The Help Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Jack Fulham
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 787
  • Views Views 118K
I am playing as Sunderland in second season and am currently 3rd in November , I have built up a very strong team with the likes of Ganso , Neymar , Phil Jone and more.
Joes Mourinho has just been sacked by Real Madrid and I am the favourite for the job , should I apply for the job or stay at Sunderland?

Depends what you want to do..If you need a new challenge then go for real madrid however if you think you want to push sunderland to go world class or whatever win champions league etc then stick with them.

When i was at Newcastle i build a strong team like you did but i needed a new challenge so i went on to manage AC Milan so then i on and build another strong team at AC Milan for a season

Need some help. I've got a great save on my laptop but i have steam installed on it. Now i copied the save to my USB flashdisk and put it in my games folder here on my other laptop. I've installed FM on this laptop with the CD and not on steam. But when i try to load the game, it says "the game couldnt be loaded"... Anyone that knows how fix that so i can play with my save from my steam laptop to my other laptop?

doing worse in important games?!

hi,

I am playing my first season of sega football manager ever. this means so far I have only coached Brigthon in the n1 division in England. Currently we are on a secure 6th spot with only a few games to go this season and I feel like I have been doing well, the board was only expecting me to reach the upper half of the standings. Of course I just dont know if the game picked an especially easy club for me to start with, since I didnt find any difficulty settings. Is that the case or can I be proud? :)

But now to the real question: I made it to the final in the "Paint trophy" competition. Our opponent was ranked 14th in the league, while we were ranked 6th. Morale was very high (all players "very good" or "superb") because we had just easily beaten number 3 in the league. I also took great care that the players in the final were all rested etc. Now the odd thing: We lost 4-1 and never stood a chance, completely outplayed like never in that season. My players had an average rating of about 5.9 while the opponent had an average rating of around 7.8 !

Now I am wondering whether I am missing any option to tell the team that the next game is an especially important one? How comes they play at maybe 7.0 average one game before and then suddenly in an important game the worst performance this season?

I guess there is a switch like "next game is especially important" because there must have been a way the AI got its players to 7.8 for that game?

Thanks!

Need some help. I've got a great save on my laptop but i have steam installed on it. Now i copied the save to my USB flashdisk and put it in my games folder here on my other laptop. I've installed FM on this laptop with the CD and not on steam. But when i try to load the game, it says "the game couldnt be loaded"... Anyone that knows how fix that so i can play with my save from my steam laptop to my other laptop?

WRONG POST! you need to post in "technical support with FM 11" in the homepage

---------- Post added at 02:37 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:22 AM ----------

hi,

I am playing my first season of sega football manager ever. this means so far I have only coached Brigthon in the n1 division in England. Currently we are on a secure 6th spot with only a few games to go this season and I feel like I have been doing well, the board was only expecting me to reach the upper half of the standings. Of course I just dont know if the game picked an especially easy club for me to start with, since I didnt find any difficulty settings. Is that the case or can I be proud? :)

But now to the real question: I made it to the final in the "Paint trophy" competition. Our opponent was ranked 14th in the league, while we were ranked 6th. Morale was very high (all players "very good" or "superb") because we had just easily beaten number 3 in the league. I also took great care that the players in the final were all rested etc. Now the odd thing: We lost 4-1 and never stood a chance, completely outplayed like never in that season. My players had an average rating of about 5.9 while the opponent had an average rating of around 7.8 !

Now I am wondering whether I am missing any option to tell the team that the next game is an especially important one? How comes they play at maybe 7.0 average one game before and then suddenly in an important game the worst performance this season?

I guess there is a switch like "next game is especially important" because there must have been a way the AI got its players to 7.8 for that game?

Thanks!

Hi, there are number of reasons why your team must of lost that game. But first i must say, you done well since you're a newbie to the game to achieve 6th and there is no difficulty in the game. :).

Now, the 1st reason may be complacency. This means that your team must have been too overconfident and you did not warn them about it in the team talk and when players get overconfident they start to play with too much confident meaning they will lose possession all the time. If it's the other way round, the player must of been too nervous. Thus you must encourage them but i don't think that's the case since their morale was high?

2nd reason might have been your tactics. Depending on the pitch size and your tactics, it might have not worked well. What was the pitch that you played on? Was it small, large, wide, long? Every pitch is different in my opinion, with small pitches, they tend to work well with lower teams as it consumes less energy and since the team does not have a lot of talent, they can crowd the pitch and tactics such as 4-5-1 work well in these. Were as, Large pitches are good for top talented teams like int he premier division as they got lots of talent and use their skills as more space to dribble into. Long pitches are good for direct tactics, sending long balls across to tall strong target man kind of thing. Wide pitches are good i think if you have good wingers who dribble excellently and cross balls in. Also consider the opposition Instructions, Hard tackle on players who have talent on the ball, Close down players who are a threat, Tight marking if it's a target man and they pass the ball to him often.

Always consider what you do with team talks. If you feel they are under too much pressure, nervous, then motivate them, encourage them, tell them that they can win! If the game is pretty much over like you are winning 5-0 already in the first half, tell them that they can relax and enjoy the game. However, if they are losing and are not coping with the opponents, and really should be winning against a weaker side, demand to see better of them. If they really are player very very poorly like rating of 5.9 and below, tell them to get their act together, wheres the passion etc.

Lots of things are important in that game and is complicated to explain. Try and look at guides which will help to expand your knowledge on the game.

Good luck.

My problem is.....when releasing players FM no longers tells me how much ££££'s it's costing me to terminate the players contract.

Don't know why this is happening now as before everything was fine......any ideas??

My problem is.....when releasing players FM no longers tells me how much ££££'s it's costing me to terminate the players contract.

Don't know why this is happening now as before everything was fine......any ideas??

Well its something to do with technical issue thats for sure. Maybe re-install game? go ask in technical support, will help.

Which tactic to go with.?

Hello guys,
I am starting a game with sunderland and i have assembled with the help of editor an all england young team. My starting 11 are

GK- Smithies
RB- Kyle walker
CB- Shawcross/Jones
LB- Bertrand
DM- Rodwell
AMC- Wilshere
RM- Cleverley
LM- Jarvis
ST- Campbell, Wickham
+ collison, shelvey, addison, clyne, mancienne, welbeck..

Please suggest a good tactic/formation to extract the best out of these players. If i need to have a 3 man midfield as opposed to the 2 man mid that i have assembled here, i will buy players according to it. But do suggest some good tactic for these players..

Hello guys,
I am starting a game with sunderland and i have assembled with the help of editor an all england young team. My starting 11 are

GK- Smithies
RB- Kyle walker
CB- Shawcross/Jones
LB- Bertrand
DM- Rodwell
AMC- Wilshere
RM- Cleverley
LM- Jarvis
ST- Campbell, Wickham
+ collison, shelvey, addison, clyne, mancienne, welbeck..

Please suggest a good tactic/formation to extract the best out of these players. If i need to have a 3 man midfield as opposed to the 2 man mid that i have assembled here, i will buy players according to it. But do suggest some good tactic for these players..

4-5-1 or 4-4-2 will prob be a good tactic for that team but check out the tactics section of the forum on the homepage. There is lots over there and i don't really use any so i can't really suggest to you as i create my own tactic as i find it more fun.

4-5-1 or 4-4-2 will prob be a good tactic for that team but check out the tactics section of the forum on the homepage. There is lots over there and i don't really use any so i can't really suggest to you as i create my own tactic as i find it more fun.

Ok.. I will head into tactics section and have a look at it. But most of them imply on 3 man midfield. So i had a confusion on which formation to go with..

Ok.. I will head into tactics section and have a look at it. But most of them imply on 3 man midfield. So i had a confusion on which formation to go with..

Try the formations that include Defensive midfielders, they do good i think...

nico: thanks.

now to the next easy question:

The last few players I tried to sign it always says when negotiating a contract "you will have to pay 1,6m in compensation for this deal" where the number (1,6m or 2,5m) is always ridciously high, higher than the estimated player value and much higher than my budget.

what I dont get is that I agreed with his club that they would release the player for 350.000 and he was transfer listed!! why then suddenly in the negotiation it says in small print I am supposed to play millions?!

nico: thanks.

now to the next easy question:

The last few players I tried to sign it always says when negotiating a contract "you will have to pay 1,6m in compensation for this deal" where the number (1,6m or 2,5m) is always ridciously high, higher than the estimated player value and much higher than my budget.

what I dont get is that I agreed with his club that they would release the player for 350.000 and he was transfer listed!! why then suddenly in the negotiation it says in small print I am supposed to play millions?!

hmm...i don't know is it a bug? Or did you press make an offer instead approach to sign? Or maybe a minimum requirement that you need to pay? :/ i really don't know sorry.

Just started with BATE in bealraus i need help i have 300k to spend anyone done this league before i need advice i think i can win the league but how to get better any singing suggestions ect thanks!

Just started with BATE in bealraus i need help i have 300k to spend anyone done this league before i need advice i think i can win the league but how to get better any singing suggestions ect thanks!

I've never been in that league before but one thing i know is loaning is a good way. Loan players from big clubs reserves. Try and get parent clubs (only if your in lower league/team) it helps me a lot because i am managing Wycombe Wanderers and i loan players from my parent club, Arsenal which have great players in reserves!

Also try free agents, they help..i don't know many but search it in player search and filter it to what you want.

Hope that helped ya :)

Try the formations that include Defensive midfielders, they do good i think...

@ Nico-
Hey Nico i am now trying with 451 where rodwell plays as defensive midfielder. Wilshere as playmaker, collison as a support player. I will post you soon on how my results fare..

Alright folks! Im having serious problems getting into games on FM2011. The problem being I cant get futher than maybe the 1st 3 or 4 matches after pre season. Im not sure why this is, maybe I cant get used to the new flow of FM2011 its kinda getting to me now lol! 2010 was soo much easier to get into and I really wanna get going with a game before 2012 comes out! lol! Can anyone here help please?

@ Nico-
Hey Nico i am now trying with 451 where rodwell plays as defensive midfielder. Wilshere as playmaker, collison as a support player. I will post you soon on how my results fare..

good to know that i helped you a bit :)

---------- Post added at 11:32 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:25 PM ----------

Alright folks! Im having serious problems getting into games on FM2011. The problem being I cant get futher than maybe the 1st 3 or 4 matches after pre season. Im not sure why this is, maybe I cant get used to the new flow of FM2011 its kinda getting to me now lol! 2010 was soo much easier to get into and I really wanna get going with a game before 2012 comes out! lol! Can anyone here help please?

what do you mean? you are struggling with games or you having technical issues? you can't play games bug?

Right Winger

Managing Sunderland 1st season

got 9 mill to spend, pretty happy with the few signings i made but need a right winger

Any suggestions?

Was going try Julien Faubert but wages too high

Is there a way to replace all blank faces in the game with a default face. I am using the Fm07 skin and the blank faces are to dark to see on my screen.

Managing Sunderland 1st season

got 9 mill to spend, pretty happy with the few signings i made but need a right winger

Any suggestions?

Was going try Julien Faubert but wages too high
Try Barnetta, he's a Swiss left winger but is qually adapt to the right win. Or maxi rodriguez

Back