View attachment 297044
Ok so I finally found out how to change my files from .bmp files to .jpg files. This is my manager profile here, I have 990k to spend so hopefully I'll be able to sell Gunnarsson to bring in a big player.

Transfers; In:
Ardyan Flamengo to Cardiff (Release clause £875k)
Wes Hoolahan Norwich to Cardif (£3.6 million)

Transfers; Out:
Aron Gunnarsson Cardiff to Reading (£3.2 million)
Adedji Oshilaja Cardiff to Macclesfield (loan)
Craig Conway Cardiff to Leicester (£1.4 million)
Tommy Smith Cardiff to Nottingham Forest (loan, fee 20k p/m)
Ben Nugent Cardiff to Port Vale (loan)
Kadeem Harris Cardiff to Rotheram (loan)

League:
View attachment 297188
Our league form has been good so far 1 defeat in 4 league games

Cardiff--------2-1----Middlesbrough
Hudson (13)-------(5) Williams
Velikonja (90+1)
Whittingham (13)
m/pen

Peterborough---0-1---Cardiff
(42) Velikonja

Cardiff-------4-1-----Blackpool
Connolly (3)-----(57) Delfouneso
Bellamy (11)
Velikonja (34,55)

Hull--------2-1----Cardiff
Simpson (55) (73) Velikonja
Fryatt (78)
Diao (63)
Sent off

League Cup:
Cardiff------2-1------Aldershot 1st round
Kim Bo (86)-----(44) Vincenti
Velikonja (115)

Cardiff---------1-2-------Blackburn 2nd round
McNaughton (47) (27) Velikonja o.g.
-----------------(44) Rhodes

Good start to the season hopefully it continues into the next update.

Last edited:
Another great season for Colwyn Bay, however this time promotion was much more straight forward as we surpassed the 100 point mark on the way to the Blue Square Bet Premier title. In the FA cup we managed to navigate our way into the third round again, drawing 0-0 at home to Huddersfield before falling to a heavy 5-0 defeat in the replay. Another disappointment came in the FA Trophy as we lost in the final on penalties to Dagenham and Redbridge but I was never too bothered about his competition, although the 5 points would have been nice for the challenge.

View attachment 297317View attachment 297314View attachment 297316View attachment 297315

My youth intake for the year was very poor, with the highest potential of any player being just 1 star, although I suppose that is all that can be expected with my current facilities. However, I was able to bring in one very exciting Wales under 21 international striker on a free who has the potential to be a good championship striker after scouring the Welsh League. I was after him for the whole season but I couldn't afford his £1000 a week wage demands, but strangely I went to offer him a contract towards the end of the season and he only wanted £130 a week.

View attachment 297319View attachment 297318

I've only played one game so far in league 2, a 3-2 away victory at Rotherham but I'm hoping my squad will have enough to at least get into the playoffs and maybe automatic promotion but I think it will depend on what further loan deals I am able to get throughout the season as my loan signings last year were pivotal in our good form. I am going to play Humphreys as my first choice poacher in the hope he can develop quite a lot despite our poor training facilities. I also made an effort to try to sign more Welsh players but only 3 of my 1st 11 are currently Welsh, and 2 more Welsh players in the 1st team squad. Obviously it would be nice to have a few more, but I am more concerned with getting into the Premier League quickly so I can improve our facilities and get more money into the club.​

Just bought my first ever footie manager today and its finished installing now so im gonna start with Wrexham. Not sure how i will do because ive never played the game before but hopefully it wont be to difficult to get used to.

Just bought my first ever footie manager today and its finished installing now so im gonna start with Wrexham. Not sure how i will do because ive never played the game before but hopefully it wont be to difficult to get used to.

Good luck and welcome to the FM community.

Aargh. I'll have to restart my save as I have lost the save. I'll be Colwyn Bay this time.

It's been a while but I finally got around to finish the fourth season. And after a long and dreading season of 46 league games and 3 playoff matches, we escapee the **** known as conference. Hello Football League!
We've played a decent season but slipped a bit in the end, only winning 1 of the last 5 games, while Fleetwood won all of those. Whatever, after eliminating Chester (1-0 A, 3-3e H) Forest Green were the only ones left to stop us and they obviously failed (1-0 yet again). Oh, cups have been okay. The FA Trophy was a disaster (first round exit) while I recorded my best FA Cup run so far, reaching round two where we lost to Colchester in a hard-fought game.

View attachment 297708View attachment 297709

The players performed as to be expected. Ryan Doble, Sanmi Odelusi and Ben McKenna were the triangle up front which made my system work. Otherwise the team's been completely average. The defense didn't function all that well for multiple reasons (mostly bad luck with injuries tbh), the midfield did a decent but not great job and playing with wing backs in the lower leagues must have been one of the worst ideas I ever had as those just don't exist.

View attachment 297715View attachment 297716View attachment 297717

Regarding the tactics, I've always wanted to try a three-man defense and considering how hard it is to find usable wingers in the conference I decided to go for it. It's nowhere near perfect so far, but were getting closer.

View attachment 297721

The youth seems to give me a few decent prospects who might become good enough for League Two, but no one will enter the first time in foreseeable time. Huw Hughes (see page 17) is still our number one "gem" (he might be a solution at WBR though lol).

Seriously looking forward to next season, certainly won't take me as long as this one :D

Also, great to see how well everybody is doing, this challenge is so much more fun if there is some kin of competition so KIU guys.

e: Two more things:
1) We're building a new stadium, which is good as Llanelian Road will probably never accomodate Champion League football
2) Ryan Doble is part of the Welsh Euro preliminary squad. ****** ****, Wales does indeed need my help... :D

Last edited:
My favorite moment as Colwyn Bay manager so far, after drawing Manchester United away in the 3rd round of the FA Cup I was delighted in terms of finances but though it gave me no chance of going through......... but after we drew 1-1 with them at Old Trafford and got them back to Llanelian Road with 4,000 Welshmen cheering us on, this happened..........

View attachment 297799

It's fair to say I was pretty chuffed when Noel Makombo-Eboma (what a name) rose like a salmon to head in Davey Humphrey's corner in the 121st minute! Roll on the 4th round, we're at home to Hull so we are still massive underdogs but if we can beat Manchester United then Hull should be a doddle :p

Edit: Well things just get even better as we beat Hull in the 4th round! In the 5th round we will be away to either Premier League Reading or Barnsley of the championship.

View attachment 297806View attachment 297805

Last edited:
Update!

Well the first season I slogged, and didn't holiday a single game resulted in this.

View attachment 298366

Here's the side I'm using, I brought in two wingers on loan for some depth and a defender to replace williams next season, Rangel wanted to leave at 34 to chase titles. I felt like telling him the only title he'd be chasing would be the Npower CHampionship if he left... Sadly that's not an option ;)

View attachment 298365 View attachment 298367

That's my squad and the FA cup we won a few years ago that I forgot about.

Just finished season 16/17 and gotta admit I'm quite pleased with achieving promotion to League One immediately. Still, no division win yet, costs me quite a few points by now...
Surprisingly we did really well from the start as we always tinkered around the playoff places until going on a 24 match unbeaten run (club record so far) to lift us up to 2nd. We pretty much stumbled into promotion though, securing 3rd place on the last day with a 6-0 at Burton after slumping a bit. Whatever, League One it is next year!

Cup competitions have been okay. Carling Cup (lose after penalties at Barnsley) and JPT (0-1 at Bury) were over in Round 1, FA Cup was over in round 3 where we lost to League Two dominators Southend yet again on penalties (1-1 both matches).

View attachment 298888View attachment 298889

Any guesses who has been our most influential player this season? I've been raving about him a bit recently. Ryan Doble it is once more, scoring 22 goals and assisting 7 in his 42 games. His real contribution though was to just win every single ******* header up front to be honest...
The other main axis of our success were our wing backs Alex Nicholson (loan, Newcastle) and Wayne Lockwood (loan, Crewe). The latter especially impressed while the former will spend the coming season in Colwyn Bay as well (again on loan). Those two however gave us something we never really had before - WIDE PLAY! Seriously, sudddenly we had crosses coming from both sides of the box searching for Doble's head and sometimes even finding it!
Last I wanna present the discovery of the season, our club record signing, Kyle Skeldon. The 17 yo came in for a whopping 9k from Tamworth and almost immediately entered our starting line up. He is just amazing for his age, already English U19 international and our centerpiece for years to come hopefully. Pretty excited about him.

View attachment 298891View attachment 298892View attachment 298904View attachment 298895

Next, the youth. I'm pleased with how things are going right now, especially since we are getting decent prospects as it seems. Apart from Skeldon we do have a few Championship quality prospects from our own youth. I'm just gonna mention three guys I have high hopes for. Huw Hughes came with our third youth candidates team and didn't look too impressive originally (cf p. 17). Well, he has improved quite a bit and is by now a regular face in our match squad, helping out on both wing back positions and doing so quite well. After this season he'll probably take over the WBR position from Alex Nicholson as I really want to develop him as well as possible. Then there is Stuart Bloor, came in one year after Huw. He is supposed to be a striker but he'll never get a game there for me, to me he looks more like a midfielder or something, we'll see. He definitely is talented though and develops very nicely, according to my staff he'll make Championship level when developed correctly - I'm not sure if they're right. Bloor's 2nd nationality is Welsh btw. Last there is Robbie Bond, came in for nada from TNS. He's 100% English sadly but still a pretty good prospect, gonna spend a year at BSP side Stockport to get some match practice and will take over his position in a year or two when Ziani retires.

View attachment 298897View attachment 298898View attachment 298899

I was able to secure signatures of two rather big names and was beaten to a third very big name. The latter was Glen Johnson who really sucks right now (probably due to injuries). "Sucks" as in "not quite Prem quality". He would have joined as a player/DoF but decided to go for League Two outfit Bristol Rovers sadly. The two rather big names are Luke Shaw (loan, Southampton) and Karim Ziani (free, former OM and Wolfsburg player, 75 caps for Algeria). Shaw will have to fill Lockwood's footsteps while Ziani is a somewhat perfect AMC for my system. Not too shabby for his 34 years and earning peanuts at Colwyn Bay.
Apart from that, players like Doble, Skeldon and Humbert still are key parts of the team and will have to perform well to avoid relegation. Another straight promotion should be impossible, I'd be happy to achieve a safe midfield position.

View attachment 298900View attachment 298901View attachment 298902

Looking good guys! Have been away for a while am back now and will do an update on the table this afternoon!

Holy moly! I MUST GET HIM. If you are wondering about the date it is because I had to load up v3, but nothing was lost so it is fine!

View attachment 298960

Yup Kezz that guy is a beast. If you can get them down to like 40 mil it would be easy. But it seems like teams are throwing money around in your save atm

Another successful season for the Bay, as we marched to our 3rd consecutive league title. We didn't start the season particularly great but once we took over from Southend as the league leaders we never looked back and we even managed to get to the 5th round of the FA cup with a couple of giant killings on the way as mentioned on a previous post before succumbing to Reading in the 5th round. Our Welsh striker Dave Humphries who we brought in from the Welsh League surpassed my expectations, winning the League 2 player of the season with around 20 goals and 15 assists, his stats have improved well and the coaches think he can become a good Premier League striker. I only hope nobody comes in with a bid for him as I expect the board would go over my head due to our current financial situation.

View attachment 298984View attachment 298982View attachment 298983View attachment 298985

The board has also decided to build a new stadium which although sounds like good news, it may affect me in the short term as I was given no additional wage budget and so I could only get a couple of loan signings and a free transfer in for the start of my league 1 campaign, although the season has started with 3 wins and 1 loss in the 4 we have played so I may be able to get another promotion if we stay injury free.

View attachment 298992

Here is an updated challenge table

If any one feels like I am missing anything let me know. Also, if everyone could list their achievements that would make the tally's underneath the table match up properly. Good hunting guys!

Player
Swansea
Cardiff
Wrexham
Newport
Cowlyn Bay
Wales
Total
JonoMUFC

Kezza96

Wynters115

Chris Stevenson