Woah, nice month!

Do you think you can continue this impressive run?

Yes, the team is brimming with confidence.
If you look at the schedule it's likely we'll keep it going.
Don't make stupid questions.
I don't think so, my players are donkeys.
Are you blind? I'm sitting right here! How can I be running when I'm sitting?

Great stuff mate!

Seems strange to see your team highlighted green rather than red! Hope it continues

Cheers Seano, kind of surprised myself!

Deathball I wish you did all my Press interviews! Truth be told I think I have a mix of confident donkeys in the midst of a lucky schedule of games! Thanks alot for your support, means alot!

Thanks GregBeast! It is Exactly how I feel as well! I genuinely have no idea what I'm doing this high in the table. I'm not used to this!

Tranmere.png

Having found myself at the highest point of my career and with the squad now seemingly running high on some new found self-belief, the January transfer was almost an unwelcome distraction.

That said I did still manage to pull off some business.

Jan20Tran_1.png

Jan20Tran-a.png
Cost: £30.5K

My first transfer of a four year career that actually involves any kind of transfer fee. Despite being a team bouncing back from a stint in the non-league, Tranmere are actually boasting an impressive transfer budget and I soon put it to good use bringing in Chester's Joe Williams. The solid midfielder should add a more resilient edge to our midfield trio.

So that was it.

Truth be told I'm trying very hard not to do anything to upset the apple cart.

Things are going so well in the league that I'm keen to ensure that nothing disrupts the morale of my resurgent squad.

January 2020​

Jan20-z.png

1st January 2020
League Two

Jan20-a.png

On the back of arguably the greatest month of my career I was eager to get started in the new year but Accrington Stanley soon put the breaks on our charge to the top. Truth be told we didn't truly look capable of taking the lead with a seemingly tired squad eventually conceding what proved to be the winning goal just seven minutes from time.

5th January 2020
FA Cup - 3rd Round

FAC19-d.png

Having once again worked our way into a potential pay day in the FA Cup we are kindly rewarded with a home tie against the Premier League's Norwich. Having gone toe to toe with the Canaries for the first half we headed into the second with thoughts of an incredible spot in the fourth round running through the team, however the top flight side eventually showed their class turning on the style to destroy any hopes of a giant killing.

8th January 2020
League Two

Jan20-b.png

On the back of two quick-fire losses the team could have easilly bottled it at this crucial stage of the season but a transformed team showed little signs of any late wobble tucking home two neat goals to cruise past a troubled Morecambe. The difference between this season and the last is huge. Its amazing what a bit of belief can do.

11th January 2020
League Two

Jan20-d.png

The games continue to come quick and fast in 2020 but once again the boys hold their own. Forest Green have the potential to upset any team in this league but left winger Junior Mondal was having none of it, capping off an impressive run by cutting in from the flank to smash home an impressive winner.

18th January 2020
League Two

Jan20-e.png

We finally get a week to prepare for the game and it was certainly needed. Newport could easily have taken this game by the scruff of the neck had it not been for a red-card and a converted penalty on the half hour mark that threw momentum in our favor. Despite a late fight-back the boys did just enough to secure the victory.

25th January 2020
League Two

Jan20-f.png

With the referee helping us towards three points in the last game we once again, are forced to rely on the man with the whistle to gift us with a victory as we are awarded a weak penalty after just fifteen minutes. Doherty eagerly tucked home the spot kick as we sat on the one goal lead to pick up our fourth straight win in the league.

January 2020
League Two

Jan20.png

So despite losing the first game of the month and riding our luck in the final two games of the season we actually have managed to not just consolidate our position towards the top of the table but also climb one spot higher to sit equal on points with league leaders, Stevenage. That's the form of title winners right? Is this actually happening?

February 2020

Feb20-z.png

1st February 2020
League Two

Feb20-a.png

With momentum well and truly back in our favor we went up against play-off chasing Yeovil full of confidence. Unfortunately what confidence the boys had could not be transformed into a goal as we look set to struggle towards a point until The Glovers snatched a winner with just two minutes remaining to devastate the team.

8th February 2020
League Two

Feb20-b.png

With the teams resolve wobbled following their crushing loss we go up against Barrow looking to make an instant return to winning ways. A goal just before the break from the re-instated front-man Nathan Oduwa certainly looked likely to give us a superb way to do it but we could do little to hold back waves of Barrow attacks with the Cumbrians eventually scoring a deserved equalizer.

11th February 2020
League Two

Feb20-c.png

Another tough fixture awaits just days later with in the shape of high-flying Harltepool. The playoff contenders tucked home an opening goal within just fifteen minutes of kick-off with Oduwa pulling off his usual match saving antics to score a quick leveler against the run of play. The boys resolve is being truly tested now.

15th February 2020
League Two

Feb20-d.png

The end of January might have seen us ride our luck but a point against Burton was certainly not what we deserved. The Brewers are struggling to adapt to life back in League Two but sure made themselves look like the club in the title race controlling the majority of the game with only the heroics of Goalkeeper McCarey and a fortunate own-goal being enough to help cling on to a point.

22nd February 2020
League Two

Feb20-e.png

With the squad finally suffering a minor wobble the last thing we really needed was a match against table topping Stevenage. Despite their high-flying status we managed to easilly match the pace set by the club seemingly destined for league One only falling short as fatigue caught up in the last ten minutes of the game. A loss but still a better showing then our previous games.

29th February 2020
League Two

Feb20-f.png

Suffering our worst run of form so far this season, I was dreading the prospect of going against former club Bristol Rovers. Having humiliated me in the Vanarama National League I now feel a large resentment towards the Pirates. Fortunatley for me Panayiotou made the perfect impact from the bench tucking home the winner with his first touch of the game and instantly becoming one of my favourite players in the process.

February 2020
League Two

Feb20.png

February was a real test of our credentials and one that we arguably failed, fortunatley however the crazy world that is lower league football ensured we remain well in the running for the title as all the clubs around seem to also suffer a similar wobble as we charge head-long towards the end of the season.

This is starting to feel like destiny?

March 2020

Mar20-z.png

3rd March 2020
League Two

Mar20-a.png

The club are starting to wrack up some disappointing draws of late and a struggling Crewe side left it late to ensure we would suffer one more. Once again new signing Connolly continues to show why hes rated so highly in the team with another goal but his efforts are left unrewarded as we slip up in the final stages of the game.

7th March 2020
League Two

Mar20-b.png

Charlee Adams never takes the plaudits with his performances but the ever present midfielder has been crucial to our unprecedented success this season putting in the ugly challenges and chasing down the ball across the field. For once the young Englishman does finally pick up some much deserved praise with a stunning driven winner.

14th March 2020
League Two

Mar20-c.png

A return to the winning ways that somehow got us to this dizzying heights in the league as we use some smash and grab tactics against Oxford. Adams keeps his shooting boots on and is joined by Panayiotou on the score-sheet with two quickfire goals at the start of the game leaving the Bulls rattled and Rovers riding out the rest of the game to pick up three much needed points.

17th March 2019
League Two

Mar20-d.png

We might have turned around our own relegation scrape from last season but Grimsby have managed to have a transformation of their own, one which continued to grow momentum as they score an all too familiar late winner. The team is definitely developing an ugly trait of conceding late goals. Time to work on the boys Stamina.

21st March 2015
League Two

Mar20-e.png

Well that was a wake-up call.

Since going on an impressive run of form over winter, we have gone into Spring looking a long way short of a team that should be in our current position. A relegation fighting Woking certainly ensured that we are forced to really consider if we are even ready for a shot at running for promotion, let alone potentially making it to League One. Make or break time for Rovers.

28th March 2015
League Two

Mar20-f.png

Looking for a quick way to not only shut up the critics but also the doubts in their own minds we went toe to toe with Promotion rivals Carlisle in a thrilling Eight goal draw. In the end a point was a fair result but we certainly left it late to gain a share of the spoils with Adams continuing an impressive run of form with a late winner. With nine goals conceded in two games, hopes of an incredible automatic promotion are fading fast.

March 2015
League Two

Mar20.png

I've got no idea how but somehow we remain rooted to the second place spot in the league despite showing signs of what caused us to be embroiled in a relegation dog-fight last season. This is truly bizarre. With Stevenage being the only team in the top half of the table seemingly able to actually put a run of victories together they have all but ensured a spot in League One next season, whilst the chasing pack seem unable to put together any kind of push for a wide open promotion spot.

The footballing gods are truly watching over Tranmere this season.

Loving this story mate, inspiring me to do something similar and I reckon you'll have enough to go up!

Thanks very much Carpo, best of luck if you do go for it!

April 2020

Apr20-z.png

4th April 2020
League Two

Apr20-a.png

The crucial penultimate month gets underway with a match against one of our closest rivals for an automatic promotion spot, Walsall. The Saddlers certainly looked more like a League One outfit then we ever did, taking control of the first half despite a brief sign of a fight-back from promising winger, Connolly. That loss puts our hopes of automatic promotion well and truly in the balance.

10th April 2020
League Two

Apr20-b.png

Play-off chasing Accrington are next up and the boys are keen not to let this well and truly slip out of their fingers, bouncing back from a potentially morale breaking loss with a one sided victory that once again put the critics in their place. An automatic spot is back in our hands.

14th April 2020
League Two

Apr20-c.png

A struggling Bury side shouldn't have caused us too much of a problem but the pressure seems to be affecting the boys at the business end of the season and it took another influential appearance off the bench from Panayiotou to ensure that we at least take a point from a surprisingly tough game.

18th April 2020
League Two

Apr20-d.png

Portsmouth are well in the race for the play-off spots and it seems that we proved to be well matched to the fallen club as despite an end to end game, neither side could find the back of the net a result that doesn't help either side in their race for promotion but non the less we atleast left the game with some re-assuring news.

Apr20-18th.png

April 2020
League Two

Apr20.png

We might have secured our place in the play-offs but our spot in the all important automatic places has fallen out of grasps with just two games remaining. With a large break between now and the final duo of fixtures we have plenty of time to try and rally but with the race now between just Yeovil, Carlise and ourselves for the final automatic spot, the wait is going to be agonizing.

Cheers Godfish! I certainly had everything crossed for this one!​

An unexpected turn around of a season, A squad seemingly brimming with ability and an opportunity to automatically reach new highs in League One.

It all boils down to these two games.​

May 2020

May20-1z.png

2nd May 2020
League Two

May20-a.png

With everything to play for the boys shrug off a huge wait on their shoulders to put on a ruthless display against York. Left-back Doherty is a surprise showing on the score-sheet as he tucks home a rare goal, whilst Junior Mondal puts the icing on the cake with a goal just one minute from time. With the league as close as it is that goal could prove to be all important.​

May 2020
League Two

May20-1.png

One game down, One to go and we are back in the driving seat. Just. In the end it is only Yeovil that narrowly slip up, drawing their game to give both us and Carlisle back into the fray. The entire race for this final place is getting incredibly tense, squeaky *** time in the heart of Liverpool.

Much like last season it all comes down to this final game... with one small difference.

We've gone from being on the cusp of Non-League football to a potential place in League One.

Football is a funny old game.

May 2020

May20-2z.png

9th May 2020
League Two

May20-b.png

Thirty minutes down and Nathan Oduwa slams us into League One. With all to play for and two clubs eager to take over at any potential slip up the boys put on a display that proved just how much they have earned this, holding their nerve to secure the three points and an incredible promotion to go with it.​

May20-3.png

May 2020
League Two

May20.png

I'm genuinely amazed.

Its far to say that up until Tranmere turned to me in their desperation, I had been compleyley and utterley useless as a manager. Two season with the Rovers and we've gone from bottom feeders to a League One outfit. I'm a little bit proud of myself.

This is a strange feeling.

Congrats mate, what an achievement! Especially after all the tough times, amazing perseverance!

Congrats man, brilliant achievement! What are you hoping for next season?

Yes! Great season. Congrats.

Now comes Portsmouth, with a bottom League Two squad, offering a contract for more money... That'd be annoying.

Thanks Patrick, it certainly seems worth it for now!

Cheers fishy. I'm thinking alot of one-sided games and a familiar relegation battle...on second thoughts I don't want to go up!

Literally just survival AW190. As a Derby fan, I know all too well what getting promoted to early can do to a team. Truth be told I'm slightly nervous! Thanks for the support!

We made it Deathball! I actually achieved something! Heck even I'm half expecting it to be honest, wouldn't complain about a wage hike though!

Its been a season of huge change not just for the club but also myself and I wasn't the only thing to transform this year...

man1.png
man2.png
man6_1.png
Pep GuardiolaJose MourinhioJoachim Low
Bayern MunichChelseaAtletico Madrid
£165,000 per week£145,000 per week£105,000 per week

For only the second time in my career there is a change in the top three earners.

Ladies and Gentlemen please welcome German legend, Joachim Low to the list of elite managers.

Leaving us on a high is a defiant Rafa Benitez.

The Spaniard carved out a legacy of his own at Madrid, managing the egos of the Galacticos back to the top of European football. Having seemed to reach the peak of management in his home country the former Liverpool manager still had one last challenge to master in order to become a National legend, leaving the Bernabeu behind to take over as the manager of the Spanish National Team.

That is how you bow out on a high.

Replacing him comes a former World Cup winner in the shape of Joachim Low. Ironically taking over at Real's bitter rivals Atletico, he becomes the third highest earner in the game despite earning forty grand less then Rafa, non the less he remains a world away from my respectable earnings with plucky Tranmere...

Man0.png
Derby Jack
Tranmere Rovers
£850 per week

Through the course of my greatest season to date I have picked up a rise of one hundred pounds...Every little helps.

Non the less its been an incredible and hopefully ground breaking season for myself.

Having met the boards target by narrowly avoiding relegation last season I finally earned a bit of respect in the beautiful game but that was apparently only just the beggining. Determined to move away from a potential relegation dog fight the boys went into overdrive, smashing us into League One and earning us all a hefty boost to our reputation.

My new found success certainly didn't go unnoticed...

19-20-Job.png

19-20-Job3.png

19-20-Job2.png

19-20-Job1.png

With Plymouth, Crewe and Shrewsbury all based in League Two I could potentially find myself returning back to the League I only just vanquished should they be able to offer me any more money then what the Tranmere board can potentially stump up.

Truth be told I'm holding out hope that the board that finally gave me my big break will be able to splash their new found cash to keep me at the club.

Time to see where the money takes me!​

Tranmere.png

This is going to be a challenge...

The club has been promoted way before any one linked to it had any clue that it was even possible and now finds itself thrown into a daunting season in League One.

Meanwhile I am due to spend the majority of the off-season attending interviews for seemingly every available job in League Two, whilst also trying to do my best for the club in the transfer window.

Tran20-OUT.png

A host of players are cut adrift as their contracts come to an end.

A host of surplus midfielders are the main bulk of the leavers with Mendez-Liang and an injury prone Palmeiro being the only two players that ever truly featured for the club over the course of the last two seasons.

None of the departing players were capable of playing any role in the coming season, a long way short of League One standard and will not be missed by the club for their potentially bright future.

With space cleared its time to build on our miraculous season.

A League One squad must be assembled!

Tran20-IN.png

Tran20-a.png
Cost: £40k

With a transfer budget of over Two Hundred thouand pounds we certainly have the ability to build a strong squad for the coming season and waste little time bringing in Gillingham's Central Midfielder Forster-Caskey. The Twenty-Six year old will add a level head to our three man group in the middle of the park.

Tran20-b.png
Cost: Free

Once again I return to a former club and snap up Finnish left-back Joonas Sundman. With his contract running out with the Pirates I went straight into action to bring him back under my wing. He will be surviving mainly as back-up for the for-seeable future but certainly has the potential to break into the first team.

Tran20-c.png

Remember previously when I said I have literally signed players based solely on the fact that they have a cool name? DJ Buff was destined to join my team. The former United prospect has fallen down the rankings of late but with his pure pace and tricky flair the left winger is set to dazzle the fans at the Tranmere Stadium.

Tran20-d.png

I've always been a fan of the England trialist game to pick up some potential signings in the lower leagues and Welsh striking prodigy John Williams certainly made it worth the trip. With a lethal finish for his age, the former Canary will be looking to jump-start his career in League One as my back-up striker.

Tran20-e.png

Defensive partnership, Clarke-Salter and Satka have formed a solid pairing thus far but with Clarke-Salter unable to last an entire ninety minutes before collapsing in a pile of sweat and tears we need a suitable replacement from the bench and in comes the impressive Danny Kane.

Tran20-f.png
Cost: £72k

The biggest signing of my entire careers comes in the shape of American midfielder Douglas Bentley. Having forged a career for himself in Italy hes made the leap across to English football and with some impressive mental abilities and the Physical ability of a marathon runner he should be able to pull the strings for the entire game.

Tran20-g.png

Becoming the third American midfielder in the team, the crazily named, Ezechukwu Ebuzeome will readily add some depth to the center of the park. Not quite of the same level as compatriot Bentley he has a long way to go, in order to reach his level but some appearance from the bench will quickly aid his development.

A productive window.

There was potential for this window to be a complete disaster as I panicked, splashing the money and bringing in a host of desperate players, fortunately I think I avoided a potential mine-field.

We've brought in some impressive players to the squad and have some ready made first-team starters in the ranks but truth be told I'm putting the majority of my faith in the players that pulled the club into League One.

They deserve this opportunity.​

Just sat and read 14 pages, great story, loving it so far. Can we get a pick of the 1st team formation and XI lineup at season start and post-window?

Can t wait to see if you stay at Tranmere or move on...

Wow thanks very much wkdsoul. I don't see why not provided I remember! I'm actually a couple of seasons ahead so will have to update them when I catch up. Thanks again!

Preseason
2020/21

Before getting into the pre-season my entire future at Tranmere was put under the spot light as a number of clubs came in to offer me a role at their clubs.

Given that, I'm supposed to be a money grabbing, hard-nosed, non sentimental mercenary of a manager I was fully expecting to see what kind of wages would be put on the table to see me leave the newly promoted club.

As it turns out I need not have bothered...

Pre20-Reject1.png

Pre20-Reject2.png

Pre20-Reject3.png

Truth be told I didn't even get a sniff of what their wages would potentially have been but seeing as how all three are still stuck in League Two I was quietly happy that I failed so miserably and my quiet joy was soon rewarded...

Pre20-Con.png

I love this board.

Despite not being willing to open discussions on a new contract with a full season still remaining on my current one, they didn't let me down.

Having stuck with me through a relegation battle, they gave me their full backing to create a promotion winning squad and without me knowing, I even managed to trigger a Promotion wage increase, pushing my weekly wage to that magic one thousand mark.

Every-things working out quite nicely.

Pre20-z.png

11th July 2020
Friendly

Pre20-a.png

Not the most encouraging of performances for a supposed League One side as we struggle to a draw against our tiny feeder club Maidstone. Given their non-league status I fully expected the boys to run out comfortable winners and showcase their worth for a spot in the squad....clearly not.

22nd July 2020
Friendly

Pre20-b.png

My disappointment lasts only until the next fixture as the boys wake up from their much deserved holidays to smash home three goals past League Two's Cheltenham. Striker Panayiotou seems detemined to prove his worth with young upstart John Williams now arriving in the club to steal his potential spot on the bench.

29th July 2020
Friendly

Pre20-c.png

Anything you can do I can do better. John Williams has no sooner made himself at home in the dressing room then he duly goes and smashes in an impressive brace. The race for the back-up spot upfront has never looked stronger. It looks like we could have an interesting competition between these two.

1st August 2020
Friendly

Pre20-d.png

Having played against nothing but lower league opponents we upped the stakes with style for the last game of the season going up against Premier League giants, Man City. As it stands we managed to give last seasons runners up a run for their money with only a De Bruyne goal proving to be enough to split the two teams.

Last edited:

August 2020​

Aug20-z.png

8th August 2020
League One

Aug20-a.png

We kick things off in our new league with a disappointing loss to the Hatters. Luton have not long been in the League themselves but certainly made sure we where welcome in style securing a one goal victory with only a red card for debutant Bentley going to show the frustrations felt by the boys.

11th August 2020
Capital One Cup - 1st Round

LC20-a.png

We are quickly thrown into the League Cup and once again its a quick exit for one of my teams. I've yet to pick up any victories in the competition and Chesterfield certainly made sure I wouldn't buck the trend smashing home three goals in a one sided game with the boys picking up another red card already.

15th August 2020
League One

Aug20-b.png

With things not exactly getting off to the best of starts, it was a welcome relief to see left winger Connolly tuck home a winner against Coventry with just four minutes remaining. The fallen Sky Blues look a long way short of returning to their former glories.

18th August 2020
League One

Aug20-c.png

Our third red card and our second center back to be sent from the field already. I've not instructed the boys to be any more aggressive but it seems that in their eagerness to prove their worth in the division they might be getting a bit carried away, fortunately a goal from new signing DJ Buff saved a point with the last kick of the game.

22nd August 2020
League One

Aug20-d.png

Having thrashed us in the League Cup the Spirites pull off another display against Rovers to secure the victory. The game was a world away from the one sided affair in the Capital One Cup and we can certainly feel slightly hard done by to not come away with anything from the game, conceding two late goals that rocked the team.

29th August 2020
League One

Aug20-e.png

The disappointing victory doesn't last long on the memory as we pull off an impressive two goal victory over a strong Bolton side. The Trotters are looking for a quick return back up the leagues following their fall from grace but look set to join a host of other fallen top flight sides now languishing in no-mans land.

August 2020
League One

Aug20.png

A mixed but positive start from Tranmere has us quickly push away any thoughts of being dragged immediately into a relegation dog-fight and see's us sit comfortably in mid-table. End the season right now. I'll take this without question.

September 2020​

Sep20-z.png

1st September 2020
Johnstone's Paint Trophy North - First Round

JPT20-a.png

The Johnstone's Paint Trophy has had little impact upon our seasons thus far and it certainly has never been troubled by any team I managed yet a narrow victory over League Two's Barrow certainly fueled the dreams of being able to scopp up some long awaited silverware already.

5th September 2020
League One

Sep20-a.png

Back to the league and its another important point for Rovers. Oduwa has adapted to life in League One very well, leading the team from the front and pulling off his usual tricks to salvage some points already. If things continue like this we're going to have a very positive season.

12th September 2020
League One

Sep20-b.png

As if they knew I was beggining to get ahead of myself, Oldham quickly set about returning us back to normality. A goal within the first half hour rattled the boys, with us only able to set about trying to fight-back when they went down to ten men. Unfortunatley despite the advantage we struggled to find a route to goal being forced to accept an unwelcome home defeat.

15th September 2020
League One

Sep20-c.png

Brighton are another club that seemed destined for the top flight before eventually spiralling down to League One but the Seagulls atleast look like they could mount some form of fight-back this season. A narrow one-goal victory could prove crucial to their efforts.

19th September 2020
League One

Sep20-d.png

Another fallen giant, this time in the shape of one of the biggest West Midland clubs, Birmingham. Unlike Brighton, the Blues are very much still in free-fall sitting uncomfortable above the foot of the table with the team seemingly falling apart at the seems. A point a-piece did little to help either team avoid a relegation dog-fight in the future.

26th September 2020
League One

Sep20-e.png

From two former Championship sides, to our fellow promoted side, Stevenage. Showing just how random this division can be, the League Two title holders have shot to the top of the table in rapid fashion and already look set to repeat the feat and charge head long towards the Premier League. A two goal victory ensured they remained well in the race.

September 2020
League One

sep20.png

A month without a victory in the League and we've spiraled down the table keeping company with yet more fallen Championship sides. The league is proving to be a tight run thing already. Any slip ups at this stage could prove extremely costly even at this point of the season.

League One is brutal.