With some European giants throwing me an opportunity and the return of an interview with Arsenal in my inbox, my new found status could well see me make up for lost time in my quest to reach the top.

...My wallet is ready.

Wow, amazing what half a season in Germany can do to your reputation! I guess if they all offer you a job, it will be Arsenal with the most money but do you have a preference?

Dortmund could be very interesting!!!

And who would have guess that Arsenal would be back again, so soon!

That happened with Club Brugge as well, but they all failed...

Good luck with them though!

What a finish to the good work you've done in Köln. And lots of very good chances coming your way.

Indeed AW190, I'm quiet impressed myself. I would love to manage in Turkey. Not sure why just some kind of bizarre urge but I doubt they have the money. If all goes to plan I imagine it would be Arsenal too though.

Sure could Raar. Not going to lie would love the opportunity to take over, even if being a managerial mercenary goes against pretty much everything the club stands for.

It sure did Lewie, it makes it very hard to get any hopes up after that! Cheers!

Cheers as always Deathball! Hope I can take one now!

With my name being mentioned positively throughout Cologne and seemingly the rest of Europe I had little time to wait until some job offers came rolling in...
2829-8.png

Having finished runners up behind constant rivals Benfica, Porto were in the right place to take a gamble on an upcoming Bundesliga newcomer but the makers of "The Special One" couldn't muster enough funds for a shot at "The Money grabbing, Time-traveling one" and the bad news kept coming...
2829-7.png

2829-4.png

2829-2.png

It seemed it was going to be another off-season of disappointment as we were seemingly being rejected by all those who showed interest for the second season in a row but before I settled back down for another season in Cologne a surprise job offer landed on my desk.

I'm going up in the world...
2829-11.png

From Cologne to Dortmund.

With my former club handsomely paid off, Borrusia Dortmund have splashed the clash to bring me into the club as they look to take a gamble in order to ****** the top spot in a wide-open Bundesliga.

Before getting stuck into the mighty squad available to me at one of Europe's elite there's the small matter of taking a look at my time with FC Koln...

...this shouldn't take long.

Koln.png

With my reputation on a steady rise since my exit from the country, my appointment at FC Koln presented me with my first real opportunity to prove my worth in one of Europe's biggest leagues...

...It certainly didn't take long to make an impact.

2028/2029 Season
Bundesliga
Koln2728.png

May28.png

A worryingly inconsistent start got things on to an all too familiar beginning as it seemed I was in for a repeat of my Premier League failings in the top flight of Germany but come the end of the season, the club was in full swing. A rampant final two months of the season saw the club sky rocket out of the relegation zone taking my managerial reputation with them.

Short...but sweet.

Truth be told my time in FC Koln was far too short for my to develop anytime of connection with the club but despite our brief time together I will certainly remember the club fondly.

Presenting with the perfect opportunity to prove myself the boys certainly gave me their all to leave me now about to take control of one of the biggest clubs in the country.

So long Cologne!

Germany seems to agree with you! good luck at Dortmund!

It sure is dave, not quite the rise I expected though...

Cheers naterr, have to admit its probably been the most successful half-a-season of my career.

Now we're making progress.

Since leaving the country I've no won three Belgian top flight titles, reached a Europa League final and saved a Bundesliga stalwart from making a disastrous exit.

However their is no time to rest on my previous success.

With my growing reputation comes an even greater challenge...

Dort.png

From bottom of the Bundesliga to a club long familiar with the very top of it.

Having battled valiantly against the riches of Bayern Munich, Dortmund have only just emerged from behind their shadow with the club only managing two titles in the last decade.

With four second-places the club have turned to my money-grabbing self to take them that one step closer.

DortCon.png

With a small pay increase its clear the Dortmund board don't entirely trust me with their club's legacy and more importantly their money but non the less the leap up to the German giants is a huge step forward.

Having repeatedly pinched myself, clarified with the board that they have indeed got the right man and begged Koln for a small chuck of the near four million pay-out they got for my services, its time to actually take a look at what I have got my hands on before I take my place in front of the yellow wall.

DortFix.png

DortTable.png

...No Pressure then?

With Dortmund finishing a respectable second place in the league and yet still sending their former manager packing, its clear that the board want nothing less then that all important Bundesliga title.

With Schalke taking up the dominant mantle from a rapidly declining Bayern Munich it seems the club are fed up with constantly being the bridesmaids in this division.

Its time for BVB to finally assert their long awaited dominance.

The Schwarzgelben expects. I must deliver.

Dort.png

So with the pressure ridiculously high, the eyes of not just the Bundesliga fans but now also the majority of Europe judging my actions and a deserving and passionate fan-base to please I'm setting myself in for one **** of a challenge.

If I'm to take this illustrious club to the top, I'm going to need a squad full of stars...

Thankfully Dortmund certainly haven't been wasting time whilst stranded in the second-place position that has become their constant home...

DortTeam.png

The defence will certainly need some attention and they might have limited numbers up front but with a stacked midfield, loaded with exciting talent the basis of this squad is certainly an exciting prospect. On top of the clubs impressive team sheet, they seem ready made to take up my narrow Christmas Tree formation that proved so successful with FC Koln.

For potentially the first time in my entire career, it has genuinely been a challenge just choosing which two key players to highlight. Fortunately in a team loaded with incredible ability, these two players still manage to impress...

DortStar-1.png

With a rather sketchy back-line, Brazilian star Henrique is a much needed defensive keystone. The Twenty-Five year old has been in Europe for the last five years, quickly establishing himself as one of the hottest prospects in the continent and a Brazilian International in the process. The likes of David Luiz and Thiago Silva could well be eclipsed by this near perfect centre-back.

DortStar-2.png

In a midfield rammed full of frighteningly creative talent, Serbian superstar Vladimir Nikovic is an absolute phenom. As one of the most exciting talents in the entire world, an eye for a clinical pass, the ability to score from anywhere on the pitch and the natural fitness of a long distance runner the former Sevilla midfielder has quickly established himself as a footballing powerhouse.

So yeah...I'm pretty pleased with things in Dortmund.

As thrilled as I am with such a talented and experienced squad, my new team presents me with an unfamiliar problem.

I have pretty much nothing to do in the transfer window...

Dort.png

...apparently not.

Having taken over at the helm of one of the biggest clubs in the country, the amount of transfer funds have truly dwarfed the funds available at my previous clubs.

With the money burning a hole in my pocket and my belief that I would sit back and wait in this transfer window quickly forgotten, the window burst into life...

Tran28-OUT.png

Things started off in a relativity quiet style as a small and expected transfer of Branislav Kocis saw him head out to Freiburg alongside no fewer then four loanees making their way across the country and even off to sunny Mallorca but the window very much exploded into life.

A fifty five million pound bid from the riches of Manchester City saw one of Europe's finest, my key player and a crucial part to my future plans jet off to the Premier League. Having rejected multiple bids from the Citizens the decision was eventually settled by the board as they eagerly snapped up the whopping transfer to bolster their ranks.

With the coffers very much swelled only two more departures followed with another low key exit for Manfred Lamotte, soon followed by the departure of un-needed finisher Senol Bostan as the Turkish international goes to try his luck with a reforming Arsenal.

With Dortmund's riches now at a dizzying high I set about splashing my cash...

Tran28-IN_1.png

Tran28-a.png

Cost: £22 million​

Chucking the cash around with glee, I returned to my former club to ****** up German wunderkind Ernst Jankowski. Despite gifted my former club with almost Twenty grand worth of profit, I certainly didn't feel any sense of over-spending, the former Bayern youngster is still one of the hottest potentials in the country. Give him a few years and Nicovic will be long forgotten.

Tran28-b.png

Cost: £37.5 million

The defensive certainly needing strengthening and having long deliberated over the move I eventually dove in head-first to sign up Costa-Rican centre-back Victor Coto Ortega. The hottest product to come out of the country since Paulo Wanchope, Ortega should prove to be the ideal partner to the impressive Henrique. I mean just look at those stats. The man is a beast!

All that money and I only brought in two players.

Even I'm slightly disappointed.

With a future German star and the human equivalent of a Gorilla now added to the squad, the duo are certainly strong additions to the team but with the departure of the Serbian Superstar in the window I can't help but feel that the club has been left weaker then before.

Preseason
2028/29

Pre28-z_1.png

2nd August 2028
Friendly

Pre28-a.png

Having joined the club in late July I meet up with the club as they wrack up the air miles darting around the globe. Meeting the boys in Greece for my first game at the helm of the club, I was soon longing to get back on the plane as a Atromitos pick up a narrow but deserved victory with a goal just fifteen minutes into the game. Not the greatest start.

5th August 2028
Friendly
Pre28-b.png

Jetting across the Atlantic to the US of A we meet up with our American affiliates, New England in what should have been a showcase of European football. Instead we once again returned to the airport with our heads hung low with a one goal loss ensuring a worrying start to my career. Perhaps the Christmas Tree formation isn't made for Dortmund?

9th August 2028
Friendly
Pre28-c.png

Rounding off the competition comes a much needed and rather convincing morale boost. Italian heavy-weights Inter Milan will be a certain present in the all important Champions League but a convincing victory in my first game at the Westfalenstadion ensured me and the fans would go into the season with at least some belief.

A short and extremely mixed pre-season sends me into the Bundesliga completely confused as to how the club is going to shape up.

With my Summer Arrivals not arriving till later in the month, I can at least take some hope from the fact that we are not yet at our full strength but those worrying losses will certainly have cast a shadow of doubt over my appointment.

Time to prove my worth...

SERIOUSLY DUDE !!

Best Football manager story ive read ever got me seriously hooked

Amazing story shame about the first save but you picked it up nicely

Good luck with Dortmund