The Help Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Jack Fulham
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 787
  • Views Views 118K
Hello , My problem is that I got a 2 players with the same name but 1 of em isnt in my editor and thats 1 I want to delete, so my question is : how to delete a player without the editor?

Hello , My problem is that I got a 2 players with the same name but 1 of em isnt in my editor and thats 1 I want to delete, so my question is : how to delete a player without the editor?

You can't really delete someone without using the editor!

is there a way for an amateur club to become a Professional Club, or would I be wasting my time with these sort of clubs

without using editors

is there a way for an amateur club to become a Professional Club, or would I be wasting my time with these sort of clubs

without using editors

Erm..the only way i can think of, is to make them good. So if they are amateur of a low league team...you gotta make them win, win trophies and leagues and i guess then they become a bit professional.

So you have to manage them and make them win trophies and leagues.

I have a quick question concerning one of my players: Is it worth it to train him as a Striker / poacher? The only position he can play at the moment is M C.

Last edited:
I have a quick question concerning one of my players: Is it worth it to train him as a Striker / poacher? The only position he can play at the moment is M C.

Hmm i don't know...depends on his stats?

Hey guys I'm having trouble with my reading save i finished first season 7th and lost kebe thanks to the chairman :-( looking to improve squad need poss a centre mid and right/left mid transfer funds are 1 Mill View attachment 162103

I'l give that a go Nico any good ones off top of ya head??

Vershakov or something plays for Naftan 550k look for him very good

Soukouna is a good free and Edu.

Mate Simao - cost around a million so i don't know :/ but he is a defo buy if you can afford it

LW/RW - Spas Delev, Martin Zeman, Anas Sharbini, Luca Tremolada

Also try Dabo(free), Jonatas(free), Kouyate

Good luck, use the player search filter, very useful! :)

Can someone please explain to me what the different types of Sugar Daddies do (ie Pros and cons) and also what happens if your club is a PLC?

Thanks in advance

Can someone please explain to me what the different types of Sugar Daddies do (ie Pros and cons) and also what happens if your club is a PLC?

Thanks in advance

Sugar Daddy means that the chairman of the club, will invest his own money into the club. Thus means that if the club goes into serious debt, the chairman will help the club by putting in his own money which sometimes saves them from administration. However, the only problem i can think is that they may take the money out of the profits for themselves.

If you're talking about different types...i'm not sure in FM11 but in FM10 there are None, Foreground, Background and Underwriter. Is that what there is for FM11 too?

Well what i know from FM10 is that:

None - Just not a sugar daddy?

Foreground - They will throw a lot of money at the club to spend and aren't scared of spending their money

Background - They spend enough to make them a force in their current league but if they go up a level or two it would no longer apply.

Underwriter - They don't give the manager any extra transfer budget but come the end of the season they will always cover any loss the club is making and not expect the money back.

Hope that helped you :)

Also a PLC allows the public to buy certain amounts of shares in the club, normally the chairman has majority of the shares while other shareholders own the others. This could be a good or bad idea as fans can control the club meaning the board has less say in how things are run. This means that you might be able to persuade them to increase the stadium capacity or invest in youth players or give you more transfer budget. However, the bad side of this is that you have to pay dividends at the end of the season and this means that you lose certain amounts of money depending on the percentage.

Last edited:
That's great thanks very much Chico Nico. That's just what I needed :)

Summer of change for my Celtic team, and we've had a poor pre-season, and been knocked out of the qualifiers of Champions League, something's not right and I'm not sure what. I have got a bit of money (5m ish)
2uj2vqw.png

Summer of change for my Celtic team, and we've had a poor pre-season, and been knocked out of the qualifiers of Champions League, something's not right and I'm not sure what. I have got a bit of money (5m ish)
2uj2vqw.png

It really depends on a lot of things...Is your squad new? Have you bought a bunch of new players? If so this will take time as they need time to blend in to the squad. Is it your tactic? Maybe it isn't working for your team... Is it a certain area that your team is not coping with? Like is your striker not scoring in one on one chances? If so maybe he ain't performing good so either motivate him and tell him to perform better or just get rid of them and get a new one.

It would be so much easier if you showed the tactics and the form ratings of the players..check the team report...what is your weakness?

It really depends on a lot of things...Is your squad new? Have you bought a bunch of new players? If so this will take time as they need time to blend in to the squad. Is it your tactic? Maybe it isn't working for your team... Is it a certain area that your team is not coping with? Like is your striker not scoring in one on one chances? If so maybe he ain't performing good so either motivate him and tell him to perform better or just get rid of them and get a new one.

It would be so much easier if you showed the tactics and the form ratings of the players..check the team report...what is your weakness?

Can't say anything better than that. Everything is in the above quote for you.

I'm not on my PC right now, so I'll do this.
4-2-2-2, relying heavily on wingers and set pieces, before this season it's worked a treat, I mean a 3-0 win away at Real Madrid treat.
I've just sold Scott Brown/Joe Ledley and brought in Jay McCarthy and got Seol Ki Hyon back from loan. Juarez won SPL player of the season just. My strikers are used to each other. Caciedo's my top scorer easily, Hooper averages good and scores 10-15 goals a season, Stokes is doing really well too. And I forgot about the work permits, so I can't play Jo or Medina yet.
My main problem throughout pre-season was conceding too many, which oddly is normally my strongest point. Hinkel-Rogne-Majstrovic-Izaguirre up until last season, and now with Wilson/Caulker they'll replace Majstrovic.

can someone tell me if you have to select what international teams are available to manage when you start a new save.
I am in my 6th season now and want to manage a international team so after the copa america finished the columbia and chile managers
got sacked but the job didnt show up in job centre , nor could i apply for them at the teams page any help much appreciated guys.

Can someone tell me what qualities to look for for each position, stat wise?

For example a striker will need a good finishing stat, as well as good composure. A winger will need good pace and acceleration as well as crossing. I'm sure there are more.

GK is seperate as they have their own stats.

But what about a right or left back? Centre back? R or L mid? CM? CAM/LAM/RAM? Wingers? Strikers?

Thanks a lot.

Back