The Goodison Grind.

• Thread starter Thread starter landorin
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 250
  • Views Views 67K
Sure, here he is:
View attachment 293061

He's the 3rd player I've sold for £50m after Griezemann and Hazard, Hazard was actually £51m

Definitely not worth the 50 m he was sold for, i guess potential is there but based on attributes alone. You made a great deal! Hopefully you get a good intake this year so you can promote some of your U18 to the senior team to cover for your squad :)

Can you upload your save mate?

Wouldn't mind a crack at using your team :)

SEASON 2018/2019
February

View attachment 293134

Premier League
vs Middlesbrough [H]

W 4-0
Torres 40, Greenwood 61, Ranguin 77, Aydogan 80 [MOM: Greenwood]

"Very solid home performance once again, the football is fluid and goals are going in."

---Yemi Njoku out for 5 weeks with fractured ribs---

"Hopefully Yemi will come back soon, we've missed him during the African Nations Cup and now we'll have to do without a bit longer."

Premier League
vs Cardiff [A]

W 3-0
Vincent 2, Aydogan 30, Greenwood 61 [MOM: Vincent]

vs Leicester [H]

W 2-0
Reiß 8, Adelcio 52

"Good back to back performances against Cardiff and Leicester, we have been solid at the back and the goals are still being shared around which is nice to see."

FA Cup 5th Round
vs Chelsea [H]

D 3-3
Duarte 26, Aydogan 35, 67

---Reiß out for 3 weeks---

"We fought back from 2 goals down and then equalised again to make it 3-3, I was hoping we could get a 4th goal but it wasn't to be and we'll have to try and win the tie at their place. Marc Reiß picked up a knock and will miss a few weeks action."

Premier League
vs Manchester United [A]

W 1-0
Adryan 14, Adryan sent off 57

"It was vital we won this game, Utd have been brilliant so far in the league this season so I'm delighted with the win. Adryan scored a wonderful free kick but then saw red in the second half. We held on somehow and got the crucial 3 points."

Champions League 1st Knockout Round 1st Leg
vs Shakhtar [A]

L 1-2
Duarte 63, Aydogan missed pen 37

---Vincent out for 5 weeks---

"Really disappointing trip to the Ukraine for us. Vincent picked up a nasty injury and will miss some important games! Esref missed his chance from the spot but we did get an important away goal in the second half and hopefully we can get the job done at home."

Everton Player of the Month:
View attachment 293153
Duarte: Came in and played a crucial role this month, scoring some goals which may prove to be vital​

SEASON 2018/2019
March

View attachment 293168

Premier League
vs Southampton [H]

W 1-0
Kocherov 33 [MOM: Maguid]

"This was one of those games where no matter how hard we tried we could only find one goal! We had 30 shots at goal today! Thankfully one of them was enough and we got the win."

FA Cup 5th Round Replay
vs Chelsea [A]

L 1-3
Kocherov 58

"The lads are starting to look weary and we could have done without this extra game to be honest. It might be a blessing in disguise that we are out of the cup at this stage!"

---Newcastle sack Lee Clarke and appoint Alan Shearer as manager---

---Everton Youth Intake---

View attachment 293171
"Very disappointed this year, the calibre of talent is not up to its usual mark, I can only identify one player from the group who has a chance to make it here."

Premier League
vs Norwich [A]

W 3-1
Greenwood 7, Aydogan 12, 89 [MOM: Aydogan]

"Aydogan seems to be in a head to head race with Danny Welbeck to win the Golden Boot this year, both strikers are going great guns to outdo the other. I just hope Esref keeps scoring as his goals are the reason we are flying high again this year."

Champions League 1st Knockout Round 2nd Leg
vs Shakhtar [H]

W 8-0
Aydogan 4, 34, 76, 77, Kocherov 28, Greenwood 30, 59, 83 [MOM: Aydogan]

"A simply stunning performance tonight! The result is what happens when a team plays to the peak of their ability. We were frightening in attack and looked like scoring every time we went forward! A fantastic way to end the month and we are full of confidence for our next game away at Anfield!"

---Everton to face Manchester United in Champions League Quarter Final---

View attachment 293175
Esref Aydogan - Another month full of goals from the young superstar!

View attachment 293176
United are having one **** of a season and will take some catching!!!​

Season 2018/2019
April

View attachment 293410

Premier League
vs Liverpool [A]

D 1-1
Wellington Nem 12

"We went ahead and got pegged back almost instantly in what was a fast and frantic opening! A draw was probably the fair result but we really needed a win here."

Champions League Quarter Final 1st Leg
vs Manchester United [A]

L 1-2
Torres 84

"Our hopes of progressing got a boost when we scored a crucial away goal but we'll have to be at our very best in the return leg as United have a strong side this year and are in top form."

Premier League
vs Leeds [H]

W 3-1
Cohen 45+2, Pfeiffer 62, Adelcio 89

"Our great home form continues as a rotated side got the better of Leeds today. Games are coming thick and fast and I wanted to rest a few players before the United match."

Champions League Quarter Final 2nd Leg
vs Manchester United [H]

W 1-0 [2-2 on agg. Everton win on away goals]
Aydogan sent off 2, Njoku 34

"All was looking lost when Aydogan was harshly sent off very early on. However it seemed to galvanise the team and we scored from a set piece, from then on it was back to walls defending and we somehow managed to hold and progress through to the Semi finals!!"

Premier League
vs Newcastle [H]

W 4-0
Duarte 7, 45, Aydogan 46, 84

"We have to negotiate 4 games in a week and they are all tough ones! Today I thought we were great and deserved the win and perhaps could've scored more than we did!"

vs Arsenal [H]

W 2-0
Torres 35, Aydogan 77 [MOM: Torres]

"Very happy with the victory today, we are managing to keep pace with United at the top."

vs Chelsea [A]

L 1-4
Lee 26, Torres sent off 71

"The red card changed everything, Chelsea went on to score 3 times afterwards as we started to tire, this busy week is taking its toll and may end up costing us the title!"

vs Manchester City [A]

L 0-2

"Our 4th game in 8 days and back to back defeats for the first time in a long time! We weren't at the races and I'll admit I had one eye on Tuesday's Semi-final! We'll need United to slip up if we want to retain our title."

Champions League Semi Final 1st Leg
vs Juventus [H]

W 3-0
Wellington Nem 7, Torres 23, Adelcio 44 [MOM: Torres]

"A Fantastic win tonight! We did all the damage in the first half and keep a clean sheet, we can go to Turin full of confidence and I expect us to reach the final once again this year!"

Premier League
vs Tottenham [A]

W 2-1
Torres 68, 84 [MOM: Torres]

"We finish the month with a very hard fought win over Spurs, we had to come back from behind and managed to nick it late on with a great goal from Nico Torres!"

Nico Torres - Some fine performances from the Spaniard

We are 11 points behind United with 3 games in hand. 5 more league games to go for us!​

Season 2018/2019
May [Part One]
View attachment 293604

Premier League
vs Reading [H]

W 3-2
Aydogan 25, 88, Torres 54 [MOM: Aydogran]

"Never give up is a motto my team lives by. We earned a crucial 3 points here late on to keep our unlikely title challenge going."

vs Tottenham [H]

W 1-0
Greenwood 60

"Its always tough to play a game just 2 days after the last one but we grinded out a win today. We only have two days until we travel to Turin and I hope we have enough left in the tank."

Champions League Semi Final 2nd Leg
vs Juventus [A]

L 1-3 [Everton win 4-3 on agg.]
Duarte 29

"Once we took the lead I was confident we would make it into the final, Juve really gave it a go in the second half, despite losing the game I'm proud of the lads and we are in the Champions League Final once again! It will be a repeat of last years final as we face Manchester City again!"

Premier League
vs Aston Villa [H]

W 4-0
Aydogan 12, 15 Greenwood 31, 52 [MOM: Greenwood]

"A strong performance against a struggling Villa side, We are not giving up on the title and need to keep winning to take it to the final day!"

vs Chelsea [H]

W 5-1
Greenwood 1, 58, Howatson 14, Wellington Nem 30, Drost 80 [MOM: Greenwood]

"We blitzed Chelsea in the first half with 3 great goals. A wonderful performance coupled with a Utd draw means we have a slight chance going into the final day of the season!!! We are away to Leicester whilst United face a tough trip to Manchester City! We might just be able to do it!"

League table with one game to go!
View attachment 293613

Season 2018/2019
May [part two]

View attachment 293623

Final day of the season

vs Leicester [A]

W 2-0
Torres 55, Duarte 62

View attachment 293625
Everton crowned Champions!

"We've done our bit and amazingly Man City have beaten United 3-0 which means we are crowned Champions once again!!! I'm still a bit stunned as I never though we'd be able to overhaul United but we've somehow managed it and I'm absolutely thrilled! City did us a real favour today and we can repay them a few weeks by beating them in the Champions League Final! Hah!

---Aston Villa sack Pellegrini and appoint Howe---
---QPR sack Greer and hire Mark Hughes---
---Sunderland have sacked Ian Holloway and appoint Greer---

Nico Torres voted Players Player of the Year
Esref Aydogan Top Goalscorer with 30

Final League Table:
View attachment 293626

Season 2018/2019
May [part three]

View attachment 293645

Champions League Final
vs Manchester City

View attachment 293646

W 4-1
Torres 3, Greenwood p.22, Kocherov 64, Duarte 87 [MOM: Torres]

View attachment 293651
Everton Win the Champions League!

"Incredible, we've done it once again and beaten City in the final! We wanted it more today and totally outclassed our opponents! Its been a year of upheaval at the club but we've managed to stay successful on the pitch and I won't forget this remarkable season in a hurry!"

Leonel Ranguin voted Fans Player of the Year
View attachment 293652

See you next season!

Hey, Have to say read alot of the stories rarely comment but have to say this is brilliant. i just read this start to finish in a very slow day at work and passed away alot of day. very enjoyable reading for a huge football manager fan and i always respect a person willing to pick Everton and make shock sales. well done.

Hey, Have to say read alot of the stories rarely comment but have to say this is brilliant. i just read this start to finish in a very slow day at work and passed away alot of day. very enjoyable reading for a huge football manager fan and i always respect a person willing to pick Everton and make shock sales. well done.

Thanks mate, always appreciate good feedback :)

I've been away over Christmas so will hopefully have some time over the next few days.

I've played a season since the most recent game update, There has been a stupid amount of goals scored by ourselves, Utd and City with lots of 7, 8 and 9 nil games!!! For me personally the game has lost its realism, we should not beat Man City 8-2 for example! I don't know whether this is because of the update or because i'm 7 years into the game? But I'm not sure if I'll carry on with the save.

Let me know any thoughts on this? Want it to carry on? Want me to start a new one? Let me know.

I've played a season since the most recent game update, There has been a stupid amount of goals scored by ourselves, Utd and City with lots of 7, 8 and 9 nil games!!! For me personally the game has lost its realism, we should not beat Man City 8-2 for example! I don't know whether this is because of the update or because i'm 7 years into the game? But I'm not sure if I'll carry on with the save.

Let me know any thoughts on this? Want it to carry on? Want me to start a new one? Let me know.

Mate you're an absolute legend. I'm a diehard blue and to see you achieve this with my club brings a tear to my eye. When Moyes gets poached landorin for EFC manager!

Mate you're an absolute legend. I'm a diehard blue and to see you achieve this with my club brings a tear to my eye. When Moyes gets poached landorin for EFC manager!

Thanks mate, always a pleasure to hear that I'm making people happy!

Would like to see you start a new one. We seen that despite selling all your star players, you can destroy the league :P

Back