The Goodison Grind.

• Thread starter Thread starter landorin
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 250
  • Views Views 67K
View attachment 292355

---Jaw Dropping News has just been released by Everton FC...Four players, considered by many as Key Players, have also been sold! Details are just coming to us but we can reveal that:

Club Captain Jan Kirchhoff has joined Stoke City for £20.5 million!

Danish Playmaker Christian Eriksen will now be plying his trade in Italy after joining AC Milan for £33 million!

Goalkeeper Wojciech Szczesny has signed for Spanish giants Barcelona for £35 million!

Belgian Wizard Eden Hazard has also left the club, signing for Oil rich Manchester City for a staggering £51 million!

We have no idea what has prompted this mass exodus but hope to hear from the Chairman Dave Clarkson soon, stayed tuned and hopefully we'll have some reasoning for these crazy developments!---

View attachment 292360
---Everton Board announce plans to build New Stadium---

View attachment 292362
---Everton Stadium will have a 65,128 Capacity---

View attachment 292361
---Will be ready for the 2020/21 season---

Ahh so now we get some insight as to why the sudden exodus of players from the club, sources say that these sales have financed a huge part of the construction costs of Everton Stadium. We hope to hear from Manager Smith on what his thoughts are on these incredible developments tonight...​

View attachment 292368

---Everton Boss Smith releases statement---

"About the players' departures, I had no real say in the transfer dealings. But all players left with my consent and best wishes.

I've made it clear to the board for many years that I wished us to play in a new, state of the art facility, It is the only way for the club to move forward and grow, we had limited space and resources at Goodison so I made a deal with the board.

I wanted a new stadium and state of the art facilities, and I agreed that the board could raise the funds by auctioning off the majority of the 1st team squad. I hand-picked a few who I had to hold on to like Esref Aydogan, Leonel Rangiun, Gregoire Vincent and Duncan Greenwood, they were off limits, but anyone else could leave if the right offers came in, and I must say I'm impressed at the amount of funds raised, £225 million has been paid off the stadium leaving us only having to pay back a £25 million loan!

My job here is Manager, and I will manage the players I have at my disposal and get the best out of them. Yes they are extremely young but I have confidence in them. I believe in my squad and with hard work and a strong team ethic we can still achieve success on the pitch. Everton FC will soon be a profit making organisation but that's for the money men to deal with. My job is simple. Keep winning.

When we move into Everton Stadium I hope we are still playing in the top competitions and challenging for titles and trophies. It won't be easy but that's the life of a Football Manager! See you in the Pre-season!"

Nice move with the stadium, thats always my ultimate goal when playing FM to get my own stadium built, On My Man U save they always say no to a new stadium.

Nice move with the stadium, thats always my ultimate goal when playing FM to get my own stadium built, On My Man U save they always say no to a new stadium.

Thanks, my aim was to get a new stadium to be built but the only way the board would agree was if there were plenty of funds in the bank! So sold the majority of the squad, got some great youths here and it brings a fresh challenge for me.

SEASON 2018/2019
Pre-Season & August

View attachment 292446

Season Expectations:

Despite the Squad overhaul I still expect a Top 4 finish.
Good Cup run in the FA Cup, 4th or 5th round of Capital One.
Quarters of the Champions league.
This season is all about letting our youngster grow and develop with plenty of First team football, any success will be a bonus!

Pre-Season:

Washington [A] W 2-0
New York [A] W 2-0
Ath. Madrid [A] D 2-2
Levante [A] W 3-0
MK Dons [H] W 4-1

"A very satisfactory set of results over the pre-season. After the upheavel over the summer I now have a much smaller squad to work with, the average age of the squad is around 21 and we have a lot of work to do in order to get this group working and playing together as a unit. The fans still expect success on the pitch, and those wearing the proud shirt of Everton FC must produce the goods!"

1st Team Squad
View attachment 292448
Community Shield
vs Tottenham

D 2-2 [Tottenham win 4-2 on pens]
Ranguin 72, 85 [MOM: Ranguin]

"We fought back from 2 down with goals from CB Ranguin. Disappointed to lose out on penalties but pleased with the fighting spirit my side displayed after going behind."

Premier League Kicks Off
vs Stoke [H]

W 2-0
Ranguin 24, Greenwood 44 [MOM: Ranguin]

"Two first half goals were enough to see off Stoke. Ranguin has started the season brilliantly; Marshalling the defence and proving to be a real threat from set pieces."

vs QPR [A]

W 4-0
Torres 5, 58 Destro 78 Duarte 82 [MOM: Torres]

"A quite brilliant performance away from home. Nico Torres terrorized them down the right, I'm delighted to see Mattia Destro back scoring for us again, the lad has had 3 injury ravaged seasons and now has a chance to be a valuable squad member this season if he can stay fit."

---Cohen injured for 4 weeks---

"A blow for the young lad as he was just finding his feet in his advanced central role."

SUPER CUP
vs Tottenham

L 0-1
[MOM: Ranguin]

"Just as the game was heading towards extra time Spurs stole a goal and won the Cup! We are disappointed to lose but credit must go to our young team who showed they are no pushovers."

---Champions League Draw---
Group H
Everton, AC Milan, Zenit, Sparta Prague

"A tough draw for us but hopefully we'll do the business at home and scrape enough points in the away games."

Player of the Month:
View attachment 292449
Leonel Ranguin
- Taken over the leadership of the defence and scored some vital goals for us.

Next time: September - Can the run continue even with kids? Incredible start to Group H in the Champions League...

SEASON 2018/2019
SEPTEMBER
View attachment 292451

Premier League
vs Wolves [A]

D 1-1
Kocherov 14

"Delighted for young Kocherov who scores on his debut, he is taking his chance after Brady Cohen's injury. We let our opponents back into the game but these early games in the season were always going to be a test."

Champions League Group H
vs Sparta Prague [H]

W 8-1
Kocherov 7, Aydogan 27, 41, 57 Zdrahal og 37, Torres 48, Greenwood 60, Duarte 80 [MOM: Aydogan]

"A stupendous performance! Our biggest ever victory! I'm so proud of the lads, they are working for each other and a full of confidence. Sparta didn't have a chance as we really put them to the sword!"

Premier League
vs Sunderland [A]

W 2-1
Reiß sent off 57, Torres 68, Wellington Nem 74

"One nil down and with 10 men we staged an amazing fightback! I felt Marc Reiß was very harshly dismissed for two innocuous challenges. Delighted with impact our substitutes made, just goes to show that everyone is playing for each other and that's what great teamwork is all about."

Capital One Cup 3rd Round
vs Sunderland [H]

W 4-0
Ademilson 28, Hobbs og 61, Duarte 68, Torres 88 [MOM: Njoku]

"I gave some of the lads who haven't featured much yet this season a chance and boy did they take it. We showed Sunderland how to play football and with a full compliment of players we gave them a hiding."

Premier League
vs Manchester United [H]

W 3-1
Torres 51, Aydogan 70, 73 [MOM: Aydogan]

"I was expecting a much tighter game but Utd really didn't show up on the day. Pleased to see Aydogan finally off the mark in the league, his goals are going to be crucial to our success in the league this season. Our undefeated record still stands, I am quietly surprised by this but delighted nontheless!"

Player of the Month:
View attachment 292452

Nico Torres - Making the wide right position his own and scored in 4 of the 5 games this month.

Next time: October - More goals in the Champions league and the League run goes on...

Your first team squad is a bit short of players? Fearful of what a couple of injuries could do to your team.
I like the way you have developed your story :) Keep it up!

SEASON 2018/2019
OCTOBER

View attachment 292455

Champions League Group H
vs Zenit [A]

W 3-2
Greenwood 15, Aydogan 27, Cohen 41 [MOM: Ranguin]

"We played well here in tough conditions, its a long way to travel to play football and maybe we tired in the second half and nearly allowed them to draw level. Brady Cohen came back from his injury and got a goal which will boost his confidence."

Premier League
vs Middlesbrough [A]

W 2-0
Aydogan 53, Greenwood 87 [MOM: Greenwood]

"Aydogan is starting to get the goals again, this can mean only good things for us."

vs Cardiff [H]

W 4-2
Aydogan p37, Destro 69, Torres 90+1 Njoku 90+3

"We were behind on the hour but levelled when Destro came off the bench to score, I really thought we might have to settle for a draw but my players had other ideas, Scoring twice in stoppage time to get the win."

Champions League Group H
vs AC Milan [H]

W 5-2
Wellington Nem 3, Njoku 8, Duarte 23, Cohen 65, Aydogan 79 [MOM: Njoku]

"We went at them early and got our rewards with 3 quick goals, we added 2 more in the second half to win this game at a canter, we are performing well above expectations at present!"

Premier League
vs Norwich [H]

W 2-0
Aydogan 1, Viergeser og 71

"Scoring in the 1st minute is the best thing you can ask for, we had a firm foothold in this match and if it wasn't for their keeper we could've had 6 or 7!"

Capital One Cup 4th Round
vs Southampton [A]

L 0-2 [aet]

"I gave members of the youth team a run out here, although some of them are the same age as some of our starters! We did well to take them to extra time but eventually we ran out of steam and the Saints took advantage and knocked us out. We are used to leaving the competition at an early stage so we aren't too disappointed."

Player of the Month:
View attachment 292454

Esref Aydogan - Getting back to his Goal Scoring form.

Next time: November - More Champions league and Premier league action from the young Everton starlets...

Your first team squad is a bit short of players? Fearful of what a couple of injuries could do to your team.
I like the way you have developed your story :) Keep it up!

Thanks mate, fingers crossed injuries don't plague us this year! I've still got some talented youngsters in the Under 18's who could make the step up if required

SEASON 2018/2019
NOVEMBER

View attachment 292550

Premier League
vs Leeds [A]

W 2-0
Greenwood 25, Aydogan 59 [MOM: Howatson]

"A strong performance to begin the month against gritty opponents, we passed the ball well and scored at crucial times in the game just when Leeds thought they might get a foothold in the match."

vs Southampton [A]

D 1-1
Torres 16

"They equalised in the final few minutes of the match which was a big let down for us as we dictated much of the play and had a big penalty shout turned down."

---Reading sack Steve McClaren and appoint Ally McCoist as manager---

Champions League Group H
vs AC Milan [A]

D 2-2
Aydogan 28, 40 [MOM: Aydogan]

"We had 2 strikes questionably chalked off as we really took the game to Milan. To their credit they fought back to equalise twice but with a bit more luck we could've come away from the San Siro with a brilliant win. We have already qualified from the Group which is a fantastic achievement for us!"

---Norwich sack Malky MacKay and appoint Brian McDermott as boss---

Premier League
vs Arsenal [A]

L 0-1

"Our amazing run of 60 league games without defeat ended today! The last time we had lost was way back in February 2017!!! The run had to end sometime and even though we pushed hard in this game we couldn't find the net. We must now pick ourselves up to face Liverpool next week!"

vs Liverpool [H]

W 2-0
Torres 12, Greenwood 56, Marc Reiß sent off 60 [MOM: Raguin]

"The lads did brilliant against the Red rivals! Reiß showed a bit of inexperience by getting himself sent off but we had a healthy lead and were able to see the game out from then on."

Champions League Group H
vs Sparta Prague [A]

W 6-1
Duarte 1, 67, Dreksa og 10, Wellington Nem 37, Ademilson 50, 90+1 [MOM: Duarte]

"We have put an amazing 14 goals past Sparta in this competition, I wish we could play them every week! Lads who haven't had much game time got their opportunity and it was good to see Ademilson get some game time and score a few goals to boost his morale."

Everton Player of the Month:
View attachment 292551
Duncan Greenwood - Created plenty for others and grabbed a couple of goals himself.

Youngsters are doing the job! It's like nothing's changed ;)
How did you managed to find Dunc's regen whos actually decent :O

Youngsters are doing the job! It's like nothing's changed ;)
How did you managed to find Dunc's regen whos actually decent :O

I know, we are playing some good stuff. Just hope it carries on as other sides in the league are also doing really well (I'll start putting tables up after December)

I found him purely by chance, he was near the top of the list of new regens when I searched in my first season lol

SEASON 2018/2019
DECEMBER

View attachment 292770

Premier League
vs Newcastle

D 0-0

"Not much I can say about this result, however our players were obviously riled by the Newcastle tactics as we accumulated 7 yellow cards and incurred a fine of £25k from the league."

---FA Cup 3rd Round Draw---
Everton vs Cardiff City

Champions League Group H
vs Zenit [H]

W 6-0
Wellington Nem 6, 27, Ademilson 9, Howatson 15, Duarte 75, Reiß 85 [MOM: Wellington Nem]

"Our amazing Champions League form continues! We have scored an incredible 30 goals in our 6 group games and we steam roll our way into the Knockout stages!"

---Duncan Greenwood injured and will be out for 4 weeks---

"We feared the worse when he went down but fortunately its not too bad and he'll be back in the New Year"

Premier League
vs Manchester City [H]

W 5-1
Aydogan 14, Njoku 27, 32, Wellington Nem 58, Maguid 78 [MOM: Njoku]

"We really showed City how to play fast, fluid and attacking football, they had no answers for us today and I'm proud of the lads for pulling off this brilliant result!"

vs Reading

W 4-1
Aydogan 1, 19, 65, 83 [MOM: Aydogan]

"A brilliant individual display of goalscoring from Esref this afternoon was enough to see off Reading. We are in great form and now fly out to Korea to attempt to win our 4th Club World Championship."

---Club World Championship from Seoul---

Semi Final
vs Monterrey

W 2-0
Duarte 38, Siqueiros og 48

"A comfortable win in a match we never looked like being in any danger."

Final
vs Boca

W 3-2
Aydogan 16, 45, Cohen 34

View attachment 292774
Everton Win their 4th Club World Championship!!!

"We've come to Korea and we're successful once again! The final was a game of two halves, we were 3 goals to the good at half time and stepped off the gas in the second half and almost allowed Boca back into it, but we managed to hold till the end and claim our 4th Championship. A brilliant achievement!"

Premier League
vs Aston Villa [A]

W 6-2
Vlaar og 35, Torres 45+1, Aydogan 54, 55, 80, Brotherton og 59 [MOM: Aydogan]

"Another high scoring affair against Villa! We showed no signs of travel fatigue as we really put on a show at Villa park. Aydogan has been in superb form again this month."

vs Stoke [A]

W 4-2
Duarte 19, Ranguin 38, Wellington Nem 51, Ademilson 88 [MOM: Ranguin]

"We let Stoke back into the game twice but in the second half we dominated much more and made the game safe late on."

View attachment 292775
Esref Aydogan - 10 goals from the prolific young German striker this month​

SEASON 2018/2019
January
View attachment 292927
---Esref Aydogan wins Golden Boy award for 3rd season in a row!---

"Delighted for the young lad, he works so hard and deserves every bit of success that comes his way!"

---Jose Adelcio joins for £550k---

View attachment 292932

"We arranged this deal 18 months ago, the young Brazilian will link up with the team in February after his International duty."

Premier League
vs QPR [H]

D 0-0

"Was it a New Year hangover at fault today? We were extremely lethargic and goal shy, very disappointing performance and the lads know it."

FA Cup 3rd Round
vs Cardiff [H]

W 4-1
Aydogan 3, Duarte 22, 87 Pascual 66 [MOM: Duarte]

"The team responded really well to their dressing down after the last game, they came out firing and poor Cardiff were on the receiving end! A lot of these youngsters haven't experienced the magic of the cup so hopefully that will spur us on towards a long run this year."

View attachment 292928
---Everton sell Carlos Pascual to Manchester United in a deal worth £50 million---

---Mattia Destro joins Malaga on loan, fee thought to be £120k per month---

"Carlos was in and out of the side this season and when an offer like that comes in we can't ignore it! He wanted the move and I don't want a player here who isn't committed to the cause! Mattia isn't getting enough game time so was allowed to leave for first team football."

Premier League
vs Wolves [H]

W 3-0
Aydogan 7, 24, 47 [MOM: Aydogan]

"Another brilliant performance from the German Assassin, he is on course to have a incredible season for us."

FA Cup 4th Round
vs Burnley [A]

W 5-0
Greenwood 17, Kocherov 34, Torres 40, 82, Aydogan 50 [MOM: Torres]

"The Championship didn't stand a chance, we are deadly in front of goal at present and playing some really good stuff."

Premier League
vs Sunderland [H]

W 7-0
Aydogan 20, p.63, Torres 23, 67, Kocherov 40, Greenwood 44, Duarte 69 [MOM: Torres]

"What a way to end a fantastic month! The goals are flying in and its nice to see them being shared around. We are not the only ones performing brilliantly though, Manchester United hold an 11 point lead at the top but do have 3 games in hand but there is a long long way to go!"

View attachment 292931
Nico Torres - Really making that IFR position his own, scoring for fun and creating plenty for others

View attachment 292930

your youth players are doing a good work. guess you're satisfied despite the league position but there are many games to play..
without want to say the same thing every time, I think you've done a good work in your squad :)

your youth players are doing a good work. guess you're satisfied despite the league position but there are many games to play..
without want to say the same thing every time, I think you've done a good work in your squad :)

They are doing better than I thought they would! Although it is very hard working with such a small squad

50 million for a player not even in your first eleven o.O

LOL I know! He probably should've played more but he got injured early in the season and the younger guys like Reiß and Deyjothin are doing really well and couldn't really turn down 50 mil! The small squad got smaller!

Back