The Great San Marino Challenge

• Thread starter Thread starter kandersson
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 2K
  • Views Views 471K
WOW, I got beat in that 4th round of the CL, BUT I got given £1.8m, plus went into the Euro Cup at the group stage, another £880k.....RICH.

The pro tab is no longer greyed out in boardroom requests, however they said no :( - will keep bugging them.

I'm going to get WHOOPED, Juventus, FC Twente, and a smaller club are in my group - my aim is one point :)

My SM club team played my Tre Fiori team in the SM cup........they won 8-0 even though it was my total B team on the SM side.

So now it's all about going pro with Tre and hanging onto some of the better players.

So I'm struggling to string 2 results together, getting stupid draws and players sent off, then, bam, beat 1st placed Palermo 6-0, then have last placed Grosseto.

Team meetings really do work huh!

Anyone got any idea how to work out where I need to improve my players? I've bought a new CB and a new CM Adv PM as I felt that we weren't creating enough chances and were letting the opposition get too many, but that was pretty much just conjecture.

HELP! Still stuck in Serie C1/B, any suggestions on tactics?

Koflok's?

In Serie C, you can basically just full out attack and still get away with it.

Splash out on a top-quality keeper before anything else.
Then spread out the rest of your budget evenly among the rest of the team.

Spend a long time on pre-season, search through all domestic teams, first teams of Serie B and Reserves/U20s of Serie A and B for any bargains. Have a look at foreign clubs for players going out of contract, particularly in the January window as clubs will often make the mistake of not offering a quality player a contract extension, and you can get them on a Bosman.

Scouting is KEY with any lower league clubs, get good scouts and use them - plus do alot of manuall searching.

Also get the best coaches you can, fitness coaches are key also.

I personally use a 2 starting XI system where possible, make sure you're not losing becuase your players are tired. Use the loan system to fill in gaps/cover.

Being a wheeler/dealing is a massive help for raising funds/improving the team.

some very good news! after the drama of what i thought was a lost save file i gave it a quick load and its working.... we're back in business

2025/26 season - aim to win serie a (juve have dominated and won with ease the past couple of seasons
champions league
and italian cup

and hope to rise to top 100 in fifa world rankings with san marino NT

will post an end of season summary ASAP

IF you are starting again look for fabrice jau you will be able to get him on a bosman to join you in january, good enough to compete until serie b promotion push for me

commando,

what i tend to do is get my assistant to evaluate every player, make sure you have an assistant with good judging ability and potential, and aim to get 3star in every position then 4 star then if you can get anyone better than that then great.

But make sure your players fit your tactics, i have a ball winning centre mid and although it is great to have a creative midfielder i make sure my ball winner has great anticipation, tackling heading and passing skills. Then my inside forwards have to be as good at crossing as finishing as well as possessing lots of pace.

but dont be afraid to dismiss your assistants advice if you dont think a player is good enough

So I'm struggling to string 2 results together, getting stupid draws and players sent off, then, bam, beat 1st placed Palermo 6-0, then have last placed Grosseto.

Team meetings really do work huh!

Anyone got any idea how to work out where I need to improve my players? I've bought a new CB and a new CM Adv PM as I felt that we weren't creating enough chances and were letting the opposition get too many, but that was pretty much just conjecture.

Sounds like the new guys haven't jel. That is usually what happens when I usually start a couple of people for a season. A spoiler for my Fiorentina team, but the year I am about to post I had 5 new players and mostly were attacking people. I would have games where I would win 5-1 to even 5-0 and then have two games where i would have 1-1 or even 0-0 (even if it happened twice just in the league). Our odds in champs league went from 5001 to 201. Which is great but we got crushed in the group stage and was one of our worst showings where we only scored like 1 goal and gave up 17. Even when I had 5001 odds i only gave up like 9.

Although the next year where they all jel or wasn't homesick I am winning like 9-0 and just running away with everything. Same team as before and have some injuries unlike last year but just destroying everything in my path. If this happens next year as well then I don't know. Guess there is some problems between players then.

2025/2026 season

a strong start to the campaign saw san marino leading the title challenge, winning their champions league group and looking unbeatable in the italian cup. however fixture congestion and inexperienced youngsters led to defeat against udinese in the italian cup.
This was actually a blessing in disguise as it meant greater focus on the league and CL. but despite going into the CL QF 3-0 up a very young team selection lacked any backbone against a spirited fight back where the mighty titani crashed out succumbing to a 4-3 aggregate defeat.
An uninterupted finish to the season allowed san marino to run away winners by a 12 point margin.
View attachment 256464View attachment 256465
last years regen has also improved significantly thanks to some tutoring and first team football
View attachment 256469

also 2 promising regens of pure san marinese nationality
View attachment 256466View attachment 256467

on the NT front i finished 5th out of 6 in qualifying for world cup, but have been handed a tough group to qualify for the euros. Just waiting for my sanmarinese players to develop to challenge mediocre nations and push on

Season Sixteen - Strong start,weak ending.

Well this was an up and down season. Failed to qualify for the Euro Cup after a 4th round qualifier defeat so really hit my income hard there. Set my heart on at least getting the IC again but lost in the quarters again for a second season in a row. The league started off very well,undefeated in my first 9 but then a bad run i l=slipped and never really got back into a run of results and finished a low 8th. Youth facilities upgraded to excellent now and another 5mill investment due to be completed in October of the coming season.
Income has dried up but putting that down to 1) my wage bill is now 450k p/w and no European income.
On the national team front i finally won my first match!!!! Maybe some youth will come through for me over the next few years and i can start a journey with the NT full-time. Screenies below.

3F48B39EE56C14F4E58CEAF6787F095B4430735D

FDE7EA3248F08BEAA5B8612C994D9C4305B5CDB1

Hi guys,

Massive news for me with my Tre Fiori SM side, as you may know I scraped into the Euro cup group stages via the CL knockout rounds, was a HUGE ask as I drew FC Twente, Juventus and a smaller team.

Twente brought me back to earth with a 8-1 thrashing! However at home Juventus brought a weak/young team and we managed a 1-1 draw, with a goal dis-allowed in the 86th min!

THEN away, they again played a young side, they still had a £10m MC on the pitch as well as Destro up front...............and I won 3-1!!!!! The greatest result in Tre Fiori's history! We are still amatuer and only into my 2nd season with this side.

The NT is upto 66th in the world, I someone smashed Bulgaria 7-1 at home, they are ranked over 100th though. Only been there since June (its Novemember now) and we have gone from 149th to 66th already.

Injury crisis has caused issues for my SM team though, I've got 5 of my 6 strikers out, not ideal as I play 3 upfront! Also trying to give the youngsters more starts so have dropped a few points, the title will be mine though again, we are too strong for any team in Italy and have won 4/4 group games in the CL, got to the final last year and lost against Man UTD, have since made 2 big signings and we beat them 4-1 in the group stage.

Last edited:
Hey there, problem and a question

My San Marino Calcio side is going along fine. But I've been doing pretty much how San Marino NT does in real life (aka ****), however during the friendly period before the World Cup qualifiers I scrape together two wins over very low ranked opponents; I fell good about myself on them. So I go into the World Cup qualifiers and I get hammered by Poland and Ukraine. I think nothing of it, thinking its normal and proceed on to Montenegro. Again, a bad loss, but this time I get fired from my post. I restart it up again, another loss and another firing. I retry this situation a dozen more times, all with varying degrees of loss 1-0 to 8-0, and I still get fired.

Now I've been playing double duty, being both manager of the domestic team and national team, but would it be fine to take over the national team with a second manager if this keeps happening?

personally i left the NT well alone until i had developed a few players of serie a quality so i could at least not finish bottom of the group, but if you appoint a new manager as NT then retire then re-apply with your normal profile you should get the job back. it may however be best to just leave it a decade or so until you can win a few games competitively otherwise you will have the same situation re-occuring.

Thanks for the tips, I've been doing filtered searches for all my players and doing very thorough scouting before I sign, hence my incredible keeper who's value has increased 13 times over.

My players all fit my tactics, which is why I buy them, I don't really work on star ratings, but attributes. I've been "creat[ing] search filter from player" though, and trying to improve them that way.

Probably on to something with the gelling thing, choices; I got a lot of new faces in.

I'll push on a bit more and see how the season unfolds!

Everythings much better on new save. Back to back promotions to Serie B, Two Serie C cup victories and two Super cup wins. Very successful so far, but i know the hardest challenege is yet to come.

I'm only starting this challenge now :P However, I'm off for 6 weeks so I will probably be able to get through a few seasons (Maybe even get to Serie A) in that time. the NT side of the Challenge looks like it is going to be tough.

I'm only starting this challenge now :P However, I'm off for 6 weeks so I will probably be able to get through a few seasons (Maybe even get to Serie A) in that time. the NT side of the Challenge looks like it is going to be tough.

Strongly suggest signing ... Araboni, Fabrice Jau, Sacilotto and Anaclerio :)

Back