Well that was ballsy...but they didn't laugh you off...interesting...

Well... I certainly didn't expect this! Come on City, you know you want to!

I have no idea Sammu! Try and act casual!

I certainly didn't expect it Matt! I'm just hoping the fans don't sober up before the board realise what they're asking for!

They're clearly more aware of my brilliance then Motherwell and company, that's all!

I think we might need to supply them with some form of bribe Scott!

As long as they give me one I'm sure I'll nail it Raar!

Have I earned this? Am I the best candidate? Do I even know why I'm in the running?

No. Most definitely not. But when you're about to become stupidly rich its very hard to care.

Whilst I await an invitation from City's affluent board, I can sit back in the admiration of the Citizen fans and view the soon to be changing face of football.

2027/28
Premier League

v4FgEF.png

As Carlo Ancelotti sits back and watches with smug satisfaction as Manchester City fall well short of his near dominant season with the Red Devils, he should probably be casting a rather wary eye towards Stamford Bridge as Chelsea make a return to the title race. Meanwhile at the other end of the table Fulham join Bristol City and Reading in an instant return to the Championship.

2027/28
Championship
cMNccV.png

With Two of last seasons promoted sides making an instant return, the fate of persistent yo-yo clubs, Burnley, Huddersfield and West Brom is probably already written on the wall before their arrival in the top flight. Meanwhile at the foot of the table Three long forgotten members of the Premier League elite all take another step back into obscurity and back into League One.

2027/28
League One

22laAQ.png

Having long been waiting in the depths, Coventry finally make a return to the Championship as they run riot over League One, with a resurgent Ebsfleet and a fortunate Burton Albion joining them in the fringes of the Premier League. However for Oldham, Chesterfield, Crewe and a hapless Accrington the top-flight must feel a world-away.

2027/28
League Two

Je32ql.png

Well the less said about this the better. Finally make their first step in the right direction for nearly a decade, Forest finally end the rot as they claw their way back out of League Two with Sheffield United, Leyton Orient and MK Dons following close behind, whilst Braintree and Crawley both crash their way back into Non-League football.

2027/28
Europa League
Ka17y4.png

Spurs finally make an impact in Europe as they they battle their way to the Europa League title. Having thrown their all into picking up some continental silverware, Spurs saw their Premier League campaign crash and burn but with Tottenham manager Roberto Martinez lifting the trophy in the San Nicola stadium I doubt the New White Hart Lane faithful cared.

2027/28
Champions League

W7nrdz.png

France. The crème de la crème of football. Having picked up the title just two years prior, Marseille cap their recent impressive form in the greatest club competition in football as they keep the trophy out of the hands of their rivals, Paris St Germain in the home of French football itself, the Stade de France. Does it get any better then that for Marseille fans?

Seems I might want to move across the Channel once I'm done draining Manchester of money.

As always if you want to know where your club came this far in the future just let me know.

A look at the top clubs' squads maybe? Just to take a look at how the footballing world stands

Marseille
PSG
Man City
Man United
Liverpool
Chelsea
Madrid
Barca

Unfortunately Raar is right. Checked the Teams and aside from a few players seeing out their last few seasons it's largely re-gens now.

I thought maybe the FIFA World XI and Balon Dor might be a bit better?

Cheers Guys!

Champagne, Caviar and Cigars.

All of it awaits me with the Citizens.

Whilst France revel in their new found status as a dominant force in Europe, I smugly sit back awaiting to take my belongings on the short journey up to Manchester.

A land of super cars, glamorous women and some of the world best players await me.

I'm ready....
vviwK3.png

...wait.

This isn't how this is supposed to work.

There must be some kind or error. Some kind of simple mistake.

Oh how we'll laugh about this when I take charge...There's no way I'll still be languishing in Barnet at the start of this season.

No way at all...

60tTAP.png

So It's another season with the Bee's.

Brilliant.

Having essentially fluked my way through to the Championship and surprising even myself with a comfortable debut in one of Europe's toughest Leagues, I wasn't exactly embracing the prospect of being shown up with what is certain to be a bruising second season in England's second tier.

Guess I best get to work forming a squad capable of holding together my now fragile ego.

5Rrc4f.png

First things first, if I'm going to somehow create a reputation capable of actually earning a route to the top, I'm going to need to make some space in the clubs rather limp wage-budget.

With no transfers out of the club, it's simply a matter of releasing Three players very surplus to requirements.

Left back, Gillesphey and backup stopper, Michael Wilson both failed to trouble the first-team during their time with the squad, with Andrew Patterson joining the duo on the footballing scrapyard later in the window.

TTrsFG.png

Bm3HNo.png

Cost: Free

First arrival of the window see's us make a quick move to add some depth to the flanks of our defence in the shape of Stuart Bowen. The Irish teenager arrives ready made to make some mazey runs down the flanks with his supreme balance and solid all round physical traits. Certainly one for the future.

4njjYe.png

Once the subject of a Fifty Three million pound transfer to the mighty Gunners, Argentinian winger Cervi arrives in Barnet looking to see out his career back in the capital. Despite being well into his veteran years the winger still possesses all the technical ability to make a huge impact in the season ahead.

4njjYe.png

Having netted a brace against us when playing for QPR last season, we quickly make the move to bring in Tom Henman to add some depth to our ever reliable strike force. Despite Cameron and Neal both proving to be more then capable of pulling their weight at this level, the added competition should hopefully keep the goals flowing in.

5sqpAa.png

Cost: £250,000

We do eventually tap what little remains of Barnets transfer budget to snap up Jay Boyd. The young stopper has been making waves in the Lower Leagues and with a Quarter of a million pound transfer seeing him make a deserved move to the Championship, he will eagerly be looking to force his way into the number one spot.

That should do.

Rather begrudgingly I repair some holes in the squad and make us ready for the season ahead.

With no chance of being taken lightly this season, it's going to prove a testing one for the Bee's.

I guess I should concentrate on maintaining my reputation.

Fat lot of good it's done me so far!

Gutted, but more of chance to grow that rep. Just wait till the 2nd tier elites come calling, the Evertons and RB Leipzig etc

Hey DJ,

Love this story, so close to getting one of the top jobs in England.

Are they rejecting you due to a lack of coaching badges?

After previously being considered the favourite for the job, it seems odd they would reject you due to your reputation and even your interview technique?

Regards,

Nosibor

Keep morale high Neavie!

I am too Raar! I think that's a realistic target but when I get linked with the mighty Manchester City I can't help but get carrier away!

Cheers Nosibor! always inching closer. I don't think it's the badges, I'm only one away from having them all now and my reputation is now sitting quite high but it seems I just interview horribly! Thanks as always!

Preseason 2028

p99FqE.png

8th July 2028
Friendly

YxAfN6.png

Doing our best to appear like a team that could potentially break into the top flight, the Bee's embark on their first pre-season tour as we head to Portugal. Oriental might not be the biggest team in Portugal...or even Lisbon but non the less an emphatic victory got the tour of to a sensational start. Now just to relax and soak up some Portuguese rays...

11th July 2028
Friendly

FpJucf.png

...Or we could make a quite frankly bizarrely brief return to London. Having long fallen to the way-side in Mother Russia, courtesy of the likes of Zenit and CSKA, Lokomotiv aren't exactly the impressive force they once where but another clinical performance, saw the boys once again impress. At least it was worth the trip to receive some welcome news...
15vlGR.png

15th July 2028
Friendly

hWgfA0.png

Having been assured that we would actually be staying in Portugal for longer then Three days by my slightly ashamed assistant manager, we quickly resumed our conquest of our host nation as we amble our way past Amora. The home-side proved to be way off the pace throughout the entire game as we comfortably secured the win courtesy of our inform strike duo.

18th July 2028
Friendly

kjAIDv.png

A short hop round the country has us go up against Nogueirense as we continue to pick on some of the smallest clubs around the country. A quick fire duo from the Bee's just beyond the quarter hour mark saw left winger Chris Brinkhurst coolly open the scoring from the penalty spot, with the lethal foot of Neal continuing to impress in the preseason. The Gulls however weren't awed by my Portuguese bullying.
gxUpiT.png

31st July 2028
Friendly

hU7OSR.png

We round off the preseason with a comfortable victory over Andorinha. A quick frankly dominant quarter of an hour of football saw us romp to a Three goal lead courtesy of some rapid play down the flanks before the seemingly unflappable Lloyd Neal ensured he remained firmly entrenched on the team-list with his Eighth goal of a stunning run of form.

Guide me to the top Neal.

With our talismanic strike-force seemingly in sensational form, the entirety of Barnet awaits the start of what could hopefully prove to be another promising season for the Bee's. The Hive will be buzzing...
5rI6Fb.png

It might not be the Stadio Olimpico, The Etihad Stadium or even Fir Park but non the less I can at least look forward to a potentially defining season for this mighty little club.

Time to make the most of it.

August 2028​

R6cK2S.png

5th August 2028
EFL Championship

EXBc7s.png

Having taken my seat in the dug-out with fans and fellow staff all likely muttering about my brief and foolish flirtation with Manchester City in the preseason, I thankfully am able to quickly re-assert myself as the man behind Barnet's increasingly impressive raise up the standings with a nervy victory over the newly promoted Brewers.

8th August 2028
EFL Cup - 1st Rnd

WvvARt.png

Milan, Paris, Barcelona. I could have been frolicking across Europe at the helm of a Premier League giant. Instead I find myself in deep darkest Gloucestershire on a miserable Tuesday Evening. Not that I'm bitter or anything. Non the less a comfortable victory for the Bee's has us make it into the next round of the competition. Perhaps a cup run could boost my reputation?
c96Ynu.png

12th August 2028
EFL Championship

1mjxF5.png

With the club continuing to do their best to improve my flagging morale with yet another Three goal victory, I actually sit currently at the helm of the League leaders. With the Bee's soaring up to the first place in the League it seems Europe is taking a rather inconvenient but encouraging last look at my managerial credentials...
9twcH4.png

t0y4cY.png

15th August 2028
EFL Championship

b3vQ8p.png

With the top flight of both Germany and Italy beckoning me closer, the boys rather predictably stop their free-scoring form. Non the less another well earned point maintains the Bee's early push into an unexpected promotion race but it seems the one all draw was more then enough for my Three suitors to make up their minds...
4CgIo7.png

s8MvUm.png

fdv2fA.png

19th August 2028
EFL Championship

Fc37ht.png

Well thanks for rubbing it in gentlemen. Dusting myself off from yet another ego battering run of failed interviews, we are quickly back into action with the Bee's as we frustrate another promotion hopeful in the shape of Norwich. As I resign myself to another season in the capital it at least looks like we're set for a solid season?

23rd August 2028
EFL Cup - 2nd Rnd

4e8tqg.png

Well that was humbling. Having gone on a convincing run last season, the boys hopes of another impressive start to League Cup are quickly dashed as Premier League side, Southampton thump four goals past our previously resilient defence with English veteran Harry Winks helping himself to an impressive hat-trick.

26th August 2028
EFL Championship

WR76nU.png

Bounce back ability. This club has it in abundance. On the back of a Four goal whitewash the boys return to League action to grind out an impressive victory over the Black Cats. Having not long dragged themselves back into the Championship a clumsy red card see's Sunderland hand us all Three points.

August 2028
EFL Championship

LMILPC.png

Who needs a shortcut to the top of European football?

The Bee's are unstoppable. Swarming up the League the club now finds itself at a dizzying Third place as we look to dig our heels in and cling on to a surprising place in the promotion race. Based on our first month of Championship football we're certainly looking like the real deal.

At this rate it might just be my best shot!

September 2028

TNqHpQ.png

9th September 2028
EFL Championship

17NMZd.png

In a bruising encounter between The Bee's and the Blue's both sides are unable to do the beautiful game any justice as an ugly game of football boils down to just one lone effort from the still faultless Lloyd Neal and a firery finish as some clumsy challenges and all round frustrations sees both sides end with ten men.

12th September 2028
EFL Championship

luCw0S.png

Welcome back Coventry. Having smashed their way through League One, the newly promoted Sky Blues are left feeling wanted as the the boys cruise their way to a thumping Five goal victory. An impressive all round performance saw The Hive crowd witness Five goals before the Fifty minute mark with Coventry fighting back to at least give the travelling support something to cling on to.

16th September 2028
EFL Championship

yqcuTG.png

A surprising top of the table clash between Barnet and the Cottagers has us finally taste their first League defeat of the season as we are cruelly sent on the short journey back to the Hive on the back of a narrow one goal defeat.Despite the deflating loss the narrow defeat did little to damped the clubs growing promotion hopes!

23rd September 2028
EFL Championship

AqWqXR.png

Having just talked up the clubs promotion hopes a deflating draw with Ebbsfleet suggests last weeks cruel defeat might have taken the wind out of the boys sails. The home side are relegation candidates and if it wasn't for a thunderous effort from the head of defender Charlie Cooper it could have been a whole lot worse.

26th September 2028
EFL Championship

x52GE7.png

That's one way to end any doubts. The ever-present battle of the Bee's has Barnet come out on top as they comfortably see off former Premier League side Barnet. A dominant game of football saw Brentford somehow go into the break with a point still on the line but thankfully the unflappable Lloyd Neal capped a convincing performance to pick up all Three points.

30th September 2028
EFL Championship
nfaK2e.png

Leaving nothing left on the pitch, Bury and Barnet keep swinging at one another right up until the final whistle as an Eight goal thriller eventually see's the Bee's break free. With goals coming from across the entire team, it seems we are all up for it at this early stage of the season. Who knows where this kind of commitment could take us?

September 2028
EFL Championship
XRK2ZZ.png

Try and stop us. Just Try it.

With the boys firmly focusing on capping this monumental raise up the Leagues it looks like we're not going to settle until we drive the Bee's into the promised land itself.

My time at the Hive might be frustrating but how can I possibly resent any of my time with this stunning little club.

Those spells at Guiseley and Torquay must seem a distant memory with you in the upper echelons of the Championship!!

Can you put up your managerial history so far?

Last edited:
Can't believe you didn't get a new job over the summer, well actually having read your previous saves yes i can believe it but you know what i mean!

I'm sure this is the season you get another job and seeing as i can't bet my (lego) house on it as you claimed it last time i'll bet my (scalextric) car this time ;)

Superb to see this is still going DJ! Still pop by and catch up when I can. It would be interesting to see your replies to the questions etc on a job interview as it seems you have the worst luck on them. Do you not simply just reply with what they want to hear to get the job? as 75% of the time that clinches it

They are indeed Edd, although I'm still awaiting a monumental fall from grace! Here you go!

To be honest nor could I Neavie! Genuinely thought I might be set for an actual shot at finishing this challenge for the first time! Don't tempt me to reject any offers that come me why!

Cheers Dan! Thanks for popping in! I think I'm answering them as best as I can but I'm not all that sure?! I'll try and post up one when I next can! Thanks again!​

October 2028

YeaKVn.png

14th October 2028
EFL Championship

gurm7w.png

Having taken the League by storm in the first two months of the season, we are quickly sent a firm reminder of just how much we have to build before we can genuinely mount a push into the Premier League as a humbling month of football kicks off with a spirited draw against a Derby side struggling to gain any momentum at this early stage.

21st October 2028
EFL Championship

el1ern.png

Barnsley are next to frustrate the Bee's as we are held to a goalless draw at a jam packed Hive Stadium. Having struggled to build any breakthroughs past a rigid Barnsley defence, a late red card seemed to suggest we might just be able to take something from the game but the thoroughly determined visitors held on to the point with grim determination.

28th October 2028
EFL Championship

3RyQnj.png

Having dropped points in the previous two games our promotion credentials are given an even bigger shakedown as current leaders, Bristol City deservedly pick up all the points. Despite the result it was non the less another encouraging performance from the boys with City's talented bench eventually proving to make the all important difference.

31st October 2028
EFL Championship

fL9Ob0.png

Rounding off a rather demoralising month of football comes a convincing defeat to the increasingly impressive Blackburn. Having arrived into the League with us last season, Rovers have gone from strength to strength and with an impressive squad and a seemingly vast budget behind them, perhaps the former Premier League winners are about to make a long awaited return.

October 2028
EFL Championship

zeo1fA.png

Despite thankfully failing to pick up a victory at any point this month, the club still manages to keep a grip on the play-off spots with a still impressive fourth place. With the genuine contenders starting to make some strong progress towards the title it seems we're already being distanced.

I'll quite happily settle for a place in the playoffs.

I cant believe these clubs arent picking you up!! Are their philosophies and yours not gelling?