The Great San Marino Challenge

btw San Marino bug with TV money is almost gamebreaking as IRL that's probably the biggest source of profit for Serie A clubs.

very very disappointing

btw San Marino bug with TV money is almost gamebreaking as IRL that's probably the biggest source of profit for Serie A clubs.

very very disappointing

Agree, it's very hard to make money. I'm only staying afloat because of co-ownerships and now, in my 3rd season, I have just qualified for the Euro Cup so am hoping to get some money there. Apart from that there's not much money around for the clubs...

San Marino 2011/12

Only Signing Scorza free Transfer 2k per week
20 goals in 11 games!
GoalsGalore 2012 Beta 2 Tactic

Enough said!!! =)

San Marino 2011/12

Only Signing Scorza free Transfer 2k per week
20 goals in 11 games!
GoalsGalore 2012 Beta 2 Tactic

Enough said!!! =)

yep he's a legend check my story update mate, Enzo Scorza tribute! http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/football-manager-2012-stories/87029-not-another-san-marino-story-3.html#post1373649

a
s for TV money bug, it is confirmed by SI. Basically some italian clubs who start with -1 sponsor/TV reputation in the editor will never get TV contracts money even if they reach Serie B or Serie A. Which is a shame as that's supposed to be a major source of profit for Serie A clubs. This was working fine in FM11 btw, so it's particularly disappointing

Last edited:
I am sure, because they are easy XD

Oh and I am sure some people might have been experiencing this, money making has been HARD! Altough I keep the wages quite steady, like 30 or 40 k behind the limit, I seem to have some losses each month!

first two seasons are my favorite part of the challenge ;)

Last edited:
yeah i have your story on my feed! scorza

regarding the tv money bug, i want it to be hard as possible to get to the top both the ranking and amounts of money
i want a real challenge! something i will be like i will never be satisfield with.

get san marino in to the europa league and you will see that change red into green baby

wait what? TV money bug? is that why im losing like 100k a month despite being well below the salary limit set by the board?

just assured myself promotion to Serie A. straight As please :D :D:D:D:D:D:D

View attachment 206712

also take a look at who might be getting relegated. lmao. bye bye! ill be having fun tying to sign ur captain xD

View attachment 206713

edit: btw i tried and failed again in the italian cup. no underdog award :mad: ( I cant remember what its called)

I am sure, because they are easy XD

Oh and I am sure some people might have been experiencing this, money making has been HARD! Altough I keep the wages quite steady, like 30 or 40 k behind the limit, I seem to have some losses each month!

hahahaha not really, well maybe they are easier but what I like is the chance of completely reshaping the whole club, searching for new players, coaches, scouts etc. When you reach Serie A it becomes an "average" game, luckily I have the NT :)

you're going to lose money anyway, so never mind and hope the board will inject some cash now and then (which they'll do). In Serie A I'm losing about 1M euros every month, thank god there are co-ownerships...

is there a set amount each club gets from TV per match televised as we could use fmrte (If its out) to give us the TV money each season or something. I don't know, just an idea as its annoying.

could someone please explain to me fully the TV rights bug? do you get no money WHATSOEVER from tv rights, whatever league your in?

just thinking about my serie A transfer policy thats all. probly just going to be buying youths and selling after 2-3 seasons.

... that or absolutly raping the co-ownership system.

cheers.

You get TV money in every other competition I think except Serie A.

could someone please explain to me fully the TV rights bug? do you get no money WHATSOEVER from tv rights, whatever league your in?

just thinking about my serie A transfer policy thats all. probly just going to be buying youths and selling after 2-3 seasons.

... that or absolutly raping the co-ownership system.

cheers.

from what I've read (and SI confirmed this) it is a bug affecting some Italian clubs that have a -1 value of "TV contracts" in the editor, which means these clubs will NEVER get any money from TV contracts. San Marino happens to be one of these clubs. Which is quite unfortunate, as that's where Serie A clubs get most of their money. In FM11 our TV contracts were 20M per year just after a couple of Serie A seasons...

@Brian: I know nothing about editing so I can't help with that. Never used FMRTE mostly because I'm afraid it could increase chances of game crashing...

Last edited:
cheers kandersson

that explains why when i sold one player for 750k pure profit after 6 months i was basically just balancing the books. :(

guess ive just got to get my 'super finance' on and sort it all out.

from what I've read (and SI confirmed this) it is a bug affecting some Italian clubs that have a -1 value of "TV contracts" in the editor, which means these clubs will NEVER get any money from TV contracts. San Marino happens to be one of these clubs. Which is quite unfortunate, as that's where Serie A clubs get most of their money. In FM11 our TV contracts were 20M per year just after a couple of Serie A seasons...

@Brian: I know nothing about editing so I can't help with that. Never used FMRTE mostly because I'm afraid it could increase chances of game crashing...

Im just wondering if giving ourselves TV money per season is frowned upon by you or not. I don't mind but it would be handy. I will research the TV money for Serie A sides if you want

Another thing about TV rights, altough slightly off topic, since we're talking about it no use to make another thread.
I have a save with Bilbao and I get like 110 million euros per year. I know real and barcelona do get around 150, but do the other clubs have a somewhat similar value? I have huge profits each month with bilbao, I'm rich, and not so many player to spend it on due to the basque rule!

Im just wondering if giving ourselves TV money per season is frowned upon by you or not. I don't mind but it would be handy. I will research the TV money for Serie A sides if you want

TV money in Italy is partly fixed, partly depending on final table and partly depending on number of fans of a club (very stupid thing). Not sure how they implement this even without the bug, seemed to work fine in FM11 though. If there's a way to eliminate the bug (which is SI's fault) using a real time editor then people should do that, though I'd probably keep playing like this as I'm too lazy to learn about FMRTE etc ;)

@slbenficacoach: not sure how things work in spain, if they have collective or individual deals. If you're short on Basque players you can always buy the best spanish U17!

So the only way to get money is co-ownership, selling players and gate receipts?