The Great San Marino Challenge

• Thread starter Thread starter kandersson
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 2K
  • Views Views 471K
i think they have a tendency towards san marinese managers at 90% or more so if you're not san marinese it will be really hard to get it.

Ive got it now, I did it the other way around, started with the NT and applied for the club. And I made the manager Italian/san marianese which was annoying, but oh well, its all good now :)

Ive got it now, I did it the other way around, started with the NT and applied for the club. And I made the manager Italian/san marianese which was annoying, but oh well, its all good now :)

i just addded seperate managers for teh national team and club and pennarosa from teh san marinese league, then took teh under 21's and under 19's with the other 2 so i'd have complete control of teh national side's performance and that way it should be slightly easier for me to keep track of.

Cheers for the help guys, managed to ge Bruno Zuculini in to replace Burchel and Magnanelli on loan as well for good measure just in case.

Teams looking pretty good for Season 3, just beat AC Milan 3-0 (2 goals from corners by Mei at CB, according to the stats i shoulda lost) in the Super Cup Final, with my new young striker coming off the bench to grab a goal..

View attachment 203497

My assistant manager released all my youth, coz i forgot to change the settings, but the were only just good enough for serie B and they've been picked up by other clubs already, but i'm not managing NT yet so i'm not too worried. I can spend the cash on keep a reserve and youth team for the whole season in a few years and then take NT job as well.

My other prospect is this lad..

View attachment 203499

So onwards, upwards, gotta get past Maritimo of Portugal in the EURO 4tth Qual as well.. hope i can make groups at least.

Finished my first season,

View attachment 203573

Pretty amazing season. I was heading for a perfect season, but I drew 2 games when I was 10 points off sewing up the leads and had a ton of injuries, and drew 2 towards the end of the season when I had already won the league and was playing a few youngsters. Still pretty good though ;)

View attachment 203574

Key Players and comments:

Vittorio Ferrero: 30 appearances, 11 goals, 1 assist, 5 MoM. CB already at the club, played him on the right of central defence. He was simply outstanding early season, didn't allow any striker to get past him, scored about 8 goals from corners and 3 from free kicks. His injury coincided with our mid season wobble where we drew 2 games and squeezed past a few others, in fact before he got injured we had only conceded 5 goals in about 25 games. Made a few appearances late in the season as well, although a few from the bench when regaining fitness. Also bought the 50% off Juventus so he's mine now.

Alexis Abrahim: 34 appearances, 24 goals, 14 assists, 6 MoM. For the first half of the season he was providing more assists than goals, and was averaging around 7th in the league for goals scored. Second half of the season he benefited from me moving Gulraiz to winger and him becoming the definitive lead striker, scored a lot more after this move than before it.

Fabricio Cancela: 34 appearances, 1 goal, 2 assists, 3 MoM. Played him as my first choice RB and fill in CB. He was relatively tame up front, my FBs aren't overly aggresive, but was solid as a rock at the back. Owned his side of the field.

Eder Bau: 31 appearances, 7 goals, 17 assists, 3 MoM. First choice right winger after the 6-7th game in- I rotated him and Sodinha initially. He roved up the wing and linked up extremely well with Abrahim. Also scored some nice goals from short passes around the box. The way he cuts in after a run down the wing reminded me of Robben and was a sight to behold.

David Giubliato: 37 appearances, 7 goals, 3 assists, 3 MoM. Was the CB partner to Ferrero at first and was solid but was outperformed by his partner. Following the 2-3 month injury to Ferrero he stepped into his role and scored some goals from corners and dominated his side of the pitch despite is partner being rotated between 2 or 3 players. Very impressed by a player I wasn't expecting too much from.

Mohammed Gulraiz: 31 appearances, 12 goals, 6 assists, 5 MoM. For the first half of the season was the lead striker, but wasn't getting too many goals and was one of the underperformers in the team (although still averaging around 7.00). In the second half I moved him to the left wing and he performed much better here. Although his assists tally is low I don't think this is representative of his play- was excellent down the left wing and outperformed Ingrao who he replaced.

View attachment 203585

Pretty standard fare, only notable things is that Rossini was a sub in the first half of the season, but became first choice when I moved Gulraiz to the left wing and did well. Sodinha has a higher rating than Bau, but I frankly don't agree, he wasn't as incisive as Bau. Pinna I signed on a free because Sciarrone got a longterm injury; he performed well in this period but was moved back to sub when Sciarrone returned from injury.

View attachment 203586

5 players in the team of the year, can't complain.

Will update for season 2 pre season tomorrow probably. However I've only got 5-6k of free wages to play with, and I've let a few players go (mainly players who were 35+ despite good performances last season). I'm after a 3rd choice striker, a young striker prospect to cover for injuries, a reserve LB, first choice AMR, reserve and first choice CB, 1st/2nd choice MC and DMC. I did release a few of the good performers, and those on wages I deem too high for their talent so expect some fairly big changes. I think I will probably have 6 or 7 of the same first choice players as this season.

Aim is consecutive promotion, I've organised 3 leagues against Serie A teams which should hopefully get me to around 1m+ in the coffers which should tide me over until this time next year. Will also post the best regens too.

Finished my first season,

View attachment 203573

Pretty amazing season. I was heading for a perfect season, but I drew 2 games when I was 10 points off sewing up the leads and had a ton of injuries, and drew 2 towards the end of the season when I had already won the league and was playing a few youngsters. Still pretty good though ;)

View attachment 203574

Key Players and comments:

Vittorio Ferrero: 30 appearances, 11 goals, 1 assist, 5 MoM. CB already at the club, played him on the right of central defence. He was simply outstanding early season, didn't allow any striker to get past him, scored about 8 goals from corners and 3 from free kicks. His injury coincided with our mid season wobble where we drew 2 games and squeezed past a few others, in fact before he got injured we had only conceded 5 goals in about 25 games. Made a few appearances late in the season as well, although a few from the bench when regaining fitness. Also bought the 50% off Juventus so he's mine now.

Alexis Abrahim: 34 appearances, 24 goals, 14 assists, 6 MoM. For the first half of the season he was providing more assists than goals, and was averaging around 7th in the league for goals scored. Second half of the season he benefited from me moving Gulraiz to winger and him becoming the definitive lead striker, scored a lot more after this move than before it.

Fabricio Cancela: 34 appearances, 1 goal, 2 assists, 3 MoM. Played him as my first choice RB and fill in CB. He was relatively tame up front, my FBs aren't overly aggresive, but was solid as a rock at the back. Owned his side of the field.

Eder Bau: 31 appearances, 7 goals, 17 assists, 3 MoM. First choice right winger after the 6-7th game in- I rotated him and Sodinha initially. He roved up the wing and linked up extremely well with Abrahim. Also scored some nice goals from short passes around the box. The way he cuts in after a run down the wing reminded me of Robben and was a sight to behold.

David Giubliato: 37 appearances, 7 goals, 3 assists, 3 MoM. Was the CB partner to Ferrero at first and was solid but was outperformed by his partner. Following the 2-3 month injury to Ferrero he stepped into his role and scored some goals from corners and dominated his side of the pitch despite is partner being rotated between 2 or 3 players. Very impressed by a player I wasn't expecting too much from.

Mohammed Gulraiz: 31 appearances, 12 goals, 6 assists, 5 MoM. For the first half of the season was the lead striker, but wasn't getting too many goals and was one of the underperformers in the team (although still averaging around 7.00). In the second half I moved him to the left wing and he performed much better here. Although his assists tally is low I don't think this is representative of his play- was excellent down the left wing and outperformed Ingrao who he replaced.

View attachment 203585

Pretty standard fare, only notable things is that Rossini was a sub in the first half of the season, but became first choice when I moved Gulraiz to the left wing and did well. Sodinha has a higher rating than Bau, but I frankly don't agree, he wasn't as incisive as Bau. Pinna I signed on a free because Sciarrone got a longterm injury; he performed well in this period but was moved back to sub when Sciarrone returned from injury.

View attachment 203586

5 players in the team of the year, can't complain.

Will update for season 2 pre season tomorrow probably. However I've only got 5-6k of free wages to play with, and I've let a few players go (mainly players who were 35+ despite good performances last season). I'm after a 3rd choice striker, a young striker prospect to cover for injuries, a reserve LB, first choice AMR, reserve and first choice CB, 1st/2nd choice MC and DMC. I did release a few of the good performers, and those on wages I deem too high for their talent so expect some fairly big changes. I think I will probably have 6 or 7 of the same first choice players as this season.

Aim is consecutive promotion, I've organised 3 leagues against Serie A teams which should hopefully get me to around 1m+ in the coffers which should tide me over until this time next year. Will also post the best regens too.
Try players released from Serie A and Premier league teams. I got Robbie Brady and if i wanted/had more funds could have gotten plenty more.

I recommend Roual Ngarini as reserve striker if he's in your game, reserve LB, Christian Fernandez or Martin Aligia, First Choice CB, Cesena (your parent club) have Luca Ricci in the reserves for loan or buy, and for DMC/MC - Deigo De Ascentis or Giacomo Zappacosta.

Please don't give more suggestions to Ubernisation or he'll win Champions League in second year ;)

great season Uber, curious to see your regens.

Good to see your posts here though I hope to see a story thread from you as well :) I'll probably start one of my own if people don't get overbored with San Marino...

Hi All,

about to start my first challenge of this sort and very much looking forward to it! a few questions before i start;

- Which leagues should i load for best players and so forth to begin with
- What database size and any additional countries/nationalities

wish me luck =]

i started with all SM players and players loaded from England, France, Germany, Spain and Holland, with Italy leagues playeable. this gave my the full database of 75,000 players to buy at the start.

Hi All,

about to start my first challenge of this sort and very much looking forward to it! a few questions before i start;

- Which leagues should i load for best players and so forth to begin with
- What database size and any additional countries/nationalities

wish me luck =]

it's very much up to you, your preferences and computer performances.

Personally I loaded only italian leagues, with large database, south american internationals and players from top south american clubs (plus obviously players with SM nationality). I've seen people like to load uruguay leagues as there are some excellent players with EU nationality there. Your choice really mate!

If you have any other question about the challenge could you please use my other thread http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/foot...-san-marino-guide-kandersson.html#post1349200 thank you!

2011 - 2012

7 Losses - (3 Friendly, 4 Serie C2/A)
13 Drawn
44 Wins (Including Cup Games drawn but won).

I couldn't have a better first season (apart from my dismal financial status which keeps going down and down).
Was the champions of Serie C2/A, lifted the Serie C Cup and even obtained the C2 Super Cup.

My team was fairly strong throughout however there was a few hiccups involving injuries to some of the core team members and a lack of finishing quality from my striker and attacking midfielders. It was also quite difficult to keep the team motivated and getting them focussed, my defenders have been scoring quite a few own goals aswell.

View attachment 203641

My team setup focussed on a strong midfield backed up by a solid defense line in which they also had excellent heading skills to take advantage of.

View attachment 203643

Scorza achieved 30 Goals in the Serie C2/A and had been man of the match 9 times, Cardacio and Capone were excellent in assists with 20 and 14 respectively. Overall San Marino achieved 86 goals (Virtus Entella 2nd with 78) and only 32 conceded (Alessandria 2nd with 35). I was rather pleased but I have to acknowledge that I'll probably have to bring in some players who can come in when a player is injured or fatigued.

I would highly recommend Enzo Scorza as his pace totally destroys any form of defense the other team may have, I probably used an inappropiate tactic which didn't make full use of him but he still kept scoring goals. I would also recommend Daniele Conti (AMC/ST), Mathias Cardacio (MC), Andrea Bracaletti (AMR), Sebastian Flores (DL), Andrea Capone (AML), Alessandro Grandoni (DC), Nicola Pagani (DC), Fabricio Cancela (DC/DR).

Other honourable mentions would be for Claudio Herrera (DMC/MC), Carlo Teodorani (DL), Alessio Tranchina (DMC/MC) however these players would probably be on the weak side in dealing with stronger teams in the next league.

Transfer Screenshot:
View attachment 203645

I couldn't resist buying a few players as shown in my transfer history and I had to offer quite large wages for other players such as Scorza, Cardacio and Grandoni as shown below.

View attachment 203646View attachment 203647

I haven't had any notable youth intakes apart from one or two that could possibly make my first team if I allow them to grow and gain experience.

I can add more screenshots if requested and now I'm not entirely sure how I should approach the next season. :P

@wkdsoul:

Yeah that's been one of the main things I've done, looking at kids released from Serie A and giving them trials, I prefer not taking recommendations and using my scouts instead.

@kandersson:

I'll wait until I have more time before making a story :P I have an essay in for tuesday and then have 2 weeks of slightly more free time, so I might make one in that period, if not I'll probably start one over the christmas period. :) My regens are actually have decent, a few 3/4 stars- definately better than 09 or 11. I'm scouting San Marino for potential too to see if there has been any other good regens.

@Ifortunatus:

I did all Italian leagues, Sammarinese leagues and Argentinian leagues + players- mainly because there is a very strong link between Italian and Argentinian players. Depends what you can run really though. It can get very slow a few years game time in.

@ Scotai

Nice season :D

Having a little break from my SM save after three full seasons so I'm still in summer 2014.

I'm going to show you the "touted as next [insert megastar here]..." I picked up (all for free and with lowest wages) at start of Serie A season. Obviously none from San Marino, and actually I see them more as financial assets (...) than future stars as the SM kids always tend to get the best training/tutoring from me. Some of those comparisons look quite promising though:

View attachment 203667View attachment 203668View attachment 203669View attachment 203670

The next Ballack has actually some impressive technical attributes. Also midfielder Lorenzo Crisetig after a great season and stats improvements is now labelled the next Daniele De Rossi, not bad at all.

There are quite a few wonderkids without clubs and without offers (the new Michael Owen and the next Alan Shearer are available too) not very realistic tbh!

Ok so far im doing pretty great, minus the fact that im heavily in debt i have won the serie C/2A and C/1A without much effort.

However i have came to a situation were i don't know if i should cry or be happy :( , let me explain below...

I got lucky and brought a young talented Sammarinese 16 year old through my youth ranks. (SS below)
fm2011-11-1218-26-26-75.jpg

He is so well thought of that i have knocked back 3 Co-Ownership deals for him from Atlanta, Genoa and Palermo, they were all in the £500k+ region and i rejected all offers.

But here is the bad part...He is no longer "Just an average newgen", he is now "touted as the next Cristiano Zanetti" and has droped his San Marino Nationallity and has now capped for the Italy Under 19's. (SS below)
fm2011-11-1700-37-02-25.jpg

I now highly doubt he will will ever play for the San Marino National Team:(

Take the NT job and offer him a full team call up?

Ok so far im doing pretty great, minus the fact that im heavily in debt i have won the serie C/2A and C/1A without much effort.

However i have came to a situation were i don't know if i should cry or be happy :( , let me explain below...

I got lucky and brought a young talented Sammarinese 16 year old through my youth ranks. (SS below)
fm2011-11-1218-26-26-75.jpg

He is so well thought of that i have knocked back 3 Co-Ownership deals for him from Atlanta, Genoa and Palermo, they were all in the £500k+ region and i rejected all offers.

But here is the bad part...He is no longer "Just an average newgen", he is now "touted as the next Cristiano Zanetti" and has droped his San Marino Nationallity and has now capped for the Italy Under 19's. (SS below)
fm2011-11-1700-37-02-25.jpg

I now highly doubt he will will ever play for the San Marino National Team:(

the regen looks great but C.Zanetti is a ****! this had to be said ;)

when a 17 year old is already in italy U19 it means he'll probably stick around in italy's youth teams and earn caps at U21 and possibly U23 level as well. This doesn't mean he will ever get a cap with Italy senior squad though, that depends on how his career and attributes evolve. He'll most likely reject San Marino at least until 23-24, but he might eventually accpet a call up if he realises he's not being considered by italy. You must wait and see.

btw, how come he's at Parma (apparently not in co-ownership) in a screen of 2012, then he's at San Marino in 2013???

Back