The Great San Marino Challenge & Discussion Thread

I don't think so, you just have to select Italian league all the wa down and load all the sanmarinese players in database when you start the game. That's it!

aw kk
well i done that and my team was full of italians all just sell all of them tho

View attachment 124989

Just look at the statistics, can't believe my strikers aren't able to score from that many shots... Looks like I am going to need to buy new striker

This is so unfair! You still have a chance so hold on, go Titani!

---------- Post added at 02:06 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:04 AM ----------

aw kk
well i done that and my team was full of italians all just sell all of them tho

on the other hand the National team is full of sammarinese, the problem is they're all dreadful! Good luck!

I have just dropped all Italians to the reserves and tranfer listed them and signed alot of sanmarinese
so hopefully i can still get promoted

2011/12: Serie C1

After a succesful season in Serie C2 here we are in C1. The board was asking for just a safe mid-table finish, but looking at the quality of my San Marino squad and the rest of the league (not that different from C2 actually) I was pretty confident that we were immediately going to compete for promotion, if not for the very top position. And I must say I wasn't all wrong:

View attachment 125147 View attachment 125148 View attachment 125149

The final table doesn't really tell the whole story: we killed the league at about half-season displaying some impressive attacking football, so in the final games I decided to test some youngsters and reserve players to see if they deserved to stay at the club, or to earn a new contract. And apparently they didn't. A convincing win in the always useless Serie C1 Super Cup was also a nice way to end the season, and our adventure in Serie C.

Club icon Alessandro Cesarini and captain Marco Pecorari were once again our best performers, and while the trademark "San Marino transfer frenzy" wasn't enough (again!) to add real depth and replicate league success in the cups, we managed to sign a couple of excellent free agents with a potentially bright future at the club, even at much higher levels: flamboyant trequartista Gabriele Paonessa and famous wonderkid Davide Petrucci.

View attachment 125150 View attachment 125151

Farewell Serie C, hopefully we'll never meet again!

Last edited:
So guys, I have some big news to share with you: I got into Serie A!!! The play-off wasn't succesfull, but I played another season where I finished 2nd and got a direct promotion... After that I decided to post my sucess here. Now I've put together a decent squad that will try to survive in the best italian league. Here are some of my key players:
View attachment 125763

View attachment 125764

View attachment 125765

View attachment 125766

View attachment 125767

View attachment 125768

View attachment 125769

View attachment 125770

What do you say? I think I can hope to stay clear of relegation zone! How are you doing?

congratulations Monfils, great result and very good signings for serie A. A good keeper really makes the difference there, and those other veterans will give some much needed experience to your team, and will also be useful for tutoring youngsters.

Also thanks for contributing regularly to this thread, I wish more people could do that :p

I'm not proceeding quickly in the last couple of weeks due to PC issues (but I see a light at the end of the tunnel) so I'm still at the winter break of my 2013/14 season (serie A). Crazy as it may sound, we're currently 2nd (!) though I'm sure it won't last, just can't!

The key for me has been playing a counter 4-1-2-3, as anyone in serie A think they can attack like crazy against the small San Marino so they control possession and tempo but often get punished on the counter. Then I shut down in defence and my keeper do the rest (I have Marco Amelia who is terrible IRL but has been playing like god for me so far).

Honestly I've been a little (a lot) lucky so far but hey I'm not complaining, plus I managed some great signings both veterans and youngsters (will post some screens asap). My academy is still producing rubbish though, how about yours? Is there any hope in 2015 or it's still too soon to have some local talent?

congratulations Monfils, great result and very good signings for serie A. A good keeper really makes the difference there, and those other veterans will give some much needed experience to your team, and will also be useful for tutoring youngsters.

Also thanks for contributing regularly to this thread, I wish more people could do that :p

I'm not proceeding quickly in the last couple of weeks due to PC issues (but I see a light at the end of the tunnel) so I'm still at the winter break of my 2013/14 season (serie A). Crazy as it may sound, we're currently 2nd (!) though I'm sure it won't last, just can't!

The key for me has been playing a counter 4-1-2-3, as anyone in serie A think they can attack like crazy against the small San Marino so they control possession and tempo but often get punished on the counter. Then I shut down in defence and my keeper do the rest (I have Marco Amelia who is terrible IRL but has been playing like god for me so far).

Honestly I've been a little (a lot) lucky so far but hey I'm not complaining, plus I managed some great signings both veterans and youngsters (will post some screens asap). My academy is still producing rubbish though, how about yours? Is there any hope in 2015 or it's still too soon to have some local talent?

i wish u luck and don't lose hope
eventually u'll get some nice players
remember my lybia wonderkid

Youngsters are getting better, but they are still far from anything good... But if you compare them to the beginning you can see some improvements. For anything worth playing even as a backup we'll have to wait for even better facilites. Ah well, that is the life of san marinese managers in FM :p I would really like to see your big signings, as this 2nd place sounds unreal you must have some great players in your team

Youngsters are getting better, but they are still far from anything good... But if you compare them to the beginning you can see some improvements. For anything worth playing even as a backup we'll have to wait for even better facilites. Ah well, that is the life of san marinese managers in FM :p I would really like to see your big signings, as this 2nd place sounds unreal you must have some great players in your team

Well they're not so "big" (most expensive has been 1,7M euros for brazilian regen Diego) but they're class to me!

2nd place is a combination of good form, even better luck, keeper being god and also traditional powerhouses struggling alltogether. Take a look at the current table:

View attachment 125861

and some great results:

View attachment 125862 View attachment 125863 View attachment 125864 View attachment 125865

These are some of my key signings, mostly free agents plus loanee regen Madelaine:

View attachment 125866 View attachment 125867 View attachment 125868 View attachment 125869
View attachment 125870 View attachment 125871 View attachment 125872 View attachment 125873
View attachment 125880View attachment 125874

And as you see young captain Cesarini decided that he could score more in serie A then in C2...

2nd place can't last forever, but if those powerhouses keep struggling maybe we can steal an unlikely spot for european competitions...

Last edited:
i wish u luck and don't lose hope
eventually u'll get some nice players
remember my lybia wonderkid

thanks man, that wonderkid of yours was amazing and if he can come out of lybia than why not san marino!?

cheers

wooow Sulejmani in San Marino? He is one **** of a player. That Belgian looks great and Rivas was a beast in last FM, maybe one of the best DCs in whole game. And Cesarini looks really good. I suggest you to take a look at my Argentinian striker, bought him for only 400k when I was in Serie B, he was really impressive, but then he got injured for 7 months with broken leg. If you need a good striker, especially poacher take a close look at that guy, he's quality!

Just saw this challenge, already in Preseason with SM club now. Im quite experienced with LLM in England (hoping this will rub of in Italy) However Ive never done international management, and was wondering what the best way to improve the SM national squad is, especially seeing as I wont directly be in control of them for a few seasons...

Just saw this challenge, already in Preseason with SM club now. Im quite experienced with LLM in England (hoping this will rub of in Italy) However Ive never done international management, and was wondering what the best way to improve the SM national squad is, especially seeing as I wont directly be in control of them for a few seasons...

To improve quality of NT you need to improve quality of regens, as current sammarinese players are generally hopeless.

And to improve quality of regens you need to improve quality of facilities at the club (especially build academy, improve youth/recruitment), so you can start producing decent sammarinese youngsters.

And to improve the quality of facilities you need money, and to get that money you need to reach serie A asap... long story short, the whole future of football in San Marino depends on you and your club. Good luck ;)

Ah make sure you have manually loaded all players of San Marino nationality, otherwise the NT won't be available.

Last edited:
Haha awesome cheers! so need to get them stable in Serie A. And yeh just double checked, the players are available. now just for the long hard grind to serie A, onwards and upwwards! Will try and post in abit to tell you guys how im progressing!

wooow Sulejmani in San Marino? He is one **** of a player. That Belgian looks great and Rivas was a beast in last FM, maybe one of the best DCs in whole game. And Cesarini looks really good. I suggest you to take a look at my Argentinian striker, bought him for only 400k when I was in Serie B, he was really impressive, but then he got injured for 7 months with broken leg. If you need a good striker, especially poacher take a close look at that guy, he's quality!

yeah how about Sulejmani and co playing in San Marino in front of 4500 people XD

Rovira not in my game, while Auzqui looks very promising, young and cheap but he's extra-EU which makes things difficult. We'll see next season.

Yes mate Auzqui is a class player... He already wants to move to a bigger club, so his personality might be a problem. I also have 4500 seats, although the board says they've upgraded the stadium. They lie then, right? :D

Hey guys I need a box to box midfielder for San Marino. Any suggestions? In Serie C2

Hey guys I need a box to box midfielder for San Marino. Any suggestions? In Serie C2

uhm never really used box to box, but some good CMs for serie C2 could be Fabio Gatti, Pani and D'Antoni. Anyway check the unattached players, you should find some valuable veterans there.

@Monfils: the whole country of San Marino has about 30.000 people so I think it should be reasonable to have a 30.000 seats stadium... I want every single sammarinese at the stadium any given sunday!