The Great San Marino Challenge

• Thread starter Thread starter kandersson
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 2K
  • Views Views 471K
Has anyone with a Sm league team had the stadium developed, ideally I just want more seats - currenty it's 1000 capacity, 350 of which is seating - rest is standing. In the CL games I sell out but as only seating is allowed it's at 350 capacity....

Tried stadium expansion in the boardoroom but they say it's not needed, which is true, just need more of the capacity as seating!

Has anyone with a Sm league team had the stadium developed, ideally I just want more seats - currenty it's 1000 capacity, 350 of which is seating - rest is standing. In the CL games I sell out but as only seating is allowed it's at 350 capacity....

Tried stadium expansion in the boardoroom but they say it's not needed, which is true, just need more of the capacity as seating!

yeah, the board decided to do it by themselves after refusing a request the previous season, i had to move into the olimpico whilst they extended the stadium from 500 to 1237 not all of it is seated but whilst i was in the olimpico i was pulling in crowds of 1500 on average and managed to fill it to capacity for all my continental games including taking a hammering from west ham.

Season Seventeen - Not bad

Not a bad season overall,finished 5th in the league and only missed out on CL football by goal difference. Its nice to have European football again next year after two years out of it. Seriously lost Alot of cash not being in Europe,lost 11mil last season. Got a wage budget of 580k p/w but trying to keep it to 500k p/w so i dont over shoot my budgets.
NT has a little more fight in them. Screenie below.

6AF2450D6BC7C5232D2A0B0BFD79622663EABD7E

Season 2018/19

6th in Serie A

View attachment 257663

Won the cup and supercup

View attachment 257664View attachment 257665

Superstar striker, who got himself to a goal a game!

View attachment 257666

And facility improvements
View attachment 257660View attachment 257661View attachment 257662

Made the money from those improvements back the next day when I got my CL TV money! Current balance is £35mil.

This was more of a transition season, from my old guard to newer, better players and a different tactic. 6th was disappointing, but I've still got my job so it's all good.

Nothing much to say really, will hope to push to at least the semis of the Europa League, if not win it, and shore up my defence with a couple of signings, that's it really!

EDIT: My CS side won the league again, and Tre Penne went semi-pro too, looks like the CS will be a force to be reckoned with!

Last edited:
Just got told I would recieve around 3.66 million in TV rights for this season. Does this sound about right?

My SM team Tre Fiori have just turned pro......... how did you guys work this, did you just leave everyone on amatuer contracts or did you sign up the best ones to pro? Maybe ditched the whole squad? Basically it seems a couple of my best players want £1k+ a week! I was thinking/hoping it woud have been more like £400.....

Can i ask you guys,that what leagues and players you have loaded in this challenge ?

Can i ask you guys,that what leagues and players you have loaded in this challenge ?

All Italian leagues and all players of Sammarinese nationality are all you need, but I also have: the Sammarinese league (link in 1st post); Uruguyan players, players of nationality Central Europe and the Russian league (get lots of high offers from players, only added it in Serie A). My computer runs very slowly because of all of them though.

My SM team Tre Fiori have just turned pro......... how did you guys work this, did you just leave everyone on amatuer contracts or did you sign up the best ones to pro? Maybe ditched the whole squad? Basically it seems a couple of my best players want £1k+ a week! I was thinking/hoping it woud have been more like £400.....

I gave everyone a semi pro contract, a couple of mine wanted £1k ish but I gave it to them as they were the best strikers in the league by a long way, and I had the budget to do it. It's my 3rd season as a semi pro club and I'm only on half my wage budget.

Of course there are loads of great players out there who will sign for hardly anything and will be as good if not better than your guys, but it's just a case of finding them!

Just got told I would recieve around 3.66 million in TV rights for this season. Does this sound about right?

First season that sounds about right, it goes up though. Staying in Serie A is the key to success!

Also, my CS side got to the 3rd round of CL quals! Best so far, and only went out through very poor refereeing! Very happy with that!

What on earth! My wage budget after going pro has been set at £2,200 a week! Given some of my stars want pretty much that alone it's not helpful! I have £3m in the bank.....

What on earth! My wage budget after going pro has been set at £2,200 a week! Given some of my stars want pretty much that alone it's not helpful! I have £3m in the bank.....

Wow, er, in which case sign people to about £1.7k, and leave the rest amateur?

And I have half that!

You might have to lower the quality of players you want then, I had to downgrade my squad last season because I couldn't afford them, but this year they're better than ever.

The first year I didn't have any contracts. Only time I would offer one is when someone wanted to sign one to another Amateur status. Then just offered like 50 dollars and I was finem or whatever the pricve is.

I've been managing the San Marinese national team and really I celebrate San Marinese victories quite often. A San Marinese victory being losing by less than 3.

No wonder this is popular this is a real challenge, i will defo do this for 2013 game if i dont forgot about it. choices must be the ultimate manager, must be almost impossible to win a World Cup with San Marino

No wonder this is popular this is a real challenge, i will defo do this for 2013 game if i dont forgot about it. choices must be the ultimate manager, must be almost impossible to win a World Cup with San Marino

Thats only cause I was the first to hit 2030 with this save. Also only played with people eligible to play for my country. When you have the best club team in the world and 19 of the 23 spots on the NT from your team it isn't that hard. Especially when everyone plays with everyone for at least 5 years.

Plus everyone else was able to do more with the national team faster than me. Took me to do stuff around 2026 (actually making the first tournament in 2028) while everyone else is doing it in 2020 or so. Plus I just got lucky and when my team was taken over it was by a tycoon so that helped a lot.

Last the challenge is fun and challenging. It does force you to do a different approach from bigger clubs, and you do have your up's and down's. Trust me I had mine. Plus it does work if you can get to Serie A fast enough, and luckily for me I only play with terrible teams so the lower leagues wasn't that bad for me. One of the worst team challenges I ever played as was A.D. Alcorcon last year in the Spanish League. Once you hit La LIga you have Real Madrid, Barcelona, and are getting pounded. At least with San Marino you had 3 years to build up to Serie A while there it was one (and the stadium is actually smaller than San Marino when you start and hit La Liga). I hope you enjoy it if you do play cause it is a fun challenge. It is going to be a long challenge as well.

Thats only cause I was the first to hit 2030 with this save. Also only played with people eligible to play for my country. When you have the best club team in the world and 19 of the 23 spots on the NT from your team it isn't that hard. Especially when everyone plays with everyone for at least 5 years.

Plus everyone else was able to do more with the national team faster than me. Took me to do stuff around 2026 (actually making the first tournament in 2028) while everyone else is doing it in 2020 or so. Plus I just got lucky and when my team was taken over it was by a tycoon so that helped a lot.

Last the challenge is fun and challenging. It does force you to do a different approach from bigger clubs, and you do have your up's and down's. Trust me I had mine. Plus it does work if you can get to Serie A fast enough, and luckily for me I only play with terrible teams so the lower leagues wasn't that bad for me. One of the worst team challenges I ever played as was A.D. Alcorcon last year in the Spanish League. Once you hit La LIga you have Real Madrid, Barcelona, and are getting pounded. At least with San Marino you had 3 years to build up to Serie A while there it was one (and the stadium is actually smaller than San Marino when you start and hit La Liga). I hope you enjoy it if you do play cause it is a fun challenge. It is going to be a long challenge as well.

Oh I see does not sound so hard now. Yeah i like long challenges anyway, now my Man City team is boring to play as I am going to be more inclined to take on a long challenge such as this from the start. Polular challenges are always better cause you get to compare your team with others.

Just hope i dont forget about this, I would start it now but with FM 13 so near I would never be able to reach many of the goals set.

PLAYERS YOU MUST SIGN IN YOUR FIRST SEASON

GK:
Carlo Sciarrone

DEF:
Andrea Manucci
Jony Lopez
Nicola Mora

MID:
Nicola Mingazzini
Sodinha

ST:
Mohammed Gulraiz