The Great San Marino Challenge

• Thread starter Thread starter kandersson
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 2K
  • Views Views 471K
do u guys get the board to try and buy the stadium / build a new one?

I havent had need to/ the desire / the bank balance to even make it worthwhile asking them yet.

When you're in Serie A it's imperative. Without regular european football you don't have the money to spend on good wages to get a better quality of player. When you have a 20-30k stadium you start making money and thus get more money to spend on transfers.

My tactic is to just stick to young promising players as they ask for less wages. My wage cap is 80kish per week, so the best thing I can do is develop players on a lower wage rather than buying expensive ones. Unless you get a lucky season and get into the Champions League you're not going to have the money to dramatically improve your squad and push for the top places with a 4.5k stadium.

After reading about this challenge i just had to join this wonderful community :).

Great challenge, great scenario!

Season 2014/15 - 4th Season Review

League 5th

View attachment 205858

Italian Cup - Winners 6-2 Juventus

Finacial Status (+£7,586,531)

Top Scorer - Leandro 26
Top Assists - Ledesma 21
Best Avg Rating - Ledesma 7.68

Review:-

Well a great showing from my attack bagging 96 goals, but my defence let 56 in, gutted. Such an inconsistant team really. Got a few free transfers coming in, With Reale looking really promising to pair with Ledley (free transfer mid-season) in Midfield and Guilavogul who i can fit in CB and solid thing up a bit. As for transfers i'm hoping to bring in Felipe Anderson
and Nika Kvekveskiri at RB. Think i might bring in a keeper as well, Beogvic is up on a free not sure yet.

View attachment 205859View attachment 205860View attachment 205861

The NT ar not fairng bad since a formation shift, i've started picking off goals as well as the usual hammering losing 5-2 or 3-1 instead of 5-0 6-0, so a plus there once my kids get some training, i'm picked up pretty much every SM player and they now sit in my reserve club team or are out on loan.

When you're in Serie A it's imperative. Without regular european football you don't have the money to spend on good wages to get a better quality of player. When you have a 20-30k stadium you start making money and thus get more money to spend on transfers.

My tactic is to just stick to young promising players as they ask for less wages. My wage cap is 80kish per week, so the best thing I can do is develop players on a lower wage rather than buying expensive ones. Unless you get a lucky season and get into the Champions League you're not going to have the money to dramatically improve your squad and push for the top places with a 4.5k stadium.

I tend to use a different strategy with this: my priority is always youth/traning facilities + recruitment network so that's where I put all the cash. In my FM11 save the board was forced to start stadium expansion without me asking ;)

Bigger stadium will bring much more money, but I usually manage to make money in other ways, mostly my "sign & sell" policy and the crazy co-ownerships of FM12. Seems to me I can make about 6-8M every year only with co-ownership deals!

First season In SA, Managed to blag 9th after pretty appalling form. Looking for some youth players to bring in next season and a MUCH better striker!

Almost every match I have played in the Series C1/B has ended up in one or several of my players being injured. One game I had 5 of them injured...

People just seem intent on crippling my team.

Almost every match I have played in the Series C1/B has ended up in one or several of my players being injured. One game I had 5 of them injured...

People just seem intent on crippling my team.

currently jan of my 3rd season into the challenge, in serie B andjust dropped like 10 points in 5 games moving from 1st to second due to having no forwards. all 4 of my seniors are injured. :( first ones back in like 3 weeks ...

New transfer tactic:

Go through leader board of top nations. Go to their youth teams, sign every player without a contract!

Stothy, can I ask what's the most efficient way to do that?

Hey guys, this is a fascinating challenge and I decided to give it a go.

I've blasted through my first season in C2/A and had some very pleasing results. It has ended bittersweet though. From the 4th March I didn't win a game for 10 matches and squandered an 18 point lead at the top. Last game of the season I was away at 3rd placed Alessandria knowing that a draw would see me clinch second and knowing that a defeat would mean the lottery of the play-offs. I won 3-1. It just seems crazy and I feel duped.

I went from dominating to getting beaten by bottom of the league and the other teams were getting penalties every game. Of these penalties, all of them were converted. In the last game I went 1-0 down to a penalty then they got another one which they missed, I then scored three to win the game. If I was so bad against the **** teams how did I win the one against an in form team at home?!?

I've been playing CM/FM since the very first edition and I've never experienced anything like it. I don't feel positive going into the next season.

I am truly fascinated by the challenge and I'm going to stick with it but I am hugely frustrated with the end to the season appearing so unrealistic.

Has anyone else experienced anything similar?

Always Geordie, always. My team perform extremely well versus good/better teams but always struggle against teams from the lower part of the league. Confusing... :(

Stothy, can I ask what's the most efficient way to do that?
Go to world>overview>world then there is a list of top clubs click each individually and see the players without a team! :) don't forget big names too, sometimes don't make the list but awesome youth. Worked amazing this season, could push for first after last seasons 9th! will post screenies soon!

I usually gteget a fall in form from about March ish with all teams i've played in any game so far.

Would take a while to sort through the list specially when you can't use the filter for contracts/clubs. Going to try that though for next transfer window to bring in some quality players. It's getting frustratingly difficult to keep my star players in the team such as Cardacio and Scorza. Even though we are at the top of the league with an impressive win rate, Cardacio won't listen to any contract offers and Scorza is wanting me to bring in better quality players or he'll want an extortionate wage.

Which is confusing because I'm doing extremely well... :(

Edit: I've had to offer Scorza to clubs as I can't afford what he wants and at least this way I'll make some money by selling him rather than having a club come in and grab him up. He's not been performing that well either. So now I'm looking for a striker to replace him, no idea who though.

Last edited:
Would take a while to sort through the list specially when you can't use the filter for contracts/clubs. Going to try that though for next transfer window to bring in some quality players. It's getting frustratingly difficult to keep my star players in the team such as Cardacio and Scorza. Even though we are at the top of the league with an impressive win rate, Cardacio won't listen to any contract offers and Scorza is wanting me to bring in better quality players or he'll want an extortionate wage.

Which is confusing because I'm doing extremely well... :(

Edit: I've had to offer Scorza to clubs as I can't afford what he wants and at least this way I'll make some money by selling him rather than having a club come in and grab him up. He's not been performing that well either. So now I'm looking for a striker to replace him, no idea who though.
I had that problem too, better get some money for them than let their contracts run dry! I kept them both somehow though and Cardaciao played the full 1st season in SA as I couldn't get anyone better in, and he was solid! However now I have found these players: View attachment 205924View attachment 205925View attachment 205926View attachment 205927View attachment 205929View attachment 205930View attachment 205931View attachment 205932

Offered most of them trials then signed, only signed if someone else had already bid! Quite surprisingly, 50% of the good players were MC! And that's only the start!

Christ, it's nigh on impossible finding another striker as good as Scorza at the moment. What ones I do find (i.e. Riski from Cesena for a loan) instantly reject me.

On the good side of news... I made £650k in profit last month. £438K from gate receipts, holy sh...

Last edited:
Christ, it's nigh on impossible finding another striker as good as Scorza at the moment. What ones I do find (i.e. Riski from Cesena for a loan) instantly reject me.

I signed Goncalo Paciencia from Porto.. He might be available on a free. 17/36 in SB and now 6/15 in SA. (:

There's a lot of newgens around too.

Back