Thanks very much Lyons!! Glad to have you with me, I just hope I have enough time to finish this career before the new Football manager takes over my life.

Thanks again!

August 2028

Aug28-z.png

12th August 2028
DFB-Pokal 1st Round

DFB28-a.png

First competitive game as manager of Dortmund and its straight into cup action. Having never won a single cup trophy through-out my entire career, my hopes of picking up some much needed silverware took a slight boost as the club destroy lowly Schiksee. A neat brace from our lone Columbian front-man Giraldo is hopefully a signal of intent for the coming season.

19th August 2028
Bundesliga

Aug28-a.png

First game of my second season in the Bundesliga gets underway in fine fashion. Having dominated the entire game the boys deservedly held a two goal lead as he headed towards the final whistle before a goal with just a couple of minutes on the clock ensured a nervy ending to an otherwise comfortable game. We're off.

26th August 2028
Bundesliga

Aug28-b.png

Making it five goals in three games, Giraldo fires home a first half brace as we secure a one-sided victory over yo-yo club Kaiserlsautern. The minnows lived up to the pre-match billing as a series of blunders allowed us to claim a three goal lead with out much of a fight-back from the seemingly beleaguered team.

August 2028

Aug28.png

Two games into the season and we're back into the position Dortmund have made their own. Second Place. With just two games player this is hardly a disaster and with my former club FC Koln continuing their miraculous rise from the relegation spot, its probably a good time to sit back and marvel at my work...

CL28-Group.png

Not much time for gloating however as the Champions League draw is upon us.... and boy was it brutal.

With Turkish and Portuguese giants Galatasary and Benfica supposedly the lowliest teams in the group its safe to say we have been chucked into the group of death. With the formidable giants Real Madrid finishing the group, we are certainly in for one **** of a battle if we are to make it into the knockout stage.

Just what I needed in my debut season.

Amazing

Hi Derby Jack,

This is amazing, just read all 61 pages of the escapades of the Time Travelling Mercenary Manager in 3 days!!

I had to sign up just to say Congratulations on your progress.

I look forward to reading more installments soon and hope you don't grow weary of your battle to the top!

Hey Nosibor!

It still amazes me when people do that, especially at this stage. Thanks very much! Hopefully I can reach the end of it eventually.

Thanks again for the kind words. Appreciate them all!

September 2028

Sep28-z.png

9th September 2028
Bundesliga

Sep28-a.png

Building on our own and Giraldo's personal fantastic start to the season we claim another clean sheet and three points in a clinical match against 1860 Munchen. Another club familiar with both the top flight and the wilderness found below it, we once again stuck to the form book with a two goal win to mount the pressure on table topping Koln.

12th September 2028
Champions League - Group C

CL28-a.png

The first game of our Champions League campaign is a complete disaster as we throw away points to Galatasaray following a sloppy penalty. Having dominated the majority of the game it seemed we were going to head back to Germany having made the perfect start but a clumsy challenge and a clam finish saw us return home demoralized.

16th September 2028
Bundesliga

Sep28-b.png

The Champions League hangover thankfully did last long as the club made immediate amends, destroying my former club Koln and claiming the top spot in the process. The first goal for Jankowski could not have come at a sweeter time as my Summer signing opens his account against his former club with a thunderbolt of a finish.

19th September 2028
Bundesliga

Sep28-c.png

Giraldo continues to take the league by storm as we bags yet another brace to solify his spot at the top of the scorer charts. Despite his impressive performances it is the entire team that showcased their talents in this one-sided game as they bagged five goals in a superb victory over a struggling Mainz.

23rd September 2028
Bundesliga

Sep28-d.png

Having won every game of the Bundesliga season thus far we finally slip up as we are held to a draw by HSV. The former German giants have been struggling of late but rolled back the years to pull off a defiant performances to claim a deserved point and send us back into the Champions League without our impressive status.

27th September 2028

CL28-b.png

Not that is affected the boys. Having slipped up against Galatasaray we ensured we would not make it two games in a row as we destroyed Benfica in style. Having held Real in their first game of the competition the formidable side were not to be taken lightly but a confident performance from the boys saw us send them packing with their tails between their legs.

September 2028
Bundesliga

Sep28.png

Top of the table, a two point gap and a game in hand. Not a bad start by any means. With just six games played in the season it is still far too early to claim any kind of title challenge just yet but with the league thankfully far simpler then the Jupiler Pro League in Belgium we can at least take some comfort from leading the pack already.

September 2028

Sep28CL.png

The sloppy start is quickly forgotten thanks to that impressive victory as we sneak into second place behind an apparently dominant Galatasaray. Having claimed a fortunate victory over ourselves the Turks laid down their credentials with another one goal victory over Real to blow this group wide open behind them. It's all to play for.

When Giraldo scores, you win. He's quickly becoming your talisman. :eek:

A nice start, and Munich not even in sight of you! Indeed, not even Schalke nearby. This could be the year!

Just read the whole story. Had to read through 50 pages to see you lift an elusive trophy. But boy, was it worth the wait. Cracking story there, mate!!!

He is one **** of a goal-scorer... and possibly our only one.

Hopefully Gozilla. The league definitely looks up for the taking this time around. Time to begin a legacy!

Thanks very much indeed Hector! Sorry for the long wait. Thankfully Belgium came along to make me feel slightly less useless then I actually am!

October 2028

Oct28-z.png

1st October 2028
Bundesliga

Oct28-a.png

Sitting just off the top spot in a threatening third place it seems that Wolfsburg are going to be our closest and most dangerous threat this season, unless Gladbach can continue their impressive start but a decidley one-sided game in Dortmund certainly showed that Der BVB are not going to be letting anyone come close to their much desired top spot for now.

14th October 2028
Bundesliga

Oct28-b.png

Having been dizzied by a giant transfer budget on my arrival in Dortmund I was under the impression the club was financially sound. Two big transfers later and that illusions soon came crashing down. With the club going up against the vast riches of Energy drink fueled Leipzig our opposite financial status matter for nothing thanks to another goal for Giraldo's impressive tally.

18th October 2028

CL28-c.png

Our Champions League campaign was already under strong scrutiny following our disappointing opening defeat against Galatasary but in a crucial clash against the ever intimidating Real Madrid, I truly began to felt the pressure of managing a footballing giant following a humbling home defeat. The Europa League beckons.

21st October 2028
Bundesliga

Oct28-c.png

Back to the league and we restore some faith to the fans with an early victory over Gladbach. Having ended the previous month hot on our heels, Simic's goal just minutes beyond the opening whistle ensured we would once again strengthen our claim to the top of the table.

25th October 2028
DFB-Pokal - 2nd Round

DFB28-c.png

With the league campaign seemingly under full steam, our cup exploits also took another solid stride further as we cruised into the next round of the competition with another victory over Chemnitz. Despite the five goal win, seeing the defence concede two goals against such lowly opposition did raise some eyebrows in the travelling crowd.

28th October 2028
Bundesliga

Oct28-d.png

Having been in relatively free-scoring mode throughout the majority of this season it seems the boys have finally started to ease up with just two goals in the last three games. With no one throughout both ourselves and Hoffenheim bringing their shooting boots to the game a bore draw leaves no one happy.

31st October 2028

CL28-z.png

Its a repeat performance in the Champions League as Real complete their humiliation of Dortmund with another four goal victory. An opening goal from Bal'Dor winner Ernesto set the Spaniards well on their way to victory, with long serving play-maker Odegaard adding to the Galacticos impressive tally. An alarming gulf exists between us.

October 2028
Bundesliga

Oct28.png

Despite giving them a complete thrashing earlier in the month Wolfsburg remain just behind us with only a three point gap keeping us on the top of the pile. With the fight set to go long into the season it seems that it is set to get even more tense...Bayern are back.

October 2028
Oct28CL.png

Well that doesn't make pleasant viewing. Our Champions League campaign is essentially over as a surprisingly efficient Galatasaray and the intimidating Real both look set to cruise into the knock-out stages. With our final glimmer of hope seemingly lying in the Europa League we still need to pick up the points in our next two games to salvage our European dreams.

A true honour sir! Thanks for the kind words Mr Reader.

November 2028

Nov28-z_1.png

4th November 2028
Bundesliga

Nov28-a.png

With the Bundesliga proving to be just as tight at the top as it was at the bottom in my previous season, a disappointing loss to Dortmunds long-term rivals and rapidly rising Bayern Munich could have massive repercussions come the end of the season. 'The unbeaten streak is over and Munich are on the rise. Things are about to get very interesting.

18th November 2028
Bundesliga

Nov28-b.png

No immediate return to winning ways as Leverkusen leave us not only frustrated with a solitary point but fortunate to be in the game at all. A two goal lead seemed to have us about to make it back to back defeats until a second-half fight back had us claim a fortunate point courtesy of Grondona's last gasp finish. We're looking wobbly.

22nd November 2028

CL28-f.png

Galatasaray continue to surprise Europe as their impressive Champions League campaign continues, the Turkish side all but assuring their first place finish in a tough group with a one-all draw in Germany. With their progression the Turks also knock us out of the competition. My Champions League debut with Der BVB has not exactly gone to plan.

25th November 2028
Bundesliga

Nov28-c.png

With three disappointing results on the trot our progress seemed to have come to a steady decline, with a tough match against last seasons title holders Schalke set to add to our troubles. Once again we tore up the form book as we returned to winning ways with a second half goal from the ever determined Grondona, he's going to drag us back to form whether we like it or not unfortunately his impressive determination comes at a high cost...

Nov28-25th.png

28th November 2028

CL28-g.png

Final game of the Champions League and with a spot in the Europa League the only thing to play for, it went down to a head to head match between Dortmund and Portuguese giants, Benfica for a chance to salvage some pride. With the pressure mounting we just about held our nerve following an end to end first-half with Summer signing Jankowski scoring his most important goal to date.

November 2028
Bundesliga

Nov28.png

A third of the way through the season and our time at the top is already looking likely to come to a abrupt end. Wolfsburg have continued their rampant run of form, smashing their way to equal our current points total with plucky Hannover sitting just behind. With a Bayern side determined to make amends for their disappointing last few years its going to be a tense title run.

November 2028

Nov28CL.png

The Champions League certainly didn't pull any punches as the biggest club competition in the world sends us out in the group stages thanks to some disappointing defeats to Real and a sensational performances from the foolishly underestimated Galatasaray. Lessons will be learned...Who am I kidding? I suck at cup competitions...and football.

EL28-1.png

However there is one shot at redemption.

Unlike its bigger brother the Europa League holds back as we are rewarded for our third place finish with a tie against Dutch side, PSV. Having been humbled by the side whist at the helm of Brugge I know not to underestimate them but surely I've got one last shot for the season to save some fact in the continent...right?

Last edited:
despite my frequent admissions of how much I've enjoyed this story for your struggles, I really hope you can get the league title this year

Think that his journey and thread is liked by many because of how realistic it is. It is not come everywhere, win everything, move on...

Thanks very much Battman. It would certainly give me one much needed boost to becoming the top earner!

Cheers Kubalionzzale. As much as I would love to say that was intended, I'm genuinely just this bad at being a football manager. Thanks for baring with me guys!

December 2028

Dec28-z_1.png

2nd December 2028
Bundesliga

Dec28-a.png

November saw our first true wobble as our Champions League campaign fizzled out whilst the chasing pack upped the tempo in our title race. It seems December is set to continue the worrying trend. Third placed Hannover have surprised many this season but it seems their new status is not unfounded as a late come-back denies us some much needed points.

5th December 2028
DFB-Pokal - 3rd Round

DFB28-d.png

Continuing what has now become a strong and proud tradition of my managerial career, I once again make a complete hash of the domestic cup competition, with the club being sent packing from the competition with ease despite fielding the first-team in the foolish hope that being at the helm of a footballing powerhouse might actually break my curse...apparently not.

9th December 2028
Bundesliga

Dec28-b.png

Having been knocked out of Germany's only cup competition just days prior a re-match against Stuttgart presented us with the perfect opportunity to restore some pride. It didn't quite go to plan. Whilst not quite being as bad as a two goal white-wash, a fortunate draw provided by Summer signing Jankowski didn't actually lay down the law. It's going wrong fast.

13th December 2028
Bundesliga

Dec28-c.png

Continuing our poor run of form towards Christmas, we cap off a disappointing set of results with another disappointing draw in the league. The long missed Giraldo finally made a return to the score-sheet but the game-winning form that once followed the Colombian seems to have disappeared as the plucky minnows score an instant equalizer in the dying seconds of the game.

16th December 2028
Bundesliga

Dec28-d.png

With the month going appalling bad, we at least give the Yellow Wall something to cling on to our the festive period and the German winter-break as we smash three goals past a hapless Augsburg. Attacking midfielder Besl opened the scoring with the first quarter of an hour with his counterpart Kabla smashing in two late goals to put a gloss on the finish.

December 2028
Bundesliga

Dec28.png

...It's over already. With the sole intention of my career being to take Dortmund out of their long held second place position, my time at the top lasted just over a couple of months before Wolfsburg took quick advantage to not just secure the top spot but put a four goal gap in between us. With three games in hand even Bayern could be about to pile on the misery.

...Merry Christmas Dortmund.

Bah-Humbug!

Dort.png

With things in the league not exactly going according to plan, the January transfer window looms into view presenting me with the perfect opportunity to restore our title challenge.

With the transfer funds drastically disappearing and the finances at Dortmund revealing that the club might not have such deep pockets as expected, it was always going to be a truly testing window.

Non the less I swung into action...

JanTran29-OUT_1.png

...It wasn't exactly dramatic.

Just the one solitary departure as back-up stopper Danilo Taddei makes a move across the Country to Gladbach. The Italian keeper had grown increasingly frustrated on the side-lines but a quick transfer has him snap up first-team football with the mid-table side.

With an important departure and the club on the slide, surely the arrivals in Dortmund would kick-start this season...

JanTran29-IN_2.png

...maybe not.

A complete dud of a window.

With no new arrivals and just one departure my attempts at trying to strengthen the team for one last ditch push to the title come to a very abrupt end.

With money in short supply, the transfer market being unusually quiet and a host of over-priced and over-rated players taking my attention I opted to keep the purse closed for now.

A gamble that proved to be even more costly as the window drew to a close...

JanTran29-4.png

JanTran29-3.png

My entire defence just melted...

With three injuries added to an already worrying large number of sidelined players, only one fit central defender and a brutally tight season ahead of us, this window could prove to be a complete disaster.

Despite the doom and gloom I did manage to find one faint glimmer of hope deep in our prestigious Youth system.

JanTran29-b.png

Alexander Kowalski. Our new second-choice stopper. At just eighteen years-old the young keeper has bypassed a spell in the lower leagues with our second-string team, being immediately thrown into action with the Bunesliga giants. With a host of developing still to do, this agile teen could well develop into a cat-like keeper between the sticks.

...So yeah.

It's been a bit of a gamble.

With a solitary departure and the only reinforcement to the ranks coming in the shape of an untested and potentially star-struck teenager, I think my risk might not pay off.

...I certainly make things hard for myself at times.

Risky business bro not bringing any one in especially after your defence fell apart quicker than an Argos flat pack

though that is a good young keeper one for the future

but still your story kicks *** hopefully you be able to turn the success of story into success in the league

Indeed it is Lyons but I honestly couldn't find anyone. The clubs finances are not as strong as I found them in the Summer. Not alot of valuable players to be found for under nine million.

Fingers crossed he will come good. A deal of development still to be done though.

Thanks very much for the comments. I'm starting to lose hope again!​

January 2029

Jan29-z.png

14th January 2029
Friendly

Jan29-a.png

A mid-winter break gives me an opportunity to try and work on some tactics with the boys and rather then send the club for warmer climates we opt to brave out the winter in our Home country with a friendly against Lotte. The lower league minnows proved to be easy work for the team as they cruised to a five goal victory. Hopefully this will roll into the Bundesliga...

27th January 2029
Bundesliga

Jan29-b.png

...Or maybe not. First game of the new year and its another disappointing draw as a momentary lapse of concentration gifts Frankfurt with an undeserved point. With just half the season played and the club sitting within six points of the top spot I am already starting to feel the pressure. My first time at the helm of a European giant is not going well.

January 2029
Bundesliga

Jan29.png

The half-way stage does not make pretty viewing. Having shot to the top of the table earlier we now find ourselves being distanced by a seemingly rampant Wolfsburg. The table toppers have made a serious push to the top as they look to regain the title for the second time in ten years. The Bundesliga is wide-open for the taking....just not for me.

Last edited:

February 2029

Feb29-z.png

3rd February 2029
Bundesliga

Feb29-a.png

Kaiserslautern take quick advantage of my ramshackle defence as a storming first-half has them storm into a convincing lead. Having been beaten by a club lost in the depths of the Bundesliga its safe to say that I am now certainly starting to feel the pressure mounting. This dream job is quickly turning into a night-mare. Is my Career at stake already?

8th February 2029
Europa League - 1st Knockout Round - Leg 1

EL28-a.png

With the league hopes now rapidly fading, the fans slowly turning against me and the boards eyes set firmly on ever move I make, a clinical victory on the road in the Europa League gave me some brief breathing room. A two goal victory over Dutch side PSV has us all but assure a place in the next round but the victory came with yet another unfortunate injury...

Feb29-8th.png

11th February 2029
Bundesliga

Feb29-b.png

Despite one of Germany's brightest prospects missing the game with injury, the club built on their Europa League victory as they unleash their frustrations on an unfortunate 1860 Munchen. A four goal demolition had us put the struggling side back in their place following a surprise opener that sent groans around the stadium. The fight-back is on.

15th February 2029
Europa League - 1st Knockout Roung - Leg 2

EL28-b.png

We finish the job with a another efficient performance in the Europa League as we claim a clean one goal victory over PSV courtesy of the only central defender left in the squad capable of walking, Marius Ginter. The lonely center-backs looping header ensured we sailed into the next round of the competition against an interesting opponent...

EL28-2.png

Huddersfield Town. Are they lost? The club have slowly made their way up from the Championship and under the guidance of Turkish manager Sinan Aydin they have gradually pushed their way into European contention. Impressive stuff. The Terriers however should prove an easy task for Der BVB.

18th February 2029
Bundesliga

Feb29-c.png

A return to my former and altogether rather brief stomping ground as we claim a narrow victory over a Koln side rapidly sliding down the table following their impressive start to the season. The victory comes courtesy of an impressive brace from the blistering right foot of our attacking midfielder Andre Besl. More of that please!

21st February 2029
Bundesliga

Feb29-d.png

And our short return to form is brought to a humiliating end. A Mainz side languishing in the bottom half of the table took just Twenty-Six minutes to tear up the form book with their South African sharpshooter scoring the first of three goals that stunned the travelling support. Unless I can nip these collapse's in the bud, my time at Dortmund is set to come to a crashing end.

25th February 2029
Bundesliga

Feb29-e.png

It seemed my month was about to end on another low as HSV shot into the lead with just two minutes on the clock but an encouraging fight-back saw the boys ****** back the lead twice, with our Columbian hit-man keeping his impressive tally going with a winner deep into the second half. There is still hope....

February 2029
Bundesliga

Feb29.png

...Slim hope. Wolfsburg might have suffered a minor blip in their own title race but they remain distanced at the top with a five point gap still remaining between us. With the chasing pack seemingly unable to get their act in order we might just be the only club in with a shot of stopping the The Wolves from running away with another title.

March 2029

Mar29-z.png

1st March 2029
Europa League - 2nd Knockout Round - Leg 1

EL28-c.png

Before I can set about getting back to making an attempt at trying to cling on to the title race, there is the small matter of a Europa League clash. Having welcomed Huddersfield to Germany, the Yellow Wall fully expected to spend the day in high-spirits but the plucky Terriers proved to be more then a match for us as they deservedly claim a draw and an important away goal to go with it.

4th March 2029
Bundesliga

Mar29-a.png

First against Second in the league and a cruel defeat leaves Dortmund hopes brutally beaten. Having claimed the lead through our free-scoring Colombian, Giraldo, hopes where high that this could be the start to a dramatic push for the title before a scrappy goal-mouth scramble saw the table toppers tuck home a shocking equalizer. That hurts.

8th March 2029
Europa League - 2nd Knockout Round - Leg 2

EL28-d.png

With the disappointing defeat just four days earlier the boys made the trip to England knowing that their Bundesliga hopes are hanging on by their finger tips. With their minds seemingly else where the boys soon had more disappointment added to their league woes as the Terriers claimed one of the most impressive wins of their recent history knocking us out the competition and a step towards a potentially ground-breaking final.

11th March 2029
Bundesliga

Mar29-b.png

With the disappointment piled on to a thread-bare team, a tie against a struggling Leipzig could have given us the perfect opportunity to gain some much needed morale but the boys failed to take the opportunity as they gifted the relegation threatened side with a point whilst struggling to trouble the goal with just two shots on target. Heads are down.

17th March 2029
Bundesliga

Mar29-c.png

Piling on the misery comes Gladbach. Injuries have mounted up, results are slipping through our fingers and all the time our rivals are making up lost ground rapidly as the title race finally builds to a dramatic finale. For myself however the title race takes a back sit. The board have finally shown their frustrations...
Mar29-17th.png

Mar29-17th1.png

31st March 2029
Bundesliga

Mar29-d.png

With points now not only getting us back into the title race but now needed to salvage my time at Dortmund and with it my career, we made the perfect start as we squeeze a victory past Hoffenheim. A bright start saw the return of our Costa-Rican defender. Ortega marking it with a thumped header, with Giraldo finishing the job before the break. Seven points left.

March 2029
Bundesliga

Mar29.png

Its not hard to see why the board have finally made a move. Having slipped from title contenders to the edge of the Champions League spots its clear to see that my time at Dortmund is not exactly going to plan. With Wolfsburg doing all they can to remain clear it now falls to bitter rivals Bayern to try and tame the Wolves. Humiliating times in Dortmund.

April 2029​

Apr29-z.png

6th April 2029
Bundesliga

Apr29-a.png

Rubbing salt into the would Byaern condemn me to a defeat that now leaves me unable to lose another of the next three games and able to draw just the one to leave me in with a job. With the club collapsing in the second half and gifting the resurgent German giants with all three points, most of the Yellow Ball would not be sad to see the back of me...

14th April 2029
Bundesliga

Apr29-b.png

....but I'm not going without a fight. Leverkusen are certainly not a side to be underestimated but the rampant Giraldo made easy work of the mid-table side with a hat-trick that saw us ease to a four win. With the odds stacked massively against me a result like this might just do enough to prove to the board that I do know what I'm doing...kind of.

21st April 2029
Bundesliga

Apr29-c.png

Needing to pick up a point in every game former Champions and recently manager-less Schalke condemn me to a similar fate following a frantic first-half of football. With the boys very much in the fight and a draw still giving a slim chance at salvaging my career a second-half fight back nearly saved my skin but the woodwork twice denied me any chance at safety. The footballing gods are cruel and unforgiving...
Apr29-end.png

April 2029
Bundesliga

Apr29.png

Well this feels worrying familiar.

Back on to the scrap-heap. I would love to sit here and tell you like any bitter former manager that a mountain of injuries, a transfer-budget far lower then expected and just sheer bad luck cost me my job....and I will. To say my departure is unwarranted would be a lie but things in Dortmund certainly did not go my way.

With my growing reputation so cruelly snubbed out, it seems my career is about to take a massive hit.

Nearly a decade and a half of struggle.

Fifteen Years, a minor time-travelling accident, eight clubs and one growing wallet all led to what should have been one of the pinnacles of my career.

As it stands it was one of the worst...

Dort.png

Dortmund. I failed You.

With just one season in the Bundesliga, Dortmund made the bold move to take on a manager whose only true successes come in the shape of a gifted Belgian division and one impressive escape from the depths of the relegation zone.

Needless to say their gamble was an unmitigated disaster...

2028/2029
Bundesliga

DortFinal-1.png

Apr29.png

It should have been my triumphant arrival at the top of the game. It should have been a return to the top for Dortmund and a chance to truly announce myself on the scene. It should have been more. In the end I leave the club not just wallowing in their usual second-place position but now stranded outside the Champions League.

In just one solitary season I managed to take the club to a new found low.

With my reputation in tatters, my wages long since vanished and a month to wait till the end of season it seems I might be about to take a giant stride backwards.

My first taste of the good life and I failed...miserably.

Its time to repair my standing. This could get desperate.