Help a newbie?

Hi, first time with FM since a flutter in 08 and i'm really trying to get into and perhaps it's just teething problems but I need some guidance because i'm getting thrashed in every game. I'm Sheff U, not a bad team but not great, playoff standard I reckon and I've tried my own tactics, played a bit with the different team instructions, even tried downloading so called amazing goals galore tactics from here but nothing seems to stop the fact that i'm getting cained every week - played about 15 games so far, bottom of the table.

From looking at match stats each game, pretty much every game, with whatever tactic i choose, the opposition gets over 10 shots, sometimes near 16, while i rarely get over 7 per match. The opposition always seems to score on their first attack or within 5 mins and if i've managed to hold out 0-0 or a draw for most of the game but i'm being beasted on shots i've noticed a canny and annoying trait that the computer seems to give them a goal in OT.

I'm not looking for a miracle cure as I want to develop my own skill on the game just some starter pointers would be great please?

Ok just got football manager and im going to start with sunderland and i am wondering what players should i buy?

Im currently trying to bring the Soviet Union back into the game, with all the nations that have come from the USSR (Russia, Latvia etc) I have made them as non-existent as I can on the editor as you cant delete them, and have made the USSR's information very similar to Russia's, reputation etc, but when I went to load the db I got a crash dump every time (Tried about 8 times), I checked the changes and everything and it all seemed to be fine so I cant work out why it hasnt worked, any ideas why ?

Hi everyone, can someone please tell me how to turn of the results popup window in fm 2011

Thanks

Hi, first time with FM since a flutter in 08 and i'm really trying to get into and perhaps it's just teething problems but I need some guidance because i'm getting thrashed in every game. I'm Sheff U, not a bad team but not great, playoff standard I reckon and I've tried my own tactics, played a bit with the different team instructions, even tried downloading so called amazing goals galore tactics from here but nothing seems to stop the fact that i'm getting cained every week - played about 15 games so far, bottom of the table.

From looking at match stats each game, pretty much every game, with whatever tactic i choose, the opposition gets over 10 shots, sometimes near 16, while i rarely get over 7 per match. The opposition always seems to score on their first attack or within 5 mins and if i've managed to hold out 0-0 or a draw for most of the game but i'm being beasted on shots i've noticed a canny and annoying trait that the computer seems to give them a goal in OT.

I'm not looking for a miracle cure as I want to develop my own skill on the game just some starter pointers would be great please?

Try this one if u will and tell me. My own and i'm not very good at tactics myself:p. Only tested with chelsea so far, but gonna start with blackpool now.

Edit: just saw the last line. Well, cant really tell you much without seeing your tactic

Last edited:
Hi everyone, can someone please tell me how to turn of the results popup window in fm 2011

Thanks

Unsubscribe it. There is a star to the top right of the results screen. Click on it and it should work.... i think:)

Hello, Im using this tactic - its attached , but my players do over 30 fouls per game, atleast 2 of them get red cards and 4 other players get yellow. It sucks , i even put the tackling on more cautious, and they mainly get the red card at 80+ , so can someone configure it so they do foul but lesser, and more proper tackling.. Thanks.,

Hello, Im using this tactic - its attached , but my players do over 30 fouls per game, atleast 2 of them get red cards and 4 other players get yellow. It sucks , i even put the tackling on more cautious, and they mainly get the red card at 80+ , so can someone configure it so they do foul but lesser, and more proper tackling.. Thanks.,

what is the team u are playing with??

i hav a transfer related problem...i am startin my secnd season at arsenal... i am trying to sign rafael frm man utd fr 1m plus squillaci ...rafael has handed in transfer request nd man utd wnt squillaci...squillaci agrees to move nd so does rafael ..den it says cnt sign rafael squad size restricted to 25 players whic i dnt get cos rafael is 20 yrs old nd no. of under 21s is unlimited... aftr dis i try to sign hugo viana frm braga in which i succeed..
pls help

what is the team u are playing with??

Real Madrid.

Pepe = Red Card , every 4 matches, and yellow every match.
Raul Albiol - Yellow every match.
Ronaldo = Red card one time, yellow every 3 matches.

I in the teamtalk screen have accidentally put the subs above the players! any help how to change it back? (screenie attached below)

First, sorry about my english.

You know, there is a new clause in contracts "sueldo tras xx partidos de liga con el equipo" I think this could be "wage after XX league matches" in english.

My question: is about matches with first team? or if player plays with te U-20 team, the wage will grow up after this matches?

Thanks

How do u get pictures and football manager cards at the bottom
theres a paper clip icon on the top right of the message box which comes up when u try to post something ,you take snapshots on fm by pressing alt-f9

---------- Post added at 06:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:05 PM ----------

First, sorry about my english.

You know, there is a new clause in contracts "sueldo tras xx partidos de liga con el equipo" I think this could be "wage after XX league matches" in english.

My question: is about matches with first team? or if player plays with te U-20 team, the wage will grow up after this matches?

Thanks

i think it is first team only ,i dont think u-20 is a proffessional league...

---------- Post added at 06:13 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:07 PM ----------

i have a transfer related problem...i am starting my second season at arsenal... i am trying to sign rafael from man utd fr 1m plus squillaci ...rafael has handed in transfer request and man utd want squillaci...squillaci agrees to move and so does rafael ..den it says cant sign rafael squad size restricted to 25 players which i dont get cos rafael is 20 yrs old and no. of under 21s is unlimited... after dis i try to sign hugo viana from braga in which i succeed..
pls help
finally got the the transfer through! :) it works with cash only transfer ...though lost money on squillaci..still marvelous piece of business....
this is a bug in the game ....a quite irritating one...hope it gets straightened out in the next patch... :S

theres a paper clip icon on the top right of the message box which comes up when u try to post something ,you take snapshots on fm by pressing alt-f9

---------- post added at 06:07 pm ---------- previous post was at 06:05 pm ----------

i think it is first team only ,i dont think u-20 is a proffessional league...

---------- post added at 06:13 pm ---------- previous post was at 06:07 pm ----------

finally got the the transfer through! :) it works with cash only transfer ...though lost money on squillaci..still marvelous piece of business....
This is a bug in the game ....a quite irritating one...hope it gets straightened out in the next patch... :s

Thanks!

Oke so i couldnt decide where to put the question so i guess the help thread should be a good place for it :)
So where can i find the dynamic reputation table to see how the leagues are ranked and such? Or isnt that possible to check? Becouse i really want to make the Swedish Leauge the best leauge in the world and i want to check my progress :)

Down the bottom left click 'Europe' then go 'Competitions'

There you go. :)