The Great San Marino Challenge & Discussion Thread

of course, best striker in serie A had to be Zlatan! And adding Lavezzi almost in his prime will make you a title contender!?

though I'm more interested in your local product... tell me more! level of your academy/facilities? level/nationality of your staff? does it affect your regens? that Ercoli looks very interesting, and you surely have great options to tutor him. His potential? what are your scouts saying?

Right I just managed promotion to Serie A, via play-offs, with a very average squad. I've made a couple signings which has improved my squad, I hope, and my wage budget is at the max. As predicted, I got no funds to spend but adjusted the budget to get around 200k. I have also picked up a few free signing.

I'm still looking to get a couple good players in, maybe a LB, AML, and ST; but this is gonna be impossible with no funds. I think i might struggle to sell some of my players as well... so I'm going straight back down I think
View attachment 127180

This is one the regens I've picked up, formerly of barcelona, which looks quite promising. I'm gonna play him at AMR, and i'm trying to improve his finishing, so he'll be top class.
View attachment 127181

Nice work The_Special_13, have you got any San Marinese prospects coming through?

great work The_Special_13 now you need to stick around in serie A! search for the best free agents available, you should be able to find some international class players free & willing to join a serie A side like yours. And bribe agents to beat competition if necessary!

Nice work The_Special_13, have you got any San Marinese prospects coming through?

Unfortunately not at the moment. The board think that the youth development is not important at the momentoO)... which doesn't really make sense. However I just got the board to improve
the youth recruitment network, which should bring some better talent soon. I'll update as soon as I get someone quality.

---------- Post added at 06:47 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:40 PM ----------

great work The_Special_13 now you need to stick around in serie A! search for the best free agents available, you should be able to find some international class players free & willing to join a serie A side like yours. And bribe agents to beat competition if necessary!

Thanks for the advice, however is come to the end of the transfer window, and the seasons kicked off. I just lost to Lazio 2-1, but showed some positive signs. My fixture list is awful for the next 5 games, I've got: Genoa (Away), Roma (Home), Inter (Home), A.C. Milan (Away), Napoli (Home).:( A win at home would be nice I think

Ha! You've got the exact same fixture list as my Sorrento team has! I know im a different team but I started at a similar level.. I think im in the 2016/17 season, can't remember as Im at work. Lost 4-2 to Lazio but managed to nick a 1-0 win at Genoa. As for signings, I managed to sign Patrice Evra and Borriello on frees amonsgt others. Its always useful to look for players that big clubs release at the end of the season. I managed to pick up my captain Galimberti a few seasons ago and hes developed into a top Serie A defender.

Season 2012/13: Serie B

Looking back to our début Serie B campaign the first thing that comes to my mind is: craziest season ever.

It was a roller-coaster of results and emotions, with radical changes in personnel, tactics, strategies and pretty much anything else. For the first time since the start of my San Marino career I had to give up my beloved 4-2-3-1 in favour of a more direct, less possession-oriented 4-4-2. Also for the first time I realised I couldn't just go and attack any game, against any team, home & away like I was used in Serie C. And I learnt that the hard way...

Here are some results to give you an idea of my Serie B madness, our motto was "score and let score"

View attachment 127521 View attachment 127519 View attachment 127522 View attachment 127520

Our amazing home form kept us close to the top all year long despite some embarrassing away performances. We missed direct promotion only on goal difference but luckily my team decided to play some of their best football in the final part of the season, including play-offs as shown in the emphatic 6-0 against Empoli.

View attachment 127523 View attachment 127524 View attachment 127525

I managed to put together a very good squad mostly via free agents and loans: brazilian veteran Luiz Alberto bossed defence with authority; Serbian international Milan Smiljanic was classy (before requesting transfer...); wonderkid Marco Verratti joined initially on loan to bring quality; club icon Alessandro Cesarini embraced his new role of supporting striker leaving front-man role to new signing, goal hunter Christian Tiboni.

View attachment 127532 View attachment 127533

So... San Marino is in Serie A! Yep 3 seasons, 3 consecutive promotions. Wasn't really shocked to get out of Serie C so fast, but to go up from Serie B in just one year was really something. I'm no magician or tactical genius, I just built a good squad with some real quality players (and that's ALWAYS the key), and when I learnt to re-shape match strategies according to new standard of football and club reputation my team became quite solid and efficient.

And remember: Serie A is not the goal, it's just the start for Sammarinese Football...

Last edited:
I just finished my first season in Serie A... and I finished 14th!!! I was pretty surprised as the team didn't play that well. However I did get a couple of huge results, especially against Sampdoria (Away) on the last day. Now again I'm in July and the board have given me very little money, and all the good free agents want crazy wages.
View attachment 127721View attachment 127722View attachment 127723View attachment 127724View attachment 127725

I think that I might struggle again this season

I think you did a fantastic job to avoid relegation with that squad. Gasbarroni was mainly a backup for me in Serie B, I was offered Gemiti for free but I refused as I felt he was reserve-squad material and I always loaned Kysela in C1... D'Alessandro is quality, but honestly I'm not sure I could even get promotion from serie B with that squad, so well done!

You should put all your budget into wages and try signing some quality free agents, and also start looking for cheap regens all over the world. Sometimes Africa has very cheap wonderkids (50K cheap), will post some of my regens later as I'm very proud of them (unfortunately none from San Marino)

Last edited:
After reading through the thread, I'm going to give this a shot ;)

of course, best striker in serie A had to be Zlatan! And adding Lavezzi almost in his prime will make you a title contender!?

though I'm more interested in your local product... tell me more! level of your academy/facilities? level/nationality of your staff? does it affect your regens? that Ercoli looks very interesting, and you surely have great options to tutor him. His potential? what are your scouts saying?

Instead of writing I will just post some screenies. I am in the middle of the season, my lads have been playing brilliantly, got through the EURO Cup Group stages and playing well in all competitions. I have really good squad, with good cover for all positions, however many of them are veterans so I am scared that I will have to renew my squad at the end of the season... So without further ado, here are screenies, and if you want to know anything else feel free to ask :D
View attachment 127803
View attachment 127807
View attachment 127806
View attachment 127804
View attachment 127805

Wow that's a fantastic squad and glad to hear San marino is in europe :D! I missed europa cup in my first serie A season for inches, hopefully I can get there next year, start is promising!

Can I see the scouting report of youngster Ercoli? Want to see the potential of the great sammarinese hope...

One thing, why don't you increase the number of your coaches and scouts? that would reduce training workload and improve effectiveness, and give you the chance to send more scouts across the world and improve club knowledge.

Ercoli is said to be not good for my squad, but he is already a decent player for Serie B. But no matter what he is already a star of the national team and with his determination and work rate I think he could develop better than my scouts are predicting. I will be trying to develop him into my 4th choice striker in the future, now is tutored by Zlatan and I hope he can learn a lot. Maybe I will even give him some playing time as the end of the season aproaches.
View attachment 128084
View attachment 128085
View attachment 128086
I am working on improving all the aspects of the club, and coaches and scouts are no exception. However I prefer quality over quantity in that department, so when I find a good scout for free I sign him. I don't rush with signing scouts. Maybe that's my mistake. What do you think? Should I sign some more?

I think you really should. There are many good coaches/scouts available for free. I always have most I can: reduce workload is a key for better training, while more scouts mean more assignements and more knowledge, which is so important to "see" all the players available in other countries:

View attachment 128089 View attachment 128090 View attachment 128091

I think Ercoli is alright, your scouts are harsh because he's compared to legends like Zlatan or Lavezzi. He's a great prospect for San Marino, I wish I had someone like him!