The Great San Marino Challenge & Discussion Thread

With some time on my hands during exam leave, I'm going to give this a bash. Only problem is, my other save games have all gone really badly, which doesn't bode well going into a challenge as difficult as this!

Guys I need your help! I got into C1, won the C2 league and now I'm looking for signings. Is this guy good enough for C1 league and is he worth 600 p/w? Thank you!

View attachment 124368

Guys I need your help! I got into C1, won the C2 league and now I'm looking for signings. Is this guy good enough for C1 league and is he worth 600 p/w? Thank you!

View attachment 124368

I think you can have better tbh. At MC you can go for veteran free agents like Parola and Carrus if they're available. Some good south american MC you can afford could be Rimoldi and Mea Vitali.

Signing decent youngsters like Merkel is OK especially if you can make a profit selling him in the future, but make sure you have enough wage budget for key signings.

Anyway check newly realesed players even from higher leagues, you could find some true gems for free. I remember I got wonderkid Petrucci in C1 (released from ManU), and he's become serie A quality in a couple of seasons.

View attachment 124418

Here is my progress at the start of the season

I have quality, however I need depth as I have only 22 players on team and I am really afradi of injuries

I have started my san marino challenge and tomorrow i will post what have i did !!!

2010/11: Serie C2

So here's the review of my first season, I decided to focus on just the club in the first years of my career as I felt it was too soon for me to take control of NT, my plan is obviously long-term (and I mean loooooong) and first thing in my to-do list is taking the club out of serie C misery.

My dream/goal is to become a world class youth academy producing quality youngsters every year, with a first team ONLY composed by Sammarinese starlets who will be the backbone of both club and NT. It's a long road and it starts like this...

View attachment 124600 View attachment 124601 View attachment 124602

Didn't manage to win the Serie C treble like Will and Monfils, but it was a good season for my Titani, controlling the league from day one and winning the almost friendly C2 super cup trophy at the end of season. Despite my bulimic transfer policy (see transfers history...) I couldn't add real depth to my squad, which was the first cause of my early exit in both C2 cup and Coppa Italia.

Here are the screens of my key players for the season, striker Alessandro Cesarini and centre-back Marco Pecorari. Please note that screens were taken in 2013/14 so youngster Cesarini has now improved attributes while Pecorari (now 36) had far better stats back in 2010.

View attachment 124603 View attachment 124604

Both are now favored personnel for club, unfortunately I had to sell Pecorari at some point as my side needed higher level players and age had become an issue. But Cesarini... sell I will never!

Last edited:
Guys here is my progress at the start of the fourth season, in first two I got two promotions to Serie B, in third I stayed up (difference just 1 point :)) finances are great thanks to new zealand tems and Kanderrso who proposed this... Also just built my youth academy and now will look to get a job as a manager of NT. Any reccomedations how to do it? Here are some screenies of my game:

View attachment 124745
View attachment 124746
View attachment 124747
View attachment 124749
View attachment 124750

All in all things are looking quite good for san marinese football

Struggling with the club at the moment. Currently 7th, although I have a squad that should be walking the league. Anyone got some ideas for good formations/styles for the club? I've got good depth so every position is covered.

what is your current tactics? I've been using complete dominance tactic, you can find it on this forum, now i use the same formation but i modified it a little... However, that tactic is brilliant!

Tried a 4-4-2 with attacking wingers. Short passing, control strategy. Conceding a lot of shots on target and isn't exactly prolific at the other end. I prefer making my own tactics though, so I'd rather not just download one from the site.

my suggestion is to use narrower tactic, as I believe other teams don't have the quality to attack on flanks, just to defend, try to concentrate more players in the middle, like one dmc, 2 mc and one amc, been very effective for me in my first season

Sorry this was my old squad, two years ago, here is my current squad

View attachment 124751

wow looks like that wasted first season motivated you to do better and faster than ever! time you need to complete one season is time I need to go from june 30th to july 10th, but that's mostly because I'm a transfer maniac 8-| . Right now I'm stuck in the middle of 2013/14 as I have to solve issues with my horrible windows7 (and probably re-install XP) before going on :mad:

good job!

---------- Post added at 06:15 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:04 PM ----------

Struggling with the club at the moment. Currently 7th, although I have a squad that should be walking the league. Anyone got some ideas for good formations/styles for the club? I've got good depth so every position is covered.

With a good reputation at serie C level and a supposedly better than average squad, it would be a good choice to set an attacking formation for San Marino.

Both Will and myself had success with an offensive 4-2-3-1 (I had a winger and inside forward), you can try that if you have skilled AMR/L with good dribble & flair.

Narrower formations like 4-1-2-1-2 or 4-1-2-3 (which I'm using right now in serie A) would be a better fit if you have more quality in the middle, or good strikers. Anyway if you feel confident about the quality of your squad you should go for attacking/controlling strategy both home and away.

Maybe you can post a screen of your squad so we can have a better idea of players and their skills?

View attachment 124979
View attachment 124980

These 2 players (I would swear but I odn't know if that's apropriate) won't sign a new contract with me :( and I was planning on trying to get into Serie A next season, of course these two would be a great part of my team... Any suggestions for replacements?

View attachment 124979
View attachment 124980

These 2 players (I would swear but I odn't know if that's apropriate) won't sign a new contract with me :( and I was planning on trying to get into Serie A next season, of course these two would be a great part of my team... Any suggestions for replacements?

Ah that's too bad for Diniz, looks like a solid defender for serie B. Maybe try to re-sign him until the very last day, hopefully he will have a change of heart. Merkel's loss would be less painful as he seems just an average yet promising player.

In serie B I had signed a very good centre.back in brazilian/italian Gustavo, old but impressive. For CM I managed to sign serbian international Milan Smiljianic. Look for high caliber free agents, and also for unattached regens (look for released players).

I had found this regen released from Barcelona B (at the time I was in C1), quite good. And the other one is an Italian regen I signed for free at the start of season.

View attachment 124985 View attachment 124986

Trial periods are you friend!

woohooo signed Diniz, and found a good regen from Spain who can easily replace Merkel in rotation, things are looking great, finished 5th this seson, now I need to sign some quality plaers and try to get into Serie A, I think the time has come to do that!

---------- Post added at 12:47 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:46 AM ----------

I am in play-offs for the Serie A this season, forgot about that option! Wish me luck :)

View attachment 124989

Just look at the statistics, can't believe my strikers aren't able to score from that many shots... Looks like I am going to need to buy new striker