September 2033​

Sep33-z.png

10th September 2033
Premier League

Sep33-a.png

The club make it two three goal victories on the bounce as we smash our way past Crystal Palace. It seems our home form is going to be crucial this season much like it was with Gladbach. A sensible manager would probably take this as a sign of needing a tactic on the road but as footballs finest time-travelling mercenary I'm apparently not of this persuasion. Brilliant.

18th September 2033
Premier League

Sep33-b.png

Despite having a tactic that seemingly fails on the road the boys do manage to pull of a sensational away day victory as we ****** a rough victory over a sorry looking Liverpool. A sloppy start to the season has certainly seen Anfield grow restless as the former Premier League record holders slump worryingly low.

21st September 2033
Capital One Cup - 3rd Round

LC34-b.png

The League Cup continues its early opening pace and the third round of the competition sends the entirety of Derby into raptures. A dull September evening burst into life as the Rams pick up a narrow one goal victory over fierce local rivals, Nottingham Forest, courtesy of our new Korean arrival, Kim Sang-Yoon. Instant club hero.

26th September 2033
Premier League

Sep33-c.png

A tight game in the St. Marys stadium has an unfortunate own-goal prove to be the only difference between the two sides as the unfortunate Amelli clips a deflection past the stranded Martin McKenna. The Saints shut up shop after their fluky lead leaving the team frustrated up front as Munari's goalless run heads into its third month. Ten Million wasted.

September 2033
Premier League

Sep33.png

Despite Southampton ending what was an impressive month on a low the club finds itself within touching distance of the Europa League spots. With the Premier League and both domestic cups all coming with qualification to Europe's second biggest club competition, there's a real chance of snatching a spot from this lofty position in the league.

October 2033​

Oct33-z.png

1st October 2033
Premier League

Oct33-a.png

Our home form disappears as my former club Newcastle pick up a one-goal victory in-front of a deflated home crowd. In what has become an early trend for the Premier League this season, we concede a goal within the opening twenty minutes with our opposition clinging on to the early goal for dear life. A finisher would certainly help...

15th October 2033
Premier League

Oct33-b.png

...Enter Bustos. The Spaniard was supposed to be second string behind new Italian arrival Munari but in a rare start he shot the club into a goal within the opening five minutes that stunned fallen title winners, Tottenham Hostpur. There was a time that Spurs where one of the best in the country, it seems that time has long since been forgotten.

22nd October 2033
Premier League

Oct33-c.png

The pressure is mounting on poor Roberto Martinez as the Spaniard struggled to keep United in the top half of the table at this early stage of the season. The Rams nearly added a final nail to his coffin had it not been for a cruel late goal that denied our impressive efforts and saved a point for a surprisingly poor United.

25th October 2033
Capital One Cup - 4th Round

LC34-c.png

The Red Devils repeat their late tricks as we are brutally thrown out of the League Cup by two late goals. Having held a narrow lead towards the final ten minutes of the game, their African player of the year, Bruce Mensah fired home a late equalizer to send us into extra-time before eventually smashing in the winner to keep Martinez's hopes of winning silverware alive.

29th October 2033
Premier League

Oct33-d.png

The late hear-break continues towards the end of the month as we are once again knocked out of the points, this time by a high flying Queens Park Rangers. With the R's currently sitting in a Champions League spot, we came agonizingly close to denying their dreams had it not been for a goal with just seconds left on the clock.

October 2033
Premier League

Oct33.png

Our inability to see out a game has come at some cost as the club slides back down to tenth in the league. With the Rams poised in the middle of the table this could be a turning point of our entire season. Any hopes of a top half finish will rely heavily on how the boys bounce back from these frustrating results.

November 2033​

Nov33-z.png

5th November 2033
Premier League

Nov33-a.png

The poor form continues as does our worrying inability to come back from an early goal. The Tigers tuck home within just eight minutes to claim the lead and eventual winner, with the Rams once again left frustrated. The loss was made worse by a lengthy injury to our key midfielder and unfortunately named Euan Kerr. It just keeps getting better.

Oct33-29th.png

20th November 2033
Premier League

Nov33-b.png

A lengthy and much needed break gives us a chance to reform and the boys come-back in style. Stoke have emerged as one of the toughest sides in the Premier League, playing a slick style of football never before seen in the Britannia Stadium but a brace from the only striker capable of finding the net in a Derby County shirt soon sent the Potters packing.

26th November 2033
Premier League

Nov33-c.png

The boys continue to showcase their talents as they cruise past surprise package Leeds United. The Lily Whites currently sit at the top of the table but a superb first half display saw us cruise into a three goal lead with a late fight-back proving to be too little too late for the resurgent club as we gleefully ****** up another three points.

November 2033
Premier League

Nov33.png

Back into Europa League contention! A sign of life from the boys has us burst back up the table courtesy of an incredibly tight Premier League. With the title race still essentially wide open and QPR and Leeds both locked in a surprise race for the top spot, it seems I have arrived into the Premier League during a time of turmoil. Time to take advantage of the chaos.

Good job in Novembre after a hard october !

See you soon :)

Cheers Animus!

December 2033

Dec33-z.png

5th December 2033
Premier League

Dec33-a.png

An incredibly busy month of Premier League action gets underway in disappointing fashion as we are once again left on the sidelines by Aston Villa. As soon as we conceede a goal on the road we are incapable of finding a way back into the game. I seriously need to work on developing something to stop us collapsing whenever we leave the comfort of home.

12th December 2033
Premier League

Dec33-b.png

With bragging rights following our League Cup victory, we head into the all important game against Nottingham Forest keen to enforce our status over the Reds. In a feisty battle at iPro Stadium both clubs gave it there all with Forest twice coming from behind to scupper our chances of claiming the win before we are both forced to settle for a deserved point.

17th December 2033
Premier League

Dec33-c.png

Keen to learn from our disappointing draw in the previous game the boys ensured we would claim all three points despite newly promoted Brentford giving us a brief scare on the half-hour mark. A resounding half-time team talk ensured the boys went out in the second half eager to claim the points with Bustos scoring a fine solo winner.

20th December 2033
Premier League
Dec33-g.png

Our mixed fortunes continue in predictable fashion as we are easily dispatched by a formidable City side. Having finally scooped the title last season, Thomas Tuchel's men are eager to make up for lost time and are frantically making their way back up the table and into the title race for the second half of the season.

26th December 2033
Premier League

Dec33-e.png

Having gifted City with a helping hand further up the table we didn't continue the good will into a home game against the Gunners as a late goal from our Spanish sensation, Juan Manuel denied the Londoners all three points. Results like this keep me with a glimmer of hope that we might just be able to break into these European spots after all.

31st December 2033
Premier League

Dec33-f.png

We end the month and the year with a sensational away day victory over West Ham. Having given us a victory in our second game of the season, it seems the Hammers are being extremely generous this season. An away day victory was almost as surprising as seeing my Summer arrival, Munari finally find the back of the net. His first since arriving in the club. Clinical.

December 2033
Premier League

Dec33.png

Mid-way point of the season and we find ourselves rooted in a respectable Eighth place in the league. Despite dropping slightly away from the Europa League spots and now being distanced by even the chasing pack, the lofty position up the table is still one **** of an achievement for a club yet to break into the top half of the table for over half a decade.

Der.png

With things going worryingly well in the Premier League, the January transfer window comes along to potential throw a spanner in the works.

With our Spanish superstar Juan Manuel a target for a number of clubs around Europe, it's going to be a long window as we look to cling on to our former Galactico.

JanTran34-OUT.png

We survived.

Despite nearly every single European super club tabling a bid we managed to turn down numerous offers as we kept an understandably disappointed Jaun Manuel in a Derby County shirt for now.

With the Spaniard secured the club still managed to witness three departures as three more fringe players opted to leave the club.

Both Bishop and Arroyo had yet to feature for the club, the only departure of note was that of Diogo Paulo. The young attacking midfielder had been frustrated following the arrival of rival Kim Sang-Yoon and despite picking up a number of appearances from the bench he jumped at the opportunity of first-team action with the Villans.

With a number of spots to strengthen, it was time to spend what little remained of Derby's riches...

JanTran34-IN.png

JanTran34-a.png

Cost: £10 million​

Having chased the young Belgian throughout my time at Club Brugge I finally managed to Dirk Neyens as we bolster our attacking midfield options. With pace to burn and the agility of a cat, the former Roma player is able glide his way through the toughest of opposition. The Twenty-Four year old will make an ideal impact sub from the bench.

JanTran34-b.png

Cost: £11 million

With our back-up stopper Miguel Arroyo departing for his home country, we needed a replace goalkeeper to provide cover for our Scottish sensation McKenna. With Gladbach pricing me out of a return for my former number one Robin Bastian, I turned to their fellow Bundesliga side, Hoffenheim to snap up young Torsten Bubner. The nineteen will develop into a real force between the sticks.

Not a bad window by any means.

With a frustrated Spaniard still within in our ranks and now a duo of European talents added to our team we are poised to finish the job we started.

The top half of the table awaits.

Good window in. I hope you can take a European place.

I have no see if you have upload your save ?

Have to say mate that I've been reading this since the start and seeing as we are drawing ever closer to the release of FM 17 I just wanted to thank you for the time and effort you've put into this story.

I would have commented sooner but I've had issues in authorising my account.

I've enjoyed every minute of it and have almost felt like a "fan" of the clubs you've managed and been griped by the trials and tribulations you've faced.

Looking forward to and exciting climax to this and another great story in FM17

Cheers Animus, with little time for both myself and the release of the new FM I've not really had the time to be honest. I will make sure it's done before I move on to the next game though. Sorry!

Thanks so much Neavie Pops! Honestly really enjoyed doing this, been really rewarding for saying its something I do as a pointless hobby!

Thanks for taking the time to let me know, It's very much appreciated. Hope I don't let you down!

January 2034

Jan34-z.png

3rd January 2034
Premier League

Jan34-a.png

Having thrashed us so easilly at the start of the season the boys made more a fight from the game the second time around as they narrowly missed out on a point following a brace from the previously goal-shy Munari. An impressive second-half fight back was cruelly shut down as a late winner silenced Pride Park.

7th January 2034
FA Cup - 3rd Round

FAC34-a.png

With hopes of living up to 1magine's early prediction of European football and a cup trophy still well within reach, we sneak our way into the next round of our only remaining cup competition following a tough game against fellow top-flight side, Southampton. With the cup curse broken, it could be time to double my trophy haul already.

14th January 2034
Premier League

Jan34-b.png

We continue to chase the European big-wigs as we fight back from an early goal to pick up all three points against a plucky Bournemouth. The Cherries are fighting tough and nail to avoid an immediate return to the Championship but some weak defending and a goal a-piece from my Summer signings, Munari and Sang-Yoon pushed them back into danger.

21st January 2034
Premier League

Jan34-c.png

With all three of the big East Midlands sides now in the top flight, local pride is once again put back on the line as we make the trip to Leicester. The Foxes were humbled in the previous game but despite the Rams smashing home the opening goal we failed to keep Leicester and their Japanese striker, Nakagawa from securing the win with a dominant second-half of football.

24th January 2034
Premier League

Jan34-d.png

Liverpool finally made a long awaited move and sacked their former manager with the Reds making an instant turn around in form with a two goal victory continuing their impressive return to form late into the season. With the race for European football hotting up we can ill afford this series of results.

28th January 2034
FA Cup - 4th Round

FAC34-b.png

Hopes of picking up another cup are soon put under threat as Brentford leave us frustrated with a first goal from our Belgian signing Dirk Neyens keeping hopes alive following a spirited fight-back from our fellow Premier League side. The draw has been less then kind thus far. If we make it through we'll be hoping for an easier tie in the next round.

31st January 2034
Premier League

Jan34-e.png

We fail to come back from our costly win-less streak as we struggle our way to a one all draw with Crystal Palace. Selhurst Park has born witness to some impressive football from the Eagles of late as they look to secure a European place of their own but the disappointing draw leaves our own hopes hanging on by a thread.

January 2034
Premier League

Jan34.png

We remain in eighth position in the league but now a hefty six points behind the assured European spots to be found in sixth position and above. With the season coming down to a close it looks like we're going to need one **** of a turn around to ensure a spot back in with a shot at continental football. At least the top half finish is on the cards?

Last edited:

February 2034​

Feb34-z.png

4th February 2034
Premier League

Feb34-a.png

Our sorry form continues into the next month as we are left frustrated following a horrific first-half of football in-front of a despondent home-crowd. Having gifted the Saints with Three goals in the first half it was going to take all we had to come back from behind with another goal from our new Belgian arrival providing a brief but futile glimmer of hope.

8th February 2034
FA Cup - 4th Round Replay

FAC34-c.png

The Cup curse is back. Having welcome Brentford back to what was previously a formidable Pride Park, hopes were high of the club finishing the job in the replay but once again Brentford didn't pull any punches as they left it late to seal their place in the next round following an end to end game between two clubs battling at either end of the Premier League table.

11th February 2034
Premier League

Feb34-b.png

We still can't find our way back into the point as a thrilling game at St James's Park leaves both clubs frustrated. A dominant Newcastle shot into a seemingly commanding lead within just ten minutes but we came back we encouragingly fought back to tie things up at half time with neither club able to split the difference, scoring within minutes of each other in the second half.

28th February 2034
Premier League

Feb34-c.png

We finally make it back to winning ways as we pick up a one goal victory over the previously high flying QPR. Rangers have tried valiantly to cling on as high as possible despite the big-boys finally coming to their senses in a late flurry of activity but a first-half finish from our Italian striker saw them slide further down the table.

February 2034
Premier League

Feb34.png

Another disappointing month has us somehow cling onto the eight place in the league but with two of England's most prestigious clubs now equal on points and hot on our tails it seems we are now locked in a fight just to cling on to as high a spot in the table as possible. The European dream might be over but our top-half finish is still a very real possibility. For now.

March 2034

Mar34-z.png

4th March 2034
Premier League

Mar34-a.png

On the back of our return to winning ways we continue to pick up the points as we cruise past a fallen Tottenham. Under Mauricio Pochettino, Spurs emerged as one of the strongest clubs not just in England but the entire continent just one decade later and the club is a shadow of its former self. a comfortable win at White-Hart Lane pushes them further into the mire.

7th March 2034
Premier League

Mar34-b.png

Despite looking like we could pull a fast one over Martinez's United we where soon put back in our place as the Red Devils spark back into life just before the half-time whistle. A dominant second half soon followed with the League Cup winners eventually romping to a comfortable victory as they leap frog us in the table.

12th March 2034
Premier League

Mar34-c.png

Stoke City look set already for a mid-table finish but a five goal thrashing at the Britannia Stadium certainly made the Potters look far from comfortable at this level with my Italian players running rampant. Munari has quickly emerged as a lethal finisher at this level. His goal-less first half of the season has already become a distant memory.

25th March 2034
Premier League

Mar34-d.png

With the club on a high following their previous showcase of attacking football in the previous game, I had hoped we could build on the five goal demolition but it was not to be as an expectant home-crowd were left disappointed following a scrappy draw against a Hull side battling to avoid a late entrance into the relegation dog-fight.

March 2034
Premier League

Mar34.png

Despite gifting United with three points we manage to keep the former title winners at bay from the time being as our victory over Stoke has us remain just one point ahead of the pack in the familiar safety of eight place. With just six games remaining hopes are high that we can continue to maintain our lofty height in the league.

April 2034​

Apr34-z.png

3rd April 2034
Premier League

Apr34-a.png

Munari is on fire. The former Atlanta sharpshooter is certainly making up for lost time as his hat-trick has us cruise past surprise title contenders Leeds at Elland Road. The Lily-White remain within contention of snatching an unexpected title following their rampant start to the season but with the club seemingly in dis-array their hopes are vanishing before their eyes.

10th April 2034
Premier League

Apr34-c.png

The club continues to wrack up the late points as we pick up a fortunate victory over Aston Villa. With the boys once again conceding within just seconds of the opening whistle, it took a Kim Sang-Yoon thunderbolt and an incredibly fortuitous own goal to reclaim the points. A late European push might just be on the cards?

17th April 2034
Premier League
Apr34-f.png

Having sent us packing from the FA Cup we get revenge over Brentford with a two goal victory at Griffin Park. The Bees have fought valiantly all season to try and avoid the pull of the Championship all season but with time ticking down it looks like the club are going to have to pull out all the stops to avoid relegation.

22nd April 2034
Premier League

Apr34-d.png

The biggest derby in the East Midlands turns out to be a dull affair at the City Ground as neither side is able to lay down any form of attacking play as it boils down to stop start and ugly football that leaves neither set of fans with anything to brag about come the end of the match. All brawn, no style.

29th April 2034
Premier League

Apr34-e.png

City are frantically upping the pace as the reigning title holders try to overthrow table topping Leeds with just two games remaining. With Leeds caving under the pressure and Tuchel's men in impressive form it seems the Citizens are set to make it a dramatic finale. A two goal victory at Pride Park see's the Citizens hot on the case to reclaim the title.

April 2034
Premier League

Apr34.png

Just one game left in the season and the club continues to hold that impressive eighth place finish in the league. With ninety minutes of football remaining and even a seventh place finish in the league now within reaching distance we could be about to end the season even higher then expected.

May 2024

May34-z.png

14th May 2024
Premier League

May34-a.png

Final game of the season is a demoralizing white wash as the boys seem to switch off for the end of season break early allowing Arsenal to romp to a four goal victory. With our place on the fringe of the European places very much in the balance the boys late slip up could prove incredibly costly...

May 2024
Premier League

May34.png

...And it does as Roberto Martinez's League Cup winning United leapfrog us into eight place. Fortunately Stoke failed to follow their lead as we cling on to a top half finish by the narrowest of margins. With my season objective met and the club set for another huge Premier League payout things in Derby are looking rosy.

A poor 9th place for your season :(

It's will be hard to make better ?

So I hope to read you on a new "Football managing mercenary" on FM 2017 :)

It wasn't so bad Animus. Better then expected at least! I think the club has more to offer still! Thanks again!

My return to the Premier League turned out to be less bruising then expected.

With a fragile reputation, no history and a succession of failures behind me it was safe to say I wasn't look forward to the Premier League season this time around. At least I didn't embarrass myself.

Non the less I remain a world away from these three men...

Man17.png
Man18.png
Man16.png
Thomas TuchelRodolfo ArruabarrenaHamit Altintip
Manchester CityChelseaJuventus
£91,000 per week£89,000 per week£78,000 per week

Another change at the top as the seemingly unshakable Roberto Martinez is finally given the boot following United's lowly Eighth place finish. Not even the League Cup could salvage his career in Old Trafford.

With the Spaniard gone, German sensation Thomas Tuchel ends my career on the top spot.

The seemingly unknown manager continues to showcase his undoubted talents as he scoops another title on the final day of the season to go alongside his Champions League trophy, whilst Arruabarrena suffers the first wobble of his fledgling career at Stamford Bridge. A trophy-less season ensures a precarious time for the The Argentinian.

Making a re-emergence into the top three comes former Real Madrid manager, Hamit Altintip. The Turk keeps managing to get himself into some impressive roles as he bounces back from a quick dismissal in Spain to land the top club job in Italy.

Way to make me look average...

Man0.png
Derby Jack
Derby County
£20,000 per week

With my reputation somewhat repaired, Derby poised and ready for a push for European qualification and a young and exciting squad behind me, my time in the shadows of the big three is surely coming to a close.

It's exciting times to be at the helm of the Mighty Rams, which makes it all the more painful to do this...
FMM%20-%20end.png

It's over.

I've been pretending to be competent at Football Management for nearly an entire year now and despite somehow blagging my way across Europe and back into the Premier League, my time has come to an inevitable end.

career_1.png

Fittingly for a career that lasted nearly four decades and saw just a handful of trophies, it ends in complete failure.

From Bromley to the Bundesliga. I tried my utmost to claw my way towards those illustrious wages at the top of the ladder but peaked with a solitary season at Dortmund, that saw me earn a healthy Twenty Seven and a half thousand pounds per week.

Not even close...

With the next Football Manager now ready to go on my PC and my time with this career drawing to a close, I've opted to bring things to a proper close.

Huge apology for the rather abrupt ending, I've thoroughly enjoyed all of this and didn't want it to fizzle out as I got distracted by the new FM.

So, I just want to say a massive Thank you to you all.

To those who read along in horror, the encouraging comments and the ever present likes, its been one of the best times I've had playing this beautiful game.

Thank you so very much!

Enjoyed the whole story! Hope for something similar in new FM