The Great San Marino Challenge

• Thread starter Thread starter kandersson
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 2K
  • Views Views 471K
chronic, some great results there for the national team. just a recommendation from experience i managed to make a fortune on my rise through the divisions by selling promising players on co-ownership deals then bidding 1k when the time comes 70% of the time i won the bid the other 30% i made money to invest in youth development.

season 11

after gaining european football last season this year showed great promise yet presented the very real thought of underachievement. Only two players were brought in to improve the first team from last year with a real emphasis on the young squad coming of age. An early exit from the italian cup meant more focus on the league to guarantee a top 7 finish, whilst coping with the difficulties of an extensive fixture list.

A surprise top place finish in the euro cup group stages presented a tough draw against Besiktas, then Leverkusen, then Schalke then Feyenoourd. Leaving just a tricky tie against Valencia in the surprise final. Meanwhile league football went well with champions league football up for grabs on the final day. a 2-0 loss to Torino however left me expecting a 6th place finish, but with results going my way meant i still obtained 4th.

Euro cup Final

An early goal gave me the lead but a quickfire equaliser was not far away, and neither was a Valencia 2nd. 2-1 down at half time an inspiration team talk was clearly needed and a stirling second half display ensued pulling the game back to 2-2 before a dominant last 5 minutes where 3 1on1's were missed and a goal was dubiously disallowed for offside. With extra time needed to seperate the sides san marino rose to the occassion thumping home 2 more to complete a 4-2 victory
View attachment 250165

All in all a great season top 4 finish, a european trophy....albeit second rate competition. and the promise of a couple of talented sanmarinese regens
View attachment 250166View attachment 250167

Season Eleven - Second in Serie A - Not as i had hoped

Well after last years for i was hoping for similar but i couldnt of been more wrong. Had a poor pre-season so my super italian cup against league holders AC didnt hold me with hope. I managed to batter them in there own yard but it was a false hope. Struggled with defensive and attacking options in my team. hit my injuries and players not upto the standard. I got European football from last year but lost in the CL qualifiers and progressed to the quarters of the Euro Cup. Screenies below but not hoping for much again this year no decent regens or players avalible. Only positive thing is a new stadium. Enjoy

CD075EE6A5C1B402C00E7C9C25FF66D306C0302D

87794EF0692BCC87AD9779B5D6BE6C19B9E08412

B5FB3783812BEB322438629F5F1A291F5C8CBCE1

1A6A3500A732800C4EAEF5D0E885FBC8F82D0A4F

I've f**ked up my CS team.

Couldn't re-sign any of my players as my board decided to upgrade my training facilities for £1.1m, when I had £1.3 or so in the bank, so that combined with their higher demands means I have only held on to my top two strikers, my keeper and my CM who is my captain.

Lost the home leg of my CL qual 4-0, may just retire the manager and concentrate on SM and the NT.

I'll holiday the side for now then see.

I've f**ked up my CS team.

Couldn't re-sign any of my players as my board decided to upgrade my training facilities for £1.1m, when I had £1.3 or so in the bank, so that combined with their higher demands means I have only held on to my top two strikers, my keeper and my CM who is my captain.

Lost the home leg of my CL qual 4-0, may just retire the manager and concentrate on SM and the NT.

I'll holiday the side for now then see.

Oh no don't quit the CS league. Even with those four guys I bet you can still easily win it.

Time for me to give this a god cant wait going for 2025 with NT and SM will post when i play a season or 2 wish me luck

mcbainy, fabrice jau is a great signing on a free and stayed with me until i was promoted from serie b

and most importantly good luck

Oh no don't quit the CS league. Even with those four guys I bet you can still easily win it.

I can't even get a right back! Not one!
Really scraping the barrel!

EDIT: Got one.

@kanderrson, or anyone else, how do you get foreign feeder clubs? I particularly want Tre Fiori my CS side but any would do really! What option do you choose in the boardroom? Just "feeder club to send players on loan"?

Last edited:

@kanderrson, or anyone else, how do you get foreign feeder clubs? I particularly want Tre Fiori my CS side but any would do really! What option do you choose in the boardroom? Just "feeder club to send players on loan"?

Yeah, I asked for a feeder club to send players on loan and they came back with Cosmos from the CS, so I would say that was the best way to go :)

The barrel has been well and truly scraped, I have only 4 decent players! Picked up a fairly decent left winger and a couple of decent centrebacks.

I bought up the players from the NT who were without a club, so Aldo Junior has come back to his spiritual home and Vitaioli also re-signed for SM. At least they get decent training here, and they get a bit of reserve team action. I'd like to have them playing first team, but unfortunately I'm in 12th at the moment, so my team can't really carry anyone.

Still no traitors accepting my call-ups.

@scotty: thanks, did you pick them yourself or let the board pick for you? They never seem to come to an agreement when I do it!

I can't even get a parent club for my team in CS. My salaries are only 750K a year, and I still lose a bunch of money a month. Can't even afford to get a feeder club since there is really no option for me to send players, since the people I do have for money play, and would be a waste to just ship to another team. Hit professional and you should be fine, or just poach a defender from another CS team, sadly no one is semi in mine, but every team does have at least 3 really good players on there team (would be decent backup's for my squad as a professional).

I can't even get a parent club for my team in CS. My salaries are only 750K a year, and I still lose a bunch of money a month. Can't even afford to get a feeder club since there is really no option for me to send players, since the people I do have for money play, and would be a waste to just ship to another team. Hit professional and you should be fine, or just poach a defender from another CS team, sadly no one is semi in mine, but every team does have at least 3 really good players on there team (would be decent backup's for my squad as a professional).

Neither can I, my salaries are a lot less than that! The only money I get is at the start of the season when I get the obligatory CL qualifier money, other than that I get next to nothing.

And yeah, feeder clubs are useless to me and they'd be hard to find anyway, no other CS team is going to want to be one, and Italian teams would be useless as they'll not be playing in active leagues, I don't want a team from Serie H or whatever!

I'll have a look at the other CS sides for backups, they're all amateur so they'll be easy to sign.

Also I could use some of San Marino's £24 mil budget and buy one of Tre Fiori's players, a million is nothing and I'll just let his contract run down while he rots away in the reserves. In fact, there's someone I'm thinking of as he's a pain...
Though that does seem dishonest, if it was in the confines of a proper relationship I'd have no trouble sending players there and paying them an annual fee, but...

I wonder if sammyt can shed some light on it? Do the CS sides always refuse to become feeders for foreign clubs? Can you even specify that in the editor?

As promised before, here are my star players from last season:

Keeper, signed for £750k

View attachment 250409

Anchor man, £1.7m, now worth 3.6!

View attachment 250410

AML for £1.2m, value doubled as well

View attachment 250411

And finally my excellent striker, obviously getting no game time at Napoli with Cavani starting and rotting in the reserves, he decided to join me! I'd like him to be a bit quicker, but hey! No one's perfect!

View attachment 250412

League table:

View attachment 250413

I didn't change anything in the editor with regards to whether tehy would accept becoming foreign feeder clubs or not, and i'm not sure if there's even an option, so you should have the same chance of getting one with or without the league active.

Commando that striker looks amazing. Surprised he is only valued at 3.7M though.

PROBLEM: I have started a game and i have been searching for players such as enzo scorza and Alexis Abrahim however when i search them it comes up with nothing and when i go on to some teams all of the names r grayed and r fake. i have the database on large aswell any replies thanks in advance!

you need to have uruguay loaded for them if i remember correctly

First update from me is for the NT at the end of 2012.

So then, raped by the dutch 12-0, sweden stick 5 past me and then a credible 2-1 result in moldova to finish that group off, then the friendlies.

Picked off the Maldives (about 40 places above me) 3-1 then a 2-0 win in the Bahamas (50 ish places above me) both very credible results

Kept up my thing of picking up on sides who i thought were ranked higher than they should be. Curacao got a 0-0 draw before i lost 1-0 to Antigua and Barbuda. Then the WCQ group started, lost 5-1 in Montenegro (Andy Selva gave me the lead inside 4 mins, safe to say that didnt last long) and then poland whooped me 7-0, board seemed a little impatient and another credible 2-1 loss to moldova followed by a 8-0 humping by england (board satisfied by being humped) lol.

Then some more friendlies, firstly Malawi (ranked 73rd somehow) came to me and totally battered me, 5 clear cut chances and a disallowed goal that seemed legit, on a rare Marino attack a pen is won and SM complete the robbery! Next was a trip to Bangladesh, ranked about 100th go 1-0 down, make 4 subs at half time and win 3-1, Selva with 2 more taking himself up to 16, ill miss him when he retires July 2013

The only regen in my NT is Carollo, big bulky target man but not much pace to him, but not a bad find

PROBLEM: I have started a game and i have been searching for players such as enzo scorza and Alexis Abrahim however when i search them it comes up with nothing and when i go on to some teams all of the names r grayed and r fake. i have the database on large aswell any replies thanks in advance!

Scorza was free and available in italian leagues in first patch, now he's playing somewhere in Brazil so I guess he'll show up if you load brazilian leagues. Shouldn't be free anymore though.

Back