De Acentis (3/4)
Conti (8/34)
Galriaz (16/17)
Buchel (7/14)
Scorza (18/14)
Abrahim (32/14)

Ngradrira (26/12)
Sodinha (5/17)

Well an awesome performance from the boys, gotta a rake of deadwood loanee's coming back in and a RW to get to replace Buchel on loan. and Serie B to prepare for and hopefully a group stage in the EURO cup to raise some cash as well, my boys beating Lazio, Genoa and AC Milan 6-3 on aggregate in the Italian cup semi. Thrashed Padova in every final (wtf?!) but who cares i won!!! My finances are in the plus at least for now and my first XI is almost good enough to cut it in serie B, just gotta sweep up some free transfers and decent kids and hope for some co-op deals for cash.

The youth team threw up these two prospects, better than the usual **** i get, pity only one is SM....

View attachment 203340View attachment 203341

Gotta admit it looks like they've majorly nerfed the difficulty of this challenge if everyone is playing legit. In 11 I had my facilities upgraded to the very best they could be and would get 2-3 decent players. . Until my 8th or so season into the game there were no Sammarinese players who could play any higher than low Serie C1 standard; whereas it looks as if people are getting players with Serie B-A potential within a few seasons; I hope they haven't made this far easier and that this is just luck.

Anywho not got far as of yet. Going to take over national team as soon as I reach Serie A to save a bit of time. By coincidence I have a lot of players similar to other people on this thread (good 'ol scouts), although I'll be honest and say that I took recommendations on Sciarrone, Cancela and Sodinha from this thread- the rest is all through scouting though.

My Squad (still in pre season- may be one or two new faces to come)

View attachment 203357

Missed out on Daniele Conti, a perenial favourite of mine, hope to get him next season.

Team Report:

View attachment 203361

Staff:

View attachment 203362

Transfer History:

View attachment 203363

I always ship out all the deadwood- it costs a lot but it frees up wage space, and in the long run it's not much of a loss if you compare the wages for the length of contract to the fee to release.

View attachment 203364

Hardly the best pre season, but it's meant I made a net profit in pre season, and there are a few close results in there as well as the win. Hopefully I'll win the Serie C Cup games to build morale for the start of the season.

Overall pretty happy, should be an easy season. Update next pre season or in January.

Gotta admit it looks like they've majorly nerfed the difficulty of this challenge if everyone is playing legit. In 11 I had my facilities upgraded to the very best they could be and would get 2-3 decent players. . Until my 8th or so season into the game there were no Sammarinese players who could play any higher than low Serie C1 standard; whereas it looks as if people are getting players with Serie B-A potential within a few seasons; I hope they haven't made this far easier and that this is just luck.

Anywho not got far as of yet. Going to take over national team as soon as I reach Serie A to save a bit of time. By coincidence I have a lot of players similar to other people on this thread (good 'ol scouts), although I'll be honest and say that I took recommendations on Sciarrone, Cancela and Sodinha from this thread- the rest is all through scouting though.

My Squad (still in pre season- may be one or two new faces to come)

View attachment 203357

Missed out on Daniele Conti, a perenial favourite of mine, hope to get him next season.

Team Report:

View attachment 203361

Staff:

View attachment 203362

Transfer History:

View attachment 203363

I always ship out all the deadwood- it costs a lot but it frees up wage space, and in the long run it's not much of a loss if you compare the wages for the length of contract to the fee to release.

View attachment 203364

Hardly the best pre season, but it's meant I made a net profit in pre season, and there are a few close results in there as well as the win. Hopefully I'll win the Serie C Cup games to build morale for the start of the season.

Overall pretty happy, should be an easy season. Update next pre season or in January.

looks like a very good squad for C2.

And yes in my experience SM regens from youth system seem to be better than in FM11, maybe you won't get the most spectacular wonderkids but 1-2 decent/good prospects per season look very possible now. I think you should look to upgrade "junior coaching" right from the start, the board tend to accept straight away (no financial loss, only jr coaching increased) and this seems to improve quality of youth intake.

In other news, despite a couple of nice prospects the NT still progressing quite slowly: as of 2014 we are yet to win a single competitive match, best result was a draw vs Moldova. Only win came in a friendly against Tonga, while uninspiring results would include draws against Nepal and Kyrgzistan plus a terrible loss against Myanmar... But we "jumped" to 199th in Fifa rankings :)

Looking forward to your updates, might wait until you reach serie A to go on with my own game as actually I was thinking to start a save with Toronto ;)

Last edited:
So i'm preparing for the challenge of Serie B, happily scouring the free lists and released players, and to stop any bid i always put the asking price of any of my star players as £5mil, reject all offers, usually stops the chairman accepting stupid bids... and what happens... my best midfield prospect still walks! wtf!?

View attachment 203416

Last edited:
So i'm preparing for the challenge of Serie B, happily scouring the free lists and released players, and to stop any bid i always put the asking price of any of my star players as £5mil, reject all offers, usually stops the chairman accepting stupid bids... and what happens... my best midfield prospect still walks! wtf!?

View attachment 203416

I sold Gulraiz in Serie B and replaced him with a guy called Ousmane Sy or even better Mikael Negro. The latter being good enough for Serie A

I sold Gulraiz in Serie B and replaced him with a guy called Ousmane Sy or even better Mikael Negro. The latter being good enough for Serie A

Cheers.... ^_^
Fecking chairmen! least i'm out of debt i suppose...

6 mil should be able to basically buy you a squad in Serie B though, especially if you stick to mostly free transfers. I got Josip Ilcic and Perparim Hetemaj in FM 11 in Serie B for San Marino- have a look into them?

@ kandersson

Yeah squad should kill it tbh. And yeah I requested everything I could from the board :P They've let me have more scouts, coaches, physions, increased the junior coaching once, the wage budget once and the youth recruiting network once- so I can't complain. Coffers are on +450k, despite the loss of a ton of cash due to releasing players, thanks to the friendlies played.

6 mil should be able to basically buy you a squad in Serie B though, especially if you stick to mostly free transfers. I got Josip Ilcic and Perparim Hetemaj in FM 11 in Serie B for San Marino- have a look into them?

Yeah, my team was pretty much complete it was built around him, wasnt even in debt at the time the offer was accepted.. Hetemaj, looks good, cheers guy, nothing like a quick ask, in the San Marino Challenge Self help group.. :P

View attachment 203416[/QUOTE

6M is huge for serie B, that should give you the chance to build a top class team for that standard. Vermeulen also a solid signing at right back.

out of curiosity, and please don't take any offence, are you still using two managers and two clubs, cause in your screens I've seen "alexandro bonini" and "brian clough" plus the multiplayer icon on top right corner? thought you had started over just with one club? you know the very strict rules of the challenge.... ;)

Ive decided I am going to take up the challenge this year. I did a very similar thing on last years version, but with the Northern Mariana Islands. I took control of a club and the NT, and upgraded the training + youth facilities ect, to help improve the NT. It did take me over 26 years to draw a game with the NT, and another 4 to actually win a game!

Hopefully it wont take as long on this challenge though lol

No worries, was gonna post a disclaimer at the bottom but managing England, always like to run a national team but the SM NT was far too depressing, will take the back up when i get more SM players at the club... so gave clough the job of dropping Gerrard, Lampard and anyone close to 30 from the england team.. ^_^.

I'd have kept Burchel if i was gonna cheat, he'd have been an ace centre point for my midfield. I can send you screenshots of my England game with the san marino updates in the news feed to confirm?

^_^

No worries, was gonna post a disclaimer at the bottom but managing England, always like to run a national team but the SM NT was far too depressing, will take the back up when i get more SM players at the club... so gave clough the job of dropping Gerrard, Lampard and anyone close to 30 from the england team.. ^_^.

I'd have kept Burchel if i was gonna cheat, he'd have been an ace centre point for my midfield. I can send you screenshots of my England game with the san marino updates in the news feed to confirm?

^_^

don't worry it's not necessary, I always hate to cast doubts on other people's games and that's why I'd like you guys to stick to the simple rules explained in OP :P

I'd like to see a screen of that guy Bruchel as he seem quite popular here while I know absolutely nothing of him!

I would but he's just been sold and all his stats are greyed out now... lol... No worries.

View attachment 203423

No problem, only added Cloughie after watching the Spain game, see how far i could get the England team if i completely dropped the old guard..

Im ****** financially. under my wage budget due to releasing players by 100 p/w but this wage bidget is only 27000 p/w which is less than I got in Serie C/2 i think. Im aiming for 15th or so and hoping the rep improves and i get more sponsors or something. Serie B is hard for me.

Im ****** financially. under my wage budget due to releasing players by 100 p/w but this wage bidget is only 27000 p/w which is less than I got in Serie C/2 i think. Im aiming for 15th or so and hoping the rep improves and i get more sponsors or something. Serie B is hard for me.

I reckon that without a deep run in Italian Cup the previous season and most of all those co-ownership deals my serie B campaign would have been much harder.

I'd suggest you to look at players on loan, especially if you can get them with low wages and without fee. Regens with EU nationality from brazilian clubs might be your best option, I had a couple just to add squad depth but were good enough to be first team players actually. Also dutch clubs have very good youngsters willing to join on loan. There was a guy Kishna (non regen from Ajax I think) that was amazing, had a loan offer accpeted but chose another club.

If players refuse in first place try to add a future fee in your loan offer (even if you will never afford that), they seem more likely to accept this way in my experience.

Hope this helps a bit!

I reckon that without a deep run in Italian Cup the previous season and most of all those co-ownership deals my serie B campaign would have been much harder.

I'd suggest you to look at players on loan, especially if you can get them with low wages and without fee. Regens with EU nationality from brazilian clubs might be your best option, I had a couple just to add squad depth but were good enough to be first team players actually. Also dutch clubs have very good youngsters willing to join on loan. There was a guy Kishna (non regen from Ajax I think) that was amazing, had a loan offer accpeted but chose another club.

If players refuse in first place try to add a future fee in your loan offer (even if you will never afford that), they seem more likely to accept this way in my experience.

Hope this helps a bit!

My squad is alright for this season its just I'm missing out on 3 really good players on a free who will be gone really early prob

Organise friendly leagues with Serie A teams in the off season- you can get ~500k+ cash per league if you get it on TV (which happens more often than not) and the teams hardly ever turn you down. You can organise 3 in pre season and 1 at christmas, that's basically how I keep my coffers relatively full. It can mean you go into the start of the season with low morale, so I recommend you do 2 leagues pre season and then some games against minnows to build morale before the start of the season, unless you need the cash really badly.

I know that you obviously arent allowed to use the RTE, but would it be acceptable to use it to briefly improve my manager rep ect to help get the NT job?

Even with my past experience set to international player, my interest just get laughed off?!

Also I will be starting a story of my progress soon. keep an eye out for it :)

I know that you obviously arent allowed to use the RTE, but would it be acceptable to use it to briefly improve my manager rep ect to help get the NT job?

Even with my past experience set to international player, my interest just get laughed off?!

Also I will be starting a story of my progress soon. keep an eye out for it :)

i think they have a tendency towards san marinese managers at 90% or more so if you're not san marinese it will be really hard to get it.

Back