The Great San Marino Challenge

• Thread starter Thread starter kandersson
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 2K
  • Views Views 471K
Scrap those regens, had a crash dump so had to go back to feb... gutted.D

****, so glad i make back up saves right now.. whew. rescue'd my game but bck to the start of Feb hopefully i' can almost replcate what i did when i finished above.. **** some of the regens were ave as well... :(

I save every 2 weeks or so out of fear of that sort of thing >_<

I save every 2 weeks or so out of fear of that sort of thing >_<

Me too luckily.. Least i get regen day again! and i know whos gonna fade towards the end of the season so i can keep on the bnech t give them playing time keep the price up and them in the shop window ^_^

Well, ive finished this challenge now. I continued an older save after my main one crash dumped, but the earlier one did too on the 2nd June 2014, exactly the same time as the main one. Has anyone else had this problem?

Ignore the rage post, I have fixed it :D my challenge is back on! Serie A here I come!

Well, ive finished this challenge now. I continued an older save after my main one crash dumped, but the earlier one did too on the 2nd June 2014, exactly the same time as the main one. Has anyone else had this problem?

when something like this happens you should send your savefile to SI and see if they can fix it for you. They used to do this last year for issues like that.

i'm in august 2014 and so far so good, though crash dumps really spoiled FM11 for me.

Just got promoted to Serie A! :D

View attachment 205276

Can you put down on the OP that I have The Great Escape, Straight A's and Giant Killer (SS in a previous post :))

even if you win ever game for 1st season you still have pretty much the same amount of money you started with.
im in february in season 2 with milazzo (worst team than san marino) and im still -£100k but got a few cup games again serie a and b teams so should get the money rolling in.
best thing is just to get rid of players u don't want at all and soon as possible and have a really small squad i think i have about 35 playes in all including my youth team and still won promotion. :)

Nah, 1st 11, back up player for every positions, a 3rd keeper and a couple of utiliy men.

Didnt have a reserve or youth team, released them all .

haha lol. i kept a few youth players to help develop and give me more chance of getting really good regens! with so far is working half my squad is youth player under the age of 18!

Ugh, Sunderland just activated the release clause of my star striker during the January window (he's scored 21 in 16 league games) so I'm sitting in 2nd place behind Inter and stuck with a backup striker for the rest of the season. I just spent $24million (€18 million) on this guy out of desperation, by far the most I've ever spent on any player:

View attachment 205386

Worth it?

2014/2015 season

League Table:
XmyqK.png
TGRNb.png

PROMOTED!!!!!! through the playoffs again and got very lucky against Cesena who probably deserved the win.
Not much more that I can say except that Villar Rodriguez came off the bench and was only a backup usually.

My Best 11:
2W5uu.png

Great season from everyone. Matute and Engin Sevim(on the bench for some reason) got 11 assists and 12 assists respectively which is great.

Robbie Brady is God:
v2xn1.png

He completely prawned all season and got Serie B PoTY for second year running. However his ambition meant he decided to leave for a free transfer when we weren't playing so well and not even a cup semi and promotion could persuade him otherwise so the God is gone due to a lack of flexibility on FM. I'm in his favoured personnel so maybe just maybe I can resign him at some stage.

San Marino legend:
0tXxM.png

Cesarini continued his excellence this season and scored and set up lots of goals. Not much more I can say.

Will do youth prospects when I can be bothered, none to write to home about but the national team is definately improving gradually.

Any other screens just ask.

I started this challenge about a week ago, after scholes decided to retire from my coaching team on my united save :'(

anyways currently just kicked off my third season, (2 promotions so im in serie B)

got myself 3 very nice youngsters from the end of contract transfers at the end of season 2. pretty sure 2 are newgens or smt but i got coulibaly ( CF from tottenham) on a free.

screenies of them to come :D

View attachment 205405

the cb i got on a free from at.madrid, hed played a dozen games in the seniors for them aged 17, with an avg rating of 7.46 and they didnt offer him a new contract. xD

View attachment 205406

and this kids brilliant in AM. he was in the lower leagues somehow. anyways im playing a narrow diamond so my first choice AM is literally my best player. so the fact hes 5(*) recomendation means hes the ****. the CB too as his pot is currently being compared to Mei (inter CB who they release thats quite good - for serie B)

------

looking at the awards on the first page:

So far for club ive done. 'LLM Treble' and 'The Great Escape'

missed out on 'Lower Leagues Legend' as i play 2 upfront so gulraiz and scorza my two forwards shared the goals (approx) evenly between them.

obviously hoping to do 'Straight A's' this season.

as for doing 'Giant Killer' the first 2 serie A opponents ive faced in the italian cup ...were AC Milan and Juve... surfice to say they hammered me. fingers crossed i can kick *** this season now my teams vamped up in serie B.

anyways ill post another long boring story screenie monstrosity when ive finished season 3.

Last edited:
great season Brian! too bad about Brady, but it's great to see Cesarini in top form again.

@David Walker: you're doing very good, post a screen of your LLM treble and you'll go straight in the Hall of fame ;)

Last edited:
Back