The Great San Marino Challenge

i found ALexis Abrahim and Roaul Ngadira to be better than Scorza in my 2nd season.

Christ, it's nigh on impossible finding another striker as good as Scorza at the moment. What ones I do find (i.e. Riski from Cesena for a loan) instantly reject me.

On the good side of news... I made £650k in profit last month. £438K from gate receipts, holy sh...
All I can say is Riski :/ sorry!

I signed Goncalo Paciencia from Porto.. He might be available on a free. 17/36 in SB and now 6/15 in SA. :)

There's a lot of newgens around too.

I've always wondered about that, how do you go about finding newgens? I know what they are but haven't found anything that tells you how to go about finding them.

I've always wondered about that, how do you go about finding newgens? I know what they are but haven't found anything that tells you how to go about finding them.

Just scout or player search.

For scouts I send them off to look for players under the age of 21 with at least 4.5 star potential. For player search just look for players under 21 with 3 of the important stats for their position 15+ and see what you can turn up.

Just scout or player search.

For scouts I send them off to look for players under the age of 21 with at least 4.5 star potential. For player search just look for players under 21 with 3 of the important stats for their position 15+ and see what you can turn up.

Thanks, I just realised that I haven't got any scout at the moment considering the last one's contract expired and I haven't exactly got a great wage budget to bring in a new one.

here's a good tip, your not able to sign any none europeans untill serie A so brazilians etc arent available to you,

HOWEVER if they have a second nationality you can sign them. AND for instance the brazilian league players , there contracts end in december/january. so you can sometimes top up your team with an end of contract signing midway through the season.

best way to find the eligible players is to customise the options youve got viewing wise. and stick on second nationality. then just click on that and the south americans with second nationalities will be shown to you. Ive found 2 great 17 year olds whose contracts were ending and i signed on frees

screenie below of the LB signed from internacional on end of contract. got him as 5(*) pot and im currently top of serie B with a LB worth about 500k, so hes got to be pretty good... so more then worth his 1.4k wages given his resale potenatial. :D

View attachment 205955

hope i helped

Don't you just love it when a plan comes together, 1st game of season 5, my new formation, 4 new players in the line up including Chramosta who bags a hat trick on his debut.. awesome stats, 8 CCC's, Super Cup in the bag!!

View attachment 205973View attachment 205974

Forza Titani!

finally completed pre-season of my first Serie A year! took me ages, partly because I spent lots of time on scouting/transfers and partly because playing serie A is the least fun part of the challenge for me :p. I'm really enjoying managing the NT though, ranking 182th and starting to display something that almost looks like football!

I had to say goodbye to living legend Enzo Scorza (sold!) but I'm quite happy with the squad I put together. Meet Bruno Veiga, my designated front-man for this season:

View attachment 206046

I have faith in him, though his attributes have worsened badly in just one month... wonder if my schedules for strikers are that bad?

Just another quick update for the 2013-14 season in Serie B.

League Table

View attachment 206059

Managed to get promoted through the play-offs.. Weirdly, in the semi-final first leg I lost 1-0 to Padova, but the return game I won 7-0 with four goals coming from Goncalo Paciencia. Crazy.

Transfer activity

View attachment 206058View attachment 206057View attachment 206060

I haven't bought in a massive amount of players really, I knew that signing quality players would be hard so good continuing my 'wonderkid' approach I've managed to bag a few extra good youngsters.

I've also managed to earn £9.5m in co-ownerships this season. The highest fee being £2.5m for a player with a value of £900k. Easy.

San Marino Newgens

I haven't had a lot of luck in this department, a couple of good regens but nowhere near the standard of my first team.. Hopefully a few more will come through as I improve my facilities and then I'll be able to maybe get somewhere with the national squad.

Facilities

I've persauded the board to expand the stadium, however I'd recommend anybody else who is considering asking the board to do the same should try to get them to build a new stadium, it's more expensive but I'm not sure what the expansion restrictions are on the current stadium you could end up investing millions in a stadium that's maximum capacity is like 10,000.

The board have also agreed to upgrade the youth facilities, which will cost £1,100,000. As well as increasing funding for Junior Coaching and Youth Recruitment.

EDIT: The board just agreed to improve the training facilities, costing £2,800,000. Also, I'd recommend asking the board to relay the pitch.. It's currently synthetic so I'm hoping they will replace it with turf.​

Last edited:
do you think co-ownership a good idea i had offers for some of my players but i rejected them all.
finance im ok
new 12.000 seater stadium on the way
upgrading my training facilities
lots of good young coaches
europa cup football

Also, anybody who doesn't know how to find good regens.. This is how I do it.

1. Hire lots of scouts and listen to agents: I found my best player by looking at a play an agent offered me.. So check your mail often for messages from agents, they can be immensely helpful. Also, scouts will found you players, somebody above has posted how they do that, so do that! :)
2. Sort players by a certain attribute [i.e ST - finishing, LW/RW - crossing, CB - tackling] I know it sounds stupid but it does work! You will easily be able to see which players have the best attributes in what position. The screenshot below kind of proves how after 30 seconds of searching I've already found a few good youngsters. Always search in early July too, it's when a lot of contracts are running out. Also, if you are in Serie B you cannot sign non-EU players, dual-nationality players are fine so remember to tick the 'EU national box.

Also, anybody who doesn't know how to find good regens.. This is how I do it.

1. Hire lots of scouts and listen to agents: I found my best player by looking at a play an agent offered me.. So check your mail often for messages from agents, they can be immensely helpful. Also, scouts will found you players, somebody above has posted how they do that, so do that! :)
2. Sort players by a certain attribute [i.e ST - finishing, LW/RW - crossing, CB - tackling] I know it sounds stupid but it does work! You will easily be able to see which players have the best attributes in what position. The screenshot below kind of proves how after 30 seconds of searching I've already found a few good youngsters. Always search in early July too, it's when a lot of contracts are running out. Also, if you are in Serie B you cannot sign non-EU players, dual-nationality players are fine so remember to tick the 'EU national box.

I was wanting to make sure but does the scouts you have affect who comes up in the player search? That might be the main reason I can't find any decent players as I have neglected to get a new scout for my 2nd season.

I've persauded the board to expand the stadium, however I'd recommend anybody else who is considering asking the board to do the same should try to get them to build a new stadium, it's more expensive but I'm not sure what the expansion restrictions are on the current stadium you could end up investing millions in a stadium that's maximum capacity is like 10,000.

Per the editor, the maximum capacity is 30,000 seats.

I was wanting to make sure but does the scouts you have affect who comes up in the player search? That might be the main reason I can't find any decent players as I have neglected to get a new scout for my 2nd season.

I don't really know to be fair, I would imagine that it does have an impact on it though.

Per the editor, the maximum capacity is 30,000 seats.

Fairy 'nuff.

having scouts improves the knowledge that you(your club) has of players/players atributtes, which in turn shows you more of the database when you search.

try getting yourself a non-italian coach/scout. they'll give you knowlege about the players of there homeland/the area of there homeland.

recently signed myself a brazilian fitness coach. also (probly too late now) but when you start a game stick on that your second nationality is brazilian or argentinian or something not in the nation your going to manage. as that gives you extra 'knowlege' aswell

yes scouting knowledge of your club does affect player searching. You have to expand club's knowledge with foreign staff, feeder clubs or scouting specific areas otherwise you won't "see" players from countries you don't know.

our current scouting knowledge looks like this:

View attachment 206284

btw I'm getting destroyed by corner kicks atm both in Serie A and with the NT: I tend to concede one goal per game from corners with the club, while Spain just beat me 7-0 with 6 (SIX) goals coming from CK... FRUSTRATING

yes scouting knowledge of your club does affect player searching. You have to expand club's knowledge with foreign staff, feeder clubs or scouting specific areas otherwise you won't "see" players from countries you don't know.

our current scouting knowledge looks like this:

View attachment 206284

btw I'm getting destroyed by corner kicks atm both in Serie A and with the NT: I tend to concede one goal per game from corners with the club, while Spain just beat me 7-0 with 6 (SIX) goals coming from CK... FRUSTRATING

Does this not effect nationality of regens though?

Does this not effect nationality of regens though?

it does improve chances of producing the occasional foreign regen (possibly with dual nationality), so far only sammarinese or italians for me though. An extensive recruitment network is also required to produce foreign youngsters at your club.

heres the 3 best youths ive gotten through my acadamy so far. soon be getting my third seasons bunch coming through so fingers crossed for a central player who i can partner with the CB or CF in some way.

Both the winger and the CF are already star players on san marinos profile, however the DLRC hasnt been capped as hes not decided on italy or san marino yet. GRRRRR

View attachment 206318View attachment 206319View attachment 206320View attachment 206321