The Great San Marino Challenge

• Thread starter Thread starter kandersson
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 2K
  • Views Views 471K
Started this... and havent got to the best start losing all friendlies and drawing one cup game!
View attachment 203115

As far as transfers are concerned, i have reshaped the team, trying to get some creativity into the team, with no less than 8 transfers (maybe more to come) the team is looking good, and regardless of the previous results, we will get promoted!
View attachment 203116View attachment 203117

And these are the top 5 players that are gonna decide the future of San Marino, the players that are the most needed in the squad, and the players that are going to push us up that league table!!
View attachment 203118View attachment 203119View attachment 203122View attachment 203123View attachment 203124

Guys i'm just wondering how to take a screenshot ? It's been a while since i've done it and I have forgotten :@. Once I figure this out I will be able to post an update of my first season with San Marino :)

i tend to use print screen and then paste it in paint and save although i think you can use f12, or one of those buttons to do it.

ctrl + f9 i believe, Hebbeh what theme is that? I like the retro look!

great season, and the SM players are particularly impressive: that 17y wonderkid scoring for fun and other two sammarinese teenagers capable of 20+goals in C1. Brilliant. Plus, another wonderkid who looks even better!? If you add GK Aldo Junior and developing CB Biordi then the NT is already looking more than decent after just two years.

can I please see a history screenshot of super striker Pregnolato???

View attachment 203132View attachment 203133

Sure. Unsure why his time at Juve hasn't logged, possibly because he was released so early? I've seen it happen before though, on some of my BaP games with the players (If they were signed in the summer, played no games and then released Sept/Oct), so it's not unprecedented.

Esposito and Moscatelli had phases where they would score for fun. I remember a run of about 5 games where Esposito got 4 goals, 3 goals, 3 goals, 3 goals. Unbelievable, saying he only netted 7 goals all last season!

Some Co-ownership deals freed up some funds, so, with Drascek stuggling with age, Fagni still inexperienced and Mingazzini now part of the coaching staff (along with youth coaches Simone and Pippo Inzaghi, and Assistant Manager Marco Materazzi) i bought a former player of my favourite club. Some of you will remember him:

View attachment 203145

TBH, Aldo has had some SHOCKING games in the NT, costing us a 1st win over Moldova in the last minute (and getting me the sack the 1st time round). Biordi has done ok, but the emergence of Vincenzo Esposito (Not related) has put him to the shadows.

Here is Vincenzo Esposito, and a couple of regens I missed to mention: (All sold for £1.4m Co-ownership each to Serie A clubs)
View attachment 203135View attachment 203136View attachment 203137

Hoping Girelli can be the long-term replacement for AJS!

And, by the way, Great Escape achievement?

Last edited:
2011/12 Season Serie C2/A

The season was very close with four or five teams in with a chance of promotion right throughout the season and it came down to the last couple of games to decide each teams faith. At the end of the day it was Alessandira who lifted the title and San Marion had to settle for a playoff place.
View attachment 203138

A 3-2 aggregate victory over Savona in the playoff final saw San Marino promoted to Serie C1.

I had trouble with transfers especially up front and missed out on Scorza, Conti and Gulraiz to bigger clubs.
View attachment 203139

Golas were a big struggle with Barbieri top scorer with just nine. The best perfomer for us was left-back Salvatore D'Elia who was excellent all season long.
View attachment 203140View attachment 203141View attachment 203142

We got promoted in an un-impressive fashion adn a significant imporvement will be needed in future seasons.

Great to see people doing this :D I'll be picking it up on 12 sometime next week (when I don't have a ton of books to read and essays to write >_>) I'll check through this thread at some point to see how well people are doing ^_^ Any top posts I should read would be useful :)

Oh this sounds awesome. Going to give this a go now. Time for a challenge. :D Hopefully ill make it into the San Marino Hall Of Fame.

Straight A's & Lower Leagues Legend

Great to see people doing this :D I'll be picking it up on 12 sometime next week (when I don't have a ton of books to read and essays to write >_>) I'll check through this thread at some point to see how well people are doing ^_^ Any top posts I should read would be useful :)

ooooooh welcome back Ubernisation, famous San Marino veteran ;)

I salute your return adding you to the hall of fame honoris causa, and posting my latest achievements:

View attachment 203214View attachment 203215View attachment 203216

three consecutive promotions to serie A! So eventually dominated Serie B as well, the truth is this game looks a bit easier than FM11 to me, as it is basically the same game plus a couple of things that make it more "user friendly" (new teamtalks and players easier to both sign and sell). If you have the ability of making profits (co-owenrships are a BEAST in serie B) and sign quality players (including loans), then triple promotion is not as hard as it sounds. Especially if you already had a lot of experience with FM11.

And if you trust your striker:

View attachment 203221View attachment 203222View attachment 203223

Little big man Enzo Scorza joined for free at the start of first season, trying to revive a career that went from Uruguay top clubs and youth appearences with the NT to the misery of Italian Serie D. He went on to win three consecutive Top Scorer awards in Serie C2, C1 and B (despite missing last month through a serious injury that also decreased his pace :S), averaging almost 1 goal per game and scoring 113 total goals with the club in 116 apps. He's stuck at 99 league goals though, so now I'm not sure if I'll sell him in the summer (contract running out next season, and honeslty I need something else for Serie A) or keep him at least until he reach 100!

Here's new San Marino icon Enzino Scorza in a screen from 1st season:

View attachment 203224

Thank you Enzo, you really made it happen for us! So next year the Lower League Legend achievement will be known as Enzo Scorza Award ;)

That makes me really annoyed that Scorza didn't want to join me. I've missed out on so many goals. :(

So I couldn't resist and played a bit yesterday and today :P I'm just using plug and play tactics from off this site for now, but I'll probably modify them when I have more time. I kind of rushed through the early part of the season as I just wanted to get a feel for what was new and different about 12. Didn't read this thread for player tips, prefer to find my own, although I tried to get Daniele Conti who always beasted it for me in FM 11, but to no avail.

I got 4 games into the season with 12 points and a +13 GD, and non conceded, so I'm going to stick with the tactic. I didn't do any proper scouting or anything though, so I'm going to start again now I know the lay of the land.

**** Enzo got injured for my in serie C1 had to draft in Raoul Ngadrini instead but he scored 23 in 27 so its not all bad ^_^

Do you guys offer out players on co-ownerships or do you get offers because if its the latter I'm really unlucky.

Do you guys offer out players on co-ownerships or do you get offers because if its the latter I'm really unlucky.

you must not offer players, and no transfer list as well. Co-ownership offers just pop out suddenly during transfer windows.

Clearly you need to have players that can attract other clubs interest, I think it's more a matter of players' reputation and PA than current performances or abilities: they should be young players with a decent reputation, maybe released from Serie A clubs or foreigners capped at youth level.

I received a 800K euros co-own offer in serie B for a decent brazilian/italian regen (released from Palmeiras and signed in serie C1) who was actually useless for me, would have sold him for 500k full transfer ;)

The funny thing is most of the times when you have to make co-ownership final decision and bid for the player, the other club offers NOTHING and the player stays with your club. How smart from the AI...

In serie A co-ownerships get even more crazy: just rejected a 4M euros offer to co-own sammarinese starlet Tagliani (valued 1M), could have used that money actually but I have a strict policy when it comes to SM prospects :P

So I couldn't resist and played a bit yesterday and today :P I'm just using plug and play tactics from off this site for now, but I'll probably modify them when I have more time. I kind of rushed through the early part of the season as I just wanted to get a feel for what was new and different about 12. Didn't read this thread for player tips, prefer to find my own, although I tried to get Daniele Conti who always beasted it for me in FM 11, but to no avail.

I got 4 games into the season with 12 points and a +13 GD, and non conceded, so I'm going to stick with the tactic. I didn't do any proper scouting or anything though, so I'm going to start again now I know the lay of the land.

yep I have the feeling the first years will be quite easy for people with your experience.

Ha Daniele Conti was a legend for me in FM11 but wasn't able to sign him this time around, even my cult player from last year Cesarini this time had to live in Enzo's shadow. Though maybe it's better this way, otherwise this would be just the same game I played last year. Still using the very same tactic though, despite my tactic thread having ZERO feedback last year XD

you must not offer players, and no transfer list as well. Co-ownership offers just pop out suddenly during transfer windows.

Clearly you need to have players that can attract other clubs interest, I think it's more a matter of players' reputation and PA than current performances or abilities: they should be young players with a decent reputation, maybe released from Serie A clubs or foreigners capped at youth level.

I received a 800K euros co-own offer in serie B for a decent brazilian/italian regen (released from Palmeiras and signed in serie C1) who was actually useless for me, would have sold him for 500k full transfer ;)

The funny thing is most of the times when you have to make co-ownership final decision and bid for the player, the other club offers NOTHING and the player stays with your club. How smart from the AI...

In serie A co-ownerships get even more crazy: just rejected a 4M euros offer to co-own sammarinese starlet Tagliani (valued 1M), could have used that money actually but I have a strict policy when it comes to SM prospects :P

In that case I'm really unlucky as I have a few good youth players. Really need to free up some wages as i have 4 players with leading Serie A potential but i can only offer 425 p/w when they want 900-1300 p/w

2016/2017 Review
Table
View attachment 203325
*EURO Cup!

Notable Incoming Transfers
View attachment 203323View attachment 203326View attachment 203324
*My best AMC wanted to move to a bigger club so I decided to spend everything (~7m over 48 months) on this younger and much better Bulgarian. AMC is the focal point of the tactic so I hope he can lead the club. Spent 1.5m on Ashong and only 400k(!) on Selmi.

*Haven't taken control of the NT yet but am going to next chance I get.

Back