The Great San Marino Challenge

• Thread starter Thread starter kandersson
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 2K
  • Views Views 471K
i cant wait for regen day, dying for a decent forward. I'm only two games into season 5 and my boys have taken to the new formations beating Parma 7*1 in the Super Cup and Balckburn in the 4th rnd Euro playoff 6-1 creating 8 CCC's in both games. loving it. now to get some SM players.

i cant wait for regen day, dying for a decent forward. I'm only two games into season 5 and my boys have taken to the new formations beating Parma 7*1 in the Super Cup and Balckburn in the 4th rnd Euro playoff 6-1 creating 8 CCC's in both games. loving it. now to get some SM players.
Is this your own tactic this time mate? If not which are you using?

Yeah, its my own, i tried it with another team to see how effective it was but does seem to transfer as well, just yet, still unbeaten with ym city team with it but not as many CCC's or possesion, its pretty much taylored to the SM team i have at the min, i'll fully test it with another few teams at the end of the season. Its early days yet but these are the opening fixtures of the season.

View attachment 206459View attachment 206460

If its playing as well in a few months i'll put it up.

3 minutes in, Ireland 0 - 1 San Marino I went crazy. 30 mins still same score. then 1-1 i was ok with a draw. Final score. Ireland 12 - 1 San Marino. Bumsies.

Taking the National job depresses you!

**** right so far my best results have been a 3-1 win over Malta, a draw with iceland in the Euro quals and a 0-0 draw with Luxemborg lol.

I got sacked as National Team despite a draw with Estonia for continually being smashed by much better teams 6-0 or 7-1

I got sacked as National Team despite a draw with Estonia for continually being smashed by much better teams 6-0 or 7-1

really??? which year, and what was your FIFA rankings/points? at the end of 2014 we're around 170th and probably will move up as we just beat a couple of higher ranked teams in friendlies (Kyrgzystan was around 90th!), but we still get destroyed in competitive matches... now I'm worried!

I was 201st in 2015. My first season managing them. Only had about 8 games. 1 draw and 7 heavy losses

quite unfair, in four years as NT manager I lost every competitive match but ONE (draw against Moldova), though I've won some friendlies recently. Job security would sometimes (not often) decrease to insecure, but always go back to stable soon afterwards without even playing other matches. Couldn't accept to lose the NT job!

I'm in 2012 in Serie C1 with San Marino ;D Eliminated Parma in the Cup , quite good, first season I dominated the league and won the C division cup^^

Going to start over again after getting promoted to Serie B. The financial state leaves me literally no options for getting players in, all my best players from the first 2 seasons have moved on and all I have left are youths who can no longer play in U20 and loans.

Definitely got a plan for starting a fresh game with a few players and tactics in mind.

Do people mutually terminate the contracts with their initial staff to bring in better ones that would work for the first two seasons?

Last edited:
First Season in Serie A:

My Transfers for the Season were:
sJJzR.png

The key transfers for the season were Djokic, Bauer and Friday as they are excellent prospects for the future. There is a few other great prospects in there but those 3 are the best. (They didn't have great seasons).
6sOOu.png
1z1TF.png
lCHVH.png

League:
7KrUT.png

I achieved what my goal at the start of the season was and avoided relegation. It was a tough season with my team not scoring alot of goals.

Cup:
EO5cp.png

Was a failure as I lost to Serie C1/A side Hellas Verona.

Best Player:
c2oQV.png

He couldnt get into the team last year but he stepped up in Brady:wub:s absence and was my top scorer (yes) and assister.

Youth Prospect:
2szYx.png

Wooo a great prospect for the international team if they ever let me manage again.

Finances:
KtMwY.png

I got saved by the 2.94m prize money at the end. Lack of TV money makes it hard throughout the season.
Your facilities being downgraded due to technological advancements 7 months after upgrading them doesnt help either.

Just for you, kandersson
View attachment 206568

Also, completed Beat the King during the match.
View attachment 206567

take that myanmar! excellent result and Campobasso looks great, beat the king at just 19 well done. CB Juri Biordi has 5 goals for me as of 2014 and is my best goal scorer, hope to get some new SM strikers this year and I'm really curious to see our first Serie A intake.

competitive matches are still quite tragic, but a decent form in friendlies took us to 161th in FIFA rankings:

View attachment 206645

better than Far Oer and Malta, now we are a force to be reckoned with in Europe :P

Think i got to 145-150ish after my malta win and iceland draw but i'm down at 160 ish again now.

Back