hi guys, im still playing fm10 at the mo, as i was a bit of a newbie and felt i was still serving my apprenticeship lol...anyway, now im thinking of getting fm11...the reason for this being, is that ive come across things on fm10 that are driving me nuts...
1/ attacking headers more often than not, go over the bar
2/ long throw ins, no matter how good the taker, always concedes me of possesion
3/ the goalie standing like a statue, watching and allowing the striker to get the ball and slam it in (ive scored plenty and conceded in this way)

my question is, are these "glitches/bugs" in fm11?...dont really wanna waste my money if its the same with that

cheers for any help

i Don't know about fm10 but on fm11 i don't think there is this bug...i think it's really to do with the goalkeepers stats...if he is a top class goalkeeper i think he will do better while if you have a rubbish goalkeeper he will prob let them in..

cheers mate...im off to see if i can find where i can buy FM11 for a bargain price. :)

all my player pictures arent loading into the game, ive tried several different things and now im reloading them and they still are not re appearing.

now in anger i moved the customised logos i have downloaded and they are no long appearing along with the kits

what have i done? lol..

Hello there,

just got my copy a few days ago and started playing. I haven't played any of the older versions of the game, because I'm from germany and you only get to buy EA's managers here. This one I got from amazon.uk and it's really much more realistic than the EA FMs

However, I started playing 1.FC Kaiserslautern, newly promoted team into the german first division and I'm having some problems understanding some basics of this game and eventually some language leaks there. So maybe someone can help me out with a couple of questions :)

First - For every player there is a stars rating system you get to see in the assistant reports view and each player has attribute skills. How do these two different rating types connect to each other ? If a player for example has a maximum star rating potential of 3 stars and a current skill of 3 stars - does that mean he won't improve in his skills any more ? If so, what is the use of training these players then ?

Second - my assistants keep telling me I should drop certain players due to bad form. Do I get it right that this means to not line them up for the next match ? How is "form" determined ? According to the player ratings, the players in question are usually not much different than the rest of my team, so why do I get the hints to drop them ?

Third - in the pre match scouting reports about the next opponents there are sometimes infos like my team should play narrow / wide or short passes / direct passes due to the pitch length / width. In the backroom advice screen my assistants then often suggest the complete opposite of what was said in the scout report. Is there any overview / list about what hint in a scout report translates into which team setting ?

And the last question for now (certainly more to come later) - What's the deal with the match preparation page ? I read here that this is meant to be a fairly important page, but I don't see much to do there at all. I set the focus area to either defending positioning or attacking positioning before a match, depending on if I plan to play defensive or attacking approch. Anything else you can do there I am missing ?

Finally, after incredible struggling at the beginning of my career to understand what I am doing - I just finished my first season. I've been in the relegation zone for the whole season just to end up on safe 14th position with a 2-0 victory in the last game against my direct relegation opponent. I could just dance around the table for making it after being 10 points away from the rescue mid-season already :) This game is absolutely addictive :)

fm11.jpg

Where can I find the amount of scouts allowed at the club?

Help with teamtalks!

Hey, i need help with team talks...Why is it whenever i team talk or even i ask my assistant to pick teamtalk for me...i check after the game...team talk feedback and every single time..it says on effect "nothing specific noted". Not working? Then when my assistant chooses no teamtalk, "None(team)". Someone gets angry..it says on effect "angered". Angry that i said nothing for their work when my assistant manager chose that? WTF someone help?

Hello guys,

i'm new to the game. I've played 3 seasons so far with Dortmund and it was really was even though i didn't know what i was doing. ;) But there a couple of things i wasn't sure about, so i hope somebody can answer my questions.

1. Can you train a new position until its "natural" or just until accomplished?

2. What effects does it have if you play a player on a wrong position?

3. How is the value of a player calculated? I noticed it changes according to the transfer fee if a player changes clubs.

4.How long does it take for a u23 to be invited into a league? Especially in germany, because there are no reserve leagues. And do you need players in the team to get an invitation?

5. Which transfer budget do you spend if you buy a player outside of the tranfer period? (i.e. may)

6. Do the coaches include "roles" into their calculations if you ask them to chose the team?

7. How does potential work? I know theres abiltity and potential. But how is the potential distributed onto the different skills?
a.) depending on the training b.) EVERY skill can be trained +X points c.) depending on position (i.e. a striker can gain 5 points in finishing, but only 1 in tackling?)

8. How do i know when a player can't gain points in a particular skill anymore?

That's it so far, i'm sure more questions will come to me during my next session.

Thanks in advance,
ihchulk.

Hello guys,

i'm new to the game. I've played 3 seasons so far with Dortmund and it was really was even though i didn't know what i was doing. ;) But there a couple of things i wasn't sure about, so i hope somebody can answer my questions.

1. Can you train a new position until its "natural" or just until accomplished?

2. What effects does it have if you play a player on a wrong position?

3. How is the value of a player calculated? I noticed it changes according to the transfer fee if a player changes clubs.

4.How long does it take for a u23 to be invited into a league? Especially in germany, because there are no reserve leagues. And do you need players in the team to get an invitation?

5. Which transfer budget do you spend if you buy a player outside of the tranfer period? (i.e. may)

6. Do the coaches include "roles" into their calculations if you ask them to chose the team?

7. How does potential work? I know theres abiltity and potential. But how is the potential distributed onto the different skills?
a.) depending on the training b.) EVERY skill can be trained +X points c.) depending on position (i.e. a striker can gain 5 points in finishing, but only 1 in tackling?)

8. How do i know when a player can't gain points in a particular skill anymore?

That's it so far, i'm sure more questions will come to me during my next session.

Thanks in advance,
ihchulk.

1.When you do new position under training, it will take a month or so. It will really depend on how often you play them. You see if you want a Left Wing back to play as attacking Left then offer them new position AML then tell them to do PPM "Run down the left". Then play them often as more matches they play in that position, the more often they get to it and will learn it.

2.Well if you havn't trained them to play that position i guess their performance will be low and will not perform. Morale will be down. If you play him too much on position they don't like that and they may complain to the media or so. I'm not really sure on this so ask someone else.

3.Not sure but i think once some team bought them for like £5m their value will be that.

4.Unsure sorry.

5.Not sure what you mean by that.

6.Not sure.

Not really sure for other questions too...about the potential thing i think you just have to look at it yourself or you assistant has a report that may tell you when they are close to potential so yeah..

I hope i've helped you a bit :). Sorry about the things i can't answer, hopefully some other more experienced people come and reply.

Good luck.

Can somebody clear up the Hall of Fame situation? I guess it's pretty simple to work it out, but I only have 130 points after winning 7 league titles in a row, 2 Champs Leagues, 3 FA Cups and a League Cup?

1.When you do new position under training, it will take a month or so. It will really depend on how often you play them. You see if you want a Left Wing back to play as attacking Left then offer them new position AML then tell them to do PPM "Run down the left". Then play them often as more matches they play in that position, the more often they get to it and will learn it.

2.Well if you havn't trained them to play that position i guess their performance will be low and will not perform. Morale will be down. If you play him too much on position they don't like that and they may complain to the media or so. I'm not really sure on this so ask someone else.

3.Not sure but i think once some team bought them for like £5m their value will be that.

4.Unsure sorry.

5.Not sure what you mean by that.

6.Not sure.

Not really sure for other questions too...about the potential thing i think you just have to look at it yourself or you assistant has a report that may tell you when they are close to potential so yeah..

I hope i've helped you a bit :). Sorry about the things i can't answer, hopefully some other more experienced people come and reply.

Good luck.
1. So...does it ever reach light green? :D
2. Ok that makes sense.
3. Ok.
5. Let me rephrase. If i buy a player in april and his contract starts on the first of july, will the transfer fee be paid out of the current season budget or the budget of next season?

I realize those are all questions which might not have clear answers, but maybe somebody knows. ;) Thanks for your help. Oh and i just learned that you shouldn't go on holiday to see what the future brings without saving the game to a different slot. So i will have so start over.

Last edited:
1. So...does it ever reach light green? :D

Yes, it will eventually. Don't know how versatile Juan Manuel Mata is but I converted him to a 'natural' (light green) AMR in under 2 month just by constantly playing him there and retraining him.

Yes, it will eventually. Don't know how versatile Juan Manuel Mata is but I converted him to a 'natural' (light green) AMR in under 2 month just by constantly playing him there and retraining him.
But it does mean that Kevin Großkreutz is not versatile at all. Took me almost 9 months to raise him 1 level as an AMC. So i figured maybe you can't train a new main position. Guess i am going to train all my FBs and Winger to work on both sides then. :)

But it does mean that Kevin Großkreutz is not versatile at all. Took me almost 9 months to raise him 1 level as an AMC. So i figured maybe you can't train a new main position. Guess i am going to train all my FBs and Winger to work on both sides then. :)

Here a tip, young players learn faster than older players as younger ones develop much better :)

I accidentally pressed the Name column in my squad selection window - now, no matter what I press I can't keep the team sorted by position and squad selection status simultaneously.
This means that I can either sort them by position, in which case my selected squad is all over the place, or I can sort them by the squad selection status, in which case my players are sorted in alphabetical order. It's annoying as f*** and I want it changed back to the way it was before my clumsy click.
How do I change it back?

Last edited:
i saved my game at a certain point and if i press continue each time it goes to crash dumps

so what can i do

I accidentally pressed the Name column in my squad selection window - now, no matter what I press I can't keep the team sorted by position and squad selection status simultaneously.
This means that I can either sort them by position, in which case my selected squad is all over the place, or I can sort them by the squad selection status, in which case my players are sorted in alphabetical order. It's annoying as f*** and I want it changed back to the way it was before my clumsy click.
How do I change it back?

Click Pkd, then HOLD SHIFT and click the Position column, then Name.

I am playing as Sunderland in second season and am currently 3rd in November , I have built up a very strong team with the likes of Ganso , Neymar , Phil Jone and more.
Joes Mourinho has just been sacked by Real Madrid and I am the favourite for the job , should I apply for the job or stay at Sunderland?

I am playing as Sunderland in second season and am currently 3rd in November , I have built up a very strong team with the likes of Ganso , Neymar , Phil Jone and more.
Joes Mourinho has just been sacked by Real Madrid and I am the favourite for the job , should I apply for the job or stay at Sunderland?

Real Madrid job will be pretty easy so if you want a lot of sucess, then go there. However i'd stay with Sunderland as it seems you have put a lot of effort into them already. I'd achieve everything you can with them and then move. However it is totally up to you!