The Great San Marino Challenge

• Thread starter Thread starter kandersson
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 2K
  • Views Views 471K
Right, re-starting this challenge, after getting to the Serie A last time and then being relegated to B for many years I gave up, but determined more than ever, any good reccomadations for signings on the new patch? Scorza doesnt seem to be alive anymore....

SM league teams

Hi everyone,

Amazing thread/challenge, myself and a colleague have been doing this one for a little while now.

In Summary, straight A’s to Serie A, then I come 4th​, 2nd​ and 1st​ – SM are now dominating in Italy and making noises in the CL too, not taken over the NT yet…..

I’ve taken over Tre Fiori also, as I wanted to raise the SM league up like others on here have done. I have a few questions……..

• With San Marino (club) we moved into the new 25,000 stadium in 2015 I think, yet the completion date is set to 2018 in the boardroom screen, why is this? I cannot request to expand the stadium yet as it appears it’s not finished? Odd, we have definitely moved in for over a year now.
  • With Tri Fiori, it’s a real double edged sword – you can sign pretty much anyone decent off the other SM clubs (for free) but in January of my first season all my best players got nicked by clubs (assume foreign clubs), I guess going pro is the way forward but then we will lose a lot of money, also the club state ‘cannot afford to go pro’ even though we have £1.6m in the bank, how much do you need out of interest?
  • What’s the CL money like for SM clubs, for the early stages?

Generally I’m interested in peoples SM league experiences, I’ve managed small teams but never an amateur one, I’ve got decent coaches now (Inc Ruud Van Nist as my assistant!) and the board are upgrading my facilities (wish I hadn’t asked as the training one only cost £95k, but they are spending £1.3m on the youth ones!?!). Any general advice/trips/info would be great!

Hi everyone,

Amazing thread/challenge, myself and a colleague have been doing this one for a little while now.

In Summary, straight A’s to Serie A, then I come 4th​, 2nd​ and 1st​ – SM are now dominating in Italy and making noises in the CL too, not taken over the NT yet…..

I’ve taken over Tre Fiori also, as I wanted to raise the SM league up like others on here have done. I have a few questions……..

• With San Marino (club) we moved into the new 25,000 stadium in 2015 I think, yet the completion date is set to 2018 in the boardroom screen, why is this? I cannot request to expand the stadium yet as it appears it’s not finished? Odd, we have definitely moved in for over a year now.
  • With Tri Fiori, it’s a real double edged sword – you can sign pretty much anyone decent off the other SM clubs (for free) but in January of my first season all my best players got nicked by clubs (assume foreign clubs), I guess going pro is the way forward but then we will lose a lot of money, also the club state ‘cannot afford to go pro’ even though we have £1.6m in the bank, how much do you need out of interest?
  • What’s the CL money like for SM clubs, for the early stages?
Generally I’m interested in peoples SM league experiences, I’ve managed small teams but never an amateur one, I’ve got decent coaches now (Inc Ruud Van Nist as my assistant!) and the board are upgrading my facilities (wish I hadn’t asked as the training one only cost £95k, but they are spending £1.3m on the youth ones!?!). Any general advice/trips/info would be great!

With your stadium for San Marino it seems as if they are behind schedule. Also I think the 2018 was for planning or breaking ground, but the completion date is later. Or I just might be mistaken though.

As for Tri Fiori, I am using Fiorentino. Honestly you do a different route. I built up my training grounds first (youth if I had the money). Then it was all about trying to get to semi professional as fast as I can. Once I got there then it was all about improving the status to become professional which took like 9 years to get. I got a little lucky in my draws for the Champs league two straight years to actually make it (we got crushed in the group stages) but the money helped me push toward. I don't work really on coaches (all the coaches are mostly people who retired from my team) and i don't work on training (although my training is 5 stars now). Or at least I still let the computer manage training. Now just seling people to make some more money and finally trying to push to be better. Up to 1 1/2 prestige for my team and finally won my first game in group stage against Celtic.

With Amateur it's all about trying to go as fast as you can to professional. Don't really look for coaches or great players (or at lot of them). Just look for around only starters to pay for people while everyone else is not on contract. You have to save your money since you don't have much or get a lot for most things. For the last CL I was in I finished third in group so i got like one million for tv rights with a 1-1-4 record.

i'm managing pennarossa and am in december 2018 and have already had a stadium expansion cancelled and will try building a new one at the end of the season as we hit the max a few times during the season and for a 500 seat stadium, since last year we're averaging over 400 people a game and would easily get alot more for the champions league qualifiers and possibly some of the other games like the playoffs and the knockout rounds of the cup aswell.

I reckon i'm making close to half a mil in prize money from europe alone and that's through normally getting knocked out of the 3rd qualifying round of the champions league and dropping straight out of the europa league before the group stage so it should be considerably more if i could just crack an extra round of champions league qualifiers as then i'd drop striaght into the group stage of the europa league.

so far i've signed a couple of my former players as coaches, and another 2 as a scout after they left the club to finish there career's elsewhere with one being an icon for the club. I've already managed to make it to club legend status and signed 3 former pro's to the staff including robbie keane as a coach in jan 2015, michael ballack as a coach in march 2016 aswell as a new assistant on the same day which was former turkey international goalkeeper rustu recber.

i didn't upgrade anything until i turned semi pro in 2016 and since then have upgraded my training facilities once, then relayed the pitch, i've just finished upgrading my youth facilities and am expanding my training facilities for a second time which is due to start at the end of the season and finish october next year.

Thanks for the replies.

How much did you have in the bank when you went pro? It's greyed out for me in the boardroom request screen, and when I hover I get 'club cannot afford to go pro' - I have 1.8m in the bank but a £1.3m youth facility upgrade pending.

How much did your facilitiy upgrades cost?

Seems a no brainer to get good coaches now, they are free and I seem to be able to get some v decent ones at this level, my fitness is 4.5 star etc! Also got more physios, I bug the board for everything.

New Stadium | National Team Issue

Hi Fellas,

I've been doing this challenge for the last few months, its by far one of the best challenges out there. So, good work.

The thing is, I have a weird issue with my new stadium.

I'm currently SM and the NT manager, since I got the new stadium with SM, the NT also seem to host their games there too - getting gates of around 12K, which is good as I want the NT to be a powerhouse in international football someday. That's fine, just, the weird thing is that under the NT's info it still says Olimpico as the national teams stadium. Bit weird... :S during a game under venue it will say "National Team Stadium" - nothing specific.

Has anyone else had the same issue?

Eh how have people being managing Sammerense Teams and San Marino (club) ?

They must have added extra users, surely you can't do that?

I'm starting this challenge, i'll post my progress

Eh how have people being managing Sammerense Teams and San Marino (club) ?

They must have added extra users, surely you can't do that?

I'm starting this challenge, i'll post my progress

you have 2 managers in the game, one at each club or as i once did have 3 managers with one as the national team, one as san marino calcio and the under 21's and one as a san marinese league side and the under 19's.

it'sknown as the san marino triple and is allowed under the challenge rules, although most don't manage the national youth teams and double up one of their managers between club and country.

Last edited:
Oh, I set it up so that my past experience was International Footballer and then got the job at the club before adding new maanger as the nation,, retiring him and applying for the job as the other maanger so their both on one manager

Oh, I set it up so that my past experience was International Footballer and then got the job at the club before adding new maanger as the nation,, retiring him and applying for the job as the other maanger so their both on one manager

that's what most people do, although i don't know what rep they use. although some people have added a second manager so they can have a san marinese league team aswell and the example about the national youth teams is something i did in an earlier save before i lost it and started my current one as just pennarossa in the campionato sammarinese.

Season Fifteen - A par season

Had an ok season overall. Spent heavy in the summer (a nice 20million) so the bank was bear. Upgraded my training facilities again and hoped for a good season. Got off to a terrible start of one win in seven but pulled it around and finished 5th in Serie A. Got to the Euro Cup quarter final this season and got a nice 3mil from that. Got knocked out the IC in the quarters aswell but wasn't to fussy as i wanted to chase CL football.
NT is still a dead rubber,cant win a game or seem to improve the team (may quit the NT as i dont enjoy it 1%)
Screenie below of my season. Still a below par performance in my opinion

A9A432D8A2BE5EE5816CD9AA93DFB9212ADAAF54

Guys, i need help!! Stuck in Serie C1/B. Been in here for 2 seasons only mid table team. Any tips / tactics to help me out? thanks

One stick with a tactic don't change it up a lot. I ran with basically one tactic all the way up to Serie A. When I was heavy underdogs or needed just a tie I would bring out my "bunker down and play for a nil-nil game", but mostly just ran with the one. As for C1/B just look for players that are free. I don't know what patch so you can't probably get soem of the guys, but if you just look around the frees you can find good ones or try to get loaned people which is key to also helping get out (or at least for me).

Cheers, yeah picked up some frees that are ok and got some good prospects tbh. Starting the season now so will see how it goes. Done this challenge before and got to Serie A, but lost the save, so frustrating :(

I got to the 3rd round in the CL qualification stages with Tre Fiori, 2nd season, amatuer team etc! Got beat 4-2 away though and no doubt get beat at home too, any ideas how much money I'll get for this and when it gets paid?

Hopefully this will help the league rep!

i have lost my save file in season 15 or 16 making CL last 8 consistently and challenging for serie A title national team had 3/4 young very promising youngsters but no depth and not enough ability to impact a major tournament. Putting the challenge on hold until the next release is out and going to complete another challenge in the meantime

It's taken up the last 2 months of my life but has been worth it! Just gutted the file won't load....my laptop ran out of juice mid-save :(

See you all next year with a slightly easier challenge as the mighty titani received promotion!

i have lost my save file in season 15 or 16 making CL last 8 consistently and challenging for serie A title national team had 3/4 young very promising youngsters but no depth and not enough ability to impact a major tournament. Putting the challenge on hold until the next release is out and going to complete another challenge in the meantime

It's taken up the last 2 months of my life but has been worth it! Just gutted the file won't load....my laptop ran out of juice mid-save :(

See you all next year with a slightly easier challenge as the mighty titani received promotion!

I'm shedding a tear for you, I can only imagine your pain :(

@shabbauk: You'll get loads, I get £500k for 2nd round, so I'd imagine a mil or so for 4th?

I got to the 3rd round in the CL qualification stages with Tre Fiori, 2nd season, amatuer team etc! Got beat 4-2 away though and no doubt get beat at home too, any ideas how much money I'll get for this and when it gets paid?

Hopefully this will help the league rep!

League Rep a little, team rep a lot more though. As for money it all depends on what happens. It is around 300K (if I remember correctly), but even if you lose you still have a chance to get into the Euro Cup. I was lucky when I made it (third year I think) that I got a super lucky draw in the Euro Cup and made my way into it. It's not the best money, but it helps your team rep out a lot. In a year or two you can probably ask to become a semi-professional team.

Back