well my mercenary play seems to be going ok, but it's taking ages to make any real money. After becoming a legend at Gateshead (still no idea how i managed that), moving to Nuremburg, then creating a league winning side with Koln, i took a step to Spain with Real Sosobad. 18 months later with a league title in the bag and one defeat all season (i'm convinced my CB took a bung), the mighty Valencia came calling with a wopping £33k per week. they're also bankrupt so i can't see this ending well.

Just read through this entire story... brilliant idea!! will be following to see how you get on...

Sorry for the mini-break. Had a Valentines day to plan and two job interviews within a week. Its been rather hectic!

Cheers Wanderer, apparently when faced with frustration I comfort myself with big spending...shouldn't be damaging at all in the future!

Very impressive indeed ratmsm1. You've made some pretty beefy progress already though! Thirty Three Thousand in my career would essentially have you a third of the way to being at the top of the game! Spain certainly seems a good place to make your name though, I predict a stay at the Bernabeu before long!

Thanks alot darnho! hopefully I'll start to make up for lost time!​

Preseason
2023/24

Pre23-z.png

30th January 2023
Friendly

Pre23-a.png

With the rest of the footballing world either bitterly fighting their way through the chilling winter months or enjoy a luxurious break away from the cold, the MLS emerges from its long hibernation with The sleeping giants, NYCFC kick-starting their pre-season with a clinical one goal victory.

11th February 2023
Friendly

Pre23-b.png

With the season still some two months away from beginning, we continue to kick-start our path to redemption as we comfortably see off San Antonio. An impressive midfield display saw the top-flight side easily overcome the second division side. With just one more season on my contract, these early results are a good sign of making a quick impact in the States.

18th February 2023
Friendly

Pre23-c.png

From the heart of Texas back to the frozen metropolis of New York City. With a thick blanket of snow covering The Yankee Stadium our Californian opposition seemed sluggish to get up to speed as our fellow MLS opposition collapsed in style with Enzo brilliantly seeing off the hapless Earthquakes.

22nd February 2022
Friendly

Pre23-d.png

Having quickly made himself at home in The Big Apple, Thai International Anon Boonma joined the club on the road for a routine victory over Toronto's second string side. Our draft arrival enjoyed an incredible first run out in the light blue jersey as he bagged an impressive second-half hat-trick to announce himself in the finest of styles.

25th February 2022
Friendly

Pre23-e.png

Our final game of the season has us goes up against the apparently Communist Sacramento Republic. Our Red-Star opposition all but gifted us a charitable victory with a five minute red card, with our ever reliable midfielders finding the back of the net with ease before cruising to a relaxed victory.

With the Pigeons romping to a fine winning streak in an important Pre-Season, hopes are high for the coming season and it's all thanks to one almighty change...

Pre23.png

That beautiful 4-2-3-1 formation.

With the additions of Otamendi and Gundogan to the line-up the former lackluster City now look poised and ready to make their long awaited mark in the Land of the Free.

Time to see if my seemingly lucky formation still works it's wonders when applied in the world of Soccer.

March 2023​

Mar23-z.png

12th March 2023
MLS

Mar23-a.png

My first full season in America gets underway in fine fashion as our Super Draft signing, Anon Boonma enjoys a near perfect debut as he rifles in a clinical brace on the way to a Three goal whitewash of a sorry looking Portland Timbers. With our Thai International seemingly made for this level, hopes are high that this season might see the club finally raise to the top.

16th March 2023
MLS

Mar23-b.png

Those hopes didn't exactly last very long as last season's strugglers Montreal Impact managed to hold City at bay for a frustrating Ninety minutes. Despite seeming oozing with confidence young striker Boonma could do little to break through some rigid defence whilst our big money signings struggled to string together any meaningful attacks.

18th March 2023
MLS

Mar23-c.png

A thrilling game at the Yankee Stadium saw the two City's clash with the mighty Pigeons narrowly emerging on top. In a sensational final half an hour of football, both clubs threw caution into the wind, with our ever reliable and tireless midfield keeping us in the game, with the unflappable Boonma securing the points in the dying minutes of the game.

24th March 2023
MLS

Mar23-d.png

That's far more comfortable. Having continued his fine form with a fourth minute goal, Boonma could afford to coast for the remainder of the game as our dominant midfield ran rampant over ten man Philadelphia to ensure a superb opening month of football. Unfortunately our sensational start did come at some cost...

Mar23-end.png

March 2023
MLS - Eastern Conference

Mar23.png

March 2023
MLS Supporters Shield

Mar23-1.png

Our unbeaten start to the season has us instantly trade life at the foot of the table for the comfort at the top. With the club narrowly ahead of their bitter rivals New York Red Bulls in the Eastern Conference it seems that we are in for a nail biting race to claim the bragging rights at the top of the table. If we can keep up with the early pace, the Pigeons could well be about to take flight!

April 2023

Apr23-z.png

1st April 2023
MLS

Apr23-a.png

The unbeaten streak continues into the next month as we precariously cling on to our stay at the top as Roldan smashes home a dramatic late equalizer with the whistle poised on the referees lips. With the club so very close to an unexpected defeat we can only hope this servers as a reminder of our new found top of the table status. We're going to have to fight for this...

9th April 2023
MLS

Apr23-b.png

...And fight they did. A resounding victory over FC Dallas see's German midfield maestro, Ilkay Gundogan find the back of the net for the first time in the States with stand in striker, Jacob Hill and New York's favourite Algerian son of a French Legened, Enzo Zidane rounding off a sensation result in the Yankee Stadium.

12th April 2023
MLS

Apr23-c.png

... Well that wasn't according to the script. With the club seemingly on the cusp of a dominant season in the Eastern Conference, we are soon given a reminder of our lowly background as we are destroyed by Orlando City. Having been routinely beaten across the pitch for the entire Ninety minutes, Diskerud's red card summed up a disappointing day of football.

16th April 2023
MLS

Apr23-d.png

The four goal drubbing in Florida seems to have certainly affected our new formed squad with an Enzo opener soon cancelled out by a seemingly determined Montreal Impact as the Canadians secure the victory early in the second half with a well taken free-kick and a foolish red card seeing Morales sent to the stands.

22nd April 2023
MLS

Apr23-e.png

We managed to quickly put an end to our losing ways as we claim a much needed point against familiar faces, Toronto. Having both been equally matched in the first game of the month, we repeated the feat as both sides are forced to settle for a point. With the MLS season being painfully short even this minor blip could prove costly.

26th April 2023
MLS

Apr23-f.png

With the boys suffering a short but costly run of poor form the boys mount a convincing stand in the final game of the month as they once again secure bragging rights in the Big Apple with a narrow victory in the Hudson River Derby. With Boonma sidelined, back up striker, Jacob Hill has taken the opportunity with both hands securing the fans adoration with the winning goal.

April 2023
MLS - Eastern Conference

Apr23.png

April 2023
MLS - Supporters Shield

Apr23-1.png

Second month of the season and already our brief flirtation with the top spot is brought to a crashing end. Fellow Eastern Conference side's Philly and Red Bulls both enjoy a solid month of football as they squeeze in front of us in the standings with a third of the season effectively already over. Every mistake in this league is quickly punished.

May 2023​

May23-z.png

6th May 2023
MLS

May23-a.png

The boys continue to try and break through into the top of the MLS as they cruise their way past D.C United. A fortunate own goal gifted us with the perfect opening, with the fans in the Yankee Stadium enjoying a comfortable day out as Thai striker, Anon Boonma doubles the lead to secure all three points with ease.

10th May 2023
MLS

May23-b.png

In a dominant first half of football we danced our way to a two goal lead courtesy of Galtarossa's opening thunderbolt, with the increasingly prolific finisher, Anon Boonma capping a one-way half with another neat finish. A tight second half made it a nervy run in to the final whistle but some resilient defending and some cat-like reactions saved us all three points.

13th May 2023
MLS

May23-c.png

Our three game winning streak comes to an end in the most dramatic of styles as we are left frustrated by Atlanta United. An end to end first half saw both clubs battle their way across the pitch with the goals flying in left and right with the away side holding a comfortable lead that even the crazily paid Gundogan could not overthrow.

20th May 2023
MLS

May23-d.png

The boys are unable to bounce back from behind as a second half of thrilling football saw the boys throw away a two goal lead, gifting the Crew with a point as they collapsed in frustrating style. Having seemingly been well on their way to the victory, it seems our defence is starting to suffer a rather worrying drop in form.

31st May 2023
MLS

May23-e.png

We round off the month with another solitary point with a similarly disappointing two goal draw. Having found the back of the net either side of the half-time whistle we once again looked set to ride out to a much needed three points but the resilient White-Caps refused to back down with a Seventieth minute equalizer continuing to raise question about the back line.

May 2023
MLS - Eastern Conference

May23.png

May 2023
MLS - Supporters Shield
May23-1.png

A mixed month continues to keep us just shy of a spot in the top two with arch rivals, New York Red Bulls and a determined Philadelphia Union swapping spots at the head of the table with the Red Bulls two games in hand all but ensuring they have a strong hand already on the Eastern Conference title and the Supporters shield to go with it.

Just caught up again! Great work with MK Dons, I was hoping you would take the Aussie offer to be honest, i've never seen anything from down under. i just recently got myself a Perth Glory jersey :p

Nice move to the MLS, nice a deserved boost to your wages and it looks like you're having a big impact so far!

Keep up the good work, and ill try and keep up without falling 10 pages behing again :p

I think Otamendi and Gundogan have really helped your team! look much more solid this year!

Just read through from Guisley - NYCFC.

Gutted about Sanga... One thing I hope for this save is that you are able to join a big club or maybe Everton, and you are manager of Paul Hulme again! KIU!

nice going mate. you need to move I think though before you get to lost in the American dream

Cheers Seano, was quite tempted with life down under myself to be honest but I guess it was not to be. Thanks for reading as always. Much appreciated.

Cheers Naterr, they've certainly helped me feel more at home in the land of Soccer!

**** thanks Wilko! I honestly still don't understand why I was blocked from signing him but then again I have pretty much no idea what I'm doing here most of the time anyway! I am seriously hoping I get to catch up with the Mighty Hume soon, thanks again!

Thanks Wanderer, I agree whole heatedly. America certainly doesn't compare to life in the likes of the Bundesliga or La Liga quite yet.​

June 2023

Jun23-z.png

4th June 2023
MLS

Jun23-a.png

The club makes it three, two goal draws in a row as we tie things up against Minnesota. Unlike the previous few results however we actually came out of the result fortunate to cling on to the draw as Minnesota's second half lead is soon shutdown thanks to Thirty-Six year old Otamendi's salmon like leap from a well crafted corner.

9th June 2023
MLS

Jun23-b.png

The run is finally broken as we return to winning ways over Houston Dynamo. Having gone behind after just seven minutes it seemed we were set for another game desperately chasing the points but a quick reply from Jacob Hill and another goal for midfield general Galtarossa ensured The Yankee Stadium faithful would go home happy.

17th June 2023
MLS

Jun23-c.png

Having narrowly squeezed past Houston in the previous game the boys did their utmost to convince me that we had actually turned a corner with a resounding demolition of San Jose. Galtarossa's opening goal settled the nerves after just seven minutes, with our designated duo, Zidane and Otamendi partly justifying their astronomic wages with two second half goals.

20th June 2023
US Open Cup - 4th Round

LHU23-a.png

America's one and only cup competition makes it's brief appearance in the schedule with the Yankee Stadium faithful able to enjoy a comfortable afternoon as City cruise into the fifth round of the competition with a one-sided, one goal victory over second tier side, San Antonio FC. Perhaps I'm finally about to get my hands on a trophy?

23rd June 2023
MLS

Jun23-d.png

The club extend their unbeaten run of form into the sixth game of the season with a rather unconvincing victory over a struggling Chicago Fire. Having slipped up early into the second half, the boys valiantly threw everything they had at Chicago with their efforts eventually rewarded with a calamitous but deserved own-goal. I'll take it.

June 2023
MLS - Eastern Conference

Jun23.png

June 2023
MLS - Supporters Shield

Jun23-1.png

The clubs rather haphazard unbeaten run has seen them quickly overthrow Philadelphia Union as they try to mount a late push for the Easter Conference title against fierce rivals, New York Red Bulls. Having been bizarrely successful in this career thus far the stage is set for myself and the mighty Pigeons to claim some long awaited silverware in the most dramatic of styles.

Things are looking much better this year around DJ! Hopefully it'll be a move back out of the states come the end of this season

Cheers Dan, If I can leave America with a trophy it will certainly make my time here all the better!

Cheers Neavie Pops! Fingers crossed!

July 2023

Jul23-z.png

2nd July 2023
MLS

Jul23-a.png

The club's unbeaten run continues as we mount an impressive second-half comeback to ease our way past New England. Having gone behind after Thirteen minutes Revolution seemed to be in firm control until a goal just before the break triggered some impressive football from the boys with German midfield maestro, Iklay Gundogan sending the boys towards a well earned three points.

5th July 2023
US Open Cup - 5th Round

LHU23-b.png

Having just made short work of the Revolution in the League we are soon given a taste of our own medicine as our near neighbors turn the tables to send us crashing out of the US Open Cup. No Silverware from the cup this season then. Having been so routinely beaten by our league rivals we can only hope it doesn't bleed over into our impressive MLS form.

15th July 2023
MLS

Jul23-b.png

Well that wasn't quite so bad. The boys rally from the disappointing defeat to salvage a point against a strong Atlanta side. United have been plagued by draws of late, scuppering their chances of pushing for the title and a Jack Cresswell equalizer did little to help the unfortunate side secure a spot in the playoffs however it was my battered squad that come out of it the worst...

Jul23-13th.png

Jul23-15th.png

22nd July 2023
MLS

Jul23-c.png

The cup exit hangover does not last long however as the Yankee Stadium is soon back up and rocking with a dominant performances against a sorry looking Chicago Fire. A quick opening goal from Enzo got us off to the perfect start with his midfield partner, Jack Cresswell continuing his fine form with a second to ensure all three points in style.

29th July 2023
MLS

Jul23-e.png

For the third time this month we go up against the Revolution and the boys pull out all the stops to ensure we remind New England just what we are capable of. With the Cup exit still lingering in the back of their minds, our inform Algerian playmaker leads the charge with our ever impressive midfield completing the rout as our unbeaten league form grows ever stronger.

July 2023
MLS - Eastern Conference

Jul23.png

July 2023
MLS - Supporters Shield

Jul23-1.png

With the club enjoying the best run of form in it's short history we now lock horns with the Red Bulls as we look to overthrow our rivals hold at the top of the table. With the end of the season already just a handful of games away, the boys are poised and ready to send us both towards a historic League title.

August 2023​

Aug23-z.png

5th August 2023
MLS

Aug23-a.png

Having been gifted an advantage courtesy of a red card within the opening ten minutes, it seemed the boys were set to keep the pressure high on New York Red Bulls as City look to grab their first ever MLS title. Despite the one man advantage the boys struggled to find a way through a resilient Columbus Crew eventually settling for a disappointing draw.

12th August 2023
MLS

Aug23-b.png

No such good fortune at the start of this game as Orlando City fire their way into an early lead with a goal gifted to them after just six minutes of football. To their credit the boys rallied admirably to score just before the half-time whistle but were unable to build on their equalizing goal as we are once again forced to claim just one solitary point.

19th August 2023
MLS

Aug23-c.png

The unbeaten streak is well and truly over. With City on the brink of snatching the top spot we are unable to build on our early hard work as Canadian heavyweights, Toronto pull off a well executed smash and grab, with some sound defending and a well worked set-piece sending the travelling fans back across the border happy.

26th August 2023
MLS

Aug23-d.png

That's a fine way to bounce back. Having allowed our Big Apple rivals some un-needed breathing room, we soon peg the League leaders back with a narrow victory in the Hudson derby. Thai striker, Anon Boonma timed his break-away run perfectly to cap a slick late move from the boys as we once again maintain our status as the kings in the Empire State.

August 2023
MLS - Eastern Conference

Aug23.png

August 2023
MLS - Supporters Shield
Aug23-1.png

We are top of the league...well one of them at least. Despite winning just the one game this month the club manages to topple the Red Bulls to lead the way in the Eastern Conference. With the boys now leading the way, there is no time to take our feet off the gas as we look to maintain our spot at the top and overthrow an inform Seattle in the race for the Supporters Shield.

Awesome stuff Jack, this management business isn't really that hard is it? :p

**** good run you've got going, leading a league. Hopefully a bigger side in Europe will take notice at the end of the season

Cheers Patrick, apparently this is my year... not that I've won anything yet.

Cheers Zanz, Awkwardly the end of the MLS season is after the Pre-season manager merry-go-round. Could make it harder to land a job.​

September 2023

Sep23-z.png

2nd September 2023
MLS

Sep23-a.png

The unbeaten run is over and with it goes our brief flirtation at the top as we are humbled by third placed Philadelphia in a disappointing game at the Yankee Stadium. Having gone behind after just one minute the boys struggled to drag their way back into the game with Union doubling their lead before we could even muster any form or reply. Wake up Call.

9th September 2023
MLS

Sep23-b.png

The boys respond magnificently as they smash their way past DC United. With the home side reduced down to ten men early in the first-half, the boys battled to find a way through some resilient defending until Jacob Hill found a crack on the hour mark, opening the flood-gates and putting the pressure back on Red Bulls.

30th September 2023
MLS

Sep23-c.png

That didn't last long. Western Conference leaders, Seattle Sounders welcome us to Washington state with a full blooded match but it wasn't until the dying minutes of the game that their Brazilian superstar, Willian broke the deadlock, all but assuring Seattle with the top spot and handing our league rivals a massive helping hand to the top spot.

September 2023
MLS - Eastern Conference
Sep23.png

September 2023
MLS - Supporters Shield

Sep23-1.png

A month of missed opportunities see's us quickly thrown from the top spot and gives the Red Bulls a whopping four point gap as we head into the final few games of the season. With the Western Conference looking incredibly strong in the Supporters Shield and the boys showing worrying signs when it matters we could be in for a torrid run in to the end of the season.

October 2023

Oct23-z.png

7th October 2023
MLS

Oct23-a.png

In the final month of the season itself we gain some quick-fire revenge over the only club that can knock us off at an automatic qualifying spot for the Semi-Final stage with a Jack Cresswell thunderbolt proving to be enough to split the two teams as we share the spoils in two incredibly tight games. The result proved to be all important...
Oct23-7th.png

14th October 2023
MLS

Oct23-b.png

With a spot in the Semi-Final booked it only remains for us to try and make a late surge to prize Red Bulls from the top spot but a disappointing draw against New England might have seen young Torres pick up a promising brace but also saw some hap-hazard defending gift Revolution with a point as they look to join us in the latter stages.

21st October 2023
MLS

Oct23-c.png

Once the biggest side in the MLS thanks to their block-buster signings of Beckham and Keane, Galaxy's crown has long since slipped as a solid Jacob Hill effort sends the club from La-La Land back to another disappointing defeat. With just one more game remaining the boys are looking to end on an impressive high unfortunately not everyone is going to be there to enjoy it...

Oct23-27th.png

28th October 2023
MLS

Oct23-d.png

With in-form striker Jacob-Hill sidelined until next season, the boys struggle to find a way past a resilient Rapid's side until a seemingly inspired Torres continues to showcase his potential with an equalizing game to send us into the knock-out stages on the back of a strong unbeaten run however tired legs are certainly starting to show...

Oct23-30th.png

October 2023
MLS - Easter Conference

Oct23.png

October 2023
MLS - Supporters Shield

Oct23-1.png

No Eastern Conference title for the boys this time around as we are forced to settle for second place in the running's and a respectable third place in the Supporters Shield. With everything now headed into the knock-out stages their is still hope that we can ****** something away from this season, that's if the squad can stop collapsing before the end...