The Great San Marino Challenge & Discussion Thread

I will wait to be able to get the NT job. Season 19 games gone, top of the league, just lost in the semi final of the seria C cup :(

this is true but its a way and tbh i did it then resigned as theres no chance in the world you will win maby get a draw but ud have to have amazing tactics
But isnt that sort of cheating ?

---------- Post added at 10:52 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:51 AM ----------

is that your in your 19th season
I will wait to be able to get the NT job. Season 19 games gone, top of the league, just lost in the semi final of the seria C cup :(

No first :p Updates coming soon!

---------- Post added at 09:02 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:00 PM ----------

My screenshots won't upload but:
Came first on goals scored :S Not happy about that.
Lost in semi final of seria c cup
Won the pointless Seria C2 cup.

well done dude and a cup is a cup
No first :p Updates coming soon!

---------- Post added at 09:02 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:00 PM ----------

My screenshots won't upload but:
Came first on goals scored :S Not happy about that.
Lost in semi final of seria c cup
Won the pointless Seria C2 cup.

Not a good start, 3 draws and a win. Hope I can still go up but it really looks unlikely as my team keep throwing games away.

this challenge always fascinated me, but i'm not a lower league guy, i prefer to get a mediocre team (usually from a not so great country) and bring them to european glory. did that with Helsingborgs IF, Standard Liege and others. BUT. in my last save i got this regen, an amazing right winger that seemed to come out of nowhere. san marino, that's where he came from, but my fellow countryman carlo ancelotti, then in charge of italy, snapped him and the Titans were left without a future star. that's why i finally decided to start this save, i hope that my knowledge of italian lower league teams and players will help me in the first two seasons, the ones in which i'm most scared of getting bored
i'll let you guys know how things work out

try and get cheitti and longo up front cheitti will bang them in
Not a good start, 3 draws and a win. Hope I can still go up but it really looks unlikely as my team keep throwing games away.

---------- Post added at 11:31 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:30 AM ----------

good luck
this challenge always fascinated me, but i'm not a lower league guy, i prefer to get a mediocre team (usually from a not so great country) and bring them to european glory. did that with Helsingborgs IF, Standard Liege and others. BUT. in my last save i got this regen, an amazing right winger that seemed to come out of nowhere. san marino, that's where he came from, but my fellow countryman carlo ancelotti, then in charge of italy, snapped him and the Titans were left without a future star. that's why i finally decided to start this save, i hope that my knowledge of italian lower league teams and players will help me in the first two seasons, the ones in which i'm most scared of getting bored
i'll let you guys know how things work out

a quick update im sitting in 2nd 3 pts behind and in the january window i just singed a brazilian legend and its 1 rivaldo wooooo

your options are Toronto/Canada and Wellington/New Zealand. As a fan of this kind of challenges I played with both of them and I can tell you Toronto/CAN could have been fun, unfortunately the MLS is bugged, poorly implemented and gets almost unplayable long term (I heard they're working hard to make things better for FM12). The canadian NT is surprisingly good though

Wellington/NZ is a nice challenge if you don't mind playing in a small league with (very) little money like A-League, the most annoying thing is Wellington are the only club in australia with no youth squad (they seem to produce decent regens though). Managed to win everything in first season with them (H)

Another one could be Andorra, as they have a club playing in spanish system I believe 4th or 5th tier anyway a non-playable league. Maybe you can holiday 2-3 years and see if they get promoted, or use a custom database with spanish lower leagues. Might be interesting to try

Let me know if you start a story with one of these clubs/countries and I'll have a look :)
if you use 11.2 you can do FC Vaduz (Swiss Challenge League) and Liechtenstein as I am. It's awesome. Strongly suggested.

GL, I got knocked out early on by modena and in real trouble, can't find a tactic that works!