The Goodison Grind.

• Thread starter Thread starter landorin
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 250
  • Views Views 67K
That's all I got time for tonight, let me know what you think of the signings and the start I've made to the season!

Still a very strong team. I think you've made a good management on transfers market.

About the games I guess that your team took it easily in CL but glad you've managed to come back and qualify for the knockout stages. You have a good group of players that can bring some good things to the club, like winning the 3 trophees. But it's a long road, let's go easily lol.

Keep up the good work and hopefully the good results :)

SEASON 2017/2018 - DECEMBER
View attachment 291769

PREMIER LEAGUE
Sat 2nd vs Reading [away]
W 2-1
Liroz [12, 40]

Pogrebnyak [41]
MOM: Liroz [8.8]

CHAMPIONS LEAGUE GROUP G
Wed 6th vs Celtic [home]
D 1-1
Ademilson [90+3]
Grant [41]

PREMIER LEAGUE
Sun 10th vs Leeds [home]
W 2-1
Vincent [82] Wellington Nem [84]

Wass [9]
MOM: C. Pascual [8.9]

---Ademilson out for 3 months with a torn hamstring---

*The Brazilian lad has had so many injuries since he joined us, he just can't seem to get going. Hopefully he'll recover and get back to form*

---CLUB WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP---
Semi-Final

Thur 14th vs Al-Hilal [Seoul]
W 4-2
Kirchhoff [5] Eriksen [27] Aydogan [60, 77]

Al-Barih [18] Al-Faraidi [46]
MOM: Aydogan [8.8]

Final
Sun 17th vs Boca [Seoul]
W 2-0
Eriksen [17] Aydogan [28]

View attachment 291786Everton Win the Club World Championship for the 3rd time in their history!

PREMIER LEAGUE
Wed 20th vs Wolves [away]
D 1-1
Aydogan [50]
Moses [90]
MOM: Ranguin [8.6]

Sat 23rd vs Bristol City [home]
W 5-0
Kirchhoff [5, 26] Aydogan [23] Eriksen [29, 54]
MOM: Kirchhoff [9.4]

---Champions League 1st Knock-out stage draw---
Everton vs Shakhtar Donetsk

PREMIER LEAGUE
Tue 26th vs Coventry [away]
D 0-0
Rosado missed pen [68]

Sat 30th vs Newcastle [home]
W 3-1
Wellington Nem [18] Aydogan [59, 66]

Cisse [15]

*All in all a very pleasing month for us, delighted to win the Club World Championships for the 3rd time! Its not an easy competition as some may think due to the amount of travelling involved and 2 games in 4 days!

Amazingly we are still unbeaten in the league but had to settle for a draw against Wolves which brought our 100% win record to an end, in the 90th minute no less! Against Coventry we were really poor, missed a host of chances including a penalty! But we were back to winning ways against Newcastle and bright things beckon in the New Year!

Everton Player of the Month:
View attachment 291790Esref Aydogan

League Table:
View attachment 291791
Tight at the top but we have 3 games in hand on Utd and 4 on surprise package Leeds!

Next time: January - Young Star get big reward! Finances boosted again by big Sale, Spurs, Arsenal & Man United in a row, tough month

SEASON 2017/2018 - JANUARY
View attachment 291792

---Esref Aydogan wins Golden Boy for second year in a row---
--40 goals in 47 games, average rating of 7.51--

PREMIER LEAGUE
Mon 1st vs Arsenal [home]
W 2-1
Liroz [66] Aydogan [84]

Xhaka [10]
MOM: Kirchhoff [8.0]

Sat 6th vs Totteham [home]
W 6-3
Wellington Nem [29] Ranguin [33] M'Vila og [48] Aydogan [65] Schweinsteiger [75] Greenwood [90+2]

Adebayor [36, 50] Gueye [84]

---Adryan joins Sao Paulo on loan---

*The lad has suffered with injuries I felt it right to send him out to his native Brazil to get some game time*

PREMIER LEAGUE
Wed 10th vs Manchester United [home]
W 3-1
Rosado [37] Evans og [49] Wellinton Nem [86]

Henriquez [90+1]
MOM: Ranguin [9.0]

FA CUP 3rd ROUND
Sat 13th vs Fulham [home]
W 4-1
Aydogan [13] Hazard [48[ Isco [74] Kirchhoff [90]

Cop [8]
MOM: Kirchhoff [8.7]

PREMIER LEAGUE
Tue 16th vs Stoke [away]
W 2-1
Eriksen [30] Isco [85]

Stones [2] Hughes missed pen [9]

Sun 21st vs Manchester United [away]
D 1-1
Wellington Nem [33]
Welbeck [51]

FA CUP 4th ROUND
Sat 27th vs Watford [away]
D 0-0

PREMIER LEAGUE
Wed 31st vs Chelsea [home]
D 1-1
Rosado [77]
Traore [22]

---Everton announce the signing of Young African Player of the Year Yemi Njoku from Gladbach for a fee of £5.25 million---

View attachment 291794

View attachment 291795

---Everton Fullback Sime Vrsaljko has signed for Arsenal in a deal reported to be in the region of £30.5 million---

*Let me begin by wishing Sime well at Arsenal, it was an offer I couldn't turn down, we have plenty of talented players ready to step into the Fullback positions so I hope he won't be missed too much! The fee we've received will keep us in the black for the rest of the season without having to rely on prize money!

We've had another very good month! Very tough opening to January but we came away with maximum points from those games, it was especially sweet to put 6 past Spurs!

We ended the month with 3 draws, but away at Old Trafford and Stamford Bridge I think coming away with a draw is sometimes a victory in itself! For a time I felt our unbeaten run in the league was going to end against Chelsea and we were certainly fortunate against Stoke but the run goes on, the question is, for how long?*

View attachment 291798Isco

League Table:
View attachment 291799We've opened a 6 point lead and still have 2 games in hand!

Next time: February - We come out firing in another busy month!

@landorin

i have seen that you have had great success and was thinking could you upload your tactic or screenshot it to i see what it is like

thanks a million

@landorin

i have seen that you have had great success and was thinking could you upload your tactic or screenshot it to i see what it is like

thanks a million

Thanks for following, my tactic is on page 11 of the thread and team instructions are on page 12.

Great story mate and some amazing success!
I'm currently Everton second season. How have you managed to get such good prices for your players when selling??

Plus, how has fellaini done elsewhere on your game? Is Isco a good replacement for dlp??

Great story mate and some amazing success!
I'm currently Everton second season. How have you managed to get such good prices for your players when selling??

Plus, how has fellaini done elsewhere on your game? Is Isco a good replacement for dlp??

fellaini has done well at united, Isco hasn't done as well as I'd hoped, I'd suggest having him and playing him amc.

I offer my players out at double their value + a few million then see who's interested then come down in price till there's some offers. best time to do this is the first week in June

SEASON 2017/2018 - FEBRUARY

View attachment 291984

PREMIER LEAGUE
Sat 3rd vs Norwich [home]
W 5-0
Greenwood [4] Kirchhoff [25,31] Kirchhoff missed pen [48] Aydogan [50, 75]
MOM: Aydogan [9.5]

FA CUP 4th ROUND REPLAY
Tue 6th vs Watford [home]
W 4-2
Erikson [12, 20] Aydogan [37, 51]

Caktas [44] Beleck [88]
MOM: Eriksen [9.1]

PREMIER LEAGUE
Sat 10th vs Aston Villa [home]
W 6-1
Greenwood [3] Hazard [10, 42] Torres [24] Aydogan [41, 81]

Ifa [74]
MOM: Aydogan [9.7]

Wed 14th vs Liverpool [away]
D 2-2
Kirchhoff [55, 66]
Suarez [2] Ramirez [40]
MOM: Kirchhoff [9.2]

*Barely kept our league record intact here, but coming back from 2 down against our Mersey rivals was oh so sweet!*

FA CUP 5th ROUND
Sat 17th vs Leeds [home]
W 5-0
Aydogan [33, 37] Rosado [35, 53] Liroz [84]
MOM: Aydogan [9.3]

CHAMPIONS LEAGUE 1st KNOCKOUT STAGE 1st LEG
Wed 21st vs Shakhtar [home]
W 3-1
Chygrynskyi og [10, 32] Greenwood [23]

Fernandinho [51]
MOM: Greenwood [9.0]

PREMIER LEAGUE
Sat 24th vs Manchester City [away]
W 1-0
Kompany og [20] Greenwood missed pen [67]
MOM: Ranguin [8.7]

Wed 28th vs Southampton [away]
D 3-3
Behmo og [38] Aydogan [62] Hazard [71]
Cornelius [35, 69, 80]

*A very hectic month with lots of own goals flying in our favour! Aydogan had a stormer this month which is great as he's been a bit quiet as of late. Delighted with the comeback against Liverpool and the win over City, we also showed true ruthlessness against some of the other teams and our league run goes on! We have a lead in Europe but disappointed to concede that away goal!*

View attachment 291985
Esref Aydogan

League Table:
View attachment 291986

Next Time: March - Can we go a season unbeaten in the league? Not if West Ham have anything to say about it....perhaps! All in all a pretty nervy month!

Unbelievable signings Hazard there, going really strong man

SEASON 2017/2018 - MARCH
View attachment 291991

PREMIER LEAGUE
Sat 3rd vs Cardiff [home]
W 2-0
Hazard [25] Pascual [63]

Sat 10th vs West Ham [away]
D 1-1
Greenwood [90+4]
Albrighton [36]

*Oh my god I was having kittens in this game!!! We were battering them but the ball just wouldn't go in! And then as if it was fated with the last kick of the game we finally equalised and the run goes on! Up to 40 league games unbeaten now in total!*

CHAMPIONS LEAGUE 1st KNOCKOUT STAGE 2nd LEG
Tue 13th vs Shakhtar [away]
W 4-1
Kirchhoff [3, 36] Aydogan [7] Pascual [61]

Dentinho [87]
MOM: Kirchhoff [9.3]

PREMIER LEAGUE
Sat 18th vs Tottenham [away]
W 1-0
Aydogan [31]

-Disaster hits Everton as Club Captain Jan Kirchhoff ruled out for the rest of the season with a torn hamstring-

*Now this is a huge blow to us! Jan has consistently been one of our best players since we signed him years ago, his influence, experience and talent will be sorely missed at the back. I suspect our unbeaten run will not go on too much longer and we may even struggle in Europe as I don't have many options in defence available to choose from!*

PREMIER LEAGUE
Wed 21st vs Liverpool [home]
W 1-0
Rosado [79]

*We were very fortunate here, The reds were all over us most of the game but we managed to nick a late goal and hold out for the win, huge boost to the team earning the clean sheet in our first game without our Captain!*

FA CUP 6th ROUND
Sat 24th vs Manchester United [home]
L 1-2
Njoku [54]
Fellaini [33] Kagawa [42]

*Really disappointed to lose here at home, we started a fightback second half but couldn't complete it, oh wellm at least our league record is intact!*

---Everton drawn to face Paris St Germain in Champions League Quarter Final---

*A tough draw, PSG eliminated us 2 years ago so we'll be out to make sure that doesn't happen again!*

Sat 31st vs Manchester City [home]
W 2-0
Walker og [43] Hazard [82]
MOM: Ranguin [8.7]

*Wow what a long month that was! Came so close to losing in the league against West Ham, I would've been gutted had it happened there! We were rocked by Kirchhoff's injury but the lads have shown heart since and ground out some very good results since against tough opposition. We look odds on the win the league for the third time in a row and We could go the entire league season unbeaten...But I'm not going to count those chickens just yet!!!!*

View attachment 291996
Eden Hazard

League Table:
View attachment 291997
Just a 9 point lead as the pressure is really on!

Youth Intake: Just two decent lads this year. Stephen Hinnigan and Simon McKenzie, both signed to long term deals.
View attachment 291999View attachment 292000

Next time: More nervy times as we attempt to win the league and stay undefeated! CL action vs PSG

SEASON 2017/2018 - APRIL
View attachment 292012

CHAMPIONS LEAGUE QUARTER FINAL 1st LEG
Tue 3rd vs Paris St Germain [away]
D 2-2
Aydogan [5] Eriksen [85]
Veratti [59] Ongenda [63]

*Last time we played here we got smashed 3-0! Different story this time as we hung in there and got a late equaliser which in my opinion will make us favourites when they come to our place!*

PREMIER LEAGUE
Sat 7th Middlesbrough [away]
W 2-1
Torres [37] Wellington Nem [86]

Bangura [48]
MOM: Njoku [8.4]

CHAMPIONS LEAGUE QUARTER FINAL 2nd LEG
Wed 11th vs Paris St Germain [home]
W 4-2 [Everton win 6-4 on Aggregate]
Pascual [1] Eriksen [18] Aydogan [28] Hazard [82]

Hussan [7] Jovetic missed pen [40] Jovetic [55]
MOM: Hazard [9.0]

*We rode our luck at times but in the end we outscored them and are through to the Semi Final to face none other than Manchester United!*

PREMIER LEAGUE

Sat 14th vs Leeds [away]
W 1-0
Hazard [81]
MOM: Njoku [8.0]

*Amazingly we clinched the league title after this win! That's our 3rd title in a row and now that pressure is off we can now go on and concentrate on trying to end the league season undefeated, 5 games left and they aren't the hardest looking on paper! It will be such an achievement!*

View attachment 292016
EVERTON WIN THE PREMIER LEAGUE!

View attachment 292015Can't be caught!

Sat 21st vs Reading [home]
W 3-1
Ranguin [43] Maguid [74] Aydogan [81]

Pogrebnyak [31]
MOM: Maguid [8.0]

*4 more league games...*

CHAMPIONS LEAGUE SEMI FINAL 1st LEG
Wed 25th vs Manchester United [home]
W 3-2
Aydogan sent off [62] Pascual [84] Schweinsteiger [88] Greenwood [90]

Vidal [38] Welbeck [65]

*INCREDIBLE!!!! We were 2 nil down and only had 10 men with 6 minutes to go and we come back and score 3 late goals, my side don't know when they are beaten and never give up! We deserve to win the Champions League purely on the back of this remarkable win!!!*

PREMIER LEAGUE
Sat 28th vs Wolves [home]
W 5-2
Greenwood [11] Vincent [24] John [27] Stearman og [59] Aydogan [75]

Sunu [63] Mason [85]
MOM: Greenwood [8.5]

*What a month its been for us...We have wrapped up our 3rd league title in a row and we are on the brink of completing a league season undefeated!!! We have one foot in the Champions League final, aiming to make it 4 wins in 5 years! May will be tough but the players' morale is sky high and we are ready to take on anyone!*

View attachment 292006Duncan Greenwood

League Table:
View attachment 292010

Next Time: Can we do a League Season undefeated or will it all come unstuck in the final 3 games? Also the 2nd leg vs United for the right to meet Man City in Champions League Final!

SEASON 2017/2018 - MAY [PART ONE]
View attachment 292034

CHAMPIONS LEAGUE SEMI FINAL 2nd LEG
Tue 1st vs Manchester United [away]
W 2-1
Hazard [32] Ranguin [88]

Bale [5]
MOM: Ranguin [9.0]

*A very nervy game where we fell behind early but the fantastic Hazard levelled it up on the night, we made sure of things in the final minutes as United threw everyone forward! We are in the final and will face Manchester City! Hazard will be suspended unfortunately and that will be a big loss!*

PREMIER LEAGUE
Sat 5th vs Bristol City [away]
W 2-1
Aydogan [37] Ranguin [88]

Baldock [65]
MOM: Raguin [8.2]

*This was a tense game, everyone wants to remain undefeated and we worked hard here against a plucky Bristol side! Fortunately we came through in the end and now have 2 more games to negotiate!*

Sun 13th vs Coventry [home]
W 4-0
Aydogan [17] Pascual [57, 82] Wisdom og [85]
MOM: Pascual [9.1]

*Our final league game of this season at Goodison Park and it was a party atmosphere! The result was never in danger and now we have 1 more game! 1 more game to complete a league campaign undefeated!!!*

Sun 20th vs Newcastle [away]
W 2-1
Aydogan [1, 16]

Anderson [p.46]

View attachment 292033
*Words can't describe how proud I am! We've done it! Gone an entire league season without losing a single game! Its quite remarkable when I look back and see some of the games where we came back from losing or got a late late late equaliser! The team have done us proud! Amazingly I'm told its our 50th league game without defeat! We are flying and all I can say is look out City in a CL Final next week!!!!

Final League Table:
View attachment 292035

Next time: May [part two] - Champions League Final vs Manchester City! End of Season Awards and News...

SEASON 2017/2018 - MAY [PART TWO]
View attachment 292038

CHAMPIONS LEAGUE CUP FINAL
Saturday 26th vs Manchester City [La Cartuja]
View attachment 292039
W 5-

Aydogan [32. 80] Greenwood [37] Pascual [56] Torres [90+3]

Ntcham [49] Aguero [70, 77]

MOM: Aydogan [9.0]

View attachment 292036View attachment 292037
Everton Win the Champions League!

We've retained the Champions League! What a performance from us in the final. I knew we could do it but wasn't expecting such a great showing in front of goal! This is just the icing on the cake on what has been a brilliant season and I just don't know how we can ever top it! I will be deciding on my future over the summer but for now lets all enjoy the great success that's been had at Everton Football Club*

View attachment 292040Esref Aydogan

Manager Merry-go-round

---Terim retires from Chelsea, Bilic appointed---
---Southampton sack McClaren, Kevin Keegan appointed manager---
---O'Neill retires from Reading, McClaren appointed---
---Arsenal sack De Boer, Ernesto Valverde appointed---
---Bristol City sack Chris Hughton, Owen Coyle appointed---

End of Season Awards

---Jan Kirchoff named Players Player of the Year---

---Duncan Greenwoods named Players Young Player of the Year ---

Great job again! :) Maybe try a different league just to have a new motivation?

What I'm thinking is maybe selling off a whole bunch of 1st team stars, get the wage bill right down and then start the season with my talented youngsters and see what happens?

View attachment 292263
---There are numerous reports coming out of Goodison Park that a huge fire sale is due to take place! According to reports no player, no matter how big his reputation, is safe ! Teams are clambering from all over Europe to sign talent from the Premier League and Champions League Holders! More details on this remarkable development to come very soon!---​

What I'm thinking is maybe selling off a whole bunch of 1st team stars, get the wage bill right down and then start the season with my talented youngsters and see what happens?

Intrigue to see how your new team performs :)

View attachment 292354
---Incredible News is filtering out of Goodison Park this evening, no fewer that 4 first team squad members have left the club permanently and 5 players on season long loan deals! Their transfers and fees have just been announced! We have no official comment from the club but inside sources claim that there will certainly be more departures imminently! The deals we have just discovered about are:

Ivan Rosado has signed for Manchester City for £17.75 million.

Bastien Schweinsteiger leaves for Werder Bremen for £1 million.

Jiri Koubek to Crystal Palace for £1.7 million

Jean Fokou to Aston Villa for £6.25 million

Ross Barkley to Manchester City on a season loan at £1.3 million a month

Isco has gone to Real Madrid for the season for a fee of £350k a month

Sergio Liroz joins Aston Villa for a year at £250k a month

Sergio Canales will play for Mallorca for a fee of £230k a month

Emre Can returns to Fenerbache for the season in a £130k a month deal

Sources say that these are just the initial tremors and that there are some Major Earth shaking deals to be announced very soon...No comment has been made by the Club Owner or Team Manager so we can only speculate as to what exactly is occurring ..But something major has gone down! Stay tuned as we will announce more blockbusting deals hopefully in the next hour!---​

Back