I have to admit I've not played my save and won't be until the ME is fixed.

Well I've taken wales to the world cup I'll post squad, results etc in a story sometime this week :)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

A tribute to a Welshman with a vision. Gary Speed a true cult hero for many, a legend for some, one to be remembered for all. As a salute to Gary Speed's dedication to the welsh national team I've devised a challenge for people to try to emulate and surpass Gary's vision. Bring Glory to Wales, start with the foundations, a solid youth team. So, I thought that I'd make a spin off from the San Marino Challenge. This one requires a little less dedication, since Swansea are already in the Prem, and Cardiff are in the Championship. However, The main aspect to this Challenge is to harvest young welsh talent and turn the national side into a contender. Now, Let's all think for a moment about the Barca team, That is a perfect example of home grown talent. Emulate that and bring pride to Wales!

We've taken many suggestions from last season and the main one seems to be managers wanting to add the Welsh Premier league into the fold. We are very keen to do this and it is in the works - so if you want to manger Bangor City or TNS go ahead and post on here as part of the challenge and we will eventually add your points onto the chart.

Wales lift World Cup trophy

View attachment 283031

Wales 0-0 England (World Cup Final)

(Wales won 3-1 on penalties)

On a warm afternoon at Maracanã, Wales' Aaron Ramsey lived the dream of many a supporter as he lifted the World Cup after Wales' 3-1 World Cup Final penalty win over England.

The first noteworthy incident of the match proved to be controversial, with Wales seeing a goal disallowed. Striker Wayne Rooney's red card for persistent fouling on 121 minutes put England's position under question.

In the shootout that followed it turned out to be heartache for England as striker Danny Welbeck missed the final penalty.

Wales had the better possession but struggled to stay onside when going forward, resulting in broken sequences of play.

Player of the Match: Joe Hart (England)
Attendance: 76,000

View attachment 283033View attachment 283032

There you have it, I couldn't have asked for a better Final playing against England. I always knew if I got the easy route I could just bank on playing counter attacking with a 5 man defence. It paid off and Wales are champions of the world :) I'll look at doing a complete story with videos in the near future because I think it's one of those things that will remain special :)

There is no way you won the World Cup with Wales without cheating!

Well I can tell you now I didn't cheat, a lot of my games either relied on draws that lead to penalties or easy matches. I employed a new formation that would see me attack from the start and have five in defense with counter attacking football when I get a lead. Also in the final you'll see I held them to a boring 0 - 0 but had my players wind up England hoping to get someone sent off which has worked in the past. Rooney of course was the person so take out a key penalty taker plus the morale and fitness have now taken an impact on the team.

Shoot outs are pot luck and for me I have a great penalty line up. Also you'll notice the year I'm in, most of my welsh line up are regens carefully scouted (I spend hours doing it) so that my line up will be able to compete. At the end of the day most my results where against sub standard teams plus when the big teams come along all I have to do is put a brick wall up and pray something comes off it. Looks how many times it's happened in football. I'll be the first to admit its not even remotely great football and yes it can be boring and cheap to field a defensive team. End of the day I was out to get a result, at any cost.

Now that I've explained that I'll try get a fixture list of the pc now and I'll transfer it to the iPad and I'll walk you through various things. I won't post a whole detailed thing as I have a busy work schedule between now and my next day off.

ryqupe6a.jpg

So above is the fixture list, you'll see my first match was a friendly against Argentina. This was deliberate, I had to plan on playing a big team, they where perfect even more so knowing I could potentially play them at any point.

a5u8upa7.jpg

So we lost, put up a good fight but only so much we can do. Look at the formation then in other matches youll see playing the way I did was no good. A great learning curve, especially when I have brazil.

nu7ymuqu.jpg

Note the new formation, close all the way and we only really win it at the end with a lucky final goal. Either way it's a good start, attacking, using shouts pass to feet play to wings and stand on feet and using bale as a target man.

ne6a4edu.jpg

This was the one match Gareth Bale really shone through, completely tore up Mexico, I can see why on other saves he's worth so much. Same formation, target man, bale is quite literally holding the team up. Amazing result, but Mexico are not that highly rated (27th in the world)

a9enuryj.jpg

Okay so here it is, Brazil. You'll notice the same formation, however I had my team play real rough, I wanted them to hurt Brazil. Now I'll agree playing dirty is wrong but it got dede sent off. That helped us secure a draw, just counter attack and wind them up.

vemahe7y.jpg

pemuvu5y.jpg

Now you see Wales is playing a new formation, Bale is now up front causing terror. It works out quite well and the midfield you'll notice is holding most of the game. City start to score late on, they exhausted my team but they held out. The new formation has worked. It was a huge risk changing it against Argentina, they expected Wales to defend and counter, even more so when I told the press that. I love mind games, what a great surprise I thought, bale upfront, nobody expected that.

7ugutuqy.jpg

Spain was going to be a game I was going to have trouble with. Play rough would be the plan for this. We went down then came back from the dead. 80 minutes gone I switched to overload. Conceded then scored, absolute amazing moment when that happened. The key to the whole thing is the new formation, I'll say here I don't look at anyone elses formation for ideas, use them as templates, I simply toy with ideas on paper and work with I know what's best.

We won on penalties as you see, I turned the 2d on for this. Great moment all round, I knew my 14 to 12 plus players on penalty stats would do me well (tommorow I'll upload the keeper as I forgot.)

So the 'cheat' comment now rather annoys me as I thinks it's more luck. Still luck wins it.

9aru8ava.jpg

Won't go much in to detail on this one as I'm looking for a draw really. I get a lucky goal right at the end that puts me in the final. So yea you can see that I really held on and then threw everything at them. Either way it worked and a good gamble I thought.

usyhuhy2.jpg

Game plan was to hold on and get a lucky goal. I also went with a huge gamble of winding the England team up. If it works then someone is going to get sent off, if it doesn't it's me and that could be costly. So look at the midfield, 33% the formation worked well. In the end Rooney got sent off, oh boy did that make me happy for penalties. you'll notice not the best England takers took and I the end that's what cost them.

So overall youll see I took a gamble on matches, penalties and last minute goals where a big factor. So was playing dirty, but I wouldn't have done anything different. Below are players, world rankings and my tactics. Wales are world champions, it wasn't the best way but it got the job done.

6y6e7yty.jpg

ma3y3y5y.jpg

a8egehap.jpg

avyva5y5.jpg

avy6ydu2.jpg

amusesyd.jpg

9umuqe9a.jpg

I'll end it with this from Charles "Mask" Lewis Jr.

Life is full of influences, It's your application that sets you apart.

That's something I wrote to myself and completely believe in. You can't be scared to set out to do something in life because you believe it may be similar to something, or because you don't know the clear cut path on how you're going to accomplish your goal or dream!

Just take a step towards your belief daily - fearlessly, wholeheartedly, digging and dreaming within yourself, believing that as you push on through sacrifice, you will one day stand alone on top of a hill that you created that now encourages and inspires others to chase their dream. Knowing that through tenacity and patience anything can be achieved.

If you simply believe

Last edited:
I will add you to the Champions board in the AM. Good looking results there.

I'm having a go with Swansea, if I fail I won't come back. Anyone thought about being Swansea and loaning out players by the shipload to Port Talbot and Newport County to drag up the Welsh league and another Welsh side as well? It makes no sense selling players with no value when I can drag up the other Welsh teams.

I'm having a go with Swansea, if I fail I won't come back. Anyone thought about being Swansea and loaning out players by the shipload to Port Talbot and Newport County to drag up the Welsh league and another Welsh side as well? It makes no sense selling players with no value when I can drag up the other Welsh teams.

Yeah I did that when I was cardiff, sent all my young players to the welsh clubs I had as feeders. I also am trying that with my Wrexham side, although the quality isn't quite as good.

Yeah I did that when I was cardiff, sent all my young players to the welsh clubs I had as feeders. I also am trying that with my Wrexham side, although the quality isn't quite as good.
It looks effective, Port Talbot don't look like they'll be that much stronger but they'll be better and I've sent Newport two strikers who are several divisions above their leagues quality so I'm expecting them to be promoted.

It looks effective, Port Talbot don't look like they'll be that much stronger but they'll be better and I've sent Newport two strikers who are several divisions above their leagues quality so I'm expecting them to be promoted.

Will make a difference in a few years when you take the Wales job, that is for sure, on my FM12 challenge save I was in 2019 with Wales and we were on the brink of forcing ourselves into the top 10. I was the manager of TNS for most of that working on improve tactics and solidifying welsh Talent.

So you also managed TNS to guarantee the Welsh league grew massively? Although it is important to prioritise getting your club to the top first as then you're in a better position to help the rest of Wales. I reckon with a bit of luck you could get five Welsh clubs into the PL and get the Welsh League professional by only managing a Welsh club in England.

So you also managed TNS to guarantee the Welsh league grew massively? Although it is important to prioritise getting your club to the top first as then you're in a better position to help the rest of Wales. I reckon with a bit of luck you could get five Welsh clubs into the PL and get the Welsh League professional by only managing a Welsh club in England.

Aye, you could probably do that, although I think that would be a harder road. Since you are only managing one club. When I was TNS I was making it to the champions league group stage every year securing millions of pounds for the club. I would easily win the WPL and the welsh cup. My youth squad was full of 4 1/2 star PA players all welsh just waiting to hit the big club. Although I had to sell many of them as they didn't want to play for TNS. The welsh u19 and u21 squads were making it to the finals of almost every tournament they were in. The welsh national team were just starting to get good when fm13 came out lol

Aye, you could probably do that, although I think that would be a harder road. Since you are only managing one club. When I was TNS I was making it to the champions league group stage every year securing millions of pounds for the club. I would easily win the WPL and the welsh cup. My youth squad was full of 4 1/2 star PA players all welsh just waiting to hit the big club. Although I had to sell many of them as they didn't want to play for TNS. The welsh u19 and u21 squads were making it to the finals of almost every tournament they were in. The welsh national team were just starting to get good when fm13 came out lol
Oh, now I understand. I'm not going to take it that far, I'm just going to loan.

First season with Wrexham was very up and down won some matches by huge margins then slipped up after that losing 3 in a row. Managed to find form just before playoffs and carried it to Wembley.

Well done on promotion Faulky! I'm doing well at the moment and I'll have an update up in the next few days.