The Great San Marino Challenge

• Thread starter Thread starter kandersson
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 2K
  • Views Views 471K
Cheers Atleticano, added two pictures to my post earlier showing my fixtures and player ratings. I'm actually quite surprised that my right winger is amazing at working with Scorza at creating goal opportunities, I also have defenders with pretty good heading attributes and one of them (Pagani) often grabs a goal from a header at games where I'm struggling to get a goal through my strikers and attacking midfielders.

Getting an insane amount of shot attempts with a good amount of those being on target, one game against a fairly weak team had around 30 shot attempts and 20 of those were on target. Yet I only scored 2, crazy stuff.

Last edited:
Just finished a spectacular 2nd season, before posting details I'll show you the sammarinese starlets as of 2013.

First one is 18 years old veteran Juri Biordi from the original youth setup. If you gave him up and didn't try to develop him then you have missed a regular international for the next 15 years.

View attachment 202259

Then there's young defender Giacomo Fabbrini, a regen from the amateur Sammarinese league that appeared in the middle of first season. Signed him immediately at the club to follow his development, and made him an instant first choice for the NT. Excellent all-around player with above average attributes for SM standard.

View attachment 202264

I had already mentioned winger Ciro Napoli, the brightest prospect from first season youth intake. He's progressing nicely, probably the quickest and most technically gifted player in the country at just 17.

View attachment 202265

And finally the kid I was wrongly cursing just a few post above. Blue chip prospect Luca Tagliani initially rejected a call-up for San Marino to consider his chances with Italy. It took him only a few weeks to embrace the Titani project though, and as he turned 16 he won his first cap for San Marino in a respectable 0-3 loss vs Poland. According to all my staff he "has the potential to become a good Serie A defender". Broke the record of youngest player for both club and country.

View attachment 202269

2018-2019 CHAMPIONS LEAGUE CHAMPIONS!

Winning the Serie A was already a great achievement for the Titani, but what really made this season special was the champions league campaign, against all odds San Marino proved that they are a team to be reckoned with, as you will soon see:

Best Placed Playoff:

View attachment 202242View attachment 202243

Having finished 3rd the season before, the Titani had to face a team before being placed in the group stages, and that team was the oil-rich Manchester City. A difficult task, but the Titani have an excellent team and confidence was very high

The first game was a tense one, as Man City had more shots on goal, but the San Marino defense held firm and earned an important 2-1 result away from home. San Marino went to the second tie a little bit more comfortable, and were leading 1-0 until a 78th minute own goal made the Man City fans believe again, however the Titani held City's last minute attempts and qualified for the group stage

Group Stage

View attachment 202245

The draw was a good one for San Marino as they got placed in a relatively easy group along with Lyon, Porto, and Videoton, surely the Titani had enought quality to easily win their group.

And so it was, looking at the table may lead you to think it was a tight battle, but in reality San Marino won their first 4 games easily, qualifying to the next stage with 2 games to go, so for those games the Titani manager decided to go with their reserves, who tied one game and lost the other

Knockout Round

View attachment 202252View attachment 202253

For the knockout round San Marino were drawn against Benfica, in the first game away from home San Marino could not manage a win, however in the second tie San Marino showed that they are very strong at home, this would prove to be a pattern in these later stages...

Quarter-Final

View attachment 202254View attachment 202255

For the quarter-finals San Marino were drawn against Bayern, surely this would be the toughest test yet for the Titani...

The first game seemed to confirm it as Bayern were the better team, however San Marino did manage to score an important away goal. After this result the Bayern faithful were very confident of making it to the next round, but no one could guess what was coming in the second tie...

DON'T MESS WITH THE TITANI! The second match was a spectacular display at home, not even the most die-hard fan could see this coming, surely now the world finally take notice and start regarding San Marino as favorites...

Semi-Final

View attachment 202261View attachment 202262

The semi-final would prove to be a much tighter affair as again, San Marino failed to win away despite being the better team.

But once again the Olimpico proved too much for the opposition to handle as again the Titani wowed their fans and proved the still doubting media that they were a force to be reckoned with

ANDIAMO TITANI the fans screamed as San Marino are now through to their first ever champions league final, against Lionel Messi and his Barcelona team

Surely now the fairytale run would end, surely Lionel Messi and Barcelona would prove too much for the modest San Marino team to handle...

FINALS

View attachment 202266View attachment 202268

WOW!!

San Marino è campione

There is no other word to describe this match, this is probably one of the biggest upsets in history

As you can see the game was a lot more even the scoreline made it look, but San Marino's star striker, Jurijs Kopca, played the game of his life, converting all the chances he had and scoring a total of 4 goals, which has got to be some sort of record, and cementing his name in San Marino history.

Fun fact: After this match, Kopca was named honorary San Marino citizen and given the keys to the city by the president. Later on a prominent sammarinese singer made a song in his honor titled "Kopca è dio" which rose to the top of the sammarinese charts, further cementing his legendary status.

And that makes it official. I am the only one who has had **** youth players come through with the best being a keeper with potential to be good Serie C/1 or equal to Sciarrone.Hopefully this produce is better.

And that makes it official. I am the only one who has had **** youth players come through with the best being a keeper with potential to be good Serie C/1 or equal to Sciarrone.Hopefully this produce is better.

unlucky mate! Personally I feel the youth intake system is a bit more "generous" than in FM11 (and rightly so), in just two years I got 3-4 players that could be useful for the NT straight away, plus that guy Tagliani who is a serie A caliber prospect and don't forget Juri Biordi from the original squad! FM11 youth intakes were so frustrating, even when I had reached serie A status and good facilities.

btw I managed to improve youth recrutiment network once and junior coaching twice in 2 seasons, the board seems to allow those things quite easily as they're not real money loss, they just increase budget for those areas. Maybe this helped me a bit.

@Atleticano: wow that's amazing. Top of the world, so early in the game! congratulations for an amazing achievement! I feel stupid for asking this but I have to: is the part about honorary citizenship serious? I'm dreaming of Enzo Scorza as my first choice striker for the NT someday...

also some nice Italian there ;)

Last edited:
@Atleticano: wow that's amazing. Top of the world, so early in the game! congratulations for an amazing achievement! I feel stupid for asking this but I have to: is the part about honorary citizenship serious? I'm dreaming of Enzo Scorza as my first choice striker for the NT someday...

also some nice Italian there ;)

Unfortunately not, I was just thinking about how it would probably happen in real life :( Makes you long for the days of Fm2008 I think it was, when in 4 years players would be given Sammarinese nationality. Would surely make our lives a **** of a lot easier

As for my Italian it's mostly just google translate :P

Unfortunately not, I was just thinking about how it would probably happen in real life :( Makes you long for the days of Fm2008 I think it was, when in 4 years players would be given Sammarinese nationality. Would surely make our lives a **** of a lot easier

As for my Italian it's mostly just google translate :P

well that would be a nice touch if they could add something like honorary citizenship for sports merit in FM. I mean it does happen irl, i've seen this happening in Russia if I'm not mistaken.

you have taken the club to the top, good luck with the NT now ;)

Don't panic too much, I didn't get my star youth product, Cervellini, till I was in Serie B..

Al my youth propects i've bought in so far, had none generated at all, released all my reserves and kids just keep my 24 man squad.. but....

Giant Kiler for me....

Well pleased with this result early doors in season two from the boys, mainy the clean sheet.. Get in...

View attachment 202337View attachment 202338

Really hoping to raise a bit of cash from a good cup run...

On a side note Enzo Scorrza got injured at the start of the second seaon so i picked up Roaul Ngadiria on a free, at time of writing he's scored 10 in 4 starts ^_^

Last edited:
Hey guys. I just signed up to the forum. I've been reading it for some time and this challenge really struck me. I was wondering how do I load up the San Marino database to manage the national team?

select custom database when you pick the database size and load all player of sammaerese nationality. You can add another managetr select San Marino national team, retire him and keep applying till you get the job, if you wanna run both from the off.

select custom database when you pick the database size and load all player of sammaerese nationality. You can add another managetr select San Marino national team, retire him and keep applying till you get the job, if you wanna run both from the off.

Thanks a lot. Really appreciate the help. Really looking forward to this challenge. Should be a good and interesting one.

Thanks a lot. Really appreciate the help. Really looking forward to this challenge. Should be a good and interesting one.

Tiz a good game, fun to see who buys who and how everyone gets around the cash problem.. Scorza, Galraiz and Daniele Conti are defo from the off :0)

Second Season: 2012/2013

Another year, another treble!

View attachment 202471View attachment 202472View attachment 202473View attachment 202474

We killed Serie C1 with a ridiculous 25 consecutive wins to start the season, then lost some points in the last weeks. Serie C Cup final was tricky as we only won after penalties, and after playing with nine men since second half (injuries). An exciting run in the Italian Cup saw San Marino stunning a number of Serie B and Serie A sides, including continental giants Juventus! The run ended against Novara in the following round.

View attachment 202485View attachment 202486View attachment 202487View attachment 202490

The squad was deeply improved and actually looked much closer to an above average Serie B side. Brazilian playmaker Eric looked somewhat out of place in this league as he would probably be a good player for most Serie A sides. No surprise he won Serie C1 Player of the Year, while Enzo Scorza still averaged a goal per game as he won Top Scorer award (that's two in a row) and Fans POY. The pair was chosen for the Team of the Year, together with talismanic striker Alessandro Cesarini who starred at AML when first choice Gulraiz was away with Algeria (which was quite often)

Best prospects from the yearly youth intake:

View attachment 202491View attachment 202492

Centre back Luca Tagliani is already first choice for the NT and is said to have Serie A potential. Several clubs made generous co-ownership offers for him in the summer, all rejected of course! Simone Bianchi is a promising striker, unfortunately he's Italian which means I only see him as a financial asset ;)

The NT is slowly progressing, I recently got some respectable results though I'm quite sure the next fixtures will bring back the pain:

View attachment 202493

Already at work for Serie B debut, in my opinion the toughest league to face in this challenge. I managed to sign a couple of Italian wonderkids desperate for some first team action:

View attachment 202494View attachment 202495

Trequartista Davide Petrucci was a personal favourite of mine in FM11 and he's currently touted as the next Riccardo Montolivo; Lorenzo Crisetig already looks like a Serie A midfielder to me. Hopefully they can grow through the years with San Marino and lead the club to the top!

see when I take over the san marino team then do I just add the san marino national team with a different manager's name or do I have to keep applying until I get the job because I've been rejected 3 times already :(

http://gyazo.com/a86e13dc730ed5cdfeb06156ae3eb608.png

PROMOTED!!!!!!. Completed the great escape, hope this can help my finances
http://gyazo.com/e77f9f16305393104b4630c6ebb051fe.png

After the two legs and Extratime it went down to a previously unknown rule to me of whoever is the higher seeded team which meant I won. Cesarini's first leg 92nd min goal turned out to be vital.

My transfers for the season were as follows
http://gyazo.com/7b3217f41689e8d59e70d8a4d49eab40.png
Mentioned most of them earlier.

No youth prospects really again this year, and my candidates got outplayed by my u20s

Best players
http://gyazo.com/f66f8153f426b61ef08cee1af28566dc.png
Probably my most important player this year following on from Poletti last year
http://gyazo.com/ef2aed9d4f755d2063f1192cc2f80df1.png
Good bit part player that lost his place due to injuries and Cesarini kept him out then really.
http://gyazo.com/19db36e44078536863eaeb1d2b41e1ee.png
Cesarini goals scored etc isn't great but they were shared throughout the team this year.
http://gyazo.com/8f5ec89f558f0741edc844601454b860.png
My hero Robbie Brady, good season. tried to stop him scoring his tenth goal for a while cos that got him 30k but its hard to keep a good man down. Have a few planned frees for next season

http://gyazo.com/bbb4c4ef935a285e435d6680db1ae1c7.png

Thats my best 11

Last edited:
Started this challenge a couple of days ago but due to school and other things i've had little playing time. Currently in December of my first season and will update when i've completed my first season. That might take a while though

First competitive match for the National team and I face world number 1, England.

Surprisingly we were demolished but we bagged a goal! Young CM (will have to sign him) scored on his debut!

Went in Gung Ho as I knew we would lose, wanted to lose in style!

8-1 final score.

I'm getting crash dumps on this challenge's game so I'm out. Managed to get into the Serie B and I couldn't get any further unfortunately. Going to start a career with Bolton now. Good luck guys!

Back