The Great San Marino Challenge

2022-2024 Season (8th and 9th year in Serie A)

Going to post two years worth cause well these seasons were very similar.

View attachment 239156View attachment 239161View attachment 239171

First year as you can see we still won the title in Serie A. It wasn't that close as it seemed as the last four games I let some of my youngsters and even some youth players get some playing time. My young striker, Luis Agra, who was runner up for Player of the year last year didn't have a successful campaign this year since he was out for 3/4 of the year. Still our other striker picked up from where he left off. Also look at the transfer budget and payroll I got. Wonder if I should actually hit that mark since my team is around 700K a year as it is now.

We are finally the richest club in the world. Barcelona wouldn't be too sad for losing out the top spot as they would beat me in the finals of the Champs League (again had to play Real Madrid, and Athletico Madrid as well) in a shootout. We also were tied for Barcelona to win it this year as well.

For the national team nothing too crazy has happened. Still winning most of my friendlies, however I did allow my assistant coach to do friendlies, and he likes to pick top 15 teams and then teams around 150 or less. Let you decided on which teams I am winning against. Also we haven't done much in the standings for quite awhile since we are staying mostly around 78th in the world. Italy still wants me as coach, and I might take it if I get fired from San Marino, which I keep getting messages about improving. Still I got that message before a game on the road. I don't know, but I was very impressed by that statement. Then I get the best recruit for my team by the longshot ever, and best one of the crop and he isn't even eligible from my team. Very depressing recruiting class.

This season was a little more difficult. It actually went down to the final three games, and we managed to pull it out. Again Agra got injured a lot and couldn't get things going. Diaz would win Player of the year this year for the first time a player from our team won it. He was the sole reason why we won the league since he did have a bunch of injuries and he stayed healthy about 95 percent of the season. Champs league was basically like last year. Played all three teams, but this time it was Athletico Madrid, Real Madrid, and then Barcelona in the finals again. However, unlike last year we won it this year.

Still the richest club, but we are now at 1 billion now which is quite the impressive feat. Next goal. To have a billion in my balance which I am about 300 million away from.

Yes I know we didn't qualified, but it was still pretty impressive to what i was doing before (around 2-2-8 record or so). Things are looking up, just waiting to get some good players. Finally caved in started to tutor some players (since I have the money I went out and got some other players just for that). Things are looking up, just need to get some strikers since it seems I mostly get defensive midfielders and centerbacks.

Yeah still going to play with the NT team then. I will say can we just take your strikers squirrels, the midfield from Kanderrson, and my defensive players (my best players are mostly defensively which is why my games are so low scoring). Cause I think we would be able to do well with the national team.

I'd just like to use these two attackers...

View attachment 239222View attachment 239223

both playing for Italy U21 despite being born in Serravalle. I'm absolutely sure Paolone could score 30+ goals per season as a starter...

@Leeds: Vaduz/Liechtenstein in Swiss league; Toronto or Vancouver/Canada in USA; Wellington/New Zealand in Australia; Welsh teams in English leagues.

My own defectors!

Just though I'd post screenshots of the 5 dual nationality players I have got who would all immediately improve the San Marino side massively if they were to accept the call up. The left back in particular has already proved that he can be more than capable in Serie A, picking up ratings of 7+ in the few games he's played at the age of 16. Obviously, I do have more players who would get in my side if they accepted the call up but these 5 are the best of the lot.

View attachment 239300View attachment 239301View attachment 239302View attachment 239303View attachment 239304

However, from my last youth intake I did receive a great young striker/winger who is not dual nationality but my real problems lie in defence as I only have 2 decent defenders to call upon and 1 decent center midfielder so we often concede lots of goals which costs us most games.

View attachment 239309

@Squirrels: Tre Penne did great reaching CL group stage, though I have to say their first team is completetly non-sammarinese and their improvements have all to do with signings from abroad.

Yeah, but it's still really interesting to think that they could improve their facilities/reputation with consistent appearences and start producing half-decent players. They don't even have to be starters either. Just the potential of having more NT options and more depth is really cool to think about.

I really wish I could just load the Sammarinese league into my save. I would LOVE to loan some players to SM teams and see what they could accomplish and see them grow as clubs... ugh it depresses me to know that I can't do it :(

Yeah, but it's still really interesting to think that they could improve their facilities/reputation with consistent appearences and start producing half-decent players. They don't even have to be starters either. Just the potential of having more NT options and more depth is really cool to think about.

I really wish I could just load the Sammarinese league into my save. I would LOVE to loan some players to SM teams and see what they could accomplish and see them grow as clubs... ugh it depresses me to know that I can't do it :(

I don't really think you're missing out on much by not being able to as I have Cosmos as one of my feeder clubs in my game and the only players who are actually willing to agree on going on loan to them so far have been the people who come out of our youth intake with 1/2 to 1 star potential so they don't actually improve the sides very much. However, hopefully as the league reputation increases I will be able to send a better standard of player there but I can't see it happening to be honest.

2023-2024 Season (10th in Serie A)

Easiest win, by points standards, ever for the Serie A. Again made the finals for the champs league final for the fourth straight year and won (second straight year and three out of the four years). Still winning most titles so nothing really too much to talk about for the club. Side note is that two of the teams, A.C. Milan and Florentina, and trying to make a push as they are spending tons of money. Around 40 million each last year and 80 for Milan this year who I had to play in the finals of the Champs league this year and another 50 for Florentina.
View attachment 239442Only good news is again of Diaz who seems to be the only striker who doesn't miss around 3/4 of the year. Again Agra was hurt and it looks as if this might be his last year to be on our team since he is heading into the final year of his contract. View attachment 239441
We are winning some NT games which has given us our highest ranking yet. Still can't get some of those guys (dual status), but depending on how the next year goes we might be finally making some NT noise. Also now just need a top GK to come through our ranks (wishing the cream of the crop will be one), but right now we are training our guys like they should, and if they continue I might post our top guys next year. One guy is starting to look like a superstar for our club, but that is cause I decided to fast track his training progess. Lets just hope he doesn't get hurt...​

Last edited:
2024-2025 Season (11th in Serie A)

LEAGUE: We won the League once again (shocking I know for the 6th straight year) and this time we ran away with it. Also won three other cups including Champs league, although there was some scary moments there especially being down 2-0 to Barcelona on the road before coming home and winning on PK kicks in the semi's after a 2-0 win. Again Diaz won player of the year and dominating the league as he just scores goals.

NT: Nothing to note this year. Won the games I was suppose to win, lost games at least by three to the teams I was suppose to lose. Games I was suppose to tie were a tie or I lost 0-1. Stayed the same in the rankings from last year. Only good thing is that everyone who had dual status is now accepting invites to San Marino. Ruh roh, can this mean we can actually qualify for something now with the national team?

BIG NEWS WOULD START AFTER THE SEASON WAS OVER

View attachment 239826

CLUB: So much for the new stadium that was in the works when the tycoon took over. It was suppose to be build by the end of this year so I went and asked for one and finally got it. Should take a year so that is exciting.

So to offset that 203 million lost from the stadium we went and sold three players with one being the highest fee we ever received. Surprise, surprise it would go to Florentina (who would spend 96M and would buy another player from our team as well). Also if that wasn't enough we cracked the 100 million mark for tv rights for the first time ever.

Apparently forgot to post last year when we moved from #3 in the world to #2. So you can guess what that picture is of this year. We knock off La Liga, so no more feeling like we play in the La Liga, since most of the other teams are spending top dollar for youngsters and having world class players littered throughout the league. Wonder why my game decided to have the league tougher than most people who play as San Marino.

great season Choices, you're ALMOST at my level of domintation now ;)

so dual nationality players are accepting SM in 2025? At what age? I'm in 2021 and still no luck with any of them. My theory is former youth internationals for Italy will reject SM until 24-25, while the other ones should make themeselves available at 22. Is that correct???

great season Choices, you're ALMOST at my level of domintation now ;)

so dual nationality players are accepting SM in 2025? At what age? I'm in 2021 and still no luck with any of them. My theory is former youth internationals for Italy will reject SM until 24-25, while the other ones should make themeselves available at 22. Is that correct???

Yeah that is about right. Only one guy I can't get. He is currently playing for Italy under 19 (he is 18 or 19). I forgot to add him to the national pool so he kind of went unnoticed. Everyone else is around 23-25. The youngest one was 23 and he was dropped for Italy for two years but would always try to get him he would still decline.

It is funny the best player on my team is a guy who I wasn't even suppose to sign to a youth contract. That was four years ago and is turned into a nice little stud (currently worth 7.5 million!). Got my first true amazing striker (at least someone over 12 for finishing and has decent stats as well) in the new group.

I might be closer to staying up in Serie A with just Sammarines players since I currently have like 8 maybe on the first team now.

Wow choices you go through seasons like crazy! How do you do it so fast??

Depends on certain factors. Usually takes around 4-7 days to finish a season. Then it depends on when I post the update. Usually when I post the update in my game I am currently at least a half season to a full season and a half ahead (actually have another year I can post, but was willing to relax until someone else post one so it's just not me)

Some factors that sometimes speed up the season.

1. Incoming players that I buy for free in Jan so I try to finish up the year
2. Building a new stadium, or getting some upgrade that I really want so I speed up as well (which is why i am a year ahead)
3. Tired of work and need to take a break so I will try to play a month or two at a time instead of just one or two games.

If it makes you feel any better I haven't played in like 3 days. Roommate felt I should go out with her so we went to a theme park today, the day before some girls asked me to be their eye candy out at a club, and then the day before I was doing stuff that kept me out of the house. Which is some reasons why I slow down sometimes. But since I am not tired I am probably going to try to finish up a couple of months. If I am still not tired maybe for the year as well.

you can't play SM challenge AND have a social life at the same time. Just doesn't work.

Finally the original dual nationality defector Giuseppe Vitiello turned 24 (in 2021) and on that very same day accepted SM call-up, which basically confirms my theories. Still 2 years away from the day the two best SM attackers turn 24, if I can make it until then (and Italy doesn't select them) the NT will finally look somewhat competitive, and I could also implement a strict cantera policy at the club.

This is my only defector, but he is QUALITY

View attachment 240601

Has 5 star potential according to my staff. Still a long way until he accepts the call up based on your experience kandersson.

Also, I just got thrashed 5-0 by Inter, who I'd been beating by that scoreline before! Went down to 9 men due to red cards, one in the 8th minute... -_-
The players got a talking to after the match, let me tell you.

Next match - Milan. They are top, 4 points above me, so this is a must win if I'm going to get the title.
I suppose this dream had to come to the end some time.

2025-2027 Season (12th and 13th season in Serie A)

LEAGUE: As you can see another two straight years of winning the league. The 2025-26 season was a little a too close. We did have a bunch of injuries earlier in the year which gave us a lot of those ties. Just couldn't find a way to win. Last year it wasn't close at all. We won the league with like 10 games in the season and actually only had youth players play for the rest of the year. KANDERSSON does that mean I get the achievement for saying up by using all San Marino players even if it was for a 1/3 of the season? I think I won the triple first year and then four trophies last year. Diaz got injured for the first time last year and would be injured for 3 months. That would open the door as it would be the first time for a player to win Best Player in Europe. Just wished it was a San Marino guy and not some guy I spend 25 million on a couple years ago.

NATIONAL TEAM: Nothing really of note here other than we achieved our highest ranking yet. Plus with some other national team records falling. Other than that still haven't qualified for anything yet, but we keep knocking on the door.

INTERESTING NOTES

In the final year of 2026-2027 some things happened that was mostly the first time ever happening to me in the game. Normally when I sell guys its always at the end of the year (after last game) or right before the season starts. Rarely do I sell people in the January window. This year that would change. My team is godly, and the goal was to speed up to get to one billion for balance (which I only done last year with my Stjarnan team from Iceland). Was at 860 at the beginning of the year. Would sell four starters in the January window (7 players total on the year), which would help me break the one billion for balance.

1. [*=left]Abma who was a reserve player who came in for injuries was the first to go.
    [*=left]Nouri was a guy I bought a year and a half ago and was gone to let a youth San Marino spot
    [*=left]Jordi was signed as a free from Barcelona and 6 months later went back to La Liga to Real Madrid
    [*=left]Guilherme was sold just for money to help some youth SM players try to get better
    [*=left]Stoica again was to free up some SM players and was getting up in age (29)
    [*=left]Pascual was sold to let are up-and-comer get experience
    [*=left]Nunez was sold to now let all our attacking midfielders be played by SM players only

From all those sells we got $247 million. Problem is that there basically goes all our scoring up top and should we really just leave it to Diaz and Mazzola (our stud San Marino) to do all the scoring with just under 19 squad players? Well next season will tell...

Also of note which I have never gotten this in any of my saves before so I think this is interesting and wonder really what it will do for us, if anything, and does my team really need any more money to buy players? Although the only bad problem with selling those players is that now we don't have hardly anyone on our team that can tutor players. Might have to buy some free's for cheap and let them work with the youngsters.

2018-2019 Season
Serie A (1st Place)
View attachment 240690

U20 Group 1 (1st Place)
View attachment 240691

Italian Cup (Winners)
View attachment 240692

EURO Super Cup (Winners)
View attachment 240693

Champions League (1st Knockout Round Exit)
Our first season in the Champions League. A respectable knockout to Real Madrid.
View attachment 240694View attachment 240695

Key Players
View attachment 240696View attachment 240697View attachment 240698View attachment 240699View attachment 240700View attachment 240701

Facilities, Finances, Reputation and Manager Of The Year Award
View attachment 240702View attachment 240703View attachment 240704View attachment 240705View attachment 240706

National Team
My First Point as a National Team Manager
View attachment 240707

On a side note. I lost 2 games this season 1-0 (both being own goals conceeded). So frustrating!!

Youth Prospects

These guys are all SM Nationality ONLY. Which is awesome. Desperately needed. I have heaps of dual nationality youth who refuse to play for the NT and as evident by them destroying the U20 League, it is clear to see that it would be great to have them in the squad. Ah well.
View attachment 240708View attachment 240709View attachment 240710View attachment 240711

Antonio please tell me those youth prospects you have are from like the last 2-3 years and not just one year. If it is just one year I am jealous.

On a side note taxes in these games sucks. Tired that I am paying like 13 million in taxes a month.

Antonio please tell me those youth prospects you have are from like the last 2-3 years and not just one year. If it is just one year I am jealous.

Yeah, they were all in one year. I was seriously lucky. But considering how all my previous youths don't want to play for SM and are capped for U21 Italy, I guess it evens out.

I'm half way through my next season at the moment. And they are progressing rather nicely.
Here they are after half a season:
View attachment 240721View attachment 240722View attachment 240723View attachment 240724

Here are some other youth who refuse to play for SM. 2 are capped for Italy. 2 aren't capped yet.
View attachment 240725View attachment 240726View attachment 240727View attachment 240728

Also, my NT defence is really really horrible. I get 0 defender regens. Well, atelast not any notable ones. Hopefully this season that will change.

But I saved my best for last. This is my best ever regen. Absolute superstar.
View attachment 240730View attachment 240731

Last edited:
great to see people going far in the challenge :)

@commando: looks like a great prospect, unfortunately he's already capped for Italy U21 which means he will reject SM until he turns 24 (I'm 99,99% sure of this)... if Italy don't get him first ;)

@choices: those "cantera policy" achievements are only for a 100% Sammarinese squad, which is my ultimate goal in this challenge! You're getting closer to that though, well done. And congratulations for all those great seasons.

@Antonio: fantastic season mate, you're making your way to the SM elite ;)

as for myself, after 5 consecutive Serie A and CL titles we have started 2021/22 season in a slightly disappointing fashion (2nd after 10 games or so!) BUT the national team has been excellent lately. Just qualified for World Cup 2022!

View attachment 240732

Current best player:

View attachment 240733

The original defector who finally committed to SM:

View attachment 240734

Still waiting for these two guys to turn 24:

View attachment 240735View attachment 240736

Both playing well and progressing while on loan, look at those injuries though... karma is a *****!​

Last edited:

@choices: those "cantera policy" achievements are only for a 100% Sammarinese squad, which is my ultimate goal in this challenge! You're getting closer to that though, well done. And congratulations for all those great seasons.

I know it was just wishful hoping. I hope to have all Sammarines players by the start of either 2030 season or 2031. Once all my players get to their final year I will sell them off.

Also its funny that with a 65,000 seat stadium now that I am still losing money a month due to the high taxes.