The Great San Marino Challenge

• Thread starter Thread starter kandersson
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 2K
  • Views Views 471K
Board just injected £375k into bank balance, nom nom nom.. Still £350k in the red though. ):

yes if he someone who hasnt played for you then maybe not! but already scored 21 in 16 on loan for you then yes !

great season Brian! too bad about Brady, but it's great to see Cesarini in top form again.

@David Walker: you're doing very good, post a screen of your LLM treble and you'll go straight in the Hall of fame ;)

theres a screenie of my comp landmarks (H).

View attachment 205493

currently 26 points from 11 games in serie B. though im currently using a 15 and 17 y.o gk - as my first choice season'd veternan got a virus and is out for about 5 more months, think im going to have to get someone in on loan cos they drop simple crosses and funny stuff like that. :@

oooh el ogro Fabbiani, quite a cult player!

updated OP with new Hall of fame addtions, and also updated my story thread http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/foot...ies/87029-not-another-san-marino-story-2.html

hehe i could barely see his attributes so had to just wing it and hope he would suit my style / tactics. he did well in my narrow diamond as a trequartista giving assists/ hold up play etc. But when i saw the interested parties i offered out for a mill which was 3x his value at the time. and got 3 clubs bidding 750k, which basically wiped my clubs entire debt away.

fingers crossed my next (partially blind) signing comes up top trumps, he looks good. thank god hes got some portugeese in him otherwise like a load of the other brazilians etc he'd pass me by.

View attachment 205520

Last edited:
hehe i could barely see his attributes so had to just wing it and hope he would suit my style / tactics. he did well in my narrow diamond as a trequartista giving assists/ hold up play etc. But when i saw the interested parties i offered out for a mill which was 3x his value at the time. and got 3 clubs bidding 750k, which basically wiped my clubs entire debt away.

fingers crossed my next (partially blind) signing comes up top trumps, he looks good. thank god hes got some portugeese in him otherwise like a load of the other brazilians etc he'd pass me by.

View attachment 205520
Got youth caps must be alright!

The board sold my star midfield over my head in season 3 for 6m to real madrid, which was a big help, they just sold him on too Man city for 29.5m a season later... ^_^

Sounds like a great challenge for me! Will definitely have a crack at it some time soon!

2018/2019 Season Review
Table/ECC
View attachment 205650View attachment 205646
*2nd AGAIN XD. Had a chance to win the league but lost to Inter 0-1 second to last match of the season.
*Lost to Leverkusen in ECC qtr final (beating Barcelona along the way :))

Notable Regens
View attachment 205645View attachment 205647View attachment 205648
*Starting to have an overabundance of quality strikers. Never thought that would be a problem...

National Team
View attachment 205649View attachment 205656
*Slightly better than usual... :P
*I can't believe I lost to Vanuatu at the end of such a good year. VANUATU?! REALLY?

Misc.
*Stadium expansion finally happening. 2832 more seats!

awww.. league blown second to last game gutted! great work otherwise thoguh. i'm just about finishing my 4th season, 1st in the serie A. currently running 8th and the italian cup to play, got on eye on next season already, my unsung hero has been joe ledley who i picked up out of contract in Oct/Nov, reshaped my formation to 4-5-1 to accomdate him and ball player in the middle of the park, got an eye on having Cristeg, Ledley and Felipe Anderson as my midfield next year. Leandro has been great up front, hittin 28 in 30 so far. All facilities/stadium are still in contrustion and club is comin on really well so far.

I joined this forum specifically to embark on this challenge. I'm inexperienced with LLM, but I'm ready to give this a shot. San Marino, welcome to the big stage.

It's amazing how easy you guys are making this look.. Some of you are in the Champions League already. Impressive. Thought I might as well post my first 2 seasons as San Marino.

Nothing particularly amazing, successive promotions through the play-offs. First season I alternated a 442 with a 541.. Pretty poor season considering I'm generally pretty good with LL teams. Second season I used Mr Hough's Boots to ***** tactic, worked well considering I was predicted 13th and had a £15k p/w wage budget.. Weirdly though none of my goals came from my strikers.. Must be something to do with the tactic.

Now in Serie B, I'm expecting to get destroyed, in all honesty I have no idea how strong this league is but it's probably a lot stronger than the group of teenagers I've managed to scramble together. Below are a few of the more promising players I have.

View attachment 205736View attachment 205737View attachment 205740View attachment 205741View attachment 205742

No potential world-class players but hopefully they can keep me up. My unattractive wage budget of £25k p/w is the main reason for looking to youth.. And the prospect of selling them on for a profit.

On a brighter note, after using the 'lack of ambition' card I've managed to persuade the board to purchase the stadium. Come 04/08/2014 we will be the owners of that wonderfully tiny stadium.. Anyway, good luck guys!

Anybody have luck with expanding the stadium? The board doesn't think that there's enough potential fan base to expand it beyond 4.5k >_> even though we averaged 98% attendance last season.

Anybody have luck with expanding the stadium? The board doesn't think that there's enough potential fan base to expand it beyond 4.5k >_> even though we averaged 98% attendance last season.

I didn't get my first expansion until this offseason (2019). It took ~20 ground sellouts and 99% attendance.

I got mine to start building and they pulled it half way through construction.. ¬_¬

Back