The Great San Marino Challenge

• Thread starter Thread starter kandersson
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 2K
  • Views Views 471K
Great challenge so far lads, in the Serie B sitting joint 2nd after 20 games, gunning for the three promotions in a row. Bahoken has scored 25 goals already for me - im in the 28th of December.

Last edited:
Also, just seen Mike from FMCV has started this, and have to say, it's better than the Pentagon Challenge!

completely stunned the Sanmarinese FA sacked me 3 games into the 2014 group stage! (oct 2012) no warnings that my jobs insecure or that they have a problem with me (why would there be a problem, i won two friendlies at the end of 2011 v higher ranked teams) im at the moldova game cause I played it and they randomly booted me after that game :@

Going to start this tonight, just a quick question: how do I manually load all of the Sammarinese players so I can manage the NT?

EDIT: Sorry, found it, didn't realise there was a custom database option

Last edited:
I did play into my save, Kanderrson it's just too addicting. Or maybe I am just so angry that my new team is terrible I just need to play with the unstoppable force which is San Marino. But here is some screenshots that I didn't get to post cause I had to wait until I hit it.

View attachment 248708View attachment 248709View attachment 248710

Funny thing about the whole Italy thing is that the coach is unknown. He is terrible and its his FIRST coaching job. Oh Italy how the mighty have fallen.

How do I add all Sammarinese and Italian players into my game? Sorry if this has been asked before.

Thanks in advance.

How do I add all Sammarinese and Italian players into my game? Sorry if this has been asked before.

Thanks in advance.

When you start a new game just go to custom game. Then add the league you want to play, and then for database size click custom and then add in all players from the nation San Marino and Italy to get the players.

Haven't played on this for a few weeks because of exams but I had my final one on Tuesday so I'm going to get back on it over the next few days, hopefully might even qualify for the 2026 World Cup :P

hey guys, i am in 2020 been in serie a for 3 seasons achieving mid table mediocrity, my problem is i only get one san marino regen half decent each year and they will likely only be able to play at serie b level. anyone got any tips for producing more regens of better quality. all facilities are at max along with youth recruitment and coaching. or is it just a case of waiting and persivearing?

Well done to all the new recruits, particularly alexhollandmufc, you really had to slog away at it!

Apologies for being away for ages, I got Diablo 3 which took up a fair bit of my life. Back on FM atm now, and it's going well! Doing respectably in CL and Serie A!

hey guys, i am in 2020 been in serie a for 3 seasons achieving mid table mediocrity, my problem is i only get one san marino regen half decent each year and they will likely only be able to play at serie b level. anyone got any tips for producing more regens of better quality. all facilities are at max along with youth recruitment and coaching. or is it just a case of waiting and persivearing?

Reputation also helps, so you need to win something or other to increase it, or get CL football. Although you seem to be a bit unlucky, as before I got CL I had several great players, although they were dual nationality.

Season Ten - My first in Serie A

What a season. Started with a 4-1 home win over Roma,included a cup run,undefeated streak and a very good defensive record.
Started by selling a star midfielder for 5mil so that aided my progression. Nice wage budget of 115k p/w and a transfer budget of 7mil. I still got free players though as i didn't need to spend big. Great cup run and a great first year. Had planned for a ten year progression period before even thinking about winning the league but who knows.Board have offered to improve my training and youth facilities plus a new stadium (26k seated) Screenies below.

4F5D7D4D08AF13E1328EB72F47FF08AE639285E3

5D52C827ACCCE2632A6D17415B787EE16A736D4F

6D758A1BDF3428FADFAA3F1279E219BBD4CCA21B

Seacow I think around 2021 was when I got my first great player. Or well he wasn't great but was decent and turned into one of my favorites of all time. Also I kind of cheated if you will to get my players good. If anyone was a 4 star or more by the scout they automatically moved up to the senior squad and the beginning of the next year was a starter for half the year. I also had very good coaches so it would shoot up and I would tutor them as much as I could with my best players. By like 2025 though I only had a squad of just SM players so I had a bumpy 2 years where I didn't win the league, but then I am now sitting with the best national team and club team full of SM players. Just usually was the top of class player would jump up.

cheers guys, i am just starting season 10 so will keep you up to date. with a bit of luck i will sneak into Europe through league placing this year so will soon find out if reputation has a large effect (my club has a relatively poor reputation considering we have been a mid-table serie a team for two seasons). i will start pushing my sanmarinese youngsters too, currently send them out for a serie c2 team for a year then look for serie c1.

Also dual nationaliy has not posed me a problem as the players are not of the quality to play for italy so are happy to accept the san marino call up.

p.s. if anyone can inform me how to upload screenies i will include a few

cheers guys, i am just starting season 10 so will keep you up to date. with a bit of luck i will sneak into Europe through league placing this year so will soon find out if reputation has a large effect (my club has a relatively poor reputation considering we have been a mid-table serie a team for two seasons). i will start pushing my sanmarinese youngsters too, currently send them out for a serie c2 team for a year then look for serie c1.

Also dual nationaliy has not posed me a problem as the players are not of the quality to play for italy so are happy to accept the san marino call up.

p.s. if anyone can inform me how to upload screenies i will include a few

Well first good luck on your year. I believe rep has a good deal. In my game we are the world's best club. Usually I get around 3-5 people who I could turn into studs on my senior squad by 20 every year. Problem is only can field 9 guys and usually like to keep only 17-21 guys on my senior squad.

Secondly the season why dual nationally doesn't work is cause they aren't good enough to make your squad. When they do they will mostly decline your call up and will wait for either a call up for Italy and if it doesn't come in a year then you can usually persade them to come on your team. If they do don't even attempt to call them up until they are 21.

Last to answer your question just hit ALT + F9 (this is the default keys to save pictures in the game). They will save them in a folder called screenshots under FM 12 (where your game saves, player faces if you have any, and the sort). Then when you are here click on "insert image". Then get your file. I tend to like the old way on here so I always click on "From Computer" and then in the bottom right click on "Basic Uploader". Find where the photo's are saved (under sceenshots in FM as before) and then pick the picture you want to upload. Then after it uploads it you will see it in the box. Rinse and repeat as many times as you want.

thanks choices,

here is my best regen yet View attachment 249727
disappointing is an understatement but should improve national team at least any rise through the ranks is a rise i suppose

does the national sides fifa ranking have an effect on the quality of regens for that nation or is it based around club facilities and reputation more?

also my success with san marino, does it go towards san marino's european coefficients for qualification spots or toward italy's as i am playing in their league system? would be nice to see tre fiori and co. gaining from my (hopeful)success

Season 10 results

achieved a very respectable 5th place finish against a targeted mid table, providing me with european football next year
View attachment 249886

i also reached the Italian cup final where i met udinese and sadly lost 2-0.

On the regen front finally produced a player capable of playing at a good level in serie a, although not a star.View attachment 249875
this season also saw san marino pick up their first win against better opposition beating estonia 1-0 and maintaining respectable scorelines against the 'big' nations.

season 11 holds plenty of promise with the new stadium due for completion in October raising capacity to 23,000, and european football helping to build the mighty titani reputation.

Well, a landmark year for San Marino, and what a success.

Champions' League, got to quarters, having battled my way through a tough group to lose to a very strong Real Madrid side, with all their current stars plus the likes of Hazard and Hamsik. Lost 4-2 on aggregate, which isn't bad considering!

Italian Cup we got to the final, and were unlucky to lose to Udinese, we had the better team on paper but things just didn't go our way and we went 2-0 down before pulling one back; I hoped we could get another to force extra time but unfortunately they held us out for the last 10.

Still, not too worried, as we won the league! After coming so close last season I'm really pleased to have made it, though it went to the last game and there were still 3 teams in it on the last day, both of whom had easier matches than me. Still, we won 2-0 and secured a CL group stage for next year, and undoubtedly an increase in reputation and sponsorship.

Which we'll need with our NEW STADIUM! No idea on the details yet and it's still probably two years away, but with our hefty bank balance of £12m, the board agreed to it! Along with that, we've got another youth facility upgrade on the way, and bizarrely they decided to expand Olimpico again! Still, it'll be done by the start of the season, so that can't be a bad thing!
Last bit of good news from the boardroom is our first proper feeder club in a playable league! Sambedettense are in C2/A (ahh, back in the days ey?) and got promoted last season, so have a very low rep which is why I could get them. Have had 5 players there already, though some are still refusing to go.

Transfer-wise, with CL came a squad overhaul. Lots of new players in, a few old ones out. In total, we had new faces at GK, AML, DM, MCR, MCL and my new favourite person ever is the striker I signed in Jan transfer window, he picked up a fair few while my 1st choice was injured, for a total of 4 months or so, and has attributes in all the right areas, so for £3m from Napoli's reserves he was a bargain!
Incoming next season I have a new DM, new AMR (naturally left-footed AMR! What a gem, and good stats too!), another young striker and a new DC. Another Barca product that they didn't sign up is an either footed AMR/L, which I hope will really help provide cover there, he can obviously play either side and will be great coming off the bench! We've got a really strong squad, and I reckon we'll be able to keep our hands on the Serie A next season. I just wish I had better cover at fullback.

Internationally, not much has happened as I still don't have the job. I'm getting a bit impatient of this manager losing terribly but not getting sacked, his best result was a 4-0 loss. Not worried though, it'll be another 4 years until my first dual nationality accepts SM.

My CS side has managed a perfect season so far, going unbeaten in the league. We lost the cup final which was frustrating, but they are through to the playoff finals, so hopefully more CL football for them!
I've taken no interest in the side though, so my Assistant is doing it all!

Apologies for wall of text, my screenshots aren't working, will get some players up when I can!

Right, first season summary.

Finished fourth in the league, with Matteo Vitaioli (Sammarinese Born) finishing our top scorer. Got promoted in the playoffs

Made several signings, the best were Patrick Vaz (French Winger), Aldo Junior Simoncini (the man, the legend, the NT Goalie) and the most promising talent in Sammarinese football, Mattia Stefanelli.

On the National Front I also achieved several good results. Primarily a 2-1 win against Moldova (away) in the Euro Qualifiers, and several wins/draws against poorly ranked teams, like American Samoa. My Youth Academy also produced a player who "Has the quality to far exceed Andy Selva's level of ability." View attachment 250155 One goal in one game for the NT is a promising start. Granted it was against American Samoa but it still counts.

As you can tell by his high flair, free kick taking ability and natural fitness, he is clearly our answer to CR7

Last edited:
Back