The Great San Marino Challenge

• Thread starter Thread starter kandersson
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 2K
  • Views Views 471K
Nice one Andersson... is it sad that in hte early season i couldn't wait for the transfer window to open, now i cant wait for the March 18th regen date baby!! lol..

Oh and my best result ever....

View attachment 205076

wow that's huge for first serie A season!

btw I had spotted infamous defector Mirko Palazzi in a NT screen of yours, how did you get him out of inernational retirement??? ******* always rejects my kind approaches...

Thanks man :)

how do you guy's control finances ?? The club was losing about £120k every month

Just take the hit and gamble on quick promotions. Put your club in a terrible financial state and hope you get to Serie A, and hopefully Champions League, asap. I'm currently heamoraging about 750k a month, but I should make this back via Serie A TV and prize money, and hopefully will start to expand the stadium at the end of the season. Until you eihter get Champions League group stage football and improve the capacity of your stadium you'll be in tough financial situations.

He didnt come out for me, he came out for the last guy..

wow that's huge for first serie A season!

btw I had spotted infamous defector Mirko Palazzi in a NT screen of yours, how did you get him out of inernational retirement??? ******* always rejects my kind approaches...

Pity that was a cup game.. ^_^

Palazzi came out of retirement for the last guy before me, hes been **** for me anyway. i dropped him to the bench.

Pity that was a cup game.. ^_^

Palazzi came out of retirement for the last guy before me, hes been **** for me anyway. i dropped him to the bench.

saddest thing, he'd still be undisputed first choice for me in the NT... I was so desperate that I signed him for the club despite him being useless just to become his favourite staff and get him out of retirement... didn't work obviously :@

saddest thing, he'd still be undisputed first choice for me in the NT... I was so desperate that I signed him for the club despite him being useless just to become his favourite staff and get him out of retirement... didn't work obviously :@

At the min, i play Amato (regen) at DMC, Urso and Maganelli in the Mid, Rubinacci on the AML, Vitaloi onthe AMR, and Rivi or Stefanelli upfront.

Scored 3, against Malta, 2 against Mexico and Lithuania, 1 against Portugal.

Urso plays coz he can take corners, rubinacci has 3 in 6 from LW..

Was not expecting a decent season in SA so really concentrated on training my squad pre season and going back to my most successful tactic, the 343, I have to say, there is still some fight in this tactic! Not a single loss since I implemented it and only played SA teams, and not the easy variety. Every game I normally rotate the team so I can get a flavour of the players and give them match fitness. But one game really took me by surprise. View attachment 205140
I only played Scorza to see if he still had it in him. I have many players just as good or better than him on the bench, all under the age of 19 too! They are currently training as wingers too as they are so quick! One of them has finishing of 19 as well! Scorza also scored a screamer of a volley on the edge of the area. This performance really shakes thing up!

Will post Goals in a second!

Edit:

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9pzvEg5F2Yc" target="_blank">[video=youtube;9pzvEg5F2Yc]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9pzvEg5F2Yc[/video]

Last edited:
Anyone have tactical advice vs top 100 countries? I'm struggling to even get 1 shot off per game against them.

Of course. Anything is better than what I'm doing at the moment. :@

If you struggling with the National Team, try Mr Houghs Boots to ***** 4-5-1 in the tactics section. I found this but with the wingers to cross to far past, and midfield two too take long shots will win you corners, which is where the majority of any of your chances will come from along with a solid (ish) defence.

I've decided to start again, despite winning promotion in my first season.

Does anyone even know if it's actually possible to avoid such horrible losses each month? I actually want a respectable budget in my second season. /:

If you struggling with the National Team, try Mr Houghs Boots to ***** 4-5-1 in the tactics section. I found this but with the wingers to cross to far past, and midfield two too take long shots will win you corners, which is where the majority of any of your chances will come from along with a solid (ish) defence.

Interesting philosophy. Makes a lot of sense though, I'll check it out.

View attachment 205150View attachment 205151

There, give them a go! Away/Home if you are favourites use home and if not away!

This is the strangest formation I have ever seen haha. I'll test it out in the coming matches.

Interesting philosophy. Makes a lot of sense though, I'll check it out.

This is the strangest formation I have ever seen haha. I'll test it out in the coming matches.

Taken from Zero Fairyland last season which was the best tactic in the game I believe!

If i had the player to make it work it'd give it a go, but god ****! it does look wierd... lol ^_^

I'm in Feb now. i might give it a go in preseason.

Last edited:
I've decided to start again, despite winning promotion in my first season.

Does anyone even know if it's actually possible to avoid such horrible losses each month? I actually want a respectable budget in my second season. /:

always tend to go in red in first two seasons, even -2M. It will happen even if you stay well under the budget as serie C clubs really can't get no money from anywhere and Stadio Olimpico only has 4500 seats. The board will inject some fresh cash when things look really bad, so never mind. Best way of making money is have a deep run in Italian Cup (from second season), and signing decent youngsters as they might attract interest of bigger clubs (co-ownership offers will often be very generous when you reach serie B)

Last edited:
If i had the player to make it work it'd give it a go, but god ****! it does look wierd... lol ^_^

I'm in Feb now. i might give it a go in preseason.
My suggestion is start pre season and play against your reserves then another poor team, then a similar rep team then all out high rep!

Just get the fastest players you can!

of course it does, that's how I managed my brilliant results like the one against Myanmar!!!

My apologies MRRRRrrrr Andersson..... all creit goes to him for that tid bit of tactical genius.. ^_^

Back