October 2020​

Oct20-z.png

3rd October 2020
League One

Oct20-a.png

Following what could prove to be a rather damaging month, the boys respond in style. With the familiar face of Oduwa leading the way, we tore into a sloppy Walsall side, making the most of some sloppy mistakes to tuck home three important goals and give us a well deserved victory.

7th October 2020
Johnstone's Paint Trophy North - Second Round

JPT20-b.png

Wigan have been struggling in League One of late but they are at least in the race for one title as they proceed in the Johnstone's Paint Trophy by securing a narrow one goal victory to relieve the pressure on young Dutch manager Eljero Elia at the DW Stadium.

10th October 2020
League One

Oct20-b.png

Fresh from the defeat in the cup and we are thrust into what could prove to be a relegation six pointer against fellow struggling side, Cambridge. In the end a point a piece is all that either team can muster, which helps neither side make an early escape from the fierce fight at the bottom.

17th October 2020
League One

Oct20-c.png

Scoring three quick fire goals to fly into what seemed a commanding position in first half seemed like the perfect start but In disappointing style, The Posh fought back in style leaving it to the final minute to secure a dramatic draw and send us back to Liverpool with just a point. Not a good atmosphere on the team coach back.

20th October 2020
League One

Oct20-d.png

Three draws in a row is hardly the type of form that will see us rise up the table but non the less we are showing that we can make a go of it against all the teams in this division. A goal-less draw at The Tranmere Stadium hardly thrilled the crowd but I was secretly happy to secure a clean sheet against a potentially dangerous side.

24th October 2020
League One

Oct20-e.png

Notts County have started to mount a slow burning push up the tables recently but look set for another season in League One following their slow start to the season and an own goal combined with a thunderbolt just ten minutes from time from my favourite crazily named winger, DJ Buff ensured it would be an even more painful start to their season.

31st October 2020
League One

Oct20-f.png

Barnsley have the potential to be a title winning club this season but look a long way off their true potential managing to only muster a late goal against some one way traffic from the mighty Tranmere. DJ Buff makes it two in two, whilst a rare appearance from Panayiotou is rewarded with a well taken finish to secure our fifth unbeaten game and out first back to back victories in the league.

October 2020
League One

Oct20.png

Having put down some impressive form this month we have shot back up the table at neck breaking speed to resume our comfortable position in the middle of the table. If we can keep this going we should be set for a very productive season once again.

Last edited:

November 2020​

Nov20-z.png

8th November 2020
FA Cup - 1st Round

FAC20-a.png

Aside from promotion last season, the only other credible point on my career sheet was the fact that I'd managed to take every team to the third round of the FA Cup and a big money pay-day to go with it. Former club Bristol Rovers certainly put a solid end to that trait demolishing us with ease from the depths of the Vanarma National League. I seriously am starting to hate the Gas.

14th November 2020
League One

Nov20-a.png

Fresh from a humiliating defeat in the cup we are thrown into a tie against a struggling Wigan. With neither side going into the game brimming with confidence it proved to be a nervy affair, both teams scoring a goal each within the first Twenty minutes before settling for a point towards the final whistle.

21st November 2020
League One

Nov20-b.png

Looking to get back to their encouraging start to the season, Rovers welcome Blackpool to the stadium and proceed to destroy the Sea-siders with a four goal demolition as left winger Connolly takes it upon himself to guide the club back to the kind of form that saw them go unbeaten last month.

28th November 2020
League One

Nov20-c.png

Fresh from a whitewash in the previous game, hopes where high that we could climb even higher towards the standings with a tie against lowly Rochdale but it was a quick return to the reality of being the new boys as we struggle to even claim a point courtesy of a thunderbolt from midfield general Charlee Adams.

November 2020
League One

Nov20_1.png

So with another unbeaten month under our belts we've risen another two places in the table and now sit just outside the race for the play-off spots. With the season now well underway, it appears we might have more then just beginners luck on our side this season. We might actually be capable of holding our own in the League.

I had to say if you can get promotion would be too soon for your team but not for you! XD Its funny how you thing normally "no his squad aren't good enough yet for promotion" and now you're "oh that is good for his CV"

This is an interesting story to read! Looks like you've hit a nice bit of form with that last month, keep the good work and story up! :)

Great read so far, until the Tranmere move I was screaming out for some senior signings (over 20's anyway). I'm a big fan of youth also but the slightly older players seem to ave settled your side nicely!! Keep going bro!!

Just read through this from start to finish and it makes me want to start my own career from the depths once more and share it on here. Honestly mate simply fantastic when it would have been easy, many times, to just turn the game off and leave it hidden somewhere nobody would ever find it!

Me too Nnicod was waiting to get destroyed this season but we seem to be on one **** of a roll so far

Thanks very much Luke. Fingers crossed

I know Pricey, I'm sorry! I just panic in the lower leagues and snap up anyone the Premier League has chewed up in the hopes they'll drag us and themselves back their...It's not effective.

Wow thanks very much t-mase. You sum up my career thus far very well. Until about the tenth page it doesn't make very comfortable reading...or playing. Here's hoping you do make one, I love a good Lower league story! Appreciate the support, means alot!

December 2020

Dec20-z.png

Before the month even gets underway I am greeted with an early Christmas present from what is certain to be my favourite board of the career so far...they don't exactly have stiff competition though.

Dec20-Con1.png

Dec20-Con2.png

A three hundred pound a week increase pushes me one step closer to earning enough to at least look at the menu in the type of restaurants Pep and Jose have become accustomed to but before I can start to revel in my new riches I have to improve upon our two month long unbeaten spree that earned me the wage increase.

Time to prove I'm worth it.

12th December 2020
League One

Dec20-a.png

We went into a tie against a strong Preston Side brimming with confidence but we under-estimated the ability of Ian Wright. Living up to his Arsenal legend name-sake, Wright single-handedly turned the tide of game, netting an impressive hat-trick to seal the victory despite the best efforts of our own Panayiotou. The board might be regretting that contract now...

19th December 2020
League One

Dec20-b.png

When we concede goals we certainly make sure we do it full heartily. Wycombe like Rovers are defying the critics to sit near the top of the table and the two clubs punching above their weight certainly kept swinging, playing out a six goal thriller to share the spoils in a thrilling game.

26th December 2020
League One

Dec20-c.png

MK Dons are without a manager having opted to sack their head-coach following a sloppy start to the season and they certainly look like a club on the verge of a dramatic collapse. Following a tight first-half we held our own to eventually turn on the style in the second, securing a neat victory to turn our Christmas period around.

28th December 2020
League One

Dec20-d.png

We round off the year with another impressive victory, this time over Gillingham. Having shot into a three goal-lead the boys made sure not to repeat the feat that saw them drop points to Peterborough in October, holding them at bay to pick up another three points. The unbeaten run might be over but we're certainly not going to rest on what we've earned already.

December 2020
League One

Dec20.png

Despite losing our first game since September the boys rally to hold on to our impressive ninth place in the league. With League One holding no fewer then six spots that could potentially earn promotion we are just on the edge of breaking into an impressive race for the play-off spots.

We're making League One look easy.

Last edited:

Tranmere.png

Things are going from strength to strength for the Rovers as they remain high in the table with the business end of the season fast approaching.

With loyalty to the players seemingly crucial to the reformed players and morale coursing through the squad, I was reluctant to make any changes but when a certain someone was offered to me, I just couldn't resist.

Jan20Tran-OUT.png

Before I set about bringing in my new star, I had to clear some space.

With the wingers of the club crucial to our performances I was keen not to let morale slip and with Junior Mondal starting to question when he was going to get some game time, I opted to avoid any lasting confrontation and instead sent him packing from the team, joining York for a nice Eighteen thousand pounds.

With a space to fill and a genuine star ready to join the club I quickly made my move.

Jan20Tran-IN.png

Jan20Tran-a_1.png
Cost: Free

A star! All be it a rapidly falling one.

Having played out this entire contract with Fenerbache, Potugese winger Nani has found himself back in the job market and unable to land a role back with Europe's elite. With all the movement and grace of a double-decker bus its not hard to see why the Thirty Four year old was overlooked but with the technical ability equal to that of anyone in the Premier League and the flair to dance his way into any box he's set to make a huge impact in League One.

The January transfer window has never been too much of a distraction for me but with the arrival of former Red-Devil Nani to the squad it certainly opens up the options of signing up even more aging stars who have dropped off the radar.

Massive signing mate, congratulations! He could net a handful of free kicks too!

Me too Deathball, couldn't believe he would stoop this low though!

Thanks Patrick! He's been put as my lead set-piece taker for free-kicks, corners and penalties!

Cheers Nnicod, he sure does technically.

January 2021

Jan20-z_1.png

2nd January 2021
League One
Jan20-a_1.png

The boys are on a real roll now, losing just one game in three months, the morale and the belief in the squad is at a peak and the football on the pitch is certainly showing it. A hat-trick from Oduwa gives us an unexpected comfortable victory over a table topping Luton. We're proving we can beat anyone in the league on our day.

9th January 2021
League One
Jan20-b_1.png

Another three goal victory as we make easy work of a struggling Coventry. The Sky Blues are getting beaten down in League One and the boys had no mercy. Oduwa grabs another goal for his impressive record whilst winger Connolly improves upon his credible start to his career at Tranmere bagging a well taken brace.

16th January 2021
League One
Jan20-c.png

Our impressive run of victories comes to an end as we draw against a mid-table Carlisle. Putting on a convincing display they were unlucky not to run out winners, with Douglas Bentley scoring a thunderbolt of a goal to salvage the point late into the second half.

23rd January 2021
League One
Jan20-d_1.png

The draw certainly seemed to knock the team and they went into an important game against promotion contenders Chesterfield, looking a shadow of their former selves. The Spirites certainly took advantage with only Young Welsh striker John Williams putting any resilience netting a rare brace to give the fans something to cling on to.

30th January 2021
League One
Jan20-e_1.png

With our form making a dramatic decline we bounce back in rapid fashion, squeezing past a determined Bolton. With the game seemingly headed for a draw it took a late goal from young American midfield prodigy, Ebuzoeme to take us back to winning ways in the most dramatic of fashions.

January 2021
League One
jAN20.png

With a minor blip in the middle of the month the boys still manage to show plenty of fight and determination to enter the promotion race, clawing their way yet closer to the play-offs, with just a point separating them and the potential to leave League One at the first attempt.

Back to back promotions anyone?​

Great stuff mate!
Nani looks great for League One and on a decent wage too!

Thanks Seano. He should be real good but given that I relied primarily on pace down the flanks I might need to tweek the tactics to get the best out of him.

February 2021

Feb20-z_1.png

6th February 2021
League One

Feb20-a_1.png

In what would prove to be a demoralizing run of form from the Rovers we kick off the month with a disappointing loss to Fleetwood. Given that they were the only club between us and a play-off spot it was a damning result to say the least, perhaps I was being way too confident in our promotion hopes?

9th February 2021
League One

Feb20-b_1.png

A struggling Oldham are the next to add on the misery as they ****** a two goal victory with their only two shots on target of the entire game. Oduwa has picked up a minor injury of late which could explain the lack of goalmouth action but with Panayiotiou and Williams both more then capable of finding the net at this level the results are still disappointing to say the least.

13th February 2021
League One

Feb20-c_1.png

Another loss to what could have been a potential rival for the play-off spots. We held our own in the first half against what proved to be a very strong Brighton side but the Seagulls certainly made the most of a rare dominant spell to tuck home the only goal of the game and condemn us to our third straight defeat. Despite the recent collapse it seems my early over-achieving has resulted in some keen interest.

Feb20-offer.png

20th February 2021
League One

Feb20-d_1.png

So with a table-topping Luton potentially interested in my services it was hard to concentrate in a tie against a struggling Birmingham. The Blues have former Aston Villa striker, Rudy Gestede in their ranks and the giant forward predictably smashed home a bullet of a header as I sat on the bench dreaming of a short-cut to the Championship. After the whistle however I was given a quick reminder of why I should have remained focused on my boys.

Feb20-offer2.png

Feb20-newcon_1.png

27th February 2021
League One

Feb20-e_1.png

Having just renewed my contract only two months ago I was surprised to see the board so keen to keep me that they renewed my contract on the spot and gave me another two hundred pound increase to go with it. To reward the boards undoubted faith in me and to more importantly get us out of this horrendous run of form we put on a showcase of a display, netting two goals against former pace setters, Stevenage with a first goal for new star signing, Nani.

February 2021
League One

Feb20_1.png

A horrific month saw us wrack up four defeats in rapid succession but with a new contract came a return to form. With the boys rattled and self belief now leaking out of the club we find ourselves back down into the relative safety of mid-table. Its disappointing to be out of the play-off race but I can't complain given our impressive stature in this new league.​

March 2021​

Mar20-z_1.png

2nd March 2021
League One

Mar20-a_1.png

With February seemingly bringing our play-off push to an end it was going to need one **** of a fight-back to put us in with a shout. A one-goal victory over our fellow mid-table side Walsall however gave us the perfect start to any kind of push as a goal from young John Williams sealed the win.

6th March 2021
League One

Mar20-b_1.png

Cambridge are down in a relegation dog-fight this season but sure looked like they had enough to secure their place in League One as they open the scoring and deservedly take a share of the spoils as we fight back to claim a goal against the run of play. Williams is certainly making an impact from the front.

13th March 2021
League One

Mar20-c_1.png

Peterborough find themselves rooted to the bottom of the table and look set to make an unwelcome return to League Two. Winger Doherty opened the scoring within ten minutes and midfield general Charlee Adams sent home another bazooka of a shot in the second half to send the Posh one step closer to relegation.

16th March 2021
League One

Mar20-d_1.png

Another tie against a relegation candidate should have seen us pick up another victory but Colchester certainly weren't prepared to go down without a fight. The U's deservedly took the lead and it took a goal with effectively the last kick of the game from the ever reliable Connolly to secure us a point.

20th March 2021
League One

Mar20-e_1.png

Notts County like ourselves are keen to try and muster themselves for a push towards the play-offs but it was Rovers that where to take a giant leap forwards as they smash home two second half goals to end the Magpies fight and send us back into the fray at the same time. The push is back on.

27th March 2021
League One

Mar20-f_1.png

Rounding off another impressive unbeaten month and our return to the play-offs is a three goal victory over yet another relegation fighting side, Barnsley. Our midfield made the difference in what could have been a tight game but the in-form Williams put a gloss on the finish with a late goal.

March 2021
League One

Mar20_1.png

From being lost in mid-table to being in our highest position of the season thus far. We've shot into the play-offs with just two months remaining. With the positions up here looking about as tight as a Scottish person's wallet its going to be one **** of a fight to keep us in the runnings for promotion to the Championship.

Here we go.

April 2021​

Apr20-z_1.png

5th April 2021
League One

Apr20-a_1.png

A hugely significant result for the Rovers as we sneak past third place Blackpool to boost us deep into the playoff places.
The Sea-siders have already qualified for the playoffs but based on todays performance they look set to stay their leaving the automatic spots untroubled. If we can beat these guys there's no reason why we can't not only qualify but win.

10th April 2021
League One

Apr20-b_1.png

Having beaten a side set for the play-off race a fixture against lowly Rochdale should have seen us run out comfortable winners but League One seems set to remain consistently inconsistent. A goal at the very start and end of the game from our centre-back pairing of Clarke-Salter and Danny Kane did just enough to salvage an undeserved point.

13th April 2021
League One

Apr20-c_1.png

Ian Wright single handedly demolished the last time we played North End and as the League's top scorer he nearly managed to repeat the feat. Fortunatley his second half leveler was this time calmly dealt with by the squad as American midfielder Douglas Bentley continued his impressive season with a winning goal.

17th April 2021
League One

Apr20-d_1.png

Gillingham gave us a real shock as they dominated the first-half with only the last ditch heroic of Goalkeeper, McCarey keeping us in the game. A second-half fight back soon restored balance however and a goal a piece from lethal finisher Oduwa and aging winger Nani put us back into the points.

21st April 2021
League One

Apr20-e.png

Once again a scrap against a club fighting to avoid League Two next season results in a surprising outcome as we are held to a goal-less draw by a crumbling Wigan. Given that the Latics have the worst defensive record in the entire League it came as a bit shock to not see our usually hungry team find the back of the net at will but non the less we will take another hard earned point.

April 2021
League One

Apr20_1.png

Yet another unbeaten month has us charge even deeper into the play-off spots. With just two game remaining we are mathematically in with a chance at even securing an automatic spot but with the places behind us remaining as tight as ever just securing our position will be the clubs only priority in the final month of my debut in League One.

Awesome. Good luck for the last month and play offs that I hope to see following.

Thanks Fishyfootball!

Cheers Deathball, hope I don't disappoint!

May 2021

May20-z_1.png

1st May 2021
League One

May20-a_1.png

Well we get the first of our two final games of the season underway in less then impressive style. MK Dons have had their own playoff hopes drift out of their control lately but seemed determined to stop our own with a solid display. The result might not have been important but non the less we did manage to reach our goal.​

May20-Playoff.png

8th May 2015
League One

May20-b_1.png

So with the boys crawling over the finish line they collapse in the final game of the season falling to a convincing defeat against fellow play-off contenders Wycombe. I'm going to put this down to being a case of the boys taking welcome opportunity to take a break rather then them completely collapsing with the all important play-offs to come.

So with the main part of the season now over, we look forward to the scary prospect of Playoffs.​

May 2021

May20-z1.png

14th May 2021
League One Playoff - Semi Final 1st Leg

May20-c.png

Having beaten Blackpool twice already this season I was confident when we were drawn against them however a draw at home and more importantly a conceded away goal certainly leaves us looking shaky as we head into the all important second leg at Bloomfield road.​

May 2021

May20-z2.png

21st May 2021
League One Playoff - Semi Final 2nd Leg

May20-d.png

Well that's the dream over.

With us keeping the game narrowly level in the first leg we failed to push on, allowing the Sea-siders to take a firm control of their game in-front of their home crowd. A late goal from Charlee Adam's resotred a glimmer of belief but with just a minute remaining of normal time it proved to be a case of too little, too late.​

May 2021
League One

May20_1.png

So the season is over and what a season it was.

Having just arrived into the league I was fully expecting my squad to be taken apart at this level but I was soon pleasantly surprised as the boys turned it into one of my most successful season's to date. With the disappointment of the play-offs barely registering given our massive success this season, its time to build of our current success and push the club further up the football ladder.​

Great season mate, I suspect another season in League One will be a blessing. You can chase automatic promotion next year!