April & May will be such difficult for you. Lost VS Inter in CL were normal (with your words). So now your team must win your last games for CL's place for next year.

Can you upload your save ?

I couldn't agree more that this is a perfectly imperfect career!

A third German team eh? You just don't want to miss out on playing Schalke do you? Great escape from relegation once again but you just can't seem to get any momentum going once again can you? Spurs job could've been ideal and saved you from another poor season. Well eleventh isn't too bad I guess.

I can't say that I expected too much when I seen that you had stayed with Gladbach and extended your deal with them but I am pleased to say you surprised me! Managing to grab fourth place after a couple of poor seasons for the club is a great achievement. Reputation on the rise once again. Hopefully I'll be seeing you move again soon.

Markus Terrode looks a player! Almost makes up for the inactivity in the window. Almost. That damned board eh? Great start to the season but what a tough CL draw that is for you! Happy to see you progress through to the knockout stage of the CL despite the tough group you were drawn on. Great work. I didn't think I would be happy to see you knock back a move as I didn't think Gladbach were the team to increase your rep and wage but with the way you have turned things around in the last 18 months I'm glad to see you turn them down. Bit of a shame to miss fourth spot on goal difference but that second half of the campaign wasn't kind on you. YOU WON THE CUP!! Yess DerbyJack! It wasn't even a supercup either!!

Now that I'm finally caught up I must say what a great story, idea and layout this story really has. I love the humour that you add in when you're slagging yourself off haha I have caught up at the best part to as it's a cliff hanger to see if you can get a good move once and for all! Here's hoping.

DerbyJack, what an amazing story! I've just caught up, I read the full story on the last two days. Finally you won a cup! Let's see if it translates into a championship next season, eh?

I think I beat you to the post Animus but i most certainly was! I sure can but it'll be a little bit ahead of where this post currently is if that's alright?

1magine! Thanks so much for the comments, I got your message as well.It means a **** of a lot for you guys to read my complete nonsense.

I can't help but think the Spurs job probably would have seen me in with at least a slim chance at finishing this career thanks to the Premier League's bit money wages but i can certainly take some solace from having Terrode. He is certainly a star in the making. The big-boys are already circling for him.

I couldn't believe I actually won something outside of Belgium!

Thanks again! Really appreciate it!

Cheers RoamingHydra! Hope it wasn't too tortuous reading through it! I hope you are right!

With a cup trophy finally in my hands and my contract with Gladbach drawing to a close I awaited the job offers to flood into my inbox as I look to make a return to the top of the footballing pyramid.

I was not disappointed...
3233-1.png

3233-2.png

3233-4.png

With job offers from three of the biggest clubs in France, England and Portugal landing on my desk just days into the off-season, it looks like my career is about to take a giant stride forwards.

These Gents best be on their toes...

Man14.png
Man17.png
Man18.png
Roberto MartinezThomas TuchelRodolfo Arruabarrena
Manchester UnitedManchester CityChelsea
£91,000 per week£91,000 per week£89,000 per week

The English top-flight trio all enjoyed a relatively solid season with Martinez narrowly missing out on the Premier and Champions League trophies, finishing runner up in both competitions whilst his cross-town rival Thomas Tuchel continued his sensational start to life in the Etihad.

A Domestic Cup double ensured the German would appease the trigger-happy City board but the rising star of football continued his sensational start to his City career as he led the Blues to the Champions League trophy for the first time in the clubs long history.

For new boy, Arruabarrena he matched the debut of the untouchable Tuchel as he led the Blues to the Premier League title at the first time of asking. Stamford Bridge will be hoping he continues to remain hot on the heels of the German next season.

With the Premier League seemingly awash with money, my first interview ensured I would miss out on an opportunity at jumping on the bandwagon...
3233-5.png

Despite the disappointment of not being able to follow Klopps footsteps from Germany to Anfield, I had little time to dwell on what could have been back in my home country as offers from around Europe soon followed...
3233-3.png

3233-6.png

Close. But no Cigar.

With both Marseille and Sporting Lisbon unable to offer wages anywhere near what I had hoped for following my Cup heroics I was unable to push their boards up to my exacting demands before the previously stingy Gladbach board made a surprising move...
3233-11_1.png

3233-8_1.png

Man0.png
Derby Jack
Borussia Mochengladbach
£16,000 per week

It might not be the big-money move I expected to the top of the European game but non the less, a pay increase and another shot at trying to conquer the Bundesliga is certainly not to be shrugged at.

A frantic off-season, three crushed dreams and a surprising extension to my stay in Germany ensure a surprising beginning to the forth coming season.

Seventy Five Grand remaining. Three weeks remaining.

Ohh a contact extension eh? Can't blame you for turning down the stingy offers you had on the table there. Not worth the paper they're written on haha ;) A bit of a wage increase and further stay with Gladbach could work out.. Perhaps some European success or even a domestic cup could boost your rep up enough to get a better job. What is your rep currently sitting at? Btw.. have you tried adding yearly wage rises on to any of your deals at all?

New contract ? Good job ! Sporting CP is good club in Portugal and you didn't go in Portugal before.
So in Bundesliga you can make a good season to reach the 3 places at the end.

You can upload here your save also a link with your save (in megaupload, mediafire...)

****. Boards go cheapskate as soon it's not a player they're signing. Booooooo! That calls for a managers strike.

praying for a bundesliga title and for city / chelsea / utd to have a bad season. a great story deserves to end in success!

Amazing story, mate just finished reading all 71 pages. I think you reignited my passion for the game and I am expecting FM17 much more impatiently.

Yeah was really disappointed to be honest would have loved a shot at managing in France or Portugal but it seems the money is most certainly rooted in the Premier League or La Liga right now.

My Current reputation is apparently "Good" which is about 3 stars...its taken me nearly two decades and I'm only "Good"...joy.

I've had a few yearly raises back in the lower rungs but since arriving in the top flight I'm usually just happy to grab as much as I can and run! Thanks again 1magine!

Cheers Animus, would have loved a chance at another European league but I guess it wasn't meant to be. I'll upload next time I get some free time. Should be this weekend hopefully!

I should have gone on strike long before Deathball! That's where I have been going wrong all this time!

I will join you in that one Battman. My hopes are running out! Thanks very much!

Thanks alot cbrood, much appreciated. Glad to hear it, I need some ideas for the new one to be honest!

With my contract signed, the boys poised to return from their summer holidays and another three years signed with the rapidly rising Gladbach, I was gearing up for another pre-season in Germany.

I was not expecting this...
3233-9.png

With my home club left manager-less following Liverpool poaching their manager in the off-season, the pride of the East Midlands threw caution into the wind and made a surprising move for my services just days after putting pen to paper with the club that rejuvenated my career.

Common sense, loyalty even pride should have seen me remain with the club that salvaged what remained of my floundering career.

Shame I lack all three...
3233-10.png

With the Rams making a bold move for a manager with only four trophies to his name and nearly three and a half million pounds making its way to Der Fohlen, there it just one last chance to take a look back at my time with BMG before I make my long awaited return home.

BMG.png

2029/2030
Bundesliga
BMG2930.png

May30.png

With my career in tatters courtesy of a horrific spell with Dortmund, I arrived in Gladbach at the helm of the club suffering a rather similar turn of form. With the club languishing in the relegation zone, we turned our form around as we crawled away back into mid-table despite coming worrying close to losing my job once more.

2030/2031
Bundesliga

BMG3031.png

May31.png

The club built on its incredible escape from the previous season as they cemented their status as a Bundesliga stalwart with a solid if inconsistent season to claim a far more comfortably mid-table finish. With the club very slowly edging its way up the table it seemed my hopes of making a rocketing rise back to the top was going to be a long journey...

2031/2032
Bundesliga
BMG3132.png

May32.png

...Perhaps Not. The Club bursts back onto the European season courtesy of a sensational season from the clubs incredible young talents. With the Bundesliga being blown wide-open, we snuck our way back into the Champions League just one and a half seasons since finding ourselves in the relegation zone as Germanys biggest clubs gave us some much needed lee-way.

2032/2033
Bundesliga
BMG3233.png

May33.png

My final season with the club might have seen us fall one place further down the table but another miserable season for some of the Bundesliga's finest allowed us to claim another spot in Europe despite finishing with nearly ten points less then the previous season with the boys capping their impressive league revival with my first cup trophy.

Having failed to see out a single season in the Bundesliga with both Koln and Dortmund, I finally made a lasting impression in Germany with a resurgent Gladbach.

A surprisingly impressive raise back up the standings, a long awaited cup trophy and even a brief dabble in Europe might just have given me a glimmer of hope of finishing this career on a high.

Time to ruin my reputation, embarrass myself and sabotage my beloved Derby County.

Standard mercenary work.

Wasn't expecting that! Derby are showing a lot of faith in you by splashing the cash for your signature eh? Do they know you? Nahh just kidding good luck with them mate. How have they been getting on?

He's back! good luck on your return. have they given you a nice contract?

So surprising ! A mercenary stay a mercenary :). So what is the derby's team when you arrive and what is this place in league A ?

Derby is an interressting story

I'm sure you will be the Roberto Mancini or Rafa Benitez of Derby County ! :D

Nor was I 1magine, I was just incredibly glad they actually had the money to not make it a heart-breaking rejection. I'm prettu sure they have no idea who I am. I think an instant return to the Championship should give them a reminder.

I am Dave! Better then expected to be honest!

It was indeed Animus, I'll post it all below! Thanks again!

Well atleast its not McClaren I guess? Thanks mbaudrier!

I spent the entirety of my early years scrapping, begging and fighting my way to the English top flight.

It was supposed to be the promised land. The climax of a long and painful career lost in the lower rungs of the beautiful game.

It wasn't.

I was soon sent packing from the entire country, my reputation bruised and battered as the Premier League chewed me up and spat me out in ruthlessly humiliating fashion...
Der.png

Like myself, The Mighty Rams have also been stung by the ruthless Premier League.

The club still hold the unwanted record for the lowest points total in the history of the division but have pushed their way back into the fray to become a stalwart in the World's most famous league.

With a growing reputation, a loyal and passionate fan-base and now the only time-travelling manager in the footballing world at their helm, it's time to push the club and myself towards finally getting even with the English top-flight.

DerCon.png

With just a two year contract in place it seems that despite splashing the cash to land my services, the Derby County board don't quite entrust me with the long term future of their resurgent club. Can't really blame them.

Non the less a return to the Twenty Thousand a week mark is certainly not to be shrugged at and with the entire league seemingly a wash with money, an instant impact with the Rams could see me making a rapid and much needed rise towards the illustrious wages on offer at United, City and Chelsea.

before I can look at raking in the money, there's the small matter of checking on Derby's progress thus far...

DerFix.png

DerStand.png

Not bad.

As a life-long Derby fan just seeing my club residing in mid-table obscurity is a site for sore eyes and with four seasons of solid football under their belts the club has well and truly established themselves as a stable club in the Premier League. Despite their new-found status, the club are still yet to finish in the top-half of the table, If I;m to have any hope of rapidly progressing my career, my role with the club will be to try and push them above the mid-way point and potentially into Europe...

...Relegation and an immediate sacking it is then.

Last edited:
I'm going to predict a 7th place finish first season and a cup final appearance too :)

I hope your right 1magine! You have more faith then I do!

Der.png

Having established themselves in the top-flight the boys had worked their socks off to join their East Midlands rivals in the top flight.

Entering the changing room as a manager whose only history in the league comes in the shape of two failed reigns with clubs who have both gone on to much better things, it was safe to say the boys were not elated at my arrival.

Non the less, despite my less then warm reception I set to work judging my future squad.

DerTeam.png

A strong and experienced squad is now at my disposal.

It's not hard to see why the Rams have been able to cling on to their top-flight status. With solid players in depth throughout the field and a wealth of experience dotted across the team, its a team that finds itself in good shape going into the season ahead.

Despite having a multitude of sturdy players the club only has two real standout exciting players. But boy do they do a good job of getting themselves noticed...
DerStar-1.png

How Derby County ended up with a Spanish International is beyond me. The club scooped up the former Real Madrid youth prospect and soon developed him into one of the leagues best midfielders. At just Twenty Three years old the incredibly talented attacking midfielder now finds himself as one of the hottest prospects in the game with a rueful Madrid keen to bring their former player back home.

DerStar-2.png

I don't think in my entire career, I have ever showcased a talented Goalkeeper but in Martin McKenna the club has one of the most impressive stoppers in the world. The Scottish number one is just Twenty-Five years old but already showcases the talents that should make him a formidable between the sticks for years to come at the top of the footballing ladder.

They might not be completely behind me but I'm certainly positive of our chances together.

With a strong squad, a wealthy board and a daunting Premier League season approaching, I'm determined to prove myself to not just the boys but the entire nation as I make my nervy return to English football.

Time to make myself at home.

Sorry for slowing down so late, was surprised with a Birthday trip away. Enjoyed it but I feel like my missus might have sabotaged my hopes of finishing!

Der.png

With hopes of an instant impact in the Premier League giving me some renewed confidence, an all important transfer-window gave me one last chance to strengthen my beloved Rams as I look to make a triumphant return to the Premier League.

With the club bloated with money courtesy of the wealth from the TV rights that are flooded throughout the league, it was safe to say that the board backed my ambitions in the window with nearly Forty million behind me.

Before I got a chance to tuck into the crazy money, there was the small matter of shedding some dead-weight from a rather bloated team-sheet...

Tran33-OUT.png

...Yeah I might have got carried away.

With six players released out of contract come the end of the season, the club started things off slowly before eventually bursting into life with no fewer then nine players leaving on permanent deals.

With the club adding to its already healthy budgets, I now have yet even more funds to splash in what is sure to be a huge window for myself and the club.

Of the departures not a single-one had any hope of breaking into my first team plans and certainly fell a long way short of the quality I was expecting to find in a club headed for the upper half of England's top flight. With my time running out and the club poised on the brink of potential Premier League glory, there is no time for mercy.

I've got money to spend and more importantly money to earn...

Tran33-IN.png

Tran33-a.png

Cost: £9.5 million

First port of call is an immediate return to my former club as I re-sign the Korean sensation Kim Sang-Yoon. Having fit perfectly into my Christmas-Tree formation with Gladbach, the former Tottenham midfielder makes a return to the Premier League as one of Asia's most exciting players and a much needed addition to my attacking midfield options.

Tran33-b.png

Cost: £5.75 million

Finding quality defenders has been somewhat of a struggle throughout this entire career and another turn to the transfer market for a quality center-back proved rather frustrating with Boca's Pereya proving to be the best of a rather poor and ridiculously over-priced bunch. Non the less he should do a good job for the time being.

Tran33-c.png

Cost: £13 million

My midfield flanks needed some real strengthening and having witnessed a narrow formation fail so miserably with Dortmund I was keen to make amends with the arrival of Italian prodigy, Julien Di Pierro the first of two promising wide-men to arrive at the club in a matter of days. With a sensational cross and the pass to make the line, he could prove to be a key player for the forth coming season.

Tran33-d.png

Cost: £7 million

Joining him on the opposite flank comes Argentinian winger Juan Fusco. With attributes almost exactly the same as his fellow new arrival, the former River Plate wide-man will allow us to hound wing-backs through the country down both sides of the pitch. With these boys firing balls into the box we should be on for a goal-crazy season.

Tran33-e.png

Cost: £6 million

Making another return to my former club I make another re-signing in the shape of Wanye Tomlinson. Needing to bolster my numbers of home-grown players the young left-back is the perfect addition to the squad as we look to build for the future. At just Twenty-One the player developed massively in Germany and will be my starting left-back for the foreseeable future.

Tran33-f.png

Cost: £10.25 million

With the numbers of routes to goal bolstered across the pitch we made the move to bring in what should hopefully be a clinical finisher. Despite lacking a natural finish, our six foot Italian, Munari is lethal in the air and has the strength of a flying Ox that should allow him to get on the end of our numerous crosses into the box.

Tran33-g.png

Cost: £4.3 million

A late addition to the squad saw us snap up Dutch midfielder John Janssen. The former Wolfsburg player joins us in the middle of the pitch as we look to try and replace some of our more veteran players at the heart of the team. With a clinical eye for a pass and the ability to match we could pull the strings in the middle for this season and beyond.

That was a big window.

With the squad heaving a number of players out of the exit and nearly fifty million pounds worth of talent coming into the team its going to be interesting to see how quickly this new formed squad can gel and get the results on the pitch.

With my previous experiences of this league being altogether a complete failure, its a potentially risky gamble but with time now against me its one I'm prepared to take.

It's not as if my entire career and reputation in this country depends on it or anything...

Preseason
2033/34

Pre33-z.png

23rd July 2033
Friendly

Pre33-a.png

Arriving late into the pre-season, I make it just in time to see the Rams overthrow Wrexham on their way to a two goal victory. An opening goal from Vergara got things underway in fine fashion, with Spanish striker Bustos completing the one-sided victory with a goal in the second-half of the game it seems the boys are fired up and ready for this season.

26th July 2033
Friendly

Pre33-b.png

...Maybe not. A late trip to Turkey has us sent back to England with our tales between our legs as Kayserispor hold on to a one goal victory following an impotent display from the boys on the road. With the new arrivals thrown into the starting eleven it seems it's going to take some time for them to gel into a formidable team.

1st August 2033
Friendly

Pre33-c.png

Good job we had one entire game to work on our bonding then. A disjointed performance see's the team struggle to a draw as our Spanish superstar Juan Manuel saves our blushes with a goal just after the second half opening whistle. With the Premier League fast approaching its going to take some hardcore team bonding to get this team running up to speed.

August 2033​

Aug33-z.png

7th August 2033
Premier League

Aug33-a.png

Welcome Back. The boys are thrown into the action with a formidable tie against a title chasing Chelsea and are soon given a ****** nose by the rampant Blues. With traumatic flashbacks of my time with Newcaslte and Leicester flashing before my eyes, it's safe to say that the four goal thrashing was not what I had planned for my return to the Premier League.

15th August 2033
Premier League

Aug33-b.png

With our opening day demolition quickly forgotten the boys welcome West Ham to Derby and secure a welcome three points in our first home game of the season. An opening goal from our superstar Spaniard saw us get things off underway in superb fashion with a goal within fifteen minutes, with the defence clinging on to a narrow one goal victory.

20th August 2033
Premier League

Aug33-c.png

Our glimmer of hope for the season is quickly extinguished as we are left frustrated by lowly Bournemouth. The club have jumped in and out of the top tier but the Cherries gave us a taste of our own medicine as an early goal and some resilient defending ensured all three points in the most boring of fashions.

23rd August 2033
Capital One Cup - 2nd Round

LC34-a.png

With the boys struggling to gain traction in the league, the League Cup gives us a welcome opportunity to prove ourselves and the boys duly took advantage. A four goal white-wash of a poor Leyton Orient allowed some of out fringe players to prove themselves on the picth, with even new arrival Wayne Tomlinson finding the back of the net from defence. Two Cups in two seasons anyone?

28th August 2033
Premier League

Aug33-d.png

On the back of our League Cup exploits the boys pull off a sensational victory over local rivals, Leicester City. Having got one over on my former club it was safe to say I was feeling a glimmer of hope for making something from this Premier League campaign. If we can pull off late shows like this, we could well ****** that top-half finish...

August 2033
Premier League

Aug33.png

...And for now the dream is very much a reality. With the club just sneaking into the top half of the table its safe to say I'm relatively pleased with our start to the season but with the club poised perfectly above both of our East Midland rivals just having bragging rights alone will do for me.