Ive just started out with Burnley..
I havent even done anything yet, i went straight to school after saving the game.
Just wanted to ask if any of you could tell me what kind of player i should target in the market right from the get go..?

In my last game I went 2-0 up, and the commentary ticker said "Juventus continue their unbeaten run / This will make it seven games without defeat!" Which was a bit premature considering it was only the 38th minute. It's happened to me twice and, indeed, I didn't lose either match, but everyone knows you can still lose from 2-0 up, especially with more time left in the game than gone. Has anyone got a message like this and gone on to lose the game?

Not a help question buy a WHY question
you save a game before the match, you lose 5-0, reload the game and you "might" win 3-0
why dose this happen

Because most of what happens in football is random.

Is it possible to sim or start a game years after. For example 2050 ? I want to play a future game, but obviously its simmed so transfers and promotions and such. Theres a file on here but the download link dosent work is there a quick way to do it?

I have a question regarding Feeder Clubs.

I've told my board that we should find a feeder club abroad to help increase finances. They agree, but each and every time they search for a club they end up empty handed. Is there something i could do to help them locate one? They just keep telling me they can't find one.. which to me seems odd.

Does club relations have something to do with this?

Is it possible to sim or start a game years after. For example 2050 ? I want to play a future game, but obviously its simmed so transfers and promotions and such. Theres a file on here but the download link dosent work is there a quick way to do it?

holiday 'till the year 2050.

im the manager of ARIS salonika in the greek superleague, im struggling atm in first season, what tatic should i use and what players should i sign, only have 170k trasnfer and 120k wages

Hi,

Just finished my first season with real madrid, and did well, winning the league and the champions cup. However i needed to improve my defence this year, and am in the process of signing chiellini and otamendi for this reason. However i already have Pepe, Carvalho, Garay and Albiol, and feel the need to get rid of two of them to accomodate my two new signings. Can you please give guidance on which two i should sell on? Thanks :)

need big help the next two games are at Home one in the Champions Cup with Benfica and League match with Real Madrid. Problems i have got is that their no pique due to card limit no Xavi (inj) no Abidul and no Payol for the Real Madrid game due to 5 yellow cards. i am 10 games unbeaten and dont really want to lose it now.

I need help in regards to installing new sounds to fm 11. It says in the intructions that i have to delete the sound cache or something but i cant find the file ??

Help anyone ??

I have a question, when I am playing the game with the 3d match engine on, everyone on the pitch, the players, the goalies, the subs, the refs, are all wearing this very tacky, red and blue stripped kit, very strange, because, in the editor it shows they're 3d kits as correct, anybody else having this problem? or know of a solution?

Can someone tell me how i can give any team as much money i want

(think i need to do it on the editor but where is it and how do i use it?)

Thanks

Right guys,I'm Southampton,just starting second season so 11/12 season,won promotion to championship finishing 2nd,have a decent squad but obviously still need to strengthen it however i have no money for fees so i will have to rely on out of contract players and loans,I've already signed Smithies,Savage,Marcus Bent,Sol Campbell,Kieron Dyer but i still need a few more bodies so who should i go for,cheap or free?

guys, i need some advice about selling players...sound odd?

im managing newcastle (about to start 2nd season)...want to offload barton, alan smith, ben arfa, ameobi and ryan taylor...all ****, but my problem is because of their high wages, i cant get rid...if clubs come in, they cant afford them, and the players demand i pay a percentage of their salary to move...do i suck it up? ive even thought of offering them for free...this would cut my wage bill by about 225K a week (275k if i can dump nolan too)...any ideas pls?

Right guys,I'm Southampton,just starting second season so 11/12 season,won promotion to championship finishing 2nd,have a decent squad but obviously still need to strengthen it however i have no money for fees so i will have to rely on out of contract players and loans,I've already signed Smithies,Savage,Marcus Bent,Sol Campbell,Kieron Dyer but i still need a few more bodies so who should i go for,cheap or free?

Where do you need to strengthen? Championship season on my Southampton save I think I already had Leigh Griffiths (Dundee - didn't cost much, still tearing teams a new one in the Prem) and Mataja Kezman (free) in place up front, with Lambert and Barnard as back up. Midfield of Puncheon / Chamberlain, Schneiderlin, Henri Lansbury (loan from Arsenal, excellent in the Championship), and Lallana, who are all more than good enough for that level. Defense was Fonte / Jaidi or Steve Olfers / Ahmed Fathi (free - great utility player) / Barry Douglas (fairly costly mistake) plus loanees (Seamus Coleman and Havard Nordveit I think). Smithies in goal, with Kelvin Davies as back up.

I would caution against getting in too many journeymen, the Championship is pretty easy to get out of with Southampton (in my experience at least), and I've ended up with a few mediocre players on longish contracts that don't even get a look in now I'm in the Prem. A mix of older players from the Premiership on one or two year deals (as you have done) and decent loanees, with the odd bargain when you see one, should be more than enough to get you promoted.

Last edited:
guys, i need some advice about selling players...sound odd?

im managing newcastle (about to start 2nd season)...want to offload barton, alan smith, ben arfa, ameobi and ryan taylor...all ****, but my problem is because of their high wages, i cant get rid...if clubs come in, they cant afford them, and the players demand i pay a percentage of their salary to move...do i suck it up? ive even thought of offering them for free...this would cut my wage bill by about 225K a week (275k if i can dump nolan too)...any ideas pls?

If you don't need them, then loan them out and have their wages paid in full or alot. Have a future fee to try offload them but run down their contract in the mean time.

If lucky and they perform well you can sell them as other clubs might take an interest.

And if you can't loan them then mutual termination is the best option but only if their contract runs out soon otherwise you're better off paying their wages to move and suck it up for a season or 2.

If you don't need them, then loan them out and have their wages paid in full or alot. Have a future fee to try offload them but run down their contract in the mean time.

If lucky and they perform well you can sell them as other clubs might take an interest.

And if you can't loan them then mutual termination is the best option but only if their contract runs out soon otherwise you're better off paying their wages to move and suck it up for a season or 2.

cheers keshs001: sol campbell's contract ran out (20 odd k): kevin nolan went out on loan (50k): barton (75k) i sold for a million (just to offload him) to fener: but have to pay 6.25k a week for the move: offered ameobi (26k) around for free, and leicester signed him: ryan taylor (33k) sent on loan, but again paying a few grand a week, with stoke having the option to buy...so you can see, its freed up a good few bob for new signings.

thanks again mate

I haven't loaded Spanish league third division in my current save. My Barcelona At. team has been demoted to the third division after a very non-impressive first season in Liga Adelante which caused a lot of my B Team players then to become unhappy with the management and eventually leave the team on a free transfer. Meanwhile, I've been producing a lot of promising youngsters from my youth team and through signings and have to place most of them in this B Team as they've not good enough to play even as a sub in my senior team when they become ineligible for the youth squad. Some gets to play in my senior team as a sub meanwhile.

But I've noticed that these promising youngsters in B Team (which plays in an unloaded third division) never develops. not even a single of their attributes increase by a notch. The B Team has excellent facilities and good coaches while my youngsters were playing regular first team football there. I've noticed meanwhile that other clubs who were previously demoted from Liga Adelante to the third division get to play there again after a few seasons, which means they were eventually promoted once more to the Liga Adelante.On my fourth season on the current save, I tried spending more than 40 M euros to sign players for my B Team in an attempt to get them back to Liga Adelante because I believe (as I've read in several threads here in fm-base.co.uk), playing in a loaded league is vital in developing youngsters. Well, after that season, despite winning back-to-back Federation Cups, they failed to be promoted to Liga Adelante. Will there ever be a way to eventually get promoted to the Liga adelante from an unloaded third division?

Last edited:
I've got a quick question about being cup-tied.

Is it possible to loan in players and prevent them from being cup-tied? I have tried turning on the "Can play in cup matches" clause, but it didn't seem to work; my loaned-in players had the "Ine" when registration day came.

Having problems with you save?

Wondering what players to sign?

Want to tactic to use?

Ask in here and hopefully one of us mods or other members will help you.

Feel free to ask any FM related question.

Having purchased Football Manager 2011 last week I've been getting to grips with the game that is rather complicated compared to Championship Manager 3 series, which I am used to.

I finally settled on starting a game with Coventry City in the English Championship and have currently played up to early November 2010 in the game.

It has not been a bad start as I currently find myself in 10th position which is causing a surprise as Coventry were one of the favourites to be in a relegation battle. I even won a manager of the month award for September.

However, I've suddenly gone on a awful run of form and can't fathom on why. My Match Preparation looks great with 3 tactics that are all nearly on the 'Fluidity' mark.

With the recent turn of results, my best performers lost form and it's proving hard to turn this all around. I've not done anything differently and rather confused about what to do next.

Do I need to make new tactics? Adjust training schedules? Sack and sign new staff members?

Advice very much appreciated!