Very good season indeed. The loss in play offs may be a blessing in disguise, an extra year to make the team closer to Championship level so when you go up the jump isn't too long.

I agree Patrick, was not holding out much hope of success...or points if we did get promoted.

Thanks DeathBall, hopefully we can build on it from here!

A huge step forward for myself this season as I now find myself knocking on the door of the Championship but away from my own minor victory the top three earners have also kept themselves busy.

man1.png
man2.png
man6_1.png
Pep GuardiolaJose MourinhioJoachim Low
Bayern MunichChelseaAtletico Madrid
£165,000 per week£145,000 per week£105,000 per week

Pep might be earning the highest wages but aside from returning Bayern to the top of the Bundesliga and securing a domestic double he remains impotent in Europe once again failing to trouble some of the continents best. Like his fellow high earner, Joachim Low has had a season to forget, guiding Atletico in between Barcelona and Real in Liga BBVA was no small feat but that was the only glimmer of success for a quiet season from the German.

Meanwhile in London, Jose Mourinhio continues to dominate.

A third place finish in the Premier League was the only dent in an otherwise flawless season as he leads the Blues on an invasion of Europe picking up the Champions League trophy, UEFA Super Cup, Club World Cup and a nice little FA Cup to give with it. He might not be the bringing in the most money but Mourinhio is proving to be certainly worth his still huge wages.

It might not quite match Jose's stash of silverware but non the less a play-off place in League One is at least something?

Man0.png
Derby Jack
Tranmere Rovers
£1,500 per week

Over the course of a season and with a host of teams showing their interest, the Tranmere board have increased my wages by a massive five hundred pounds.

Given that I've just about fallen in love with this board and team, it seems my days of hopping around until eventually finding some kind of success has potentially come to an end.

My rise up the footballing pyramid is well and truly under way and apparently I wasn't the only person feeling flush with success and money.

20-21-a_1.png

If I'm set for the big time, it seems Tranmere are gearing up to come with me!

Despite having the least imaginative name in history, The Tranmere Stadium is set to become one of the biggest in League One. The extra income from tickets could prove crucial in our attempts at breaking back into the Championship.

Exciting times ahead...again.

Last edited:

Tranmere.png

With the team having pulled off a huge upset last season and only narrowly missing out on promotion to the Championship courtesy of a heart-breaking play-off defeat, the whole of Tranmere is keen to see if the club can build on their impressive return to League One.

In order to live up to their hopes and mine, the summer transfer window could prove all important.

Tran21-OUT.png

Once again our departures are mainly the results of Contracts coming to an end, with only Forster-Caskey being the only man to command and kind of transfer fee in the window.

Lasting just a season at Tranmere, Forster-Caskey kicks off a sudden exodus of central midfielders as he is joined by Joe Re and Joe Williams out of the exit. The three never once looked like making any kind of impact on the squad and seemed a long way short of potentially being in the Championship.

With the space once again cleared, its time to continue our rapid rise up the leagues with some strong signings...

Tran21-IN.png

Tran21-a.png

Cost: Free

Ethan Robson is the first to arrive at the club and goes a long way to showing just why I shouldn't place all my faith in my scouts. The Twenty-Five year old certainly provides some much needed depth to the now vacated central midfield role but aside some impressive natural fitness the former Sunderland prospect is a long way short from the future Championship star my scouts predicted he would become.

Tran21-b.png

Wingers are crucial to my formation and the arrival of George Cooper certainly adds some strength to that department. Developed from Crewes impressive Youth department, Cooper might not have the pace to blaze down the line but with some solid technical attributes and the work rate of a Caffeine fueled wood ****** he could make all the difference on the left flank.

Tran21-c.png

Last to arrive in a brief spell of activity is hard-nosed midfielder Carl McHugh. The one time Ireland international is one of the hardest men in the game and from his profile picture alone you get the impression that he has just as much ability at kicking in faces as he does goals. Able to play in every defensive position through the middle of the pitch, McHugh is set to be our enforcer in our central trio.

So with the squad low on numbers I was expecting a busy transfer window for myself but when it came down to it the pulling power of lowly Tranmere finally caught up with me.

With barely any League One quality players available I chose to hold my cards close to my chest this season.

If the boys can take us to the brink of the Championship last season, they can certainly do it again now.

Last edited:

Preseason
2021/22​

Pre21-z.png

10th July 2021
Friendly

Pre21-a.png

We get the Pre-Season underway with a comfortable victory over Semi-Pro side, Queens Park. Sitting at the foot of the Scottish Football League anything less then a comfortable victory would have been disappointing, fortunately two first half goals ensured we could travel back home with our dignity intact.

14th July 2021
Friendly

Pre21-b.png

Before we make the short trip across the border we still have one more games to go in the land of Haggis and Irn Bru. East Fife are another who look set to sit a world away from the likes of Celtic and Rangers and Nathan Oduwa showed signs that he is ready to find the back of the net for the coming season as he tucks home the only goal of the game.

18th July 2021
Friendly

Pre21-c.png

Following our mini tour of Scotland we travel back with the Aberdeen team to play out our most impressive result of all. A Penalty and a second-half solo effort from Connolly saw off the Dons as we pick up a strong result against a team that is easily comparable to that of our future competition in the Championship. Strong signs.

21st July 2021
Friendly

Pre21-d.png

Last game of the Pre-Season has us go up against our new Parent club and my childhood team, Derby County. Now a fully fledged Premiership side, The Rams wasted little time in showing us just how far we have to go to become a top tier side in English football as they tuck home a ruthless three goals courtesy of lethal finisher Woodrow.

No way to treat one of their fans.

August 2021

Aug21-z.png

7th August 2021
League One

Aug21-a.png

We get the season underway with a draw against MK Dons. The least popular team in football put on a strong showing, exposing some holes in our team at this early stage already but a fortunate late goal from John Williams ensured we would secure a point in our first game at least. If we're to improve on our position last season we're going to need to improve on this performance.

10th August 2021
Capital One Cup - 1st Round

LC21-a.png

Having never once troubled the League Cup in any shape or form we actually get this one underway with a victory over Hartlepool. Key defender Satka make the difference as he rises highest from a corner to knock home a headed goal. Hopes of an early big money tie are already on the cards.

14th August 2021
League One

Aug21-b.png

Back to the league and its another salvaged draw for Rovers. Barnsley control the majority of the game, tucking home after just ten minutes and deserved much more from their display but a goal against the run of play ensured that we had something to take back to Liverpool.

17th August 2021
League One

Aug21-c.png

With two fortunate points under our belt we make our break through to the form that saw us finish so high last season as we tuck home two quick-fire goals just after the second-half to see off Carlisle. Goals from either side of the pitch saw DJ Buff and Nani both make it onto the score-sheet in fine style.

21st August 2021
League One

Aug21-d.png

Despite suffering a shockingly bad season last year, the Blues of the West Midlands emerged from it as one of the pre-season favorites for promotion. Fortunately for Rovers the former Premier league side seem to be a way off their potential as a goal from Oduwa and one from the bench for his replacement, John Williams ensured we returned unbeaten.

24th August 2021
Capital One Cup - 2nd Round

LC21-b.png

Our hopes of a money spinning tie come to fruition as we welcome Premier League side, Sunderland. The Black Cats seem to be getting things off to a horrific start however, currently pointless in the league and now humiliated by an impressive Tranmere in the Cup. For Rovers the unexpected victory is a huge boost for the club and will certainly sit nicely on my CV.

28th August 2021
League One

Aug21-e.png

Having seen off one of the Promotion favourites with ease in the shape of Birmingham we were confident of going up against another as we welcomed the Seagulls but the former Championship side seem intent on getting back there continuing their winning start to the season with a comfortable victory at Tranmere Stadium.

31st August 2021
Johnstone's Paint Trophy North -1st Round

JPT21-a.png

Despite apparently being on the rampage in the Capital One League Cup, our only real chance of snatching any Silverware from the cups comes in the Shape of the Johnstone's Paint Trophy. A late goal from Nathan Oduwa ensured that we remain in the hunt as we sneak past Port Vale and into the next round.

August 2021
League One

Aug21.png

With a solid start to the season and having only dropped points to a team seemingly already set on promotion it has been a good way to get things back up and running for the boys in League One. With one **** of a standing to live up to last year its going to take more months like this to see us repeat the feat.

September 2021

Sep21-z.png

7th September 2021
League One

Sep21-a.png

Having dumped us out of the play-offs last season, Blackpool continue to make themselves a pain in the **** by putting another three goals past us on their way to a comfortable victory at Bloomfield Road. Given that Nani had put us into a commanding position in the first half I was sensing some quick revenge. Apparently not.

11th September 2021
League One

Sep21-b.png

With Blackpool bringing back some painful memories we manage to put those thoughts behind us as we cruise past Rochdale. Two of the seasons early key performers, Cooper and Satka prove to be the difference makers as they both find the back of the net to put us back into the early running's for the play-offs.

14th September 2021
League One

Sep21-c.png

Marchant cannot stop scoring goals against us and much like Blackpool he too is quickly earning himself the ire of the Tranmere faithful. Fortunately two late second-half goals ensured that Yeovils prolific finisher wouldn't steal all the spotlight from the game.

18th September 2021
League One

Sep21-d.png

Having clawed our way back from the humiliating defeat from Blackpool it seemed we might be on course for another solid season but as Pompey tucked their fourth goal past us at The Tranmere Stadium I quickly realised that this might not be another season of smooth sailing to the top spots. Looks like we're going to have to put on the style for this one...

22nd September 2021
Capital One Cup - 3rd Round

LC21-c.png

Having got past Sunderland in the previous round, we are rewarded with a local Derby against heavyweights, Everton. With local pride on the line and a potentially for yet more money in the next round or even a replay, we put everything we had into the game, pushing Roberto Martinez's men all the way with a Mario Gotze goal splitting the difference despite a cooly converted penalty from Connolly.

25th September 2021
League One

Sep21-e.png

Back to the league we needed to bounce back from the Portsmouth defeat and with pride on the line, the boys did not disappoint showing just how good they potentially are. Four seasons after leaving the club it seems that I have actually managed to please the Bristol Rovers fans. Whilst we were repairing our status however the board had a different dilemma...
Sep21-29th.png

Truth be told, I didn't even know the club where in trouble...

Given that the board have given me such a big opportunity and more importantly money I am reluctant to see them go however should the new Suits bring in even more riches then I guess I'm all for it. I just hope they don't replace me anytime soon.

September 2021
League One

Sep21.png

With a very mixed month on the cards we are suitably sitting in mid-table. With a huge amount of games remaining we've still got a long way to go to try and get ourselves back into the running towards the top of the table. With current results though the club seems to dramatically sway between sublime and substandard.

Last edited:
Nice work making it so far in the cup, surprised to see Gotze at Everton! Inconsistent start in the league but plenty of time to move up the table

Thanks Patrick, so was I but given that I read he was linked to Liverpool recently, I guess its not too far from reality? Here's hoping!

Tranmere.png

The season has only just truly got underway but already I'm thrown into a dilemma.

Usual first choice finisher Nathan Oduwa has suffered a lower back stress facture, ruling our usually reliable striker out for nearly three months.

Nothing says faith in your squad like a frantic delve into the loan market. With young John Williams and the rapidly declining Harry Panayiotou in reserve I could have relied on the duo to cover the position but with the mixed start to our season I wasn't going to take any chances.

OctTran-IN.png

OctTran-a_1.png

Cost: £8.75k p/m​

Coming in till January is Watfords, want-away striker Michael Folivi. The Twenty Four year old is eager to leave the Hornets but for now will settle for a brief spell with the Rovers. With a lethal finish and determination that would put even the likes of Wayne Rooney to shame he could make a strong impact in his brief time with the club. A transfer in the January window could certainly be on the cards.

This signing all be it a temporary one could have a permanent result on the outcome of our season.

No pressure Michael.

October 2021

Oct21-z.png

2nd October 2021
League One

Oct21-a.png

With Oduwa sidelined, John Williams is first to step up to the plate and the young striker certainly makes a lasting impression, tucking home two goals to take us past Bolton. With both clubs keen to improve upon their mid-table standing this will be a bitter blow to the Trotters as their promotion bid already looks to be scuppered.

5th October 2021
Johnstone's Paint Trophy North - 2nd Round

JPT21-b.png

Back to our push for a trophy this season and we see off Barrow despite a red card for the hot-headed Carl McHugh. The Ireland international has made an impressive start to his time at Tranmere but his strong determination and more importantly aggression has finally seen him sent to the stands. It was only a matter of time.

16th October 2021
League One

Oct21-b_1.png

Despite the arrival of a new striker it was the heroics of longest serving player, Charlee Adams that made the difference. The midfielder smashed home two trademark long range efforts to turn around a shocking start to the game and help us to secure a well deserved point. Whilst we got down to business on the pitch however the board remained locked in dealings off it.
Oct21-16th_1.png

19th October 2021
League One

Oct21-c_1.png

Cambridge have found themselves in an impressive position so far this season and look set to continue their push for a promotion spot for a while yet as they easily pick up all three points at The Tranmere Stadium. Our home ground was garnering an impressive reputation in the league but it seems to be dwindling fast this season.

23rd October 2021
League One

Oct21-d.png

Following the disappointing defeat we managed to bounce back against recently relegated Charlton. Despite getting off to a shocking start with an own goal within ten minutes we managed to rally for the second half with new boy Folivi making a quick impression with a winning goal just before the final whistle. Not a bad introduction.

26th October 2021
League One

Oct21-e.png

Stevenage suffered a massive collapse last season having shot to the top of the table following their promotion to League One before eventually slumping down to mid-table. The club remain rooted to the same position even now but will be keen to ensure they don't suffer the same end of season implosion. A smash and grab victory against Tranmere goes some way to ensuring they keep up with the pack.

30th October 2021
League One

Oct21-f.png

Since returning to League One, Notts County have been making slow but steady progress up the league and look set to finally make a push for a shot at the Championship. A two goal victory at the increasingly disappointed Tranmere Stadium, went a long way to showing the benefits of a well worked approach to life in this division.

October 2021
League One

Oct21_1.png

Another mixed month see's Tranmere maintain their position locked in mid-table. With the performances towards the end of the month however it seems that even our status here could soon be under threat. Things seem to be quite different from the apparent luck we had in our honeymoon period.

This could be a potential ego bruising season.

Last edited:
I would like keep you in mid-table that will give you some preparing time for your squad building

I think its probably for the best, their are definiley signs that we are along way short of the level expected in the Championship! Thanks Nnicod

November 2021

Nov21-z.png

6th November 2021
FA Cup - 1st Round

FAC21-a.png

Having failed to meet the FA Cup 3rd round for the first time last season the competition has lost its allure to me of late but a superb fight-back from the boys certainly went a long way to show that Rovers are more then willing to throw it all into a potential FA Cup campaign. The only downside is an unwanted replay later in the month.​

9th November 2021
Johnstone's Paint Trophy North - Quarter Final

JPT21-c.png

Our second cup game in as many games see's us cruise into the Semi-Finals following a late demolition job against Crewe. Having let the lead slip, we suddenly burst into lift to smash home three quickfire goals and move one step closer to Wembley. Whilst we dream of lifting a trophy, reality was playing out its own drama behind the scenes...​
Nov21-14th.png

13th November 2021
League One

Nov21-a.png

The Germans have invaded! Arriving from Union Berlin, Dirk Zingler is now the man in charge of my contract and I certainly went a long way to show what he can expect from my tenure as manager with a three goal victory over Oxford. Once again we left it late to secure the victory but a brace from loanee Folivi was no more then the young striker deserved. Meanwhile Zingler was quickly getting to work...​
Nov21-14th3.png

17th November 2021
FA Cup - 1st Round Replay

FAC21-b.png

With the club apparently now swimming in borrowed Money, its never been important to show the new boss why I deserve my fair share of the spoils. Oldham certainly made sure I worked for the cash pushing us all the way but in what has become a trademark for the month a late goal secured our passage to the next round. Apparently Zingler approves...​
Nov21-14th1.png

Nov21-14th4.png

20th November 2021
League One

Nov21-b.png

With a Million pounds in my pocket and a push for Promotion needing to be re-established, the January transfer window cannot come soon enough, however it appears the boys are keen to show that they're not quite out of the running just yet. A smash and grab victory over Fleetwood certainly impressed but apparently it wasn't just the players who where being judged...​
Nov21-28th.png

27th November 2021
League One

Nov21-c.png

In true storybook style the very next game saw me up against my potential future employers. A first-half goal from Folivi proved to be all that we needed to showcase my ability to the watching Bradford board but it turns out that my new German employers were the ones that were truly impressed...​
Nov21-29th_1.png

Nov21-29th1.png

November 2021
League One

Nov21.png

It has been a busy month.

Three victories in the league, one FA Cup campaign, a Semi-Final of the Johnstone's Paint Trophy, a new board, a job offer and a new and improved contract. The life of a Football Managing Mercenary seems to be rather hectic at times. With the board snuffing out a job offer with a new contract for the third time in my tenure at Tranmere I have decided that upon my next potential job, I will make the board sweat until my new employers make me an offer.

I'm getting to comfortable at Tranmere. Mercenary work can't involve feelings!

Last edited:
The Tranmere Borg will assimilate you! Run!

Nice turn of events. Now you can do some good strengthening to be closer to Championship if you make the jump or has less jump to make next season.

Haha too true Death Ball. I'm really enjoying my time at the club but a bit worried that I might never open myself up to any other offers. Thanks again!

December 2021

Dec21-z.png

4th December 2021
FA Cup - 2nd Round

FAC21-c.png

He might be on loan but Folivi is certainly proving his worth for Tranmere as he smashes in no fewer then four goals against Yeovil as we book ourselves back into the Third round of the competition. Having single handedly won us the game it seems I might already have a target for my new German funded transfer budget.

7th December 2021
Johnstone's Paint Trophy North - Semi Final

JPT21-d.png

Another cup game but our superb run in the Johnstone's Paint Trophy has come to a dramatic end. Preston seemed to be keen to make the most of their home advantage and certainly controlled the majority of the game but to their credit the boys never gave up the fight eventually narrowly missing out by just one goal. No Silverware this year.

11th December 2021
League One

Dec21-a_1.png

Just four days later we are back into action at Deepdale and are once again sent packing from the stadium with ease. Having just sneaked into the Final at our expense, Preston made no mistake to repeated the feat in the league as they took all three points in a one sided affair.

18th December 2021
League One

Dec21-b.png

With Preston certainly making life hard for us, we seem to be rather deflated of late and a tie against MK Dons certainly didn't showcase our true ability. With frustrations boiling over, the only thing the team managed to achieve was going down to ten men as the hot-headed Carl McHugh made a return to the sidelines courtesy of his second red-card.

26th December 2021
League One

Dec21-c.png

Back to the safety of home and the poor form seems set to continue. A conceeded goal within just two minutes certainly didn't get us off to the best of starts but we never once looked like coming back from behind. The Gills made the most of a dominant display to secure a comfortable lead and three points to go with it.

28th December 2021
League One

Dec21-d.png

Things have gone from bad to worse. With three defeats now in a row we hoped to bounce back from the shocking display but apparently Plymouth where in no mood to help us out of this slump and instead heaped on the pressure with a four goal demolition job. I bet the Germans are starting to question their acquisition now?

December 2021
League One

Dec21.png

Despite losing every single game in the league we have somehow fallen just one place in the league. Now sitting in the bottom half of the table, we are going to need one **** of a turn around to return to the fight at the top of the table. Fortunately the January transfer window is soon approaching, time to buy my self a promotion push?

Tranmere.png

With out fortunes this season seeming to be long short of what we managed to achieve last season, the new money from the German board could not have come at a better time.

With a transfer window already upon us I have a million pounds burning a hole in my pocket and a season to salvage.

Time to spend big...

Jan22Tran-IN.png

Jan22Tran-a.png

Cost: £200k​

With money flooding through the squad I made my first moves on what would prove to be an expensive window by bringing in Norwegian winger, Martin Samuelsen. He might not be pacey or as skillful as Nani but Samuelsen certainly has enough about him to prove influential across any position in the midfield. Big money for a young utility man.

Jan22Tran-b.png

Cost: £400k

Not only did the Germans bring in the money but they also allowed to scout the rest of Europe and it wasn't long until my scours found a gem in Spain. Having earned a work permit through a lengthy spell in the lower rungs of Spanish football, The Ecuadorian is more then ready to step up the Third tier in England. With a neat eye for a pass and solid all round mental attributes the tiny South American is an exciting prospect for Tranmere.

Jan22Tran-c.png

Cost: £400k

Back to using our new found scouting options in Europe and we snap up Frankfurts young Serbian defender Igor Stepanov. Set for a bright future at a much higher level, Stepanov is a superb addition to what has been a floundering defence this season. He might not have quite mastered the technical side of defending but the the Twenty Two year old's strength and positioning makes him a ready made first-team starter.

Well that money didn't exactly last long.

With three players now joining the squad I certainly spent big to bring them in.

Having so far never spent more then Thirty grand on a player, it seems I might have got a bit carried away with myself but non the less I feel relatively proud of my captures.

Time to see if a Million pounds can buy my way up the table.

You can turn around that form! And decent looking signings

Impressive looking signings, and I'm sure you will come good! This story continues to be a very enjoyable rollercoaster! :)

Thanks Patrick, I hope they can make it at this level. I certainly paid the price for them. Thanks for reading!

I hope so NNicod. Thanks!​

January 2022

Jan22-z_1.png

1st January 2022
League One

Jan22-a.png

Following a horrendous Christmas period we kick off what was hoped to be a fresh start in the new year in optimistic fashion but Oldham soon beat it out of us in a crushing fashion. Despite two goals of our own we never truly looked like troubling the Owls as they easily snatched all three points following a first-half rout.

3rd January 2022
League One

Jan22-b.png

Things are looking decidly wobbly for last seasons play-off contenders but a deserved point against Barnsley at least gave me some hope that this winless streak could soon end. Another goal for the on loan Folivi once again increased his worth to the club but with his loan soon coming to an end and our transfer budget not even reaching half of Watfords current valuation it looks like he's going to be bowing out on a high.

8th January 2022
FA Cup - 3rd Round

FAC21-d.png

Fortunately Oduwa is back! Last seasons top scorer make a welcome return to the fray with a goal in the FA Cup as we go toe to toe with Championship side, Scunthorpe. Despite putting on a second-half fight back the Irons proved to be just that bit too strong for us tucking home a goal immediately after we pulled level to break our spirits and send us out of the competition.

15th January 2022
League One

Jan22-c.png

With only the league now remaining to compete in we looked set to put an end to this streak of defeats against high-flying Birmingham as debutant Martin Samuelsen seemed to make a superb introduction to the fans with what was so nearly the winning goal before a heart-breaking own goal with just five minutes ensured our hapless form remained intact.

22nd January 2022
League One

Jan22-d.png

There was no hope of ending our streak in the next game however as run-away leaders, Brighton romp to an easy victory with a dominant display at the Amex Stadium. We are a long way short of the Seagulls quality, it went one **** of a long way to showing that we are still a world away from the level expected in the Championship.

29th January 2022
League One

Jan22-e.png

Having thrown us out of the play-offs last season, Blackpool have ensured that they continually rub salt into the wound as they make it three defeats in a row against the Seasiders and condemn us to out ninth win-less game in a row. Starting to wish that I had taken a longer look at that Bradford job now...

January 2022
League One

Jan22.png

With the club now failing to win in two months of football we have spiralled down the table to sit just above the relegation zone. This is unfamiliar but expected territory for Rovers. Having defied the critics last season I was keen to show them it wasn't a fluke but it appears our bubble has well and truly burst.

The dog-fight starts now.​

February 2022​

Feb22-z.png

1st February 2022
League One

Feb22-a.png

The tenth straight winless game on the bounce is certainly a painful one as one of the only teams actually below us manage to ****** a victory, throwing Rovers into the relegation zone in the process. Carlisle are hardly going to trouble anyone in the league this season but certainly piled the pressure on for everyone in Tranmere.

5th February 2022
League One

Feb22-b.png

Its finally over and in the most dramatic of fashions. Rochdale seemed to be set to make it a humiliating eleven games without a victory but a late burst of life from the boys finally ended our nightmare run. Left back Doherty smashed home a well worked goal from the left flank, with young Welsh starlet, John Williams bagging the eventual winner with the last kick of the game.

8th February 2022
League One

Feb22-c.png

Things where bleak but we are making progress to repair the damage done over the last few months as another second-half fight back see's off Yeovil. Marchant has scored in literally every game against me so far but for once we finally took the last laugh to claw our way back towards mid-table.

12th February 2022
League One

Feb22-d.png

Portsmouth are also managing to make a meal out of this season but despite being seemingly nearly down and out they still managed to put on a solid display against us holding onto a point through some resilient defending. Given that our own defence is one of the leakiest in the division we could certainly learn a few lessons from Pompeys back line.

19th February 2022
League One

Feb22-e.png

Bristol City are in absolute free-fall. Having slipped out of the Championship last season, they have plummeted to the foot of League One where striker, John Williams put one more nail into the coffin, scoring the only goal of the game after just ten minutes to send both clubs heading in different directions.

25th February 2022
League One

Feb22-f.png

We nearly pulled off another late victory against mid-table Bolton but our usual last minute antics are eventually topped by some never die spirit from the Trotters. With a rare goal for centre-back Stepanov and the ever impressive DJ Buff seemingly killing off Bolton we foolishly switched off with just seconds remaining, gifting Bolton with an undeserved point.

February 2022
League One

Feb22.png

Our form this season continues to swing drastically as a period of winless months comes to end with a near straight reversal of fortunes to put us comfortably away from the Relegation Zone. With just twelve games remaining of the season it might be a bit late to pull off a push for the playoff spots but non the less I remain determined to drag this club back to the cusp of the Championship.

March 2022​

Mar22-z.png

1st March 2022
League One

Mar22-a.png

Our resurgent unbeaten streak remains intact with a lifeless draw against Stevenage. Both clubs arrived into the League at the same time but now both find themselves struggling towards the bottom of the table. With both clubs keen to build on their momentum a push towards the end of the season is very much needed.

5th March 2022
League One

Mar22-b.png

A hard earned but deserved victory keeps the points rolling in. A solid performance across the board made a potentially strong Walsall side look decidedly average with only a last minute goal from the Saddlers doing anything to make the match look competitive at The Tranmere Stadium.

12th March 2022
League One

Mar22-c.png

And thats the end of that. Cambridge are pushing hard for an automatic promotion spot and no unbeaten streak was going to stop them from continuing their charge to the top of the table. A complete white wash of a game that sent the Tranmere fans back to Liverpool with their tails between their legs.

15th March 2022
League One

Mar22-d.png

Charlton are all but set to end the season heading into League Two but managed to pull of a surprising draw against a seemingly shell shocked Tranmere. Martin Samuelsen continues to shine down the flank following his January arrival but despite a dominant second half we couldn't find a breakthrough to the three points.

19th March 2022
League One

Mar22-e.png

The club are in the midst of another worrying wobble already. Notts County are another side who could potentially make their way into the Championship by the end of this season and despite just narrowly missing out on the opportunity ourselves it seems we are now a world away from repeating the feat.

26th March 2022
League One

Mar22-f.png

Crisis averted. The winless streak is capped off very early as we pull off a stylish second half to rise above a plucky Oxford side. The ever reliable Charlee Adams is somewhat of a club icon at Tranmere and with his trademark thirty-yard screamers and tireless work rate its not hard to see why he is so popular.

March 2022
League One

Mar22.png

A mixed month means that we rise just the one place as we barrel towards the end of the season. With just six games left the playoff hopes are well and truly over but despite seemingly headed to a disappointingly low finish I'm still adamant to try and take the club as high as possible this season.

April 2022​

Apr22-z.png

2nd April 2022
League One

Apr22-a.png

With just one month to salvage what remains of the season, we get things underway with a well earned victory over Fleetwood. Winger George Cooper got things underway in style, with Nathan Oduwa ensuring the points with just ten minutes remaining of the game.

12th April 2022
League One

Apr22-b.png

We continue our late push up the table with a fortunate victory over Oldham. The Owls are most certainly capable of upsetting any team in the division but all it took for Rovers to pick up their third victory in a row was a deserved penalty, coolly converted by left back John Doherty. We're forcing our way into the top half already.

15th April 2022
League One

Apr22-c.png

Having walked away from their job offer earlier in the season it seems that Bradford were determined to showcase exactly what I had missed out on In a thrilling tie but despite being reduced down to ten men we still managed to cling onto a point, with the unflappable Charlee Adams defying the odds to net a late equaliser.

18th April 2022
League One

Apr22-d.png

Back to home ground and we seem to have fallen away from our short winning streak as we struggle to break down Plymouth infront of the loyal fans. Until we can start to grind out victories from games like this we aren't going to be making a return to the top end of the table anytime soon.

30th April 2022
League One

Apr22-e.png

From three wins in a row we are reduced down to three draws. Gillingham hit us right between the eyes following the opening whistle with a goal just six minutes into the game but the club atleast seems to be more determined to fight for any point possible as Nathan Oduwa scores a quick reply to maintain our unbeaten run.

April 2022
League One

Apr22.png

With just one solitary game remaining in the season we still have a shot of forcing our way into the top half of the table. With an obscure three way race between ourselves, Preston and Oldham for the last spot in the top half of the table we at least have something to compete for in the last ninety minutes of the season.