The Great San Marino Challenge

• Thread starter Thread starter kandersson
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 2K
  • Views Views 471K
Oh my days mate he was class! Thankyou haha! Shame he missed half of second season to injury like. Any tips for Serie B?

pedro kamata was a handy winger, possessed little talent but consistantly performed
massmiliano tagliani was a solid centre back but was pushing it at that level but averaged over 7 for 3 years in serie b
khouma babacar - got him after a few years in the division but was brilliant

other than that i tended to snap up promising regens from abroad cheap, then sell 50% of them for a million or 2 then bid 1k at the end of the season to retain them, didn't always work but did 70/80% of the time and helped raise loads of money to invest in youth and training
i raised 15mill over my 3 years on serie b that way

Still going to recommend Enzo Scorza if you can find him, frustratingly inconsistent but will score lots.

I can't win, my start of the season was horrible and now my post new year slump means I can't do anything right, getting loads of draws and it's a pain. Didn't help that my 1st choice keeper was away at AFCON for a month and then the 2nd choice was only a kid.

How is everyone (who is playing SM league) getting on with their SM league club? Tre Fiori for me, 1.5 years in - can afford to go pro but it's greyed out - how regular can you ask? (it says 'not enough time has passed).

Walking the SM competitions but Euro is a huge challenge, other than my crazy 3-1 win away at Juve as posted about earlier.

How is everyone (who is playing SM league) getting on with their SM league club? Tre Fiori for me, 1.5 years in - can afford to go pro but it's greyed out - how regular can you ask? (it says 'not enough time has passed).

Walking the SM competitions but Euro is a huge challenge, other than my crazy 3-1 win away at Juve as posted about earlier.

My board went semi pro on its own, after 4/5 years I think.

And yeah that'll be the case for a while, I get to the 2nd qual round then fail miserably. Just keep pushing on and you'll have more money and rep and get better players, eventually. Having other SM teams in Europe is nice too, I like seeing our ranking go up!

I'm Pennarossa and just starting my 2nd season. Won everything possible in first season and just made it to the 2nd round of qualifiers for CL. League ranking should hopefully go up after this season!

Still going to recommend Enzo Scorza if you can find him, frustratingly inconsistent but will score lots.

I can't win, my start of the season was horrible and now my post new year slump means I can't do anything right, getting loads of draws and it's a pain. Didn't help that my 1st choice keeper was away at AFCON for a month and then the 2nd choice was only a kid.

Hes not on the latest update :(

I'm Pennarossa and just starting my 2nd season. Won everything possible in first season and just made it to the 2nd round of qualifiers for CL. League ranking should hopefully go up after this season!

I got to the last round of the CL qualifiers, lost out but went into the EURO cup group stage - hoping that would fast track my/the leagues status. We have £5m+ in the bank now.

Hes not on the latest update :(

:(

Also :( on not getting playoffs because of GD! It's promising for next year though!

EDIT: Sigh. Just got my youth candidates, one 4.5 star potential kid, who is, of course, half Italian. Another who is 2 star and a full Sammarinense who is 2.5. I got much better players when I had worse facilities...

Last edited:
:(

Also :( on not getting playoffs because of GD! It's promising for next year though!

EDIT: Sigh. Just got my youth candidates, one 4.5 star potential kid, who is, of course, half Italian. Another who is 2 star and a full Sammarinense who is 2.5. I got much better players when I had worse facilities...

Ouch! I havent even got the sort of money to upgrade anything yet :(

have you tried accepting co-ownership offers? young prospects generally attract more interest. cant recommend it enough to grow the club, otherwise with a severe lack of funds you may find yourself yo-yoing from serie a to b. i had a huge budget(in comparison to previous budgets) when i went up and still struggled

i have top facilities and tend to get 1 4.5star regen and 2/3 of 3 star ability its just getting the luck of fully sanmarinese nationality, or even half on occasion!

@seacow: All my young players love me too much! They get offers from Juve, Inter, etc, and refuse them because they "enjoy working under me" (no jokes, please)

@liamboyall: I'm sitting on a casual £30 mil, but I imagine my new stadium will take a lot of that so I'm not spending it on facilities until I find out in a month or so how much it'll cost.

Oh and I still can't get a decent feeder club, my only one is in C2! Tried to get a new one and the options I got were in Serie D, E and F!

Decided to give this challenge a go and just about finished season 1. Can upload screenshots if anyone wants to see them.

@seacow: All my young players love me too much! They get offers from Juve, Inter, etc, and refuse them because they "enjoy working under me" (no jokes, please)

@liamboyall: I'm sitting on a casual £30 mil, but I imagine my new stadium will take a lot of that so I'm not spending it on facilities until I find out in a month or so how much it'll cost.

Oh and I still can't get a decent feeder club, my only one is in C2! Tried to get a new one and the options I got were in Serie D, E and F!

Re stadium, it's done on a monthly outlay, the 25,000 one (1st one) costs £350k a month IIRC.

I had £88m by2017 but went crazy and signed 3 players, £23m, £27m and £14m......in reaction to losing the CL final I needed somne mega stars. Down to £11m in the bank, I give up trying to save loads now as I always get shafted for huge dividends/tax. Keep upgrading facilities as often as you can, I believe personally they are very important, once they are decent and your coaching is good you can make a healthy profit signing up young freebies and developing them.

Yes but if you have loads don't they take some of that into account and charge you less pcm? Or am I mistaken?

Annoyingly I don't think that is the case, I wish it was..... struggling to remember as I've not had many saves which have had a new stadium, I remember once I was paying out £1m a month and it pretty much ruined the save. (Ipswich, 60k stadium). ~£350k is fine for SM with the TV deal, as usual the 'other' and tax costs seem to creep up and up.....

Annoyingly I don't think that is the case, I wish it was..... struggling to remember as I've not had many saves which have had a new stadium, I remember once I was paying out £1m a month and it pretty much ruined the save. (Ipswich, 60k stadium). ~£350k is fine for SM with the TV deal, as usual the 'other' and tax costs seem to creep up and up.....

Dam.

In my Palace save in 11, I got a new one when I was very rich and it didn't make a difference I don't think.

Knocked out the CL in 1/4s vs Arsenal, 5-1 on agg. but not that bothered. Need to concentrate on league anyway!

Back