The Great San Marino Challenge & Discussion Thread

Got the promotion

Firstly, let me say this challenge is tough, but i'm enjoying it.

Just ended first season. 1st place, won the Super Cup C2 and now, i'm struggling with money.

I was able to reduce some wages, reduced my team to the essencial number of players, but still it is hard to get new players.

Let's see how the season in Serie C1 goes...

Thanks

David

congratulations
Firstly, let me say this challenge is tough, but i'm enjoying it.

Just ended first season. 1st place, won the Super Cup C2 and now, i'm struggling with money.

I was able to reduce some wages, reduced my team to the essencial number of players, but still it is hard to get new players.

Let's see how the season in Serie C1 goes...

Thanks

David

Thanks. I'm still struggling to get new players, but I guess the players I have will have to do. By the way, which players did you brought in to your team in the second season?

My key players I signed
David
Petrucci
Del
Iglesias
The filter button is your friend! I'm kinda on a break, not getting the results was stressing me out :p

my players in the second season well i bought 30 lol main buys where rivaldo, caillet, petrucci, ragusa, hadzic, miljatovic, kovacevic, laurito, longo
Thanks. I'm still struggling to get new players, but I guess the players I have will have to do. By the way, which players did you brought in to your team in the second season?

Great challenge I'm in serie B and unbeaten half way through the season with my san marino.

how early into game can you become San Marino manager. I went on holiday for 1st season after I signed my players and i see they hired a manaager in November 2010. Would I have got the job in 1st season?

---------- Post added at 01:08 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:58 AM ----------

my natinality is italian and not San Marinese, will that stop me getting international job???

im playing as san marino, got promote to serie C1 (starting 2nd season now) anybody realize that the board expectations are quite high? i was expected to win on first season (i got second, board dissapointed at me) now on C1 im expected to get promoted.. WTF lol they dont realize their ****.. anyways...
i just realized i didnt load San Marino, i tought they were included in italy :'(

always nice to see people still playing the good old San Marino challenge...

good luck everybody :)

im playing as san marino, got promote to serie C1 (starting 2nd season now) anybody realize that the board expectations are quite high? i was expected to win on first season (i got second, board dissapointed at me) now on C1 im expected to get promoted.. WTF lol they dont realize their ****.. anyways...
i just realized i didnt load San Marino, i tought they were included in italy :'(

Serie C1 is handy to get through once you signed a decent standard of squad. Holidayed through it after i won my first 3 games and finished top.

hey there guy not had time to play as im running a clan from the si forums and also loads of work at hmmmm well work lol good to see that a lot of u are still playing and that theres alot of newbies to :)

If anyone gets up to serie B can they upload their save as Im interested in having a go but I hate playing in Serie C1/C2 for some reason. everytime I start I never get past Serie C1. I also feel i wouldnt have the time to make major strides if i had to do the first 2-4 seasons :p. Much appreciated

I've got a save in Serie A if you'd like to use it?

Currently 3rd in Serie B after 2 promotions then finishing 17th last year. 4 years in. Still worried I should have picked San Marino nationality.

Currently 3rd in Serie B after 2 promotions then finishing 17th last year. 4 years in. Still worried I should have picked San Marino nationality.
Can you upload your save for me please?

Just Beat Barcelona in champions leauge ;)- happy days away from serie C

I'd just like to say well done to all of you, you guys are the real hardcore FM players. I can't be bothered to start a save now but I'll try and give you a few tips (not sure if they'll work with San Marino though):

1) Make friendlies at home to big clubs to earn revenue but then make friendlies with small clubs to boost morale.

2) Ask the board for more money, etc.

3) Get LOADS of players on loan and ask for a parent club.

4) Buy (off the top of my head):
  • Nicky Travis
  • Febian Brandy
  • Sam Sodje
  • Chris James
  • King Gyan
5) Get good players on a free from Netherland Antilles and Reunion.

Good luck, and I may do this challenge in FM 2012 because there's not much time left until 12 comes out and I play very ​slowly.