The Help Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Jack Fulham
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 787
  • Views Views 118K
Didn't wanna start a whole new thread on this, and the search results were'nt too accurate.

So anyway, I was just wondering how I go about turning one of my older players into a coach. I have 1 or 2 right now that state they really want to get into it I have no idea how to make it happen.

My previous season I had Sol Campbell, who was interested in coaching, I suggested to him that he'd be good at it, and he said something along the lines of let's not wait, and make it happen now. Job done I though, I can now make him a coach, but what the **** was I supposed to do?? I tried offer new contract but could only highlight 'player'...

I waited for his contract to run out and still couldn't offer him a staff contract, now he's playing elsewhere, still as a player.

Can I request a match postponement? I've looked everywhere I can think of and can't see an option. I have 3 goalkeepers in my squad and they've all been called up for U21 international duty (I have 4 players missing all together). I now have only 2 sixteen year old keepers in my U19's who are both really really rubbish!

Sorry if already asked, the search function wasn't working.

---------- Post added at 10:33 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:32 PM ----------

I think you just offer them a new contract and select 'coach' or 'player/coach' as their role.

Can I request a match postponement? I've looked everywhere I can think of and can't see an option. I have 3 goalkeepers in my squad and they've all been called up for U21 international duty (I have 4 players missing all together). I now have only 2 sixteen year old keepers in my U19's who are both really really rubbish!

Sorry if already asked, the search function wasn't working.

---------- Post added at 10:33 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:32 PM ----------

I think you just offer them a new contract and select 'coach' or 'player/coach' as their role.

I don't think you can and is very unlikely, you should of searched google like i did!!! But only happens to lower league teams who are poorer and happens usually to weather like pitch is frozen. I got the information from this link below:

http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/fm-2...-postponed-games-football-manager-2011-a.html

Just a simple question really for all those that have a good knowledge of the Liga BBVA is Nilmar injury prone, because Im not kidding every single match he has started in my current season he has got injured because if it carrys on like this I might just cash in and buy someone else

I'm quite new to this forum so and to fm so I apologise if this problem has already been solved but tbh I didn't really fancy scrolling through 16 pages to look for it. Anyways, I have this strange issue. I'm managing Man City and when I go to the tactics screen where it shows your players and what positions they are playing, etc. all the players (shirt icons) are not there. I just have a blank pitch. I'm sure I haven't described this well so could someone explain to me how I post a screenshot and I'll show you my problem.
Thanks

@kingmatt899

Nilmar was not injury prone in my Villareal save. He basically started in almost every match. Giuseppe Rossi on the other hand, misses almost 60% of all matches. There is very little positions to strengthen (assuming you're playing with villareal) unless you plan to win the CL. You can probably win the league in first year with the currents quad. So I would advise to keep him as he usually is top scorer for me!

Onto my question now. My keepers contract is due in some months time. I am overloaded with wages and cannot keep him. So I found a nice youth keeper to sign but MU beat me to it. I placed my keeper on the transfer list to get some money. He was unhappy and he told me via private chat/press that he wants to remain at the club. My problem was that I'd love to keep him but his wages were much too high. So I told the press that he would be leaving.

Then after a week or so, we got taken over and we got a slightly higher transfer budget. I instantly wanted to offer him a contract but his agent said he wasn't interested and I couldn't even offer it. What amused me was that his personal details it said that "he doesn't want to leave the club" and unhappiness reasons "Alienated. Doesn't want to leave the club". Is that a bug or am I doing something wrong...

Was just wondering if someone could help me with this question as I am sure the solution is simple. Before you start a match it usually asks you to confirm your team selection and I seem to have ticked a box so that confirmation window no longer appears. This is a bit annoying when I forget to change my team. I was just wondering how to get that dialouge box back before I start a match. Cheers.

Already asked this question but no one gave me an answer. When I go to view my squad none of my players come up,but when I ask assistant to pick it, It still comes up the usual things the assistant says when you ask him? So i cant pick my team unless I ask him that means I wont know who he played until after the match is done! someone please help because it is annoying the life out of me lol.

condition

Hi all

i dont no why but for some reason and it always seems to be the case, before the start of a match my players all except the odd one and goalkeeper are around 80-85% condition i use training that i have found on here and have done for a few yrs now is there an obvious reason for this, is it the norm or????

hi guys...can somebody tell me if there is an alternative/equivalent type player to a complete forward? im trying one of the tactics in the TT&F, and quite like it, but playing as palace and trying to match up the 20 attributes of a complete forward and sign anyone is impossible without breaking the bank and wages...i have a striker that does ok, but then at times, i have to then switch my other strikers to poacher, and change the trequartista to advanced p/maker (support)...and im not sure then if it messes the tactic up?

any tactical geniuses out there to gimme a hand? im playing the levski sofia 4231 tactic...back four, two def mids (one def, the other supp), two wingers (inside forwards), a trequartista, and a complete forward

cheers

---------- Post added at 03:24 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:22 PM ----------

Already asked this question but no one gave me an answer. When I go to view my squad none of my players come up,but when I ask assistant to pick it, It still comes up the usual things the assistant says when you ask him? So i cant pick my team unless I ask him that means I wont know who he played until after the match is done! someone please help because it is annoying the life out of me lol.

have you got your filters on your squad page all unticked?...could be that?

Hi guys need abit of help, whenever I create a tactic I can never for some reason have high possession I know it doesnt matter as long as I get results but I would really like to keep possession of the ball. I'm currently Barcelona usng my own 4-5-1 tactic I can score but can't keep possesion, any ideas on what i can do? the team I play with is:
GK: Valdes
RB: Alves - Full Back - Attack
RCB: Pique - BPD - Stopper
LCB: Puyol - CD - Cover
LB: Abidal - Full Back Attack
CDM: Busquetes - Defensive Midfield - Defend
RCM: Xavi - DLP - Support
LCM: Iniesta - AP - Attack
RW: Messi - IF - Attack
LW: Pedro - IF - Attack
ST: Villa - DLF - Attack

after 10 years still not pro why?

Guys hop I post this correct. I got a big problem. I am in year 2022 with queens park in scotland. But the team is still amatar. I would like to know why? I have been promoted from division 3 to 1 and I have 60mio but they would not make me at least semi-pro what is the problem?

Hi does any one know whay i cannot get the best out of any 'No 10' or attacking midfielder/advanced playmaker during my games i have had paulo Henrique, jadson, scholes, canales, hamsik. I have played as Juventus, Man united and bristol city. In that position they are consistantly the worst performers in my team averaging about 6.77 yet if i leave the club or sell them on paulo Henrique and Canales especially go on to be the two of the best players in game always averaging in the high 8.00

Hi does any one know whay i cannot get the best out of any 'No 10' or attacking midfielder/advanced playmaker during my games i have had paulo Henrique, jadson, scholes, canales, hamsik. I have played as Juventus, Man united and bristol city. In that position they are consistantly the worst performers in my team averaging about 6.77 yet if i leave the club or sell them on paulo Henrique and Canales especially go on to be the two of the best players in game always averaging in the high 8.00

do you use the advanced option for the player roles? if not have a look at it! it really depends on what you want the attacking midfielder to do wether you want them to have all time freedom like lionel messi, or control the game by passing it as much as possible.

Okay , noob alert .

I have been reading some tactical posts , some of them say to mark crosses as 'often' , to head etc etc . Where do i set them for individual players? Could someone help me out

Tactics> click player you want to edit> click advanced tab on the top right

hi,guys... i play with red star. Gaining nationality period in serbia is 3 years. But i have a problem. My foreign player status is "need more matches for current club". How many matches does he have to play for the club?
His been at my club for 3,5 years....

Back