The Great San Marino Challenge

• Thread starter Thread starter kandersson
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 2K
  • Views Views 471K
first game as san marino NT was a tough 2-1 victory over east timor......it may be a while before i qualify for any tournements

Hey guys need a hand with this got about 5 seasons into the game now looking at getting promoted from Serie B as San Marino and thinking about taking over the National Team soon but realised I have no way for players to gain Sammarinese nationality, Is there anyway I can edit my save so players start gaining it as a nationality?

Can I do this through FMRTE? Someone reply ASAP please don't want to give them a euro for nothing haha

If they are not Sammarinese players you can't get them to be on your national team. Only players eligible are just San Marino people and Italy IF they have dual status. As for FMRTE I assume there is a way to get people to play for your team. I don't know how to do that since i never tried. Also you get more satisfaction when you build up your own San Marino team with your own players you have. You do know this is one of the toughest challenges out there, but in the end it all pays off. I will try to finish my season so you can see what I am talking about in a day or two.

Yeah I know its a tough challenge that why I took it up I just want to give the san marino National team a bit of a chance as I push into Serie A so I set it to 5 years to gain nationality so only players I bought in my first season will be anywhere near gaining nationality and I only have one of them still in my squad (I also mainly use him as a tutor) so he wont be unreal. I just want to beef up the squad a bit with 1 or 2 players but if it gets to the extent where there are 3 or 4 players in the NT first team who gained the nationality I will just change it

2024-2025 Season

Man I forgot how amazing this team was and how easy this save is since its been like a month or two to finish this one season. So here goes.

Club:

View attachment 252720

We scored 100 goals on the year. Which was a little scary since it took the last game and in the 89th minute for us to get it. We had 99 going into the game. We had some let down games where we should of won and just the whole team came out flat, forgot what that feeling was like.

So we won the league, Club Championship, Champs League, and was runner up in the Italian Cup (had to rest some people before the finals of the Champs league and we were still heavy favorites just we came out flat again and lost 2-3 scored both goals in the last ten minutes)

Matteo Casadei

View attachment 252721View attachment 252722View attachment 252723View attachment 252724

Man my favorite player who is now basically the best player in the world. Or at least by records wise and in the Italian League. He did win the World Player of the Year, and World Player of the Year for Champs league.

National Team: Nothing really to note here. We came in after winning the World Cup being the number 1 team in the world, and we would keep it all year. We did have some close games against some teams that shouldn't of been close like 3-2 to FYR Macedonia, and 1-0 to Serbia (seriously now?), but at least Italy has had a worst year by losing to teams like that (0-0 to Cyprus, 0-1 to Austria in their group).

View attachment 252725

Finally! Took 11 years, and of course it would come when I don't really have any interest in playing this save anymore since there isn't anything else to achieve. Sure I have had players like this before, although I don't think anyone as good as this in like every category, but it is the first time we got a pure striker first instead of being an attacking mid who can play striker. He will take over for Casadei when he retires for national play, which will be in a year or two since they want to extend their careers. He did get to play some for our senior squad this year as well.

Finances

View attachment 252726

Shocked that the owner didn't take out his normal 150-300 million since our team is doing so well. He usually does when we get pretty close to the 1.2B in balance. I guess there will be two drops next year, which happens when he doesn't take it out at the end of the year. Can I transfer these funds to my CS team?

World Cup 2026

Well, the time for our first international tournament was upon us. We organised a few pre-tournament friendlies against Tunisia, USA and Somalia. We started with a 2-0 victory over Tunisia before succumbing to a 6-5 defeat against the USA where the pace of their attack tore us to shreads at the back. The Somalia game was a complete walk over as we hammered them 9-0, meaing we set off for Mexico in high spirits.

View attachment 252758View attachment 252757View attachment 252756

We were drew in Group C as the top seeds against South Africa, Canada and Bosnia. Obviously the group was nowhere near as tough as what it could have been but I knew we would still have to be on the top of our game to qualify, especially with the lack of depth in quality of our squad. First up was South Africa and a goal from former Italy Under 21 star Antonio Costanzo gave us a tight 1-0 victory. We followed this up with a comfortable 3-0 victory over Canada with goals form Gasperoni, Amabile and Costanzo which allowed us to rest a few players for the final game against Bosnia as we were already qualified. We got beat 4-2 and the decision to rest players was questionable as it meant we finished 2nd in the group and set up a last 16 tie against England........

View attachment 252761View attachment 252762View attachment 252763View attachment 252764

Going into the England game I expected defeat in all honesty, but the players put in the performence of thier lives to suprise England with a 5-0 hammering, with a goal from Massimo Gasperoni and 4 from Antonio Costanzo. We were then drew against Portugal in the quater finals but it proved to be a step too far as we got beat 2-0 and didn't ever really look like getting back in the game once they took the lead. The other major positives from the tournament were that Costanzo won both top goalscorer and best player, whilst 17 year old centre midfielder Raffaele Errico won best young player.

View attachment 252773View attachment 252772View attachment 252771View attachment 252770View attachment 252769

Season Thirteen - A good year to be a san marino fan

So i started quite strong with a not very big squad. My star striker left on a free so i recruited a new player with great affect. Shot me into a high league position and europe for the second time in the clubs history. Balancing the books well with between 400k-900k profit a month. A nice 250k p/w wages and 14 mil to spend aswell. Upgraded my training facilities to 5* and youth to average.
I also got offered the San Marino NT job!!! Screenies below

5F99CCF30401E522D83DEC243FA4A774CCD1150A

5513DEA4E905C6F849A4A20BC43CEBF3E8CB3504

A tag on from my post above but now im NT manager is there away i can see all the ability's of my players in star form like an assistant report for a club? My team is very poor,lost my first game 8-0 to hungry!!! Tips on the NT and how to make it better will be welcome.

A tag on from my post above but now im NT manager is there away i can see all the ability's of my players in star form like an assistant report for a club? My team is very poor,lost my first game 8-0 to hungry!!! Tips on the NT and how to make it better will be welcome.

Easiest one is to upgrade your youth facilities. sign decent people and try to get them capped for your team first. Add older guys to tutor to boost up their training and get good coaches and training schedules.

As of right now it will be painful for at least 2-5 years. We all go through it, so all i can say is good luck.

I think i might have a go at this, i know it is a little late but i have allways been very boring with how i play so i think this will be interesting...
i think an all nighter is in order...
i will keep you updated.

i think an all nighter is in order...
i will keep you updated.

I wish this could be done in an all nighter. Maybe get lucky and can get to the Serie A by then, but team will still be terrible especially the NT.

Anyway i can get rid of the 2 Non-EU players rule? Doing my nut in, found some top top quality regens, from Nigeria, Egypt and Argentinia to name a few, and can't sign them! Lyon have already signed two of these players and will probably steal some more!

Season Fourteen - Teachers verdict C-

Not happy with the league season at all this year. Finished 8th but had a terrible run in the middle of the season and I figured that my team isn't well enough equipped. As i finished 5th last season I got into the Euro Cup and i had a great time there,totally different form and it ended at the dizzy heights of a semi final defeat to eventual winners and fellow Serie A team Napoli so happy with that.
Also had a great run in the Italian Cup where i went all the way and won the clubs second IC in its history with a 4-1 victory over sampdoria and a ticket back into Europe.
Training and youth facilities being upgraded again and my bank balance sits rosey at 25mil as we speak but my defence needs upgrading so that will take a hit this summer. NT is still poor,not won a game yet but they have more fight. Screenies below....season fifteen here i come!!!!!

FC1B17440FB85DC633EE50505E7726AA1A5E8827

90251E89C08CDACB5EA3B0D727EB74B85FCB0F31

A9D206EE4BDE69F670B4F6B3B8A54BF0C9F85E0A

Alex I think the dip in season form was from playing in Euro Cup and also Italian Cup. It always seems that the first couple years I get into that or Champs league. It's cause you really don't have depth on your bench yet to run all those games, so I usually tend to either do one of two things. If your team isn't great to go deep in the bigger tournament to toss those games (or at least rest some starters from time to time) to keep them in form for the league play to try to finish to make it back the next year (money is better there than in Serie A). Or what I do is to only play reserves for the Italian Cup (normally what I do), pick the league games you can rest some starters in, so you can still make a push in the Euro Cup or Champs league, and still try to push for either top spot in Serie A or a deep run in the tournament.

Which is why in my save I hardly ever won the Italian cup until my team was amazing cause I was more worried about Champs league and finishing first in Serie A. Italian cup was just extra if I won it, and there was plenty of times I got knocked out in my first game cause of playing just reserves.

Back