The Great San Marino Challenge & Discussion Thread

How to do that?

In selecting leagues when you need to select how large you want your db(small, medium, large) there is also an option - custom where you select 'players of nationality' - san marino.

Before starting the game go to database size (small, medium, large, custom) and select custom. From there "add all players of nationality" and select San Marino.

ah, shadowsc2 had already explained that perfectly :)

Last edited:
Season 2013/14: Serie A

First season in Serie A for San Marino, and we're here to stay! The team was deeply improved in order to meet Serie A standards, mostly signing international class free agents now willing to join a Serie A side, and adding some cheap youngsters in the mix hoping they can develop into real class. And the result was...

View attachment 133057 View attachment 133058 View attachment 133059

And if you think that's a geat achievement, you should know that we were in 2nd place until January! First half of the season was actually a dream: new GK Marco Amelia played like god, defence was rock solid led by Nelson Rivas and Jelle Van Damme, and my man Alessandro Cesarini was scoring for fun like it was Serie C2. We regularly won close games in injury time, and we were boasting the best defence in the league.

But after about 20 games everything changed: Amelia got injured for almost 2 months, Cesarini started feeling serie A pressure and stopped scoring (13 goals in the end, but only 1 since january!), and referees were destroying us with unfair penalties almost every game. We eventually missed Europa Cup for inches but it was a great season, and definitely a good base for the future.

Wonderkid Marco Verratti joined on permanent basis and showed lots of promise in his new deep-lying forward position, becoming our Player of the Year and a club favorite. Brazilian regen Diego, touted as the next Ronaldo (!!!), didn't have an immediate impact but is our greatest prospect for the future, and was a steal at 1,7M euros!

View attachment 133060 View attachment 133061

Last edited:
VERY inspiring topic, i've just subscribed it. I see two of you have managed to be keen on even keel already, OUTSTANDING !
Please be persistent, I want to see NT with world cup soon :)

Well... somewhere in future, anyway ;)

P.s. Greetings from Poland ! :)

Last edited:
VERY inspiring topic, i've just subscribed it. I see two of you have managed to be keen on even keel already, OUTSTANDING !
Please be persistent, I want to see NT with world cup soon :)

Well... somewhere in future, anyway ;)

Well mate, if I get close anytime, you will be the first to know... But there is a long way to go...

Thank you cosa2, and maybe you can start this challenge too! btw Poland NT offered me a job a couple of season ago, and so did Inter, Juventus, Milan and Roma... only one who never gets sacked no matter what is San Marino NT manager oO)

@Monfils: that Moreira looks amazing, pacey centre backs are priceless and so hard to find. I have several good regens (lots of "touted as the next..."), but I'm most excited about my sammarinese Corioni: he's developing great (now described as "promising midfielder"), stats going up and big clubs making offers for him (all rejected of course), seems like he could become more than just decent!

TIP for signing Leo Aro in first season

1. Spare some wages budget (2,3k /week for me)
2. DON'T approach, scout or do anything with him for the first 3 months.
3. After 3 months he shouldn't have a team yet, that's the moment to sign him. He wanted 3.2k per week what used to be 7k :)

For the first 3 months you can sign Lys Mouithys, he's availabel for 1k and doesn't ask a lot of wage. He's also a quality signing

TIP for signing Leo Aro in first season

1. Spare some wages budget (2,3k /week for me)
2. DON'T approach, scout or do anything with him for the first 3 months.
3. After 3 months he shouldn't have a team yet, that's the moment to sign him. He wanted 3.2k per week what used to be 7k :)

For the first 3 months you can sign Lys Mouithys, he's availabel for 1k and doesn't ask a lot of wage. He's also a quality signing

Leo Aro is class for LLM, he's like Fernando Torres of lower leagues. Never managed to sign him back then but Alessandro Cesarini was a more than decent consolation prize... still a good backup in Serie A actually!

Thank you cosa2, and maybe you can start this challenge too! btw Poland NT offered me a job a couple of season ago, and so did Inter, Juventus, Milan and Roma... only one who never gets sacked no matter what is San Marino NT manager oO)

@Monfils: that Moreira looks amazing, pacey centre backs are priceless and so hard to find. I have several good regens (lots of "touted as the next..."), but I'm most excited about my sammarinese Corioni: he's developing great (now described as "promising midfielder"), stats going up and big clubs making offers for him (all rejected of course), seems like he could become more than just decent!

Getting NT job is really frutrating, been playing for ten years and no offer... Moreira will be great at least I hope so, and Corioni looks very nice. I also have some regens who could do a decent job for NT, and main stars of NT are 6 of 7 my players who are aged u20

I'll post my first transfer window singings, the tactic I'm using and maybe about 10 o'clock I'll post the current league table.

Juanma looks impressive for serie C2, maybe get a couple more of veteran free agents to add depth to the squad, I think an extra striker could do.

good luck with your San Marino career!

Well, i did get a better striker somehow and I need a good backup for Crivellaro and two ball winning midfielders. Suggestions?

he was already gain italian nationality he has also kazaherestain and Germany

Well, i did get a better striker somehow and I need a good backup for Crivellaro and two ball winning midfielders. Suggestions?

You should check the free agent market and look for italian veterans, there are some very good ones.

CM I say Pani, D'Antoni, Gatti AMC Vannucchi or Morfeo, oldies but goodies. And youngster Leandro Depetris would be a great AML/AMC for serie C. Enough now ;)!

You should check the free agent market and look for italian veterans, there are some very good ones.

CM I say Pani, D'Antoni, Gatti AMC Vannucchi or Morfeo, oldies but goodies. And youngster Leandro Depetris would be a great AML/AMC for serie C. Enough now ;)!

I couldn't find Pani nor D'Antoni nor Vannuchi. I found Gatti, Morfeo and Depetris. Depetris didn't won't a pretty low wage cause I'm already 2k euros above my wage budget, but Gatti and Morfeo have barely accepted and came to San Marino..

hey how do you add san marino leagues becasue i was reading about this person who done it please reply i want to start as soon as possible with them but want to know how to add the league

hey how do you add san marino leagues becasue i was reading about this person who done it please reply i want to start as soon as possible with them but want to know how to add the league

San Marino club plays in the Italian C2 division. As for managing the national team, you need to: In selecting leagues when you need to select how large you want your db(small, medium, large) there is also an option - custom where you select 'players of nationality' - san marino.