The Great San Marino Challenge

• Thread starter Thread starter kandersson
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 2K
  • Views Views 471K
Local hero and local superhero!

View attachment 245937View attachment 245938

The great Alessandro Paolone won European Golden Boot after an epic second half of the season, while fellow SM international Fabio Scarano was surprisingly chosen as Fans Player of the Year (he did well, nothing really extraordinary though). Always good to see our local lads doing well with the club.

@Ashley: they reject call ups because they have dual italian nationality and want to wait for their chance with italy. You'll just have to be very patient as in some cases (when they get to play for Italy U19/U21) you'll have to wait until they turn 24... Also, it is not possible for foreigners to gain SM nationality so don't count on that to improve the NT.. welcome to San Marino mate ;)

@Ashley: they reject call ups because they have dual italian nationality and want to wait for their chance with italy. You'll just have to be very patient as in some cases (when they get to play for Italy U19/U21) you'll have to wait until they turn 24... Also, it is not possible for foreigners to gain SM nationality so don't count on that to improve the NT.. welcome to San Marino mate ;)

ha Looks like I might never get to call up Giliberti then, hopefully will. Just need some single nationality players then ......

Is it hard to become manager of San Marino if your nationality is English, not Sanmarinesse?

Just wondering before starting this challenge for a second time whether they have fixed the TV licence money upon reaching serie A?

Just wondering before starting this challenge for a second time whether they have fixed the TV licence money upon reaching serie A?

yeah that was part of the 12.2 update, as far as i remember you actually get some tv money in serie b aswell.

yay! and two more things .... where can i get the san marino club logo from ? and whats happened to scorza? seems to have dissapearded :( much love x

Season Seven - Not bad at all

My first season in Serie B and it started rough. Didnt have a big squad and got hit my injuries and suspensions but i pulled it together and finished mid table. The original chairman finally had enough so i got taken over my another board member (he pumped zero money into the club mind) and took out a 1.3mil loan!!! Just started my second season in S/B so fingers crossed,added three new players so relegation shouldnt be an issue this year. Building bricks for a promotion push in the next 2/3 seasons i think. Screenies below

D16C65538B43294FBC4767604D32F80B26F157E5

57CEA7AFF731DAEC66515F25AA49C5AEC0750B2D

Im in the year 2018 now and the job hasn't been vacant yet!!!

Maybe the coach has been winning games, but that is kind of crazy. Usually most coaches are gone after the world cup unless they win it. Are you sure they never fired or the coach quit before?

a tip to anyone starting the challenge start with a large database, and sign fabrice jau as a centre mid. pivotal in back to back promotions for my san marino team and is first choice centre mid in serie b for me where i have picked up 7/9 points

Started the challenge last week, flying through it already 11 games in in the S/C1, sitting in 3rd. For the clubs side of things everything is going fine, great tactic, players the lot. Got Bahokén form Nice for free, scored 13 in 10 for me. Only thing is the NT. Played a couple of friendlies, and even won one, against Zanzibar :D, but in the WC/Q I've lost 1-10 to the Ukraine, 10-0 to England, and 3-2 to Moldova - so close to a point! - and I'm down to 208th in the world, down from 198th after my friendlies. The main point in this is when will the NT start to win and improve? I'm guessing when my regens come through but I've never done this challenge and would like to know from the seasoned pros.

Cheers

Started the challenge last week, flying through it already 11 games in in the S/C1, sitting in 3rd. For the clubs side of things everything is going fine, great tactic, players the lot. Got Bahokén form Nice for free, scored 13 in 10 for me. Only thing is the NT. Played a couple of friendlies, and even won one, against Zanzibar :D, but in the WC/Q I've lost 1-10 to the Ukraine, 10-0 to England, and 3-2 to Moldova - so close to a point! - and I'm down to 208th in the world, down from 198th after my friendlies. The main point in this is when will the NT start to win and improve? I'm guessing when my regens come through but I've never done this challenge and would like to know from the seasoned pros.

Cheers

Since you started with the NT it will take you anywhere from 8-12 years to actually start making the Euro's or World Cup. I however didn't and was just at the club. So I didn't take them over until 2018 and didn't become revelent until 2028. Although in 2034 I won the World Cup.

Since you started with the NT it will take you anywhere from 8-12 years to actually start making the Euro's or World Cup. I however didn't and was just at the club. So I didn't take them over until 2018 and didn't become revelent until 2028. Although in 2034 I won the World Cup.

Wow. Ok thanks anyway, at least my expectations for the next 5/6 seasons won't be high so I won't get disappointed. Is there any chance I could get sacked, if I keep getting hammered? And grats on the world cup, not bad.

Wow. Ok thanks anyway, at least my expectations for the next 5/6 seasons won't be high so I won't get disappointed. Is there any chance I could get sacked, if I keep getting hammered? And grats on the world cup, not bad.
Umm...I got warnings of being sacked (this was when I was winning against teams I should of won and getting losses against the big boys) but never got sacked. I think only one person actually has been sacked by the manager. If you do you just have to wait until they fire the coach and then apply again.
EDIT: I also spend all my money on the facilities as much as I could. Plus by the 2022 season I started to let the best youth player that year to move to senior squad and start him. By like 2025 or so my whole team was San Marineses players or dual citizenship. Basically the first team with my coaches made them jump up in stats (just tutoring) to get them to better faster.​

Last edited:
Season Eight -Second season in Serie B.

Not a great start,suffered a poor run of defeats at the beginning and it took some different tactics to get my team up and running again. Finished lower than last season but on more points so a small bit of progression. Signed some nice players on the free market, grasshoppers decided my left back that only played 12 games for me was worth 1.2million so the board excepted this and he left in the January window. Freed up some wages though and has seen me finish the season in the black for the first time. Major squad building needed but really struggling to find players even with four scouts around Europe. An update on the NT there manager has changed hands twice since i started but i must of missed this. New season beginning now. Fingers crossed. Year 2 of 3 in my promotion push here i come..................

1A1371E5B153357E411DECC7B04BFA061AB645D6

Last edited:
Season Nine - Third in Serie B.....PROMOTION!!!!

After a fantastic start of 11 games unbeaten I managed to keep myself up the top end of the table and finish off what I started in the play-offs. Not a great squad but a good 12 players that got me through. A nice wage budget of 63k p/w got me some exciting players. My season objective was to consolidate my position in the league! Lost the least amount of games in the league but drew far to many (could have been a smoother ride)
Major overhaul needed to even think about staying in the Serie A as i have 1 maybe 2 players even close to top level skill. Fingers crossed. Screenies below.

9A48A2EF68DA1D080A96BE2B3E9C101E95EB0AD3

95790B269E5A87A74E57B9D1CEF7D2DB3CF3A7CA

Back